Author Topic: AC RYAN PLAYON HD 2  (Read 6296 times)

Offline yakisoba

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Let The Games Begin!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AC RYAN PLAYON HD 2
« on: Jun 01, 2011 at 08:03 PM »
Just got back from a trip to singapore and got to buy the AC Ryan Playon HD 2 anyone have it or tried it?

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Re: AC RYAN PLAYON HD 2
« Reply #1 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 09:30 PM »
Just got back from a trip to singapore and got to buy the AC Ryan Playon HD 2 anyone have it or tried it?

The new AC Ryan Play On HD2 will be available in Manila next week.

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 09:35 PM »
How do they differ?
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 10:13 PM »

The AC Ryan Play On HD1 is USB 2.0; 10/100 LAN and you need to screew and unscreew the bottom to install an internal hard drive. The AC Ryan Play On HD2 is USB 3.0; gigabyte LAN, has to tray that slides out to install internal hard drive and uses a newer faster realtek chipset.

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 10:26 PM »
Is the price set yet? 

USB 3.0 and the Gigabit port are great, though not essential, features. 

Does it do passthru?
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: Jun 01, 2011 at 10:34 PM »
Is the price set yet? 

USB 3.0 and the Gigabit port are great, though not essential, features. 

Does it do passthru?

USB 3.0 will be usefull if copying and transfering files via NMT, Gigabit port if you have Gig Switch...

Im interested if
1. Play Full BD Menus
2. Passthru all formats including DD HD / DTS MA
3. Pass DD Core and DTS Core for those receivers without DTS MA and DD HD
4. Maximum Storage you can connect, 3TB na sana
Walang Setup

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #6 on: Jun 02, 2011 at 01:34 AM »
Can it read BD iso's with menu navigation?

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #7 on: Jun 02, 2011 at 04:15 AM »
May I be clarified if its a USB 3.0 host or slave port as there seems some confusion on USB 3.0 for NMTs in general.

AFAIK, USB 3.0 in NMTs are most, if not all, USB 3.0 0slave ports -- meaning you will need a host (PC or laptop) with USB 3.0 to see an NMT's primary internal drive (kindly not ALL drives that are attached, but that would have been cool!)

toy

Offline suavegabe

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 02, 2011 at 01:22 PM »
it's a USB 3.0 slave port.

got one these for my in laws a couple of months ago. so far, no complaints from them, though to be fair, they're not really "techie" and as long as the movie plays, they're happy with it. ;)

regarding pass-thru of HD audio, cannot confirm this one since receiver is not capable of HD Audio and is only connected via optical out. A problem i did encounter when testing it for a couple of days is that DTSHD-MA audio is downmixed to 2-channel stereo when connected via optical out. this is a bit weird since my original POHD can pass the DTS 5.1 core of DTSHD-MA via optical out. I even posted this on the AC Ryan forums but unfortunately, the moderator there was too dumb and hard headed to understand what the problem was. he didn't even know and refuses to accept the fact that DTSHD-MA carries the core DTS 5.1.  :-\

about DD TrueHD, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that it carries DD 5.1 core, unlike DTSHD-MA. so if you're receiver doesn't support DDTrueHD and you're movie file only contains TrueHD for audio, then you're out of luck.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2011 at 02:48 PM »
about DD TrueHD, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that it carries DD 5.1 core, unlike DTSHD-MA. so if you're receiver doesn't support DDTrueHD and you're movie file only contains TrueHD for audio, then you're out of luck.

TrueHD tracks contain an interleaved AC3 (Core).

The problem is that when you take these tracks and rip them into a MKV container, you will lose the AC3 core.

So if you want to preserve the AC3 core audio from TrueHD audio tracks in movies, keep them in M2TS, BDMV/BD ISO.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 02, 2011 at 04:27 PM »
All AC Ryan Media players play BD ISO.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #11 on: Jun 02, 2011 at 08:07 PM »
it's a USB 3.0 slave port.

got one these for my in laws a couple of months ago. so far, no complaints from them, though to be fair, they're not really "techie" and as long as the movie plays, they're happy with it. ;)

regarding pass-thru of HD audio, cannot confirm this one since receiver is not capable of HD Audio and is only connected via optical out. A problem i did encounter when testing it for a couple of days is that DTSHD-MA audio is downmixed to 2-channel stereo when connected via optical out. this is a bit weird since my original POHD can pass the DTS 5.1 core of DTSHD-MA via optical out. I even posted this on the AC Ryan forums but unfortunately, the moderator there was too dumb and hard headed to understand what the problem was. he didn't even know and refuses to accept the fact that DTSHD-MA carries the core DTS 5.1.  :-\

