Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 360197 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #990 on: Dec 30, 2013 at 10:51 PM »
For human rights to flourish, religious rights must come second.

Any thoughts on this?

You mean, for human rights to flourish religious rights must not be abolished.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
« Reply #991 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM »
You mean, for human rights to flourish religious rights must not be abolished.

If your definition of religious expression means subjugating women or discriminating against LGBT's, then your rights come in second.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #992 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 06:03 AM »
If your definition of religious expression means subjugating women or discriminating against LGBT's, then your rights come in second.

I got typo error. I mean this: "For human rights to flourish, Religious rights must be abolished completely."

Although we have free will, not all that we think or do will be good for us because we have tendency towards iniquities. We don't teach our children to do bad things, they come out naturally that's why we teach them to do what is right.

Need to have a moral compass above man's standard. I firmly believe the bible is God's standard.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #993 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 08:59 AM »
i firmly believe that when human law is put first before or above God's law... this world is going nowhere... that is what happening today...
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #994 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 10:31 AM »
i firmly believe that when human law is put first before or above God's law... this world is going nowhere... that is what happening today...

Whose God's law?

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #995 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM »
Whose God's law?

hmmm let s see... im very sure...

...the One that keeps on knocking on your door... :)

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #996 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM »
Whose God's law?

good argument. of the thousands of gods out there, which god and god's law should we follow?
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM by leomarley »

Offline neilc

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Religion Thread
« Reply #997 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 01:09 PM »

God's Law? How sure are you that those laws you're referring to are made by God. And who's God?
Apple enthusiast. PlayStation Addict

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #998 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 01:30 PM »

The world already tried putting God's law first, and this is what happened:

Today, some groups still insist on putting God's law first.  This is what they got:

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2013 at 01:38 PM by barrister »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #999 on: Dec 31, 2013 at 01:39 PM »
The world already tried putting God's law first, and this is what happened:

Today, some groups still insist on putting God's law first.  This is what they got:

I firmly believe... they are not putting God's law on the first place... they are putting laws that they think are beneficial on their religion/sect...

and i believe... i am referring to the God of that man being tortured... i am referring to the God of those believers hunted, tortured and killed both by roman catholics and protestants...

I am referring to the God of those people that believe on the separation of church and state...

I am referring to the God of these people that value life more than self satisfaction...
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2013 at 01:44 PM by dpogs »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
The Religion Thread
« Reply #1000 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 02:19 AM »

I am referring to the God of those people that believe on the separation of church and state...

I am referring to the God of these people that value life more than self satisfaction...

Medyo contradicting ata yung gusto mo na sundin ang law of god sa statement mo na 'to.

Offline greatauror28

• Collector
  • DTS Master Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1001 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 02:30 AM »
Just what I expected.

Another thread about people who loves to justify that there's no God and that human laws must come first, support LGTB righrts, etcetera, etcetera.

Jeez people, its already 2014. Respect each and everyone's opinion.
Doesn't matter really what you believe in, as long as you don't step on others.
50P400 BP120 PS3 RTiA7 A1

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1002 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 04:40 AM »
Medyo contradicting ata yung gusto mo na sundin ang law of god sa statement mo na 'to.

hmmm... to be honest i am not referring to the law of god... i am referring to the law of God...

i believe on the separation of church and state in terms of freedom of religion...
1. a government must not force its citizen to join any particular religion/sect or to enforce a certain belief from particular group.. the government must never use its force or interfere on any practices, heirarchy or doctrine of the church...
2. a church must not use the government for its personal gain... nor seek power or money to meet their ends...

kaya nga hindi ako bilib sa mga pari o pastor na naghahangad ng puwesto sa gobyerno... mahirap ang mamangka sa dalawang ilog... mahirap maglingkod sa dalawang master... kailangan isa lang....

tsaka dont bring your religion to work or to school... kapag oras ng trabaho dapat trabaho lang... oras ng pag-aaral dapat aral lang... though we cant bring religion to work or school or in office... we can always bring God anywhere...

if we look closer the function of church and state are beneficial to each other...

God's law value life and despises the selfish... despises those who seek for their own satisfaction only...
1. God's law considered life as sacred and is precious... that is why it is a crime to kill innocent lives...
2. God's law states that the capital punishment for those guilty of murder (or any crime resulted to death of innocent lives) is death...
3. God's law states that death must be given to those who found guilty of murder...
4. God's law states that a fair trial regardless of class or status must be observed and requires proof of guilt before administering any punishment...
5. God's law states that all person are equal, innocent or guilty, are created before the image of God thus must be treated with dignity... murderer or not... criminals or not... both deserve to be treated with dignity... kumbaga walang bastusan... we are all human...

kaya nga i strongly disagree to legalize abortion since it kills innocents life... and agree for death penalty as capital punishment for heinous crimes espcially for those guilty of murder..

hindi ko nga maintindihan itong mga pro abortionist na ito and at the same time ayaw ng death penalty... they are willing na patayin ang inosente at hayaang mabuhay ang isang mamamatay tao...guilty of murder/heinous crimes...

