Author Topic: CD Players surplus  (Read 396173 times)

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CD Players surplus
« Reply #1680 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 09:00 AM »
what's special about Denon DCD-1500, a mid-level model, to be quoted five figures? it was sold in Japan back in early '80s at less than 90,000 yen, way below prices of most Sony ES models. i think you guys should educate those traders at the Pier, otherwise newbies would be duped. that model is sold at P500 here in Davao and if you're lucky, you can get it at P250 from the warehouse as-is. from the traders's shop, it would be sold good condition at P1K, if available.

the good vintage Denon models are those belonging to DCD-1800 and DCD-3500 series. these were sold from 150,000 to 400,000 yen. here's the Denon hifi museum link that could serve as guide on which gear to look for: http://denon.jp/museum/index.html. hope this helps.
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1681 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 09:19 AM »
Buti na lang talaga me PinoyDVD no? :) And especially to Mr. Sandawa for the info. Thank you, sir.

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1682 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 11:51 AM »
what's special about Denon DCD-1500, a mid-level model, to be quoted five figures? it was sold in Japan back in early '80s at less than 90,000 yen, way below prices of most Sony ES models. i think you guys should educate those traders at the Pier, otherwise newbies would be duped. that model is sold at P500 here in Davao and if you're lucky, you can get it at P250 from the warehouse as-is. from the traders's shop, it would be sold good condition at P1K, if available.

the good vintage Denon models are those belonging to DCD-1800 and DCD-3500 series. these were sold from 150,000 to 400,000 yen. here's the Denon hifi museum link that could serve as guide on which gear to look for: http://denon.jp/museum/index.html. hope this helps.
actually i told them that it's way, way too expensive for a surplus CDP.  I think they thought that because its gold color can demand for a higher price.  Fortunately, I was able to get another Sony ES CDP  ;D ::), 333ESA cosmetically mint and ambilis magbasa ng discs, with optical, coaxial digital out plus fixed and variable analog out.  Works well with the remote from my other Sony CDP.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2005 at 09:19 PM by dennispm »
Know Thyself!

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1683 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:01 PM »
tama yan sir, Sony 333ES is okay (which has the same price as as Denon DCD-1500): http://cdp101.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cdp333esd/cdp333esd.html. true, the champagne-colored panel of Denon is attractive for many, but definitely not worth over P5K even at mint surplus condition.
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2005 at 07:28 AM by sandawa »

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1684 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:07 PM »
tama yan sir, Sony 333ES is okay (which has the same price as as Denon DCD-1500): http://cdp101.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cdp333esd/cdp333esd.html. true, the champagne-colored panel is attractive for many, but definitely not worth over P5K even at mint surplus condition.

actually sir ito yun... http://cdp101.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cdp333esa/cdp333esa.html

I already have the 333ESD but haven't compared them side by side...
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:29 PM by dennispm »
Know Thyself!

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1685 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 12:16 PM »
'yan ang updated version ng 333ES. mas maganda!

Offline wanderlust

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1686 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 01:44 PM »
maganda yan sir....

congrats! sa pier mo ba nakuha yan? my new arrivals pala. how much were you able to get it?

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1687 on: Jul 19, 2005 at 03:47 PM »
got it for 2.3k sir.  sabi nung isang store meron daw bagong Victor K2 na CDP kaso i wasn't able to look at it. im hoping na may dumating na higher models pa ng Sony ES, e.g. XA5ES and above...

thanks
Know Thyself!

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1688 on: Jul 23, 2005 at 05:33 AM »
how do i get to this pier area ba? i've been to the bir office,port area. are the stores selling these surplus cdps near that area? thanks.

Offline Lord Foo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1689 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 06:51 PM »
 ;D Thanks to this thread, I was able to zero in on a great CD Player for my brod at the pier. He's extremely satisfied with his new Sony 333ESD.

