Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 357727 times)

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7152
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #2700 on: Mar 05, 2021 at 07:49 AM »
during the last supper, Jesus asked his disciples to love one another as He loved them.....and this to me is the essence of being a Christian.....the ten commandments formed the basis of right and wrong...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2701 on: Apr 28, 2021 at 09:42 AM »
from my newsfeed:

Michael Luscombe
ltSephaonmcNovegombslemr o17,rha m2sh01euh4dn  ·
In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.
 The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:
 Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.
 I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
 1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.
    A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
 2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
 3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24.
    The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.
 4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9.
     The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
 5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.
     Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
 6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
 7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
 8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
 9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
 10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
 I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.
 Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
 Your adoring fan.
 James M. Kauffman,
Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction,
and Special Education University of Virginia
 (It would be a damn shame if we couldn't own a Canadian)
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2021 at 09:47 AM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline drhiredgun

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • res ipsa loquitur! ...57 guns and counting...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #2702 on: Apr 28, 2021 at 10:16 AM »
...made my day :)
Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retard

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2703 on: Apr 28, 2021 at 10:36 AM »
many so called Christians are also closet JEWS, they take the Old Testament as laws too...

when Jesus died on the cross and died for our sins, that would and should have been it....

Jesus did not come for the Old Testament, he laid down his new laws...that is Love for one another...

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2704 on: Apr 29, 2021 at 05:57 PM »
from my newsfeed:

Michael Luscombe
In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.
 The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, penned by a US resident, which was posted on the Internet. It's funny, as well as informative:

Dear Dr. Laura:
 Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination ... End of debate.
 I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them.
 1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.
    A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
 2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
 3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24.
 4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9.
     The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
 5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.
 6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?
 7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
 8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
 9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
 10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
 I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I'm confident you can help.
 Your adoring fan.
 James M. Kauffman,

Dear James M. Kauffman,

Mind your own business. Hehe!

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2705 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 09:40 AM »
Dear James M. Kauffman,

Mind your own business. Hehe!

is that the best you can do? answer the points raised if you know the answer, do not attack the messenger.....your response is a cop out....

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2706 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 09:56 AM »
when questioned about the Sabbath, Jesus said he did not come for the Laws but to break them, and so he did by dying on the cross....what could be clearer than that?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2707 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 06:47 PM »
is that the best you can do? answer the points raised if you know the answer, do not attack the messenger.....your response is a cop out....

Oooppss. Sorry. I actually meant is as a joke when drhiredgun replied

...made my day :)

Okay I will try:

from my newsfeed:

Michael Luscombe

Dear Dr. Laura:
This I cannot clarify because I was not the onw wqho made that statement.

In this day and age, it would be against the law to sell your daughter as slave.

This is a communication problem and maybe I'm not also good in asking women without them taking offense.

You should not smite them.

You are not obliged to kill him.

I'd rather not discuss degrees of abomination. I'd rather discuss how to love people.

The law does not apply to you.

It does not say they should die.

It does not make you unclean. So you may play football without gloves.

Your adoring fan.
 James M. Kauffman,

Technology and science has developed a lot lately. During the Leviticus days, there was no grafting or washing machine or different process of washing clothes and planting. Please do not quote me on my reply to this question bacuse this is just my personal theory. It is easier to explain to a group of people during those days, to use a single pabric because when you wash and hang your clothes, mag-iiba ang urong na fabric and hemp. Hindi even.

With regards to planting naman. Meron kasing mga plants or trees that should co-exist. An example is, a very tall plant should not be planted beside a short plant or else it will not get proper sunlight. Madami pa din answers why pero try to conceptualize it during the Leviticus times.

And just to add, the points raised were somewhat metaphor so i considered it as a joke. My apologies again if it was not funny for you. I really really thought that the purpose of you posting that is to share humor... My bad.

And I am not actually attacking the messenger, I am just trying to make a simple joke or humor about it. If you would actually read the questions, medjo humorous naman talaga. Kaya nga humorous din ang reply ni drhiredgun. Kahit paano may kaunting sense of humor pa naman natitira sa buto ko. Haha! Unless you don't find the questions in your feed humorous... That is a different topic.

So did my answers to the questions raised a valid answer for you?  ;D

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2708 on: Apr 30, 2021 at 06:49 PM »
when questioned about the Sabbath, Jesus said he did not come for the Laws but to break them, and so he did by dying on the cross....what could be clearer than that?

This is something new to me. Saan niyo siya nabasa?

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #2709 on: May 01, 2021 at 12:55 AM »
Jesus came not to break the law... but to fulfill the law.

Baka natypo error lang si sir tony.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2710 on: May 01, 2021 at 05:20 PM »
Jesus came not to break the law... but to fulfill the law.

Baka natypo error lang si sir tony.

Palagay ko nga... Pero let's wait for his reply. Sometimes he has a different opinion din naman kasi which deserves to be heard.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2711 on: May 01, 2021 at 06:06 PM »
or something to that effect...there was an incident when he cured a sick on a sabbath, clearly law breaking....

my take is that not everything you read on the bible can be taken seriously...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021 at 06:08 PM by tony »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2712 on: May 01, 2021 at 08:06 PM »
or something to that effect...there was an incident when he cured a sick on a sabbath, clearly law breaking....

Jesus never breaks the law. Si Jesus na mismo nagsabi na He came to this world not to break the law but to fulfill the law.

Kaya nga tanong namin saan sa Bible sinabi ni Jesus as you mentioned... na He came to this world to break the law.?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2713 on: May 01, 2021 at 08:24 PM »
ano bang law iyan? ang basis ng comment ko ay dahil nasita sya sa panggagamot during sabbath day....yun lang...obviously binale nya ang sabbath law ng mga Hudyo...yung panggagamot during sabbath, is that fulfilling the law?

