Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 360119 times)

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7170
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #2730 on: May 04, 2021 at 07:28 AM »
something to chew on, before Jesus ascended to heaven, Jesus did not leave a copy of the bible to his disciples and told them, here, read all about it in this book.....nothing of that sort happened...

truth is, religions caused mass slaughters, recorded in history....man's inhumanity to man continued even after Jesus went up to heaven.....
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2731 on: May 06, 2021 at 11:50 PM »
something to chew on, before Jesus ascended to heaven, Jesus did not leave a copy of the bible to his disciples and told them, here, read all about it in this book.....nothing of that sort happened...

truth is, religions caused mass slaughters, recorded in history....man's inhumanity to man continued even after Jesus went up to heaven.....

Hehe! You really don't know a thing. Before Jesus was born flesh they jews already have the old testament. And Jesus was even quoting the old testament in some of His sermons...

FYI

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2732 on: May 07, 2021 at 06:58 AM »
Hehe! You really don't know a thing. Before Jesus was born flesh they jews already have the old testament. And Jesus was even quoting the old testament in some of His sermons...

FYI

but the Jews disowned Jesus.....the book of the Jews was it called bible back then? the new testament did Jesus left a copy of that to his disciples before he left?

it is good i do not know anything....
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #2733 on: May 07, 2021 at 07:40 AM »
but the Jews disowned Jesus.....the book of the Jews was it called bible back then? the new testament did Jesus left a copy of that to his disciples before he left?

it is good i do not know anything....

book of the jews = its their own interpretation its not the Word of God (note how they use their book (their own interpretation) to accuse Jesus of braking the Law) but then Jesus quote the Word of God (old testament) saying that He never break the Law (mapa civil law man yan o mapa moral law)

new testament book - Jesus never left a copy... but He inspired His disciples to write the Scriptures (new testament) so the Scriptures is not human's own interpretation but of God.

2 Tim 3:16
2 Pet 1:20-21
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2734 on: Sep 15, 2023 at 09:52 AM »
not all Christians follow Christianity, there are non Christians who Jesus would embrace as his when he comes...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2735 on: Sep 20, 2023 at 09:11 PM »
Sir Tony, the root word of christianity is Christ. And the followers and believers of Christ are called christians. And Jesus is Christ.

Mukhang may clash of words tayo...

Pero dito kaya ito sa religion thread na ito magandang idiscuss?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2736 on: Sep 25, 2023 at 05:26 PM »
Sir Tony, the root word of christianity is Christ. And the followers and believers of Christ are called christians. And Jesus is Christ.

sa akin malinaw,there are strong chances that Hindus, Muslims. Budhists and others are more Christ like than those baptized as sp called Christians, hindi kita sa buhay nila, karamihan nagssimba, sumasamba, pero ano talaga sila?

why insist on labels? it is not a measure by any sense....
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2023 at 05:27 PM by tony »

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1246
« Reply #2737 on: Sep 25, 2023 at 06:14 PM »
sa akin malinaw,there are strong chances that Hindus, Muslims. Budhists and others are more Christ like than those baptized as sp called Christians, hindi kita sa buhay nila, karamihan nagssimba, sumasamba, pero ano talaga sila?

Personally agree on this. I am Catholic, but I don't think that strictly only Catholics or Christians will be "saved". There are many people from other religions or faiths who may not firmly believe in the same God as ours, but practice goodness, kindness, and the very lessons / virtues taught by Christ. Yung iba pa nga, mas "Christ-like" pa ang character than some real baptized Christians.

Offline Own7

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 893
« Reply #2738 on: Sep 25, 2023 at 06:45 PM »
Dalawa lang naman utos ng diyos, mahalin mo sya at kapwa
Mo. No mention of any particular religion. Actually yung mga tao
Na nagsasabing “mapupunta ka sa impyerno” for whatever reason
Ang mas dapat matakot, Dahil lahat nga humuhusga ay huhusgahan din.