Offline eposman

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1690 on: Jul 26, 2005 at 08:49 PM »
Lordfoo, i,m glad you and your brod liked the Sony 333ESD. I started out with a Sony 337ESD and was satisfied with the sound, aside from the fact that it's built like a tank and contains high-quality components, e.g, nichicon capacitors. I haven't looked back since. I would get all the ES series CD players i would come across. Since then, i've acquired a CDP-228ESD, a 512ES, and, like you, a 333ESD. Great value and great sound from such inexpensive players. Enjoy!

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1691 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 09:36 PM »
Had a chance to own 502ES for few days, for the sound it can match new production CDP or even surpass them sayang lang that i need to bring it back to the shop kasi nagloloko yun auto timer and di na narepair so got another brand. :)

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1692 on: Aug 02, 2005 at 10:51 PM »
OT
sir sandawa,
 i will be in davao city this friday 'til sunday for a client training, I was thinking if can you recommend some places of interest in the area?

thank you very much!
Know Thyself!

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1693 on: Aug 03, 2005 at 03:04 PM »
dennispm, sent you PM

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1694 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 07:43 AM »
With my brother drooling over his Sony 333ESD, I just had to get my hands on one of those Sony ES CDPs. Yesterday, I finally got one - a 337ESD model(along with a Victor SX3 bookshelf).

Yip yip hooray!!!! ;D
It has digital outs and fixed / variable line outs.
Eight times over sampling.

The construction is really solid. I pushed the aluminum die cast tray open...it didn't budge when i tried to move it Unlike other CDPs i have whose tray's move when you try to move it with your fingers... I pressed the close button and the tray slid in fast and smoothly... pressed the selection pad and music immediately poured out...fast read action! and best of all, clean reproduction of high, mid and low frequencies even when I used a low cost CD i burned through my home PC.

http://cdp101.hp.infoseek.co.jp/cdp337esd/cdp337esd.html

« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2005 at 07:46 AM by Lordfoo »

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1695 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 09:00 AM »
the older Sony ES models appear to be more reliable compared with the newer (early '90s) X... ES series. all my three X... ES models have problems now (take note JojoD, kaya hindi ko ma-ship sa 'yo yung kinukuha mo these past months). sayang, ang pogi pa naman ng mga X... ES - almost same front panel and features as upscale models sold now as brand new.

however, 337ES is still working great. the 338ES, with wood side panels, even better looking and with updated features, also has not failed me yet. true, maganda talaga ang 337ES, but the 555ESD or the 557ESD are much more heavier and also as reliable. if you can find these at the pier, they're worth your hard-earned cash..

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1696 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 12:21 PM »
Sir Sandawa... what's your take on the 502es? Is that one of the older ES models you are referring to?

Somehow,  I have a liking for wood panels...sayang wal ung 337Esd na wood panels. They'd go well with the 333es and 555es amps which has wood panels also. I asked around sa pier...sobra daw bihira ung 555 and 777 Es and pag nagkaroon, bilis daw ma kuha ng patrons.

regards,
Foo

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1697 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 12:49 PM »
502ES is okay, reliable too, manipis at mabigat. check with JojoD - dalawang 502ES ang dinala ko sa kanya early this year. i don't know what happened, but i remember he told me he would upgrade one (improve the components and connections further) and sell it to anyone interested. i think Hans also knows about this, he's also quite familiar with 502ES.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #1698 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 05:05 PM »
sent you a PM, sir sandawa...thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1699 on: Aug 19, 2005 at 07:10 PM »
sent you a PM, sir sandawa...thanks!

sorry, just had completed the usual 24-hr urgent trip to Manila and i'm back here in Davao. i looked for the X222es CDP you inquired yesterday but it's not on the Sony list of notable CDP ES models. you may have erred on the model number - it could be X777es, which i think is among the last high-end units (was TOTL in 1990) made by Sony before it introduced SACD players. 

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #1700 on: Aug 19, 2005 at 10:09 PM »
sandawa,

last month the 502ES started acting weird, even damaging some ofmy cd backups bacause the tray doesn't fully seat down upon closing causing the cd to touch the bottom of the tray. it even skips and does other weird thing.

well last week (after delivering most of my work load), I had the chance (and the time) to do some major work in my 502ES. Alas, it's working like a new cdp, clean, upgraded and most of all, sounds fantastic! no more damage disc, no more skipping, just pure music. I probably won't trade this one anymore.

anyway, if you do find another model in good condition, I'd like to have one more just to satisfy my itchy fingers.

