• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: 24
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2007 at 11:01 PM »
Day 6 Ep 22:

Talk about a filler episode. Nothing happened! Well, there was the gun fight. But still--nothing happened!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007 at 11:05 PM by sardaukar »

Offline yamota

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Digging deeper
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2007 at 02:46 AM »
Oh good! Because I missed it :D

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #332 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 12:55 PM »
catched up with 24 the past 2 weeks. since Season 6 is over, i'm assuming these won't be considered spoilers anymore.

after Season 3, i thought every character except Jack Bauer is gone. then i was all smiles when his old pals came back one by one in Season 4 - Almeida, Dessler, and even Pres Palmer. and then Bam! Season 5 starts  ;D  btw, it was nice to see Kim again  ::)  i don't like her character getting in trouble all the time, but at least it's only for an hour in Season 5

i also like that the show is no longer divided into two major plots (12hrs each). and that the there's a mole in CTU problem isn't overused anymore, since most new characters introduced will always be suspected as a mole.

as for Season 5 getting the Best Dramatic Series, i don't know the other shows in the same category but this is already my personal favorite 24 Season, replacing Season 2. there's more suspense when there's a conspiracy in the white house  ;)  i also liked the idea of having Patriots as the main Villains instead of terrorists.

i hope in Season 6 the show could offer more story besides terrorists attacking the US. just finished Episode 5, and at least in this season the terrorists have attacked the US already. but Jack's back guys, you're in trouble  ;D

and finally! the Bauer family is introduced. can't believe Jack's bro is some kind of dork  ;D  don't know who's his father yet, hoping for a Donald Sutherland appearance.

btw, please don't kill Chloe. she's the only loyal friend Jack has. and did anyone noticed that in Season 4, she had some feelings for Jack  ;D  but i guess those are just friendly feelings for now...

if Jack Bauer rescues Springfield...

and Chloe helps Jack...

24 Minutes

8)
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2007 at 01:56 PM by RNIverson »

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #333 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
Nag cameo talaga si bauer and chloe sa Simpsons? for real?

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:02 PM »

"24 Minutes" is the twenty-first episode of The Simpsons eighteenth season and aired on May 20, 2007 as part of the one hour season finale, alongside the episode "You Kent Always Say What You Want". It was originally promoted as being the 400th episode,[1] but aired as the 399th. It was written by Ian Maxtone-Graham. Guest stars include Kiefer Sutherland and Mary Lynn Rajskub as their characters from 24, Jack Bauer and Chloe O'Brian.

more from wikipedia...

;)

Offline Ashburndaride

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • We are Diamond Dogs
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #335 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:08 PM »
Nice Info thanks, clearly (almost) no celebrities will ever say "NO" to this family  :D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Jul 19, 2007 at 06:15 PM »
the episode is called 24 Minutes but the events took place between 2:34 and 3:04 PM  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Jul 30, 2007 at 09:32 AM »
finished season 6, and felt it was too long. maybe because the subplot was placed at the closing hours. i was hoping season 7 would be about audrey, while the others handle the national crisis.

btw, i think it was the first time they showed Jack in hand-to-hand combat against the main terrorist. nice  8)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 03:54 AM »
'24' Plans Premiere Date, Shocking Resurrection
Tony Almeida's back!

FOX has set the premiere date for the upcoming season of "24" and announced the return of a beloved character previously left for dead.

Following the trend established over the past two years, "24" will launch its seventh day with a two-night premiere event. The season will kick-off on Sunday, Jan. 13 with two hours starting at 8 p.m. before settling into its regular time period with a new episode at 9 p.m. the following night.

From there, "24" will stay on Mondays at 9 p.m. airing original episodes into June.

While the premiere date is bound to be exciting for "24" fans, that's nothing compared to the first official confirmation of the return of Tony Almeida. The CTU veteran, played by Carlos Bernard, was one of Jack Bauer's main allies over the show's first four seasons, but the character -- initially revered for his prodigious soul-patch -- was left unceremoniously dead at the hands of a terror suspect in Day 5.

"Tony's uncertain fate near the end of 'Day 5' left the door open for his return," says executive producer/show-runner Howard Gordon. "And since there was no silent clock at the conclusion of his last appearance –- the 24 tribute to a major character's demise – we always kept this as a possibility."

Although Tony's fate didn't appear so uncertain at the time, fans have kept alive the hope of the character's eventual return. Producers admitted that one possible ending for the show's much-maligned sixth season featured Tony showing up as a cliffhanger.

Instead, FOX just says that Tony's arrival will coincide with the beginning of Jack's seventh day, which will move the show's action from Los Angeles to Washington, D.C.

Other new additions to the "24" cast this season include Cherry Jones, Janeane Garofalo and Colm Feore, plus Annie Wersching, Jeffrey Nordling, John Billingsley and Rhys Coiro.

