Author Topic: Building an HTPC / Gaming Please help.  (Read 15886 times)

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
Re: Building an HTPC / Gaming Please help.
« Reply #90 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM »
XBOX 360 / PS3 use antiquated engines, from a computing standpoint. The Xenos (360 graphics processor) is based on the R500 series (Radeon x1000 series) design, which was popular in PCs 7 years ago. The gap versus current high end PC graphics is just staggering because of the programmability and sheer processing muscle of today's hardware (packing 68x as many transistors per chip, having the ability to run multiple chips in parallel, and running at upto 3x the clock rate).

The only thing keeping current consoles alive is the amount of optimizations done on the software to look decent while running on low spec hardware (kudos to the game developers for the effort). PC gamers hate this a lot, as a lot of games do not take advantage of the capability of PC hardware because they are optimized for consoles then ported over to the PC with fairly minor tweaks and improvements.

That being said, yes. Despite being a fraction of the power of today's top end GPUs, the A10's built-in graphics (HD 7660D) still bring in capability and performance that's well ahead of current gaming consoles. You need to pair it with fast memory to deliver the goods. You can also opt to Hybrid CrossfireX it with a dedicated HD 6670 GDDR5 model for a sizeable performance improvement with some applications (AMD Dual Graphics) for 3k PhP.

Thank you sir...I'm now more confused if I'd go for I5 or A10 :) Mas makakatipid kasi ako sa A10... And dami din nagrerecommend dito and sa TPC...

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #91 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM »
Thank you sir...I'm now more confused if I'd go for I5 or A10 :) Mas makakatipid kasi ako sa A10... And dami din nagrerecommend dito and sa TPC...

The question is gaano mo ka need ang discrete GPU? If di naman problema sa iyo ang power consumption and extra na budget then get the i5.  >:D >:D >:D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM »
The question is gaano mo ka need ang discrete GPU? If di naman problema sa iyo ang power consumption and extra na budget then get the i5.  >:D >:D >:D

For gaming lang ba yung sir? Ano pa ba ibang benefits ng may discrete GPU?

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #93 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 02:25 PM »
For gaming lang ba yung sir? Ano pa ba ibang benefits ng may discrete GPU?

A few other possibilities: Multiple screens, bitstreaming audio (and, of course, multiple screens with HD audio bitstreaming), and the fact that even non-gaming applications tend to be accelerated thanks to a proc being freed up more to concentrate on non-video processing.

CONS: cost, power consumption, and the little fact that most people don't really need a discrete video card.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012 at 02:26 PM by Verbl Kint »

Offline Icermad

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 03:40 PM »
A few other possibilities: Multiple screens, bitstreaming audio (and, of course, multiple screens with HD audio bitstreaming), and the fact that even non-gaming applications tend to be accelerated thanks to a proc being freed up more to concentrate on non-video processing.

CONS: cost, power consumption, and the little fact that most people don't really need a discrete video card.

yeah..so will probably go for the AMD A10 nalang muna..pag bitin then that's the time i'll just buy a discrete video card :)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #95 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 03:55 PM »
sir saang store yang price ng 7870? ang mura...ty

As mentioned previously, sa Gaisano Interpace siya.

I so agree. Andaming nagfa-Facebook lang pero ayaw ng integrated graphics. LOL.

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #96 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 04:02 PM »

ibig bang sabihin nito eh walang  audio bitstreaming ang trinity? thanks

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #97 on: Nov 15, 2012 at 04:32 PM »
ibig bang sabihin nito eh walang  audio bitstreaming ang trinity? thanks

Meron po. Meron din multi-monitor support. HD 5000 series and up meron nyan. HD 6000 series ang nasa Llano and HD 7000 series ang nasa Trinity.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2012 at 04:36 PM by Stagea »