Thanks!

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1701 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 01:52 PM »
i've been to the marketplace... there's a good looking Sony 555ESJ gold color but with a higher tag price of 7K!  :o
Sansui 707XR was also sighted in the same store.

check it out na lang...

just sharing...
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2005 at 01:55 PM by dennispm »
Know Thyself!

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1702 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 02:02 PM »
i've been to the marketplace... there's a good looking Sony 555ESJ gold color but with a higher tag price of 7K!  :o
Sansui 707XR was also sighted in the same store.

check it out na lang...

just sharing...

7K grabe yan bro..

Offline m0b1u5

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1703 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 02:09 PM »
oo nga sir.  that same store was the one selling the Gold color denon dcd-1500 for 12K or 13K yata  :o.

Know Thyself!

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1704 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 02:17 PM »
oo nga sir.  that same store was the one selling the Gold color denon dcd-1500 for 12K or 13K yata  :o.

Sir sino yan si Chatty?? sobra sya magprice parang bago hehehhe

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1705 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 02:49 PM »
maybe someone needs to remind those folks at the marketplace that they are selling "surplus" stuff and not pre-owned.  ;D grabe mahal nyan, buti pa bumili na lang ng dvd player.  >:(

Offline mafimushkila

• Apprentice
  • please to meet u, hope u get my name - cmpt4ddvl
  • Liked:
« Reply #1706 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 06:24 PM »
sir just my 1centimo....demand...just like amps speakers, cguro na-amoy nila na padami ng padami naghahanap surplus audio gears. dat wat theyr selling r valued/totl items pala dati dat theyr sitting on some "goldmine" kasi dumadami hunters etc.. natural tataasan presyo? 

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1707 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 07:17 PM »
as i've posted before, huwag niyong patulan yung Denon 1500 - mumurahin yung model na 'yun. ang mamahalin yung 1800 and 3500 series. the gold-colored Sony 555 is also expensive for P7K, puwede siguro at P3K if working A-okay. if it has an X before the model number, sirain 'yan compared with the original 555esD. i have those gold X.. ES series lahat nagluluko after a year of use. BTW, i bought those units at P800 each. ngayon, if i can find one - P500 each na lang ang presyo, even for gold units, dito sa Davao.

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1708 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 08:00 PM »
I was at the pier this afternoon. 

Nope.... the 555esj was not being sold by Chatty. I saw it at one of the stores at the end of the row of surplus audio stores. I was also flabbergasted when the store keeper told me someone already paid a down payment of 3000 and have agreed to a 7000 deal. What the hey!!! The 555ESJ is a gold tintied unit though. Center loading and a very heavy unit.

Chatty was selling a yamaha NS500m speaker and somebody also paid a downpayment of 3000 and they were asking for 13,000.....13k? What the hey!!! i checked out the unit, its definitely much lighter and less solidly built than my NS1000m. I couldnt lift the NS1000m by myself.

I didnt bring home any surplus unit this time. Well  a few weeks ago i brought home a Sony 502ES, my 2nd Sony unit at a fraction of the amount they were selling the 555esj.

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1709 on: Aug 29, 2005 at 12:06 AM »
Lordfoo,

ganda yan 502ES, excellent sonics for an affordable price.  ;)

sir just my 1centimo....demand...just like amps speakers, cguro na-amoy nila na padami ng padami naghahanap surplus audio gears. dat wat theyr selling r valued/totl items pala dati dat theyr sitting on some "goldmine" kasi dumadami hunters etc.. natural tataasan presyo? 

i agree, pero pag ganyan naman sila sigurado mawawala ang "demand" kasi kaunti na lang brand new unit na ang hinihingi nilang price. pero wag tayong mawalan ng pagasa, baka bumaba ulit.  ;D