Author Topic: player with DLNA/ LAN input  (Read 887 times)

Offline funky_fresh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
player with DLNA/ LAN input
« on: May 19, 2011 at 08:13 PM »
i'm not sure if there's a thread already regarding this.

but my main question is,

can a BD player with DLNA or LAN or WIFI function, can they play video streaming not coming from youtube? eg is sidereel or megaupload video? can they stream coming from ustream?

or what is the advantage of getting a WIFI function player?

Offline Tavus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: player with DLNA/ LAN input
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011 at 08:22 AM »
m not sure if there's a thread already regarding this.

but my main question is,

can a BD player with DLNA or LAN or WIFI function, can they play video streaming not coming from youtube? eg is sidereel or megaupload video? can they stream coming from ustream?

Depends entirely on what the dvd player specs says. Read the box, the product website or manual to see if it can do sidereel or megaupload.

or what is the advantage of getting a WIFI function player?

if you have a wireless network, You can stream your images, music and movies directly from different devices like your media pc, media players and other players.

Offline funky_fresh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011 at 04:01 PM »
ah.. i see.. so it will depend entirely with the player. my question,is there a player now that can support this?

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2011 at 08:03 PM »
ah.. i see.. so it will depend entirely with the player. my question,is there a player now that can support this?

As for me parang wala pa, only NMTs lang can do streaming & other sharing functions. The LAN connections for mostly branded BDP are for BD LIVE features on some BDs & for Firmware Updates.
But lately there are new BDPs on the market like OPPO 95 w/c has a ton of features & some china brands w/c even features  built-in harddrives, probable these have break the barrier like streaming & some features you're looking for ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...