Author Topic: bd problem on ps3  (Read 6446 times)

Offline looks

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
bd problem on ps3
« on: Jun 13, 2011 at 07:52 AM »
hi everyone,

nagplay ako ng gulliver's travel na bd sa ps3, paputol putol ang audio... anyone experienced this? sa ibang titles naman like batman returns, tangled ok naman siya.. ano kaya nangyayari bakit nagkakaganun sa bd na to?

may solution ba?

thanks!!!!  :)

Offline vp_ortiz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
Re: bd problem on ps3
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2011 at 09:44 AM »
Baka yung BD yung may problem? Have you tried playing it on other players?

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2011 at 09:49 AM »
thanks for the reply. no prob on the bd sir. nagpplay siya flawlessly sa samsung bd player ng parents ko.. i've also googled it but haven't found any solutions..

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 15, 2011 at 07:08 AM »
Maybe your unit needs a firmware upgrade.

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 15, 2011 at 10:43 AM »
firmware is updated naman... so far no solutions pa rin.. hay..

Offline coastal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 08:37 AM »
Seems that your only solution is not to watch that particular bd in your PS3. I have a Crank/Crank2 set that I can only watch in my Toshiba BD player. Sa PS3, Sony and LG units ko naghahang yung parehong disc. So that's that! Wala na ko choice.

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 08:54 AM »
hmm... i see. i need to buy a dedicated bd player papala if ever. that sucks... gastos nanaman. ;D

many thanks!!!!!  :)

Offline coastal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 09:29 AM »
Apparently not all bd players are created equal! Pero don't buy one for the sake of the disc. I still have a Simpsons Movie that I haven't watch kasi Region B but I'm not going to buy a Region B player para lang dun. He he he. Sobrang luho na yon.

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 09:58 AM »
firmware is updated naman... so far no solutions pa rin.. hay..

Uh oh! This is what I was afraid of. I updated my PS3 to the latest firmware, 3.65 although I haven't tested it on bluray (since wala pa ako bluray movie disc, hehehe).... maybe this is the reason why you are experiencing stutter in your ps3 BD...

Gamers report problems on PS3 Firmware update 3.65

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/06/09/gamers-report-problems-on-ps3-firmware-update-3-65/

A few days ago, we informed you that sony had issued an low-key firmware update for the PS3, which was an optional download for gamers. However, a few days on and we have received numerous complaints that the PS3 update 3.65 is causing some freezing problems on certain software titles.

Let us point out straight away, that this only appears to be affecting a select number of PS3 owners, and definitely does not seem to be widespread at the moment. We’ve also had feedback from users stating that their PS3 system is fine after the 3.65 update, but just so you’re aware, here are a few problems that we’re hearing.

Specific titles that have been mentioned are Resistance 1&2, FIFA 11, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and also various Blu-Ray movies. We’ve been warned about slow downs whilst navigating through the XMB, while some gamers are also experiencing ’5 second freezes’ during play, some of which require a hard reset of the PS3.

Obviously the situation is still developing, but if PS3 update 3.65 is indeed causing slow down problems and game freezes then it’s our duty to let you know about it. If you have installed the optional firmware update, let us know how your PS3 is handling at the moment.

May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 10:18 AM »
Apparently not all bd players are created equal! Pero don't buy one for the sake of the disc. I still have a Simpsons Movie that I haven't watch kasi Region B but I'm not going to buy a Region B player para lang dun. He he he. Sobrang luho na yon.

tama ka. :) hehe.  luho na nga.. pinagtiyagaan ko nlng nga. enabled the subtitles para maintindihan ko lang. but did not enjoy watching it.

Uh oh! This is what I was afraid of. I updated my PS3 to the latest firmware, 3.65 although I haven't tested it on bluray (since wala pa ako bluray movie disc, hehehe).... maybe this is the reason why you are experiencing stutter in your ps3 BD...

Gamers report problems on PS3 Firmware update 3.65

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/06/09/gamers-report-problems-on-ps3-firmware-update-3-65/

A few days ago, we informed you that sony had issued an low-key firmware update for the PS3, which was an optional download for gamers. However, a few days on and we have received numerous complaints that the PS3 update 3.65 is causing some freezing problems on certain software titles.

Let us point out straight away, that this only appears to be affecting a select number of PS3 owners, and definitely does not seem to be widespread at the moment. We’ve also had feedback from users stating that their PS3 system is fine after the 3.65 update, but just so you’re aware, here are a few problems that we’re hearing.

Specific titles that have been mentioned are Resistance 1&2, FIFA 11, Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and also various Blu-Ray movies. We’ve been warned about slow downs whilst navigating through the XMB, while some gamers are also experiencing ’5 second freezes’ during play, some of which require a hard reset of the PS3.

Obviously the situation is still developing, but if PS3 update 3.65 is indeed causing slow down problems and game freezes then it’s our duty to let you know about it. If you have installed the optional firmware update, let us know how your PS3 is handling at the moment.

thanks for the info. antay nalang ako for another updates. baka sakaling mawala yung prob na ito.

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 11:34 AM »
i've also experienced a glitch with the FW 3.65. when booting up NBA 2k11, it shuts down and leaves the ps3's red light blinking. after switching it on, everything's back to normal.

this usually happens when i turn on the ps3 for the first time of the day.

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM »
i've also experienced a glitch with the FW 3.65. when booting up NBA 2k11, it shuts down and leaves the ps3's red light blinking. after switching it on, everything's back to normal.

this usually happens when i turn on the ps3 for the first time of the day.

Hi Rockstar.... what about sa Bluray movies? Have you experienced any problems after updating to 3.65fw? Ako naman sa gaming, so far, wala pa naman problema sa freezing or anything (I am not wishing na magkaroon ng problem, hehehe..).

Offline rock_star

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM »
no issues with bd movies.

it's usually an isolated case. NBA 2k11 has been the only game that shuts down.

Offline looks

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 16, 2011 at 07:42 PM »
Hmm.. I guess iba ibang prob sa bawat console. No prob naman sa akin ang nba2k11. At isang title lang sa bd.

Offline rock_star

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 17, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
btw, i still have a ps3 fat version. i've read reports that usually old units are the ones affected by this glitch.

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jun 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM »
Whew... I have the slim. That means I'm safe (hopefully)... but then I wouldnt know sa BD viewing.... wala ako BD. Hehe.  :D

Offline onepaks

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
bd problem on ps3
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2015 at 01:07 PM »
Problem:
Several of my Blu-ray all of a sudden are not working on my ps3. Updated naman yung firmware of my ps3. Ok naman Siya when I first bought the Blu-ray disc few months ago. But now I want to watch it again ayaw na. I tried yung ibang disc ok naman. Ps3 reads it but when I press play, it show the usual warning sign this Blu-ray disc blah blah then pitch black na yung screen. I can see the ps3 reads it so I thought mabagal lang pero wala parin. Yung iba load agad. Any one can help with the problem?

Note: I upgrade my TV to a 4k TV.  But I don't think that's the problem. I thought sira yung disc but I doubt it kasi 2 or 3 of the disc I played same problem. Yung iba ok naman. Help please.
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2015 at 01:08 PM by onepaks »