Author Topic: 3d movies on htpc? how?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
3d movies on htpc? how?
« on: Jul 14, 2011 at 11:13 PM »
i have sbs movie samples.. i play them using the usb on my tv and they are fine.... depth of 3d is good..

problem is when i play them using powerdvd... there is no depth.. and there is no blurr without glasses? is there a problem with my setup?

i also have problem with movies with 2 files... how do i play movies with 2 files at the same time?

now i have power dvd..
can anyone suggest an easier to use player?

thanks

btw my setup consists of
c2d
nvidia video card
LG 3d tv
nxg active 3d glasses

thank you

Offline mojako

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 3d movies on htpc? how?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
Sir, did you enable 3D SBS sa TV?  Baka naka convert 2D to 3D lang sya.  Not sure, pero check mo na lang settings ng TV mo.

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 3d movies on htpc? how?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15, 2011 at 04:16 PM »
Hi Alvin, first thing to check is have you enabled 3D on the Nvidia control panel? If after setting this up, it has some included 3d pictures to test out. If the test is succesful in producing a 3D image, now is the time to fiddle with PowerDVD10's setup choose Nvidia 3D vision as the 3D output format then open a half SBS file or Bluray 3D. If this still doesn't work you might try PowerDVD11 or Total Media Media Theatre 3 or 5 again setting Nvidia 3D vision as the viewing environment.

If you are unable to turn on 3D on the Nvidia control panel, you will need to install the 3D vision usb IR emitter emulator hack to enable it.

With regards to the 2 left/right full SBS files you must use stereoscopic player to play them just set as viewing method - Nvidia 3D vision. I've included stereoscopic player with the 3D files I copied for you.

Hope this helps.