Ang masama pa pa dyan sa humuhusgang relihiyon ay yumayaman sa
Panghuhusga nila.

….puro tuloy panghuhusga lumalabas sa bibig ko…..
raidho td 2.2
dali epicon 2
vitus sia 025
chord dave
chord m scaler
aurender s10
transparent cables

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1211
« Reply #2739 on: Sep 25, 2023 at 06:46 PM »
Personally agree on this. I am Catholic, but I don't think that strictly only Catholics or Christians will be "saved". There are many people from other religions or faiths who may not firmly believe in the same God as ours, but practice goodness, kindness, and the very lessons / virtues taught by Christ. Yung iba pa nga, mas "Christ-like" pa ang character than some real baptized Christians.

I am always reminded of that line from the movie "Kingdom of Heaven". 

Balian Of Ibelin:
"...God will understand, my lord. And if he doesn't...then he is not God. And we need not worry."

I am also Catholic, but I believe in a just God, first and foremost.  At the end of the day, I believe what matters is how you lived your life, and not what sect/religion or denomination you follow.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2740 on: Sep 25, 2023 at 07:13 PM »

It's not labeling for me. Well let me recall your previous statement:

not all Christians follow Christianity, there are non Christians who Jesus would embrace as his when he comes...

I believe the words you used can also be defined as labels. I am merely using your terms.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2741 on: Sep 25, 2023 at 07:19 PM »
Magandang topic ito. And what will be our reference point pagdating sa God our Creator? Where will we find out where He is? What does He want? Ano ba ang kailangan natin gawin? What will be good and bad for Him?

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2742 on: Sep 25, 2023 at 09:34 PM »
Magandang topic ito. And what will be our reference point pagdating sa God our Creator? Where will we find out where He is? What does He want? Ano ba ang kailangan natin gawin? What will be good and bad for Him?

Sabi nga nung father-in-law ko dati, "hindi naman siguro masama ang Panginoon na parurusahan ako pag di ako nakapagsimba, kung wala naman akong sinasaktan na tao o gumagawa ng kasamaan"

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2743 on: Sep 26, 2023 at 10:38 AM »

FYI

oh yeah i really do not know  a thing abut your religion, but look at Apollo Quibuloy, and the likes of him, are they a  man of God? i doubt that...

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2744 on: Sep 26, 2023 at 10:40 AM »
Sabi nga nung father-in-law ko dati, "hindi naman siguro masama ang Panginoon na parurusahan ako pag di ako nakapagsimba, kung wala naman akong sinasaktan na tao o gumagawa ng kasamaan"

exactly, Jesus is all about love, in his last supper, he admonished his disciples to love one another like Jesus loved them....what is so hard about that? and yet today we see religion as a big business enterprise, siksik liglig at umaapaw......

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2745 on: Oct 09, 2023 at 05:38 PM »

God is not only God of Love... please remember that God is also the God of Judgement... He is love and He is the Law... when God said he will punish all sinner then God will judge us as "sinners" not on what good deeds we do here on earth.

You love you neighbor but you're still a sinner in eyes of God
You did not hurt anyone but you're still a sinner in eyes of God
You did nothing to offend your niehgbor but you're a sinner in eyes of God
Even if you're the saint like person here on earth you're still a sinner in eyes of God
The moment you know what is right or wrong then you're subject to God's judgement

God is LOVE and at the same time He is Righteous Judge... God doesnt differentiate whether youre a saint or a murderer before eyes of men... we are all sinner before HIM and worthy of Hell.

as a Righteous Judge who rule Heaven and Earth we are all equal before God - we are all sinners (on this aspect we are all equal before God)

Even if you change during your adulthood pero nung bata ka natuto ka nang magsinungaling wala kang kaibahan sa isang murderer - before God iisa lang ang tingin nya sa atin - sinners

nagmura = sin = punishable by death (hell)
pumatay = sin = punishable by death (hell)
nangupit ng piso = sin = punishable by death (hell)
nangupit ng milyon = sin = punishable by death (hell)
tumingin ng may pagnanasa = sin = punishable by death (hell)
nag-rape = sin = punishable by death (hell)

if we think God is not like that then Satan is very successful making false statement about God.

