Offline kakabanas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:24
« Reply #210 on: Nov 13, 2003 at 11:15 PM »
And I can't believe the President did that ! That was so out of his character. Really bad ...

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Dec 12, 2003 at 05:47 AM »
3rd season ... I'm losing interest. The suspense and thrills are not up to my expectations. Either it's getting tired for my taste or it's just really getting tired.  At least Calamity Kim seems to be not doing anything stupid ... quite the opposite actually ... but you never know. Can't wait for Sherry Palmer to return in January. I hope that's a multi-episode comeback.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline miami_dude

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Dec 19, 2003 at 04:36 PM »
3rd season ... I'm losing interest. The suspense and thrills are not up to my expectations. Either it's getting tired for my taste or it's just really getting tired.  At least Calamity Kim seems to be not doing anything stupid ... quite the opposite actually ... but you never know. Can't wait for Sherry Palmer to return in January. I hope that's a multi-episode comeback.  ;D ;D ;D

I like Season 3 so far.  IMHO, mas gusto ko siya kesa sa Season 2 (pero maganda rin Season 2 syempre).  Sobrang daming unpredictable twists kase ng Season 3.  Sige hanggang doon na lang ;D

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
24 on AXN
« Reply #213 on: Jan 05, 2004 at 11:12 AM »
Thanks to AXN's marathon telecast of "24" [Jan 3, 12MN to 11PM], I was finally able to watch parts of Season 1, specifically, the last 6-7 episodes.  I was wondering why it seemed everytime I switched to AXN, "24" ang palabas, yun pala, 24-hours marathon sila.  Finally decided to watch late afternoon.

Once I got hooked, texted a friend who's a big fan of the show, and told him that i hoped Jack ends up with Nina, kasi masyadong damsel in distress si Teri.  Hahahaha!  A lot i knew :)

Offline cbs

• Collector
  • Don't be so humble. You are not that great.(GMeir)
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Jan 05, 2004 at 02:32 PM »

Was able to see the first three eps of season 3 recently (thanks to my brother from the US who taped the first 7 or 8 eps for me). Parang nababagalan na ako sa takbo ng story. It wasn't even that compelling to make me want to watch the succeeding eps. Anyway, I won't judge it until I see the next episodes. But I'm betting tragedy-magnet Kim will perform her magic soon! Hehe!

Incidentally, channel two is bringing back Jack Bauer in 24's second season. I'm betting it's another Tagalized version.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Jan 05, 2004 at 11:28 PM »
OK, the first half of Season 3 really disappointed me. I wish I could say why but that would be major spoiler so I'll just sulk in one corner.  :( :( :(

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Jan 06, 2004 at 09:24 AM »
is this show still on?   :)  or am i just so bored with the season that i completely forget to watch it whenever tuesday rolls around...
The war is over...  Now bring on the classics on HD!

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Jan 06, 2004 at 11:21 PM »
is this show still on?   :)  or am i just so bored with the season that i completely forget to watch it whenever tuesday rolls around...

apparently, yes.

and in tonight's episode, calamity kim extends her disastrous choices to current boyfriend chase. i am telling you, her stupidity is so contagious !only jessica simpson rivals her being dumb ... and at least, jessica's dumbness is sweet and endearing ... and she's got a H-O-T husband that looks so smart around her.

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Jan 06, 2004 at 11:57 PM »
is it that bad ???   :-\

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 12:19 AM »
is it that bad ???   :-\

It is still better than most .... but for 24, I'd say this is not acceptable. The first 2 seasons made me expect nothing less from the show ... and that's what this season is ... LESS.

If you ask miami_dude, I'm 90% sure he'd say otherwise.  So I guess you have to see it for yourself. :-)

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 01:32 AM »
bahala na   :D

i guess kings also doesn't like it   ;D

i'm tempted to watch my downloads na of season 3   ;D

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 08:44 AM »
bahala na   :D

i guess kings also doesn't like it   ;D

i'm tempted to watch my downloads na of season 3   ;D

it's not that i hated the season so far...  it's decent, but as kakabanas had pointed out, it somehow pales in comparison to the previous two seasons...  i don't know, but it slipped off my "must see" list this season...  usually, pag maganda talaga yung show, i wouldn't need a reminder that the show would be on tonight...  automatic na lang na haharap na ako sa TV tapos antayin ko nang magsimula yung program...  i never forget to watch programs when it's "must see" for me...  but with this season's 24, i've forgotten to watch that show after the 4th or 5th hour, i think...  i didn't even realize that i've missed lots of episodes na until i saw this thread again...  even csi: las vegas fell off the radar for me this season...  the only show i've watched completely this season so far was survivor: pearl islands...
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 08:45 AM by kings5504 »

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 09:48 AM »
yikes!!  this does not look good for 24 fans like me...   :-\

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 11:37 AM »
Seen the first three episodes of Season 3.
Surprised that I was able to stop.
I have eight episodes with me and am not in a hurry to finish them.
I'm sure it'll still be fun.
But unlike the first two seasons na parang potato chips - - -can't stop once you start - - -eto kinaya. Bad sign, I suppose.

Season 4 should undergo a major rethink if the franchise is to be kept alive.