Although CTU has been disbanded as the season begins, the characters played by Mary Lynn Rajskub and James Morrison will be back.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #339 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 08:09 AM »
Left for dead? I though he was dead  ??? He was shot by the terrorist in the CTU med lab & verified by Jack wasn't it?  :-\

Anyway, I'm fond of Tony Almeida so it's a welcome news to see he will be back in action! Go Tony! ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2007 at 08:10 AM by pchin »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 09:27 AM »
im a fan of Tony myself, but bringing him back is like a desperate effort to undo their mistakes of killing an interesting character. writers should explain in detail how he faked his death  >:(  and i still cant think of any reason why he should

but im happy with CTU's removal. it was usually limiting them to LA attacks only

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 09:42 AM »
If only Tony's wife hadn't been blown up I'd love to see her come back too....Tony & Michelle...the lovely CTU couple.  :D
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2007 at 10:05 AM by pchin »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 10:00 AM »
"Tony's uncertain fate near the end of 'Day 5' left the door open for his return," says executive producer/show-runner Howard Gordon. "And since there was no silent clock at the conclusion of his last appearance –- the 24 tribute to a major character's demise – we always kept this as a possibility."

is this official anyway?  ;D

He was shot by the terrorist in the CTU med lab & verified by Jack wasn't it?  :-\

he was actually injected with some killer drugs, not shot :) (im assuming you mean gunshot  ;D)  maybe the same drugs used to fake Jack's death?  ;D

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
I'm getting tired of Jack Bauer's "just when I thought I was out, they pulled me back in" routine (quote from The Godfather III).

For once, I'd like to see some important aspects of the storyline move without Jack Bauer.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 12:35 PM »
For once, I'd like to see some important aspects of the storyline move without Jack Bauer.

i guess this is why Tony's back  ::)

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #345 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 02:59 AM »
If you are a true 24 fan you will notice that every death of a main protagonist character there is a silent clock. When Tony died there was no silent clock. So there's your answer.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 12:29 PM »
then i'd say Pres David Palmer and Michelle Dessler deserve the silent clock as well. they shouldn't even be dead yet  >:( :P

im assuming this is no longer a spoiler  ::)
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2007 at 01:12 PM by RNIverson »

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 01:13 PM »
If you are a true 24 fan you will notice that every death of a main protagonist character there is a silent clock. When Tony died there was no silent clock. So there's your answer.

Is this your own observation or it's revealed somewhere? Maybe it's just a coincident lang. Nevertheless, I like your theory.... ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 05:16 PM »
its just for dramatic effect. i hoped it was used for Palmer and Dessler as well, but can't because their deaths werent' even dramatic  ;D  Edgar's the best though

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #349 on: Sep 23, 2007 at 07:30 PM »

Is this your own observation or it's revealed somewhere? Maybe it's just a coincident lang. Nevertheless, I like your theory...

Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 03:49 PM »
i've been hearing news that Jack's going to jail because of DUI. hope it doesn't affect the show whatsoever  :-\

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Oct 14, 2007 at 09:05 AM »
LOS ANGELES - Kiefer Sutherland pleaded no contest Tuesday in his drunken driving case and will begin serving a 48-day jail sentence while his Fox TV drama "24" begins its winter production break in December.

Full article:
http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2007/09/20/4512626-cp.html

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Oct 24, 2007 at 11:38 AM »
Countdown to Season 7 Trailer

1 day, 13 hours, 20mins...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 12:10 AM »
just saw the season 7 trailer.. looks good.. tony is indeed back.. a lot of new faces.. chloe and bill are back, too.. and just when i thought i'm out, they drag me back in.. i hope they don't mess it up after a couple of episodes..

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 12:43 AM »
Is the trailer available in Youtube or somewhere already? Cause there's still 15+ mins left  :-\

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 12:46 AM »
i downloaded the one for those in the UK.. you can see it here too: http://videos.24fans.net/uk_trailer/

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Oct 26, 2007 at 01:00 AM »
Found it in Youtube. So they brought Tony back to life just to make him a villain? Or maybe there's a twist in the end? But I'm hoping he'll just be a bad*ss till the end. IMO Jack has more reasons to get revenge against the US Govt  :P

Was that Kurtwood 'Red Forman' Smith?!? Yeah man!

Chloe: CT...I mean FBI  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2007 at 01:14 AM by RNIverson »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 03:18 PM »
24 Yanked From FOX's Schedule
Strike causes Season 7 to be pulled from planned January debut.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #358 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 05:47 PM »
D@mnit! Just saw the trailer of season 7 and now they're not gonna air season 7?! Waaahhhh!!!

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #359 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 08:19 PM »
I'm eager to see Season 6. The DVD boxset will be released in Dec. :)