Author Topic: 3D Blu rays  (Read 3174 times)

Offline loft

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
3D Blu rays
« on: Aug 02, 2011 at 10:45 PM »
Hi Guys, i just want to ask if there is a big difference between regular blu rays and 3d blu rays. it seems that my tv can make a regular blu ray seem 3d.

Grateful for any feedback, it make me wonder if investing in 3d blu rays is a good idea especially if my tv can just convert the regular blu ray image into 3d.

hoping for your inputs.

Offline CARLITOCOOL

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Yo I'm Batman!
  • Liked:
Re: 3D Blu rays
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2011 at 01:37 AM »
I think what youre talking about is the feature of some TVs to convert 2D images to 3D images.

Some Samsung and LG models have this feature. I have tested it on regular 2D programs and was not impressed at all. I was watching an NBA game that time and when they converted the image to 3D it looks horrible. I mean the player's heads at some point looked like it was sort of detached from the body and watching it like that made me extremely dizzy. It looks fake.

That will also be the case when you watch bluray and convert it to 3D.

Whereas in 3D blurays, you will be able to watch it in 3D as the Director intended it to be seen. Just like in Imax 3D, just like in your regular 3D theater. 

Panasonic TH-55ST30 3D Plasma
Onkyo TX-SR608
Mission M34i
Mission MX-C2
Mission MX-1
SVS PB10 N

Offline taiguru

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 01:31 AM »
there is really a noticeable difference between a plasma/led 2D to 3D converted film from a native 3D blu-ray one, especially with their depth, which in my opinion is the most important aspect of a 3D film. I already tried this with my LG 42PW350 plasma, 3D blu-rays presents a better depth compared to the converted mks and 2D blu rays that i played. ;)
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline darkwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM »
btw where can you buy 3D BDs locally?

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2011 at 09:27 AM »
btw where can you buy 3D BDs locally?

try looking at SnS Shangrila, sa selected Astro Plus meron din especially yung malalaking branch kaso tsambahan din. Try mo din sa market place dito sa PDVD, some sellers have 3D titles. ;D
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline stealth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 08:48 PM »
there is really a noticeable difference between a plasma/led 2D to 3D converted film from a native 3D blu-ray one, especially with their depth, which in my opinion is the most important aspect of a 3D film. I already tried this with my LG 42PW350 plasma, 3D blu-rays presents a better depth compared to the converted mks and 2D blu rays that i played. ;)
Do u need a 3d bluray player to play native 3d movies? What happens if u only use a regular bluray player? How about using multimedia player to watch downloaded 3d video files? Does it have same 3d effects as watching native 3d bluray disc on ur 3DTV?

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 10:12 PM »
Do u need a 3d bluray player to play native 3d movies? What happens if u only use a regular bluray player? How about using multimedia player to watch downloaded 3d video files? Does it have same 3d effects as watching native 3d bluray disc on ur 3DTV?

Yup you need a 3D blu-ray player for native 3D movies, these 3D blu-rays won't play on a regular Blu-ray player. Using multimedia player to watch downloaded 3D files as long as your nmt can play 3D files like SBS in my opinion the effects are almost comparale to a 3D Blu-rays it will just depend on the quality of the fie you downloaded.
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline jonascal

• Apprentice
  • The love you take is equal to the love make...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2011 at 11:50 AM »
@stealth:

You may try Xtreamer Prodigy, an NMT that can play bluray 3D ISO files.
Pana58VT25-3DTV
PanaBDT100-3D
Xtreamer Prodigy 3D
Mede8er500x2
ThecusN5000
Bose5.1
Onkyo A/V

Offline andsmv

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 01:38 AM »
Kailangan b na 3D capable din ang tv? or you only need a bluray 3d player even you are using regular HD LCD's?

Offline jonascal

• Apprentice
  • The love you take is equal to the love make...
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 02:29 PM »
to play 3d bluray movies, you need to have "3d player" and a 3d capable TV.
when i say 3d player, i mean the usual 3d bluray player (i.e, Sony, Panny, Sammy, LG, etc. 3D bluray players), or NMT (mede8er, xtreamer, popcorn hour, wd, etc.). As regards NMTs, mostly plays 3d movie files in side-by-side (SBS) or over-under (OU) format only, and not ISO or (bluray) Image file. However, as I've stated, Xtreamer prodigy 3d can play sbs, ou, as well as ISO/Image files.
Pls take note also, you must use HDMI 1.4 cable to play 3D movies. anyway, this cable usually come with the package (either with the TV or the 3d player). Also, you may set BDLite = OFF, if you're having problems playing 3d movies/ISO file.
Pana58VT25-3DTV
PanaBDT100-3D
Xtreamer Prodigy 3D
Mede8er500x2
ThecusN5000
Bose5.1
Onkyo A/V