Author Topic: help on Sony DAV-DZ200 HTS "unplug protect" error  (Read 2211 times)

Offline tazmania

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
help on Sony DAV-DZ200 HTS "unplug protect" error
« on: May 27, 2011 at 03:46 PM »
Hi guys.... Anyone who have encountered this kind of error on your Sony home theater unit? I googled it and it says it is an IC related issue.
Any recommended service center that caters Sony besides Solid (Sony) centers?
TIA

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
Re: help on Sony DAV-DZ200 HTS "unplug protect" error
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011 at 04:27 PM »
i got the same error message a couple of years ago w/ my DZ210(?)...brought it to a Sony Center in Pasong Tamo ext....was being charged an amount almost as high as a new unit (6,000 i think)...decided na lang to salvage the speakers (gave it to my bro actually) and bought a new HTIB instead

Offline tazmania

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011 at 02:18 AM »
thanks for the reply... it is basically the same reason why i dont like to bring the unit back to their shop.  Had a lens replacement with them (Sony - Q. Ave) that cost me an arm and a leg. 

Btw, what unit did you buy then?  How much did it cost you?

Any recommended unit so that i can still use the existing 5.1 speakers? 

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011 at 01:19 PM »
Was planning to buy a unit so that I can re-use the speakers of the Sony. Found out that that most stand alone players support a different type of plug/s for the speakers. Eventually decided to buy a whole HTIB instead. Fortunately, a PDVD member was selling an almost new Samsung HT-Z220. This one worked better for me,  because besides being an inexpensive acquisition (I can't really remember how much), but because of its optical in capabilities. Sulit for a 5.1 experience for my WDTV(gen 1) and PS3.