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #2714 on: May 01, 2021 at 08:35 PM »

I have to disagree with this.
Baka naman ang ibig mong sabihin sir "is not to be taken literally"?
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2715 on: May 01, 2021 at 08:58 PM »
I have to disagree with this.
Baka naman ang ibig mong sabihin sir "is not to be taken literally"?

same lang, there are Jewish practices that are not to be taken seriously...

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2716 on: May 01, 2021 at 10:17 PM »
ano bang law iyan? ang basis ng comment ko ay dahil nasita sya sa panggagamot during sabbath day....yun lang...obviously binale nya ang sabbath law ng mga Hudyo...yung panggagamot during sabbath, is that fulfilling the law?
healing during sabbath is not against the law.

We re talking abot old testament law ... anyway... can you please clarify or be specific sa sinasabi mong "jesus said he did not come foe the laws but to break it" ... last time i check mowhere in the Bible na sinabi yan ni Jesus.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021 at 10:18 PM by dpogs »

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2717 on: May 02, 2021 at 09:54 AM »
healing during sabbath is not against the law.

We re talking abot old testament law ... anyway... can you please clarify or be specific sa sinasabi mong "jesus said he did not come foe the laws but to break it" ... last time i check mowhere in the Bible na sinabi yan ni Jesus.

i have laid down the predicate.....no point to debate this ad hominem....

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2718 on: May 02, 2021 at 12:18 PM »
Never quote the word of God if it is not in the Bible.

Dahil sa mga ganyan madaming nauuto ang mga kulto.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021 at 12:20 PM by dpogs »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2719 on: May 02, 2021 at 05:13 PM »
i have laid down the predicate.....no point to debate this ad hominem....
Wala naman akong nakitang ad hominem from the statements of dpogs... If so i think dpogs deserve to clarify that.

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2720 on: May 02, 2021 at 05:35 PM »
the gospel of Mark i believe covered this sabbath incident with Jesus.....

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2721 on: May 02, 2021 at 06:01 PM »
the gospel of Mark i believe covered this sabbath incident with Jesus.....

Yes. What i want to know is saan mo nakita sa Bible na sinabi ni Jesus that He came to this world to break the law?

Importante kasi na hindi natin ma-misquote ang Salita ng Diyos. Walang bawas o dagdag; ni period or comma dapat eksakto ayon sa nasusulat.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2722 on: May 02, 2021 at 06:25 PM »
i do not quote the bible, i say what i skim from the words, hindi pwede yang argument mo, kasi kung ganon pwede ko ibenta ang anak ko para maging alipin....nasa bible yan..

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2723 on: May 02, 2021 at 06:40 PM »
i do not quote the bible, i say what i skim from the words, hindi pwede yang argument mo, kasi kung ganon pwede ko ibenta ang anak ko para maging alipin....nasa bible yan..

The word "Jesus said..." means you quote the Bible...

you imply that Jesus came to break the law but mowhere in the Bible indicates that Jesus breaks the law of God.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021 at 06:45 PM by dpogs »

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2724 on: May 02, 2021 at 06:53 PM »
there are many laws in the bible....

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2725 on: May 02, 2021 at 07:29 PM »
there are many laws in the bible....

Ýes... but Jesus never said what you quote... "...to break the law" what i am clarifying is... did He really said that that he came to break the law (kung anumang law yang tinutukoy mo)?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2726 on: May 03, 2021 at 06:03 AM »
Never quote the word of God if it is not in the Bible.

Dahil sa mga ganyan madaming nauuto ang mga kulto.

not everything written in the bible is the word of God......the bible contained the words of God....
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021 at 06:05 AM by tony »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2727 on: May 03, 2021 at 08:21 AM »
saan mo nakuha o nabasa na sinabi ni Jesus na "He came to this world to break the *law"   

* kung anumang law yang tinutukoy mo

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #2728 on: May 03, 2021 at 09:14 AM »
^I think what you're debating about is what is written in the Bible vs an interpretation of what's written.  I think that what ka tony is referring to is an interpretation of what is actually written.

Not all sects subscribe to a literal interpretation of the Bible, e.g. fundamentalists believe that the world was created in 7 days as written in the Bible.  A Baptist friend of mine says there was no debate about this because even the "original version" of the Bible (he goes on to mention an ancient text that I can't recall right now) was very clear that the day mentioned referred exactly to 24 hours.  I think the Catholic Church teaches that some of what's written in the Bible is just symbolism (don't quote me on that, though.  I was born Catholic, but I wouldn't necessarily call myself as devout).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021 at 09:24 AM by jjjeronimo »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2729 on: May 03, 2021 at 09:33 AM »
^I think what you're debating about is what is written in the Bible vs an interpretation of what's written.  I think that what ka tony is referring to is an interpretation of what is actually written.

Not all sects subscribe to a literal interpretation of the Bible, e.g. fundamentalists believe that the world was created in 7 days as written in the Bible.  A Baptist friend of mine says there was no debate about this because even the "original version" of the Bible (he goes on to mention an ancient text that I can't recall right now) was very clear that the day mentioned referred exactly to 24 hours.  I think the Catholic Church teaches that some of what's written in the Bible is just symbolism (don't quote me on that, though.  I was born Catholic, but I wouldn't necessarily call my self as devout).

when you interpret the Bible do not make it as if Jesus said said it or as if it is what Jesus said (will say). also dont qoute/use the word "JESUS SAID...(and then add your own interpration)..." kasi you just basically altering the Word of Jesus.

if you read the whole Bible... it never mentioned nor suggests that Jesus will come to this world to break the law (any types of law in the Bible - civil, religious, moral, ceremonial, etc)