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 11:08 AM »
hmmm let s see... im very sure...

...the One that keeps on knocking on your door... :)

So I should worship the Electrolux man? :-P

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1004 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 12:13 PM »
Just what I expected.

Another thread about people who loves to justify that there's no God and that human laws must come first, support LGTB righrts, etcetera, etcetera.

Jeez people, its already 2014. Respect each and everyone's opinion.
Doesn't matter really what you believe in, as long as you don't step on others.

i'm not against people who have religious beliefs as it is their right to praise whoever they want. But i have issues with those who hinder human progress, specially in the sciences, because of their beliefs.

It's like having a penis. it's nice to have one but don't go around wagging it in front of everybody. just keep it to yourself.

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson sums it up easily:

"I don't have an issue with what you do in the church, but I'm going to be up in your face if you're going to knock on my science classroom and tell me they've got to teach what you're teaching in your Sunday school. Because that's when we're going to fight."

Have a happy New Year!
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2014 at 12:14 PM by leomarley »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1005 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 02:08 PM »
i'm not against people who have religious beliefs as it is their right to praise whoever they want. But i have issues with those who hinder human progress, specially in the sciences, because of their beliefs.

I agree.

Worship whomever you want.  But when religious belief is imposed on others, that's when it becomes a problem.

And that's the dilemma when someone proposes to follow God's laws.  First, somebody has to choose which God.  Then the religious beliefs of the group are imposed on all others.

Paano kung Satanista ako.  Si Satanas ang Diyos ko.  Let's follow God's laws!  :D   Who decides which God is the correct God?  Palakasan ng palakpak?  ???

As history has shown, separation of church and state is the solution. 
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2014 at 02:09 PM by barrister »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 02:45 PM »
So I should worship the Electrolux man? :-P

well go ahead... we have freedom of religion/beliefs naman... you can worship him if that is the One who keeps on knocking on your door...

hmmm... i am just wondering... why is that electrolux man keeps on knocking at your door... nagtataka tuloy ako... parang ayaw ko na tuloy bumili ng products ng electrolux... mukhang hindi matitibay at kailangang lagi silang kumatok sa aking pintuan....

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1007 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 03:09 PM »
I agree.

Worship whomever you want.  But when religious belief is imposed on others, that's when it becomes a problem.

that is why we need separation of church and state... state must not be involved on any affairs of the church unless if it will disrupt peace and order... church must not seek power or gain financial support to any group or government to fulfill their mission... we need total freedom of religion...

And that's the dilemma when someone proposes to follow God's laws.  First, somebody has to choose which God.  Then the religious beliefs of the group are imposed on all others.

There is no dilemma when somebody has to choose which 'god' he/she wants to follow and share it to others... the dilemma is when somebody has to imposed his/her belief to others that will result or will contradict or will deprived other freewill or freedom of speech/religioin

Paano kung Satanista ako.  Si Satanas ang Diyos ko.  Let's follow God's laws!  :D   Who decides which God is the correct God?  Palakasan ng palakpak?  ???

As history has shown, separation of church and state is the solution. 

as history has shown also, (all) most laws formulated by (any) majority of government are just an amplified version of the ten commandment...

for us to prosper as a nation... huwag na dapat makialam ang roman catholic, iglesia ni kristo, protestants etc at kung ano mang grupo consider na natin mga scientology... na makialam sa anumang affair ng government/state o magseek ng favor, power or money to carry out their spiritual agenda... huwag na rin dapat magpakita ng pabor ang government sa iilang piling religious sect lamang...

in the Philippines, we dont have a real and complete separation of church and state...
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2014 at 04:04 PM by dpogs »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 03:52 PM »
that is why we need separation of church and state... state must not be involved on any affairs of the church unless if it will disrupt peace and order... church must not seek power or gain financial support to any group or government to fulfill their mission... we need total freedom of religion...

There is no dilemma when somebody has to choose which 'god' he/she wants to follow and share it to others... the dilemma is when somebody has to imposed his/her belief to others that will result or will contradict or will deprived other freewill or freedom of speech/religioin

Hindi naman pala tayo magkakontra sir.  Pero iba yung sabi mo previous posts mo.

as history has shown also, all the laws formulated by any government are just an amplified version of the ten commandment...

