Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205489 times)

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2012
« Reply #960 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 06:12 PM »
Easy for others to discount Ateneo out since they would lose a lot of firepower with the departure of Nico Salva, Greg Slaughter, Oping Sumalinog, Justin Chua, and Tonino Gonzaga. More importantly, the loss of Mr. 100% Coach Norman Black and MVP is a big blow to the team and the other sports program of Ateneo.

But we'll see. Hopefully the team can hold its own just like in 2010 when it was touted to be FEU's year and Ateneo was the underdog. ANIMo! Seek the sixth.
curiouser and curiouser. An Atenean who chants Animo. I've only heard that from Ateneo Law friends who were San Beda undergrads or vice versa. hahaha

Normally, it's just One Big Fight! haha

It's more pun in PinoyDVD! ;D

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #961 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 06:31 PM »
curiouser and curiouser. An Atenean who chants Animo. I've only heard that from Ateneo Law friends who were San Beda undergrads or vice versa. hahaha

Normally, it's just One Big Fight! haha

It's more pun in PinoyDVD! ;D

nice catch. didn't notice that! haha

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #962 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 07:03 PM »
Ateneo lang ang walang black player sa starting lineup next season...without slaughter and chua in the middle, malabo talaga. Lahat ng high potential players ng ateneo maliliit (newsome, murphy, etc)

Sa uaap parating may magaling na big man ang nag chachampion eh...hirap sa ateneo next season ang nipis ng front court. Kung wala silang tinatagong big man, ang starting front court next year baka erram and porter. Di ko nga sure kung si erram maglalaro next year. Para sa akin malaking achievement na ang maka final four ang ateneo next year (mvp na dapat si kiefer talaga kapag nangyari yun)

Ateneo did it in 2010. They only had Chua, Golla and Escueta as their frontline. They were a fast break team. Scoring in transition and scored off defensive rebounds. As long as kiefer, and ryan are there with serviceable big men able to box out, do screens, rebound then a final four appearance is not far-fetched. I believe. ANIMo.

Offline ArtMusic

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Apprentice
  • Be still & know that He is God
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #963 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 07:20 PM »
haha

natawa ako sa literally massacred comment mo bro. naimagine ko kasi na may massacre na literal nangyari. bloody floor, dead bodies, etc, etc. :))

Literally massacred yung score....  Friday Bloody Friday!!!

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #964 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 07:41 PM »
Si ryan buenafe ba hindi pa gagraduate? Ao ba course niya? Law? Parang ang tagal na niya!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #965 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 08:23 PM »
Afaik, you can play up to 5 years, batchmate nya si jason webb, kaya lng he was suspended for 1 year, for hitting dela cruz..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #966 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 08:39 PM »
Louie Alas called it quits with Letran and kevin Alas may join Gilas training pool so San Beda will be unchallenged in building their dynasty.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #967 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 09:02 PM »
Afaik, you can play up to 5 years, batchmate nya si jason webb, kaya lng he was suspended for 1 year, for hitting dela cruz..

I think you mean Joshua Webb.. up to 20 years kung si Jason Webb batchmate niya.. ;D

Offline mickmads

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #968 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 09:09 PM »
Ateneo did it in 2010. They only had Chua, Golla and Escueta as their frontline. They were a fast break team. Scoring in transition and scored off defensive rebounds. As long as kiefer, and ryan are there with serviceable big men able to box out, do screens, rebound then a final four appearance is not far-fetched. I believe. ANIMo.

Pwede. But chua could have started for almost every other team. Naaalala ko yung 2010 yan yung na-buenafe yung feu sa finals diba? :)) sana ganun ulit siya next year para bumanat ang admu haha

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #969 on: Oct 27, 2012 at 09:10 PM »

They need a coach the players would respond to and respect. Perhaps MVP's pull-out is a blessing in disguise. Ateneo can now pick the right coach to replace Norman Black, definitely not Perasol!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #970 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 04:20 AM »
I would like to see Sabdy A. to coach the Blie Eagles.

And btw, animo is a basque term. It was brought here by friars. What I find "curiouser" is DLSU using it as the organization does not have any basque roots in the Philippines.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #971 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 08:56 AM »
They need a coach the players would respond to and respect. Perhaps MVP's pull-out is a blessing in disguise. Ateneo can now pick the right coach to replace Norman Black, definitely not Perasol!

Frankie Lim perhaps.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #973 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 04:24 PM »

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #974 on: Oct 28, 2012 at 07:55 PM »
I would like to see Sabdy A. to coach the Blie Eagles.

And btw, animo is a basque term. It was brought here by friars. What I find "curiouser" is DLSU using it as the organization does not have any basque roots in the Philippines.

I remember one of my philo lessons defining the word Animo as latin for Spirit.

I would like coach Sandy to be the head coach problem is he's also part of the coaching staff at TNT along with coach jamike, etc.
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2012 at 10:20 AM by questforthegoodlife »

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #975 on: Nov 07, 2012 at 10:13 AM »
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #976 on: Nov 07, 2012 at 10:23 AM »
Compton eyed as next Ateneo coach

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/11/07/12/compton-eyed-next-ateneo-coach

"Alex is seriously being considered," said Palou, adding that the sweet-shooting guard who also had stints as assistant coach in the PBA has already been interviewed for the job.

But Palou said Compton wants to make sure that he doesn't step on anyone's toes.

"What he said was he wants to make sure the picture is clear if and when he comes in," said Palou, who also mentioned the names of Sandy Arespacochaga and Jamike Jamarin as candidates.

