Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica  (Read 11451 times)

Offline X44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #90 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 12:15 AM »
I agree with you. The finale was definitely brilliant. I may not be that religious but I believe in Angels.

Caprica 6 and the other Baltar were angels but do you think Thrace was an angel or a ghost?

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: Apr 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM »
Caprica 6 and the other Baltar were angels but do you think Thrace was an angel or a ghost?

Thats the beauty of this series. Each fan can have his own interpretation of all the things that happened in the show. Others may not agree with ones interpretation but, what the heck, its just a show and I enjoyed it to the very end.

Now with the question, is Kara an angel or ghost? For me, I would like to think that she was neither. She was part of the plan of a higher Divine Being that somehow controls the destiny of everyone, cylon and human alike. Did she die in the crash? Was her DNA and memories extracted and transfered to another identical body in an identical ship capable of receiving beacon signals that other vipers cannot? We would never know but it could be the story arc of another mini series or BSG 2-hr special in the future. (or another set of webisodes)

Until then, I look forward to the release of the final boxed sets of BSG here in the Philippines.

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #92 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 09:05 AM »
I just found out that there is a spinoff series called Caprica. :o It's set years before the original series. Any thoughts on thos who have watched it already?
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #93 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 09:31 AM »
I just found out that there is a spinoff series called Caprica. :o It's set years before the original series. Any thoughts on thos who have watched it already?

Have you seen it already? I don't want to post spoilers. It's set 58 years before The Fall and tells the story of how the entire mess started.

It was first released as a straight-to-dvd last year to get buzz from people. Anyway, I thought it was a good setup. Not a fan of the opening scene, though. Too small scale for such an epic premise. But overall it was alright.

Offline Koolkat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
« Reply #94 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 09:43 AM »
No. I just stumbled upon it on Ign.com. Wow! It's been a year since it's released!!? I can't believe I never knew about this. Not much hype I guess.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #95 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
Koolkat, you can read some of the reviews from BSG fans here:Caprica It seems many love it.

Tho I own the complete BSG series, I haven't watched Caprica yet as I'm waiting for the complete first season. :)

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #96 on: Jan 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM »
There'll be a BSG: The Plan BD Steelbook... fyi for the fans  ;)

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1205
« Reply #97 on: Sep 18, 2019 at 08:41 AM »
Just finished the remake last year.   I'm not sure how I feel about this though. Maybe worth a look.  I wish they started with the First Cylon war first or maybe continued the Blood and Chrome series.

https://tvweb.com/battlestar-galactica-reboot-sam-esmail-peackcock-nbcuniversal-streaming/
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2019 at 08:47 AM by jjjeronimo »