Di ba tayo nagtataka bakit madaming religion? This is Satan's way to deceive people. Satan is the author of confusion (simula pa yan kay Adam and Eve) "yeah sinabi ba talaga ng Diyos yan"....

Unless we realize that we are sinner before God... unless we realize that we are nothing befor God... unless you realize that whatever you did is nothing before God... unless  you realized that you need a Saviour... we will never receive the Grace of God...

God as a God of Love and at the same as a God of Justice - since God loves his creation (us) and at the same time nagkasala tayo and He needs to implement the punishment as a Righteous God... and how He solve this dillema - God Jesus Christ offers himsel- no man can see God except thru Jesus Christ... by the Blood of Christ as a payment for sins God only requires your faith alone...

if you think that you're good enough to go to Heaven
if you think that you're good enough para mapatawad ng Diyos
if you think that you can do more to obtain salvation
then you really don't need  a Saviour...
then you discredit the wonderful works of God - Salvation thru Jesus Christ alone

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2746 on: Oct 10, 2023 at 10:24 AM »
God is what Man created Him to be.....thousands of Gods to go around, many of them invented maybe hundreds of thousands of years ago....no need to fight about a God, there are lots to go around for everyone....

today the current flavor is the God of Senyor Aguila who is presently under custody of the senate....indeed religion is big business, .a way to accumulate lots of wealth and political power, just like that cult along EDSA......

what has religion done in our society? become very rich and powerful.....

remeber Quibuloy, the appointed son of god? many suckers believe them....

a tree, any tree is known by the fruits it bears or the shadow it casts, never by what religious propagandists say...

i believe in a GOD, but maybe not the same GOD as yours...
my God is full of Mercy and Love....
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2023 at 02:59 PM by tony »

Offline Own7

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 893
« Reply #2747 on: Oct 10, 2023 at 10:34 AM »
Isipin mo paano magkakaroon ng peace and unity among mankind kung
Sa diyos pa lang magkakaiba na ang pananaw at pinag aawayan pa.

Parang “my lord is bigger than yours” arguement. Kaya lalong nagkakagulo
Since dito pa lang nga giyera na eh lalo na sa ibang usapin paano na?
raidho td 2.2
dali epicon 2
vitus sia 025
chord dave
chord m scaler
aurender s10
transparent cables

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2748 on: Oct 10, 2023 at 10:40 AM »
It's not labeling for me. Well let me recall your previous statement:

I believe the words you used can also be defined as labels. I am merely using your terms.

of course you can.....i am not swayed...

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2749 on: Oct 10, 2023 at 10:42 AM »
Isipin mo paano magkakaroon ng peace and unity among mankind kung
Sa diyos pa lang magkakaiba na ang pananaw at pinag aawayan pa.

Parang “my lord is bigger than yours” arguement. Kaya lalong nagkakagulo
Since dito pa lang nga giyera na eh lalo na sa ibang usapin paano na?

and worst, they wage war against one another, who needs them..

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2750 on: Oct 10, 2023 at 10:44 AM »
Di ba tayo nagtataka bakit madaming religion? This is Satan's way to deceive people. Satan is the author of confusion (simula pa yan kay Adam and Eve) "yeah sinabi ba talaga ng Diyos yan"....

oh yes, another one of man's creation, kung may bida, dapat me kontrabida....

if you think that you're good enough to go to Heaven
if you think that you're good enough para mapatawad ng Diyos
if you think that you can do more to obtain salvation
then you really don't need  a Saviour...
then you discredit the wonderful works of God - Salvation thru Jesus Christ alone

these are the caveats that religious propagandists make as if God is not capable of knowing your innermost soul, i give my God the most credit He deserved.....
« Last Edit: Oct 10, 2023 at 10:46 AM by tony »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2751 on: Oct 11, 2023 at 08:31 AM »
oh yes, another one of man's creation, kung may bida, dapat me kontrabida....