I'm fine with Coach Jamike, Coach Sandy and Alex Compton. But i'd prefer the first two as they know the Ateneo system pretty well. If Alex Compton comes on, I hope he retains the coaching staff and maybe add Kirk Long in the coaching staff.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 370
« Reply #977 on: Nov 07, 2012 at 11:06 AM »
I like Sandy ...... this old classmate of mine has served his time and is the logical choice.

However, he seems very reluctant ...... Palou even mentions it.

The pressures of continuing the winning program might be too big for him - moreso, that MVP has left campus, taking with him the P25M/year allotment for the ADMU basketball program.

Jebus ..... P25M/year ..... this is almost equivalent to the annual salary cap for an entire PBA team !!!   O0

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #978 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 10:56 PM »
Letran still hopeful Coach Alas will stay for another year and give the title run another try.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #979 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 11:22 PM »
Letran still hopeful Coach Alas will stay for another year and give the title run another try.
I hope.. 1 more try.. :)
The Pats way...

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #980 on: Nov 12, 2012 at 09:36 AM »
"Alex is seriously being considered," said Palou, adding that the sweet-shooting guard who also had stints as assistant coach in the PBA has already been interviewed for the job.

But Palou said Compton wants to make sure that he doesn't step on anyone's toes.

"What he said was he wants to make sure the picture is clear if and when he comes in," said Palou, who also mentioned the names of Sandy Arespacochaga and Jamike Jamarin as candidates.

I'm fine with Coach Jamike, Coach Sandy and Alex Compton. But i'd prefer the first two as they know the Ateneo system pretty well. If Alex Compton comes on, I hope he retains the coaching staff and maybe add Kirk Long in the coaching staff.

After Black, white naman daw. haha

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #981 on: Nov 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM »
May ongoing PCCL.  You can post your comments too ;D 

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #982 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 02:31 PM »
May ongoing PCCL.  You can post your comments too ;D 

anyone watch that San Beda-SWU game? kawawa yung point guard ng SWU after he had a mental lapse that cost them a chance to win.. binatukan ng coach.. and it's the 2nd time he did that according to the player..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuT9IKutwzQ (around the 00:57 mark)..

by the way, UST is in the Finals waiting for either Ateneo or San Beda..

oh, and Perasol is once again being considered for the Ateneo coaching job daw..
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2012 at 02:33 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 370
« Reply #983 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 04:58 PM »
That SWU coach should be fired ASAP ...... no place in sports for such an act.

Berating or calling-out players is one thing ....... openly hitting your player/s is a big no-no.

That coach should be fired ....... or better yet, demote him to a utility crew - teach him some humility.

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #984 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 05:12 PM »

Berating or calling-out players is one thing ....... openly hitting your player/s is a big no-no.

That coach should be fired ....... or better yet, demote him to a utility crew - teach him some humility.

nyahaha kawawang bata. tinulak tapos binatukan. :D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #985 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 05:32 PM »

good luck with that.. Alcoseba is a powerful man in Cebu.. matagal ng konsehal yan at champion coach dun kaya walang gagalaw diyan.. sanay na mga taga-Cebu sa ganyang attitude ni Alcoseba kaya hinahayaan na lang nila.. wala rin namang ngipin yung mga governing sports bodies dito sa atin eh.. yung BCAP gumagalaw lang pag may foreign coach na balak mag-coach sa PBA..

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #986 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 06:04 PM »
good luck with that.. Alcoseba is a powerful man in Cebu.. matagal ng konsehal yan at champion coach dun kaya walang gagalaw diyan.. sanay na mga taga-Cebu sa ganyang attitude ni Alcoseba kaya hinahayaan na lang nila.. wala rin namang ngipin yung mga governing sports bodies dito sa atin eh.. yung BCAP gumagalaw lang pag may foreign coach na balak mag-coach sa PBA..

why is that so?

kung ang mga guro na nananakit ng estudyante pinag-iinitan ng media, bakit hindi magawa kay coach alcoseba?
he may be a big shot, but his attitude is out of place.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #987 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 08:30 PM »
why is that so?

kung ang mga guro na nananakit ng estudyante pinag-iinitan ng media, bakit hindi magawa kay coach alcoseba?
he may be a big shot, but his attitude is out of place.

it's a fairly small tournament so there really isn't much media coverage.. yung mga nakapanood lang talaga nakapansin.. yung mga news outlets naman dito sa Pilipinas, pinapansin lang ang isang bagay kung sa tingin nila tataas ratings nila.. they'll do one story and that's it.. the game aired on ABS and they didn't even do a story on it..

and I doubt the school would sanction him as well.. he just led his team to a championship sa Cebu.. and then there's no governing body to sanction him..

the kid really has no avenue to file a complaint kaya nauulit..

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #988 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 08:58 PM »
it's a fairly small tournament so there really isn't much media coverage.. yung mga nakapanood lang talaga nakapansin.. yung mga news outlets naman dito sa Pilipinas, pinapansin lang ang isang bagay kung sa tingin nila tataas ratings nila.. they'll do one story and that's it.. the game aired on ABS and they didn't even do a story on it..

and I doubt the school would sanction him as well.. he just led his team to a championship sa Cebu.. and then there's no governing body to sanction him..

the kid really has no avenue to file a complaint kaya nauulit..

but there is a law against child abuse, that is, if the point guard is still a minor.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #989 on: Nov 25, 2012 at 01:54 PM »
but there is a law against child abuse, that is, if the point guard is still a minor.

he's a 3rd year college student so I think he's no longer a minor..

anyway, kaya pala in the hunt na naman si Perasol for the Ateneo job..

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/mvp-ateneo-set-to-announce-reconciliation