Author Topic: 50k-70K home theater set up?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline jericodc7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
50k-70K home theater set up?
« on: May 30, 2011 at 08:09 AM »
mga sir and maam...dati na po ko interested to get a home theater set up but ngaun lng po ngkabudget...bka pwede nyo po ko tulungan kung anong ok...hindi din po kasi ako ganung ka familiar...thank you po..

jerico

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: 50k-70K home theater set up?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
A few questions, if you don't mind:

• What specifically will you use it for (cable tv, gaming, movies)?
  • Are you willing to settle for a home theatre in a box or do you want an AV Receiver?
  • What panel size tv are you looking for?
  • What other home theater equipment do you already have?
  • What's the size of the room where you'll put this all in?
  • Do you want just 1 setup or do you want more?

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011 at 10:17 AM »
mga sir and maam...dati na po ko interested to get a home theater set up but ngaun lng po ngkabudget...bka pwede nyo po ko tulungan kung anong ok...hindi din po kasi ako ganung ka familiar...thank you po..

jerico

come by the shop and check out the different speaker packages we have available. i'm sure we'll be able to find one that fits your needs and budget. :)

MLY ENTERPRISES. UNIT 303 AMAREMCA BLDG, 107A KALAYAAN AVENUE, DILIMAN, QUEZON CITY.

we're open monday to sunday, 10am to 7pm :)

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011 at 10:46 AM »
THE main essential to a home theater is the giant screen TV or if you're truly enthused, a front projection. Next would be the player/sources - a superior upscaling DVD player and a Blu Ray player (any brand would do because BD picture performance is more or less the same, across the board). Then comes the sound processor or AVR (audio-video receiver), then the speaker. Front projection is the way to go for an authentic home cinema, once you experience the giant screen magic, you'd begin to view even a 65-inch LCD or plasma TV as puny in comparison.

Offline jericodc7

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011 at 06:09 PM »
A few questions, if you don't mind:

• What specifically will you use it for (cable tv, gaming, movies)?
for gaming and movies
  • Are you willing to settle for a home theatre in a box or do you want an AV Receiver?
I want with av receiver
  • What panel size tv are you looking for?
I already have a new 50 inch plasma tv
  • What other home theater equipment do you already have?
tv LNG po
  • What's the size of the room where you'll put this all in?
4x4 po sa 16sqm
  • Do you want just 1 setup or do you want more?
1 setup LNG po
[/list].  Thanks thanks

Offline jericodc7

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011 at 06:57 PM »
come by the shop and check out the different speaker packages we have available. i'm sure we'll be able to find one that fits your needs and budget. :)

MLY ENTERPRISES. UNIT 303 AMAREMCA BLDG, 107A KALAYAAN AVENUE, DILIMAN, QUEZON CITY.

we're open monday to sunday, 10am to 7pm :)

pmd you sir..

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011 at 05:08 AM »
With the size of your room, I suggest you get the Logitech Z-5500, a networked media tank (with at least a 2TB hard drive) and a PS3.  This would be the most economical and "sulit" setup for your room size and budget.

If you're looking for an AVR still, look in the for sale section and get an Onkyo-606 (14k) then choose between a wide range of available speakers for sale to complete your 5.1 setup.

The Wharfedale Diamond 9 series seems to be a favorite among pdvd aficionados.  You can get a US Audio 508 subwoofer to start.  Tataas nga lang considerably yung cost.

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011 at 09:32 AM »
I got my 5-speaker Wharfedale setup a couple of years back for around P32t all in. Add a 2nd-hand HK AVR for P12t. That's still under the OP's budget-so there's room for 32" LCD TV (if he doesn't have one yet) and maybe a PS3 or NMT if he can stretch it.

Though, I agree if I was really skimping then I'd probably go with a the Logitech's or any other HTIB with optical inputs, to start with. Never mind when they say, "But there's no upgrade path." If you're the type who likes to upgrade their electronics every couple of years, then you probably wouldn't be skimping in the first place. Otherwise, my HT setup has served me well for around 5 years na.

In fact, it's about time to upgrade-maybe if I won the 6/55 Lotto? :)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #8 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 10:58 AM »
if its purely for ht use, i woudl suggest you invest most of the budget on screen size.
the remaining budget is easy to allocate for the audio part since there are a lot of cheap options already, mostly local and china brands.

these cheap brands sounds pretty decent already.  you may opt to upgrade them slowly once you have recovered on budget already.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2011 at 03:23 PM »
AV receiver: IMO, better get a unit with DTS-HD/TrueHD capability. Mga 25k - 30k+ depende sa brand and model. You may want to check out Onkyo 608/609.

Bluray player/Media Player(with hard disk) - Approx. 8k - 12k

Speaker wires and HDMI Cables: Siguro kaya na sa 1.5k

Speakers: Approx. may matitirang P26.5k. Eto ngayon ang mahirap na desisyon. Either you buy a set of entry level speakers (Look into Aaudio Ezra, Infinity, Polk Audio TSI and Wharfedale) now or just buy first a pair of higher model front speakers (Look into Aaudio Titus, B&W, JBL, Klipsch, Monitor Audio, Paradigm, Polk Audio RTI, PSB, Tannoy..etc).

Subwoofer: To follow na unless you decide to stretch your budget. For lower priced models, maganda yung Mirage. Kung medyo madagdagan ang budget, have a look at the SVS subs.

Acoustic Treatments: You'd be surprised how important these are as they have an immense impact on how your speakers will sound. Lalo na that your room is a cube (4x4 meters).

For me, kung patient ka naman and you want better sound, I'll go with the front speakers first route and from there dahan dahan mong bubuuin yung system. Tsaka may time ka rin mag-abang abang dito sa pdvd marketplace ng mga pre-owned items. ;D

Regarding the speaker brands I suggested, audition mo na lang kasi iba iba ang pandinig natin. :)