Semi spoiler note - - -   Kim Bauer may be in CTU and that may seem to keep her from getting into her silly predicaments but she's still , in her own way, letting her petty concerns blow situations into ballistic mode
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 11:43 AM by X44 »

Offline vincent

• Apprentice
  • Focus on the Journey
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Jan 17, 2004 at 01:46 PM »
I agree! I saw the 1st season and am half-way thru the second season.  Altough the plot in the 2nd season is much deeper than the 1st - I find the 1st season much more thrilling.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #225 on: Jan 21, 2004 at 10:14 PM »
Finally finished Season 2.  What an ending!  Couldn't resist reading Season 3 spoilers :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #226 on: Jan 29, 2004 at 12:59 AM »
Weird "24" trivia of the day:

Kiefer Sutherland's full name is Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland

Weird "24" trivia of the day, part two:

George Mason and Nina Meyers (Xander Berkeley and Sarah Clarke) are married in real life.

(thanks to acidburn for the trivia)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Jan 30, 2004 at 10:44 PM »
Weird "24" trivia of the day, part two:

George Mason and Nina Meyers (Xander Berkeley and Sarah Clarke) are married in real life.

(thanks to acidburn for the trivia)

That isn't really weird. It was mentioned in a lot of interviews during the first season ...

Anyway, the third season is getting a little interesting. Just a little .... they need to do more to pick things up.

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
Re: 24
« Reply #228 on: Apr 27, 2004 at 04:01 AM »
when season 3 started out, I though the Salazars would figure prominently throughout the whole season, but now both brothers are dead and it seems like they and their organization are just a distant memory. The season has certainly taken an interesting turn.

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Apr 27, 2004 at 04:22 AM »
i agree with the general consensus that season 3 has been better lately than its sluggish start...  after not watching for i don't know how many weeks, i was drawn back in with last week's episode...  i mean, i really don't like the dude, but wow!  what a way to start the episode!   :)

...and shouldn't this thread be moved to the Television sub-section (or child board)?
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2004 at 04:23 AM by kings5504 »

Offline Kahon

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • Hmpppp!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Apr 27, 2004 at 06:48 AM »
...and shouldn't this thread be moved to the Television sub-section (or child board)?

done!!!

Offline kings5504

• DVD Guru
  • Rock Band Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Apr 27, 2004 at 09:21 AM »
bilis ah!   ;D  thanks!
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2004 at 09:21 AM by kings5504 »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Apr 29, 2004 at 08:59 AM »
I like Ryan Chapelle .. great character in contrast to Jack Bauer and Tony Almeida.

But yes, the last three episodes have been intense and seems to be back on track.

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Apr 30, 2004 at 04:03 AM »
what I can't understand is, if Jack is such a thorne at his side, why didn't Saunders have Jack killed instead of Chappelle?? ???

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: May 26, 2004 at 02:08 AM »
what I can't understand is, if Jack is such a thorne at his side, why didn't Saunders have Jack killed instead of Chappelle?? ???

Because he was playing cat and mouse with Jack and David ...

S P O I L E R     A L E R T !

Anyway, the last 6 hours have been intense .. and tonight's season finale promises to be a crowd pleaser as well. No cliff hangers unlike last season ... but a major spoiler was leaked to the press ... Tony, Michelle and Chase are not coming back next season ... at least as regulars. Calamity Kim will also be downgraded to a recurring character. And don't count Sherry out, two bullets in her stomach does not necessarily mean she's dead.

Another bad news, the show won't be back until January 2005.

On the bright side, Fox plans to air the show uninterrupted for 5 months ...  sweet !

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: May 26, 2004 at 10:37 AM »
Great season finale !!! After a lackluster mid-season after a strong first 5 episodes, the show rebounded really strong the last 7 hours, finale included. Sweet !

Offline yamota

• Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: May 26, 2004 at 10:27 PM »

The final episode was kinda anti-climactic for me. I was kinda hoping for an all out, no holds barred brawl between Jack and Saunders, but instead Saunders gets gunned down rather unceremoniously by Gaiel's wife.
Second, I'm surprised by how easily that courier guy was able to overpower Chase, I thought Chase was supposed to be a badass??
But there were high points. Like when Jack had to chop off Chase's hand. While he was trying to defuse the virus unit, he looked at the wall and I thought he was looking at the fire extinguisher, and I'm thinking "What's he gonna do, spray down the virus with the fire extinguisher?"
I thought for sure that just as Jack was about to chop off Chase's hand, somebody would interrupt at the last second and say "Jack! Cut the green wire!" and Chase's hand would be saved. But alas, that didn't happen.

Offline number1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Jun 18, 2004 at 08:27 PM »
Second, I'm surprised by how easily that courier guy was able to overpower Chase, I thought Chase was supposed to be a badass??
Keep in my mind, they have been at it for the whole day. They even crossed to Mexico and back. Whew. All that, without even stopping for a meal and even some sleep or rest at all.  :)

I thought for sure that just as Jack was about to chop off Chase's hand, somebody would interrupt at the last second and say "Jack! Cut the green wire!" and Chase's hand would be saved. But alas, that didn't happen.
I have noticed that in 24, whatever you dont expect will certainly happen. i.e. the nuke went off in season 2.   ;)

Offline rossifumi46

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Jul 22, 2004 at 10:34 AM »
will they have season 4?
feel the vibe, listen to the music, stir your soul

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #239 on: Jul 22, 2004 at 10:33 PM »
will they have season 4?

Yes, Season Four is in production, but the only returning full-time cast member is Kiefer Sutherland. Even Elisha Cuthbert (Kim Bauer) and Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer) are not included in the regular cast. They may return for guest appearances, though.

It looks like they're doing some major retooling with this show. It's actually about time, to freshen up the formula.
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2004 at 10:33 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...