its in the Bible... it is written... the prince of this world is Satan.. satan is the ruler of this world (John 12:31)... di yan gawa gawa ng tao :)
Adam and Eve were deceived by the Serpent (Satan)... it is written... hindi yan imbento ng tao

these are the caveats that religious propagandists make as if God is not capable of knowing your innermost soul, i give my God the most credit He deserved.....

innermost of our soul = sinner

its in the Bible... human soul is not capable of doing good in the eyes of God unless you were cleanse by the Blood of Jesus Christ.
its in the Bible... human soul does not deserve God's mercy unless you were cleanse by the Blood of Jesus Christ

we can never please God sabihin mo man na isa ka sa pinakabanal na tao dito sa lupa... no one can please God unless you were cleanse by the Blood of Jesus Christ (Romans 8:5-11)
people who think that they're good enough to obtain favor from God will never obtain God's grace and mercy (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2752 on: Oct 11, 2023 at 01:59 PM »
take away your bible and where are you then? like billions of other people who do not even read the bible...

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2753 on: Oct 11, 2023 at 04:55 PM »
take away your bible and where are you then? like billions of other people who do not even read the bible...

When it comes to God the Bible is the final authority. The Bible is the written Word of God. Without the Word of God my life and existence is meaningless. The Bible is the Word of God, without the Word of God - I am nothing. The Bible tells me about Jesus, tells me about God. I cant live without the Bile

The same for billions of other people who were deceived by Satan that until now dont even know that the Word of God exists. The Word of God is the law. I am very thankful that the Word of God the Bible reached me. and it is such a pity na dito sa Pilipinas na very accessible ang Bible pero di ginagamit karamihan. They created their own version of god according to their own imagination and personal preference.

Billions were not reach .... missionaries were killed... Satan is the author of confusion... deceived billions of people... "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. " Matt. 7:13-14 as mention in the Bible... billions maybe trillion are leading to destruction and only few will find the way of life...

You will say that God of the Bible is a cruel God... allowing billions of people to perish... you're wrong... God is just implementing his Word, He is the Judge - a righteous Judge but at the same time a merciful God... God's love sinner and at the same time he hate sins... kaya nga God sacrifice Himself.. died in the cross and after three days nabuhay na muli to redeem those who believe on Him... John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

its the truth, people who never know Jesus in their life will never see God's mercy. You think God of the Bible is unfair? No... its just that human heart is too corrupt for them to be able to accept God kaya kung ano ano iniimbento nilang Diyos para sa kanila.. god of love, god of sex, god of death, god of whatever... kahit walang Bible... God reveal Himself through nature and divine intervention its just that human heart is too corrupt to accept God

Romans 1:17-21
"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

take note: the Bible said "so that they are without excuse..."

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2754 on: Oct 12, 2023 at 07:06 AM »

in name only most of the time...

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2755 on: Oct 12, 2023 at 07:18 AM »
When it comes to God the Bible is the final authority. The Bible is the written Word of God. Without the Word of God my life and existence is meaningless. The Bible is the Word of God, without the Word of God - I am nothing. The Bible tells me about Jesus, tells me about God. I cant live without the Bile

and so we have figures like Jim Jones, David Coresh because they claim the bible told them so...and led many unwitting believers to their death and destruction...blind faith borne out of ignorance...

huwag na tayong lumayo, we have Apollo Quibuloy who is self appointed son of God, or Senior Aguila, the Santo Nino of the South, incidentally they both come from the south....truth is when people have become so ignorant as to accept blindly what their pastors or priests tell them, these things happen....

the Spaniards when they colonized us for 300+ years never wanted the local indios educated, they know that ignorant masses are easy to mold into sheep like things of believers....

Jose Rizal read the bible from cover to cover and find is an interesting book...
I find the bible a source of knowledge and inspiration, if only you can separate the grains from the schaff....

but if you treat the bible like it was some lawbook and for the letters written therein instead of skimming thru the spirit it contained, then all is useless just the like in the  book of Ecclesiastes...

i can not be swayed by lawyer like arguments taking snippets or cherry picking the bible verses...