Some NMT will just pass 2 channel to a non DTS MA /DD HD receiver when playing BD rip disc encoded with the said tracks and some NMT's will pass both DD core and DTS Core no matter what type of digital connection it has(HDMI/SPDIF). This is base on my experience with my NMT's
Walang Setup

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #12 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 11:36 PM »
All AC Ryan Media players play BD ISO.

Can these play the in-disc menus too?
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2011 at 11:36 PM by Verbl Kint »

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2011 at 09:44 PM »

The first batch of AC Ryan Play On HD2 will be arriving in 2 to 3 days, I will check if it can play in disc menus and get back to you.

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2011 at 04:32 AM »

No it won't it's a Realtek chip. Only Sigma based players will currently do that.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2011 at 06:10 AM »
Sigma can play full menu.If you are in the market for a BD full menu, stick to Sigma 8643 chip-- PCH C200, Egreat S800/S100 

To spare yourself from the fuzz, when you see BD.ISO simple menu, inspect the NMT carefullly for support and have it shown to you.

Some NMT promise simple menu(i.e. scene selection), recently I got a 1185 based chip unit(600B) with BDJ profile 1.0, hoping to see how the BD simple menu support is.  Even Egreat R200/R200 pro promises that but i have yet to see content that actually triggers BD simple menu.  RTK1185 is no different.

I found out the hard way when I prepped a Himedia 600B for my mom, the lit says it supports BDJ profile 1.0, so iwas really excited. unless i missout a setting, it did not show any menu in all 39 of my BD25/BD50 rips (40GB/title) that normally show in both my PCH C200 and my Egreat S800/S100

Worse, it autoplays a track it finds. In the case of the black hawk down rip(BD25 rip w/ menu),it plays the commentary track, not the movie track. I had to stop it , go to file manager, guess among the *.ts files is the movie track. Try giving that instruction to my mom I'd likely end up going there to show her :)

Anyway just something to watch out for when auditioning units if BD full navigation menu is important to you.

toy

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 07, 2011 at 07:17 AM »
Sigma can play full menu.If you are in the market for a BD full menu, stick to Sigma 8643 chip-- PCH C200, Egreat S800/S100 

To spare yourself from the fuzz, when you see BD.ISO simple menu, inspect the NMT carefullly for support and have it shown to you.

Some NMT promise simple menu(i.e. scene selection), recently I got a 1185 based chip unit(600B) with BDJ profile 1.0, hoping to see how the BD simple menu support is.  Even Egreat R200/R200 pro promises that but i have yet to see content that actually triggers BD simple menu.  RTK1185 is no different.

I found out the hard way when I prepped a Himedia 600B for my mom, the lit says it supports BDJ profile 1.0, so iwas really excited. unless i missout a setting, it did not show any menu in all 39 of my BD25/BD50 rips (40GB/title) that normally show in both my PCH C200 and my Egreat S800/S100

Worse, it autoplays a track it finds. In the case of the black hawk down rip(BD25 rip w/ menu),it plays the commentary track, not the movie track. I had to stop it , go to file manager, guess among the *.ts files is the movie track. Try giving that instruction to my mom I'd likely end up going there to show her :)

Anyway just something to watch out for when auditioning units if BD full navigation menu is important to you.
Thanks bro. Very informative.
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 05:02 PM »
The retail price of the AC Ryan Play On HD2 is P9,900. it will be available in most reputable AV stores by the end of next week.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 14, 2011 at 12:04 PM »
Check out pictures of the new AC Ryan Play On HD 2:

You can hook up to the internet using the opitional USB wireless dongle or a LAN cable.

Offline vinlovski

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 24, 2011 at 02:56 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering when will this gadget be available in the Philippines?I went to Singapore last week but i wasn't able to buy one..nanghihinayang tuloy ako..now i really want this so bad..hahaha!! Need your help guys..Thanks!

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 24, 2011 at 03:01 PM »
AC Ryan media players are available in the following stores:

- Sight & Sounds - 6341789
- Ehome - 7445923
- Architectural Audio - 6215165