Author Topic: Any Good UPscaling DVD Player in the market now?  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Any Good UPscaling DVD Player in the market now?
« on: Aug 11, 2011 at 09:19 AM »
I've been out of the loop for quite sometime and I want a very good upscaling dvd player.

Any recommendation?

Anything south of 5K? or is it pushing too much?

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Any Good UPscaling DVD Player in the market now?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
Why buy a DVD Player......when you can get the CDR-King BluRay for 4K  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,135028.0.html
I'm using it,and it's my main DVD player hooked to a 42" LG LCD,and the upscaling is at par with my LG Bluray(bought at 9K on sale) and upscaling looks better than my Australian BAUHN (bought here at PinoyDVd at 6K, but Region free for DVD and per play modifiable for Bluray) hooked to a 32" Samsung LCD. 

Only hassle with the CDR-King is that it's region lock to Region A but is a regionfree DVD player.....but you're looking for a "Good UPscaling DVD Player in the market now?" right???  ;) ;D

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: Any Good UPscaling DVD Player in the market now?
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM »
Why buy a DVD Player......when you can get the CDR-King BluRay for 4K  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,135028.0.html
I'm using it,and it's my main DVD player hooked to a 42" LG LCD,and the upscaling is at par with my LG Bluray(bought at 9K on sale) and upscaling looks better than my Australian BAUHN (bought here at PinoyDVd at 6K, but Region free for DVD and per play modifiable for Bluray) hooked to a 32" Samsung LCD. 

Only hassle with the CDR-King is that it's region lock to Region A but is a regionfree DVD player.....but you're looking for a "Good UPscaling DVD Player in the market now?" right???  ;) ;D

Nice. Very nice.

I think this is perfect for me. A dvd player with a bonus Bluray player.

I appreciate the CDRKing player's comparisons with your other players. IT puts everything in perspective, really.

Will visit the local CDRKing to check this out.

;) Thanks, Alfie