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2756 on: Oct 12, 2023 at 07:21 AM »
innermost of our soul = sinner

sorry but i do not subscribe to this crap.....

i believe that we were created perfect and inherently good.....
that we were just influenced by events and circumstances in our lives....

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2757 on: Oct 12, 2023 at 07:52 AM »

the Spaniards when they colonized us for 300+ years never wanted the local indios educated, they know that ignorant masses are easy to mold into sheep like things of believers....

you mean the Roman Catholics? they used and twist the Word of God to colonize people... it still existing today...

and so we have figures like Jim Jones, David Coresh because they claim the bible told them so...and led many unwitting believers to their death and destruction...blind faith borne out of ignorance...

huwag na tayong lumayo, we have Apollo Quibuloy who is self appointed son of God, or Senior Aguila, the Santo Nino of the South, incidentally they both come from the south....truth is when people have become so ignorant as to accept blindly what their pastors or priests tell them, these things happen....

Jose Rizal read the bible from cover to cover and find is an interesting book...
I find the bible a source of knowledge and inspiration, if only you can separate the grains from the schaff....

but if you treat the bible like it was some lawbook and for the letters written therein instead of skimming thru the spirit it contained, then all is useless just the like in the  book of Ecclesiastes...

i can not be swayed by lawyer like arguments taking snippets or cherry picking the bible verses...

its because Satan can twist the Word of God for his own benefits :) remember... this current ruler of this world is Satan... Satan used and twisted the Word of God to decieved Adam and Eve... Satan used God's command to create confusion to Adam and Eve.

Satan as a master of confusion ultimate goal is to spread doubt about the Word of God...

sorry but i do not subscribe to this crap.....

i believe that we were created perfect and inherently good.....
that we were just influenced by events and circumstances in our lives....

we need first to realize that we are sinner, to first accept that we are unworthy, sinful, and worthy of death before God... we need to realize that we are nothing before God... we need to realize that we are sinner and condemn to death... kasi kung hindi natin ito mareralize... hindi natin maiisip na we need a Saviour

we are insulting God if we think that we are good enough to go to heaven... we disrespect Gods sacrifice on the cross if we think that we dont need a saviour...

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2758 on: Oct 12, 2023 at 10:03 AM »
you mean the Roman Catholics? they used and twist the Word of God to colonize people... it still existing today.

yes, they cavorted with Hitler, Jesus Christ did not have an army of soldiers....and yet today those who call themselves Christians engage in a never ending war against another of the different Christian beliefs...

Protestants and Catholics killing each other in Ireland and Lebnon...
Suni's and Muslims as in Saudi versus Iran....

we need first to realize that we are sinner, to first accept that we are unworthy, sinful, and worthy of death before God... we need to realize that we are nothing before God... we need to realize that we are sinner and condemn to death... kasi kung hindi natin ito mareralize... hindi natin maiisip na we need a Saviour

again, human traits that are not Godly, we just put them into God's mouth to scare people and make them obey like sheep..

to err is human, but like God we can forgive because that is being Godly...

we are insulting God if we think that we are good enough to go to heaven... we disrespect Gods sacrifice on the cross if we think that we dont need a saviour...

God can be insulted??? your vision of God is of the human attribute...
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2023 at 10:08 AM by tony »

Offline jjjeronimo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2759 on: Oct 12, 2023 at 10:10 AM »
Sad to say, a lot of evil has been done in the world in the name of religion, and the Catholic church does not have a monopoly on this.  Being one of the oldest, I wouldn't be surprised kung sa kanila ang pinakamaraming incidences.  Pero almost every religion and sect have definitely committed grave acts of evil just to prove that they have the "TRUE" religion.  Intolerance ang malaking issue.

Even yung block voting na lang in favor of a clearly bad candidate dito sa atin is an evil in itself.