No, that's not true.

You said ALL laws of ANY government.

In Saudi, blasphemy against Allah is punishable by beheading.  Wala namang ganon sa ten commandments.

In the Philippines, bawal ang walang seatbelt.  Saan sa ten commandments ang ganon?
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2014 at 03:53 PM by barrister »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: Jan 01, 2014 at 04:01 PM »
Hindi naman pala tayo magkakontra sir.  Pero iba yung sabi mo previous posts mo.

No, that's not true.

You said ALL laws of ANY government.

In Saudi, blasphemy against Allah is punishable by beheading.  Wala namang ganon sa ten commandments.

In the Philippines, bawal ang walang seatbelt.  Saan sa ten commandments ang ganon?

Hmmm... you have a point there... edit ko post ko....

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1010 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 05:21 PM »
Nun who didn't know she was pregnant gives birth
to baby and names him after Pope Francis
Saturday 18th January 2014

... The nun, who is from El Salvador, had kept her pregnancy a secret and even as she was being taken to hospital in an ambulance denied that she could be pregnant.

“It's not possible, I'm a nun,” she told doctors, according to the Italian press.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/nun-gives-birth-to-baby-and-names-him-after-pope
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2014 at 05:22 PM by barrister »

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #1011 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 10:42 PM »
Same.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/shocked-italian-nun-gives-birth-baby-boy-095247545.html

I mean WTF is this?! She think she's the new Mary?

The results of a study on reproductive health, published in the British Medical Journal, revealed that one in 200 US women claim to have given birth without ever having had sexual intercourse.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1012 on: Jan 19, 2014 at 11:33 PM »
I mean WTF is this?! She think she's the new Mary?

I guess so. 

The first time I encountered the idea of a nun claiming to have had a virgin birth was in the 1985 movie "Agnes of God" ---

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnes_of_God_(film))

The first time I heard about something like it real life is in this news item.

« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2014 at 11:34 PM by barrister »

Offline starfighter

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1013 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 12:05 AM »

... The nun, who is from El Salvador, had kept her pregnancy a secret and even as she was being taken to hospital in an ambulance denied that she could be pregnant.

“It's not possible, I'm a nun,” she told doctors, according to the Italian press.

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/news/nun-gives-birth-to-baby-and-names-him-after-pope

the "immaculate" conception

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1014 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 06:44 AM »

Offline sirhc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #1015 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 09:06 AM »
the "immaculate" conception

We already have the technology to confirm this though right? I say imbestigahan muna medically before we jump into conclusions.

Here's an example, although technically, the girl got pregnant through a sexual act, it still happened without sexual intercourse, just with the right incredible conditions.. :)

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/the-bizarre-story-of-the-girl-with-no-vagina-who-was-stabbed-and-had-a-baby/
Never stop learning.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #1016 on: Jan 20, 2014 at 06:07 PM »
mahimbing tulog nila... kaya di nila alam...

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1017 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:51 AM »
The ‘healing priest’ controversy
By Dr. Philip S. Chua
10:00 am | Monday, March 10th, 2014

San Miguel Corp (SMC) has responsibly scuttled the 33-hectare-land-donation to self-proclaimed healing priest Fr. Fernando Suarez’s ambitious plan “to construct a P1 billion ‘mega shrine’ to Mother Mary in Alfonso, Cavite, because of serious concerns about the management and financial issues.”

SMC has discovered the “healing priest”, has reneged on his vows of poverty and has “been living the lifestyle of the rich and famous, wearing expensive clothes and watches, billeting himself at 5-star hotels when he attended matches like the Wimbledon.” The investigation also revealed that his expenses and business transactions were not properly documented.

... Fr. Fernando Suarez is a 47-year-old priest who flies all over the world where Filipinos are, literally claiming to have the power of healing, and without finesse or subtlety, asking for monetary contribution for his project, which he said would be taller than the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro.

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/2014/03/10/the-healing-priest-controversy/
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM by barrister »

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 02:09 PM »
Hindi naman daw kasi "poor" healing priest... Lol.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1019 on: Mar 17, 2014 at 03:26 PM »
The healing priest’s rich lifestyle
By Ramon Tulfo
Philippine Daily Inquirer
2:08 am | Thursday, March 6th, 2014

... Many rich people healed by Father Suarez have given him hundreds of thousands  and even millions of pesos out of gratitude.

But when asked why his foundation was short on finances, the priest was  reportedly heard saying: “Sa akin binigay ang pera. Bakit ko ibibigay sa aking  foundation (The money was given to me. Why should I give it to my foundation)?”

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/582650/the-healing-priests-rich-lifestyle

« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2014 at 03:27 PM by barrister »