Author Topic: Best Display Settings for Panasonic 42X30 Plasma... :)  (Read 41162 times)

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
Re: Best Display Settings for Panasonic 42X30 Plasma... :)
« Reply #180 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 08:35 AM »
Congrats on the new TV sir! :) I really think that Panasonic still is among the most consistent makers when it comes to reliability.

As for the video settings, I think they really botched the default settings on purpose to make the higher models look good and to improve power consumption numbers. I hope you do find the best balance for acceptable viewing, despite the lack of a gamma control.

Thanks sir Ivan! I am happy with it already after calibrating it initially with Avia for reference then tweaked a little more to suit my preference.  I'd leave more advanced tweaks and calibration to the higher models.  :D

I will recalibrate after 100 hours to see if there will be an improvement.  
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2012 at 08:36 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #181 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 11:36 AM »
Just bought a Panasonic 50X30S today from SnS.  Still tweaking the video settings as the color settings are reddish in color out of the box.  So far settled with tweaked Cinema settings and tamed the color a bit. 

Hope you can post your display settings boss...I've tweaked it to my preference but use the "Normal" display mode...but settings from a fellow user will always be welcome.

TIA
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 02:02 PM »
More screenshots:

« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2012 at 02:07 PM by nerveblocker »

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #183 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 02:27 PM »
What's your viewing distance on your 50X30? Ganda..I am within 8 ft of my 42x20. Ok naman sya. Im wondering if a 50 HD ready panel with the size increase with my fixed distance would give me noticeable difference like the samsung 50 i have auditioned in malls.  Parang screen door effect nakikita ko.
ALA EH!!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 02:39 PM »
Hope you can post your display settings boss...I've tweaked it to my preference but use the "Normal" display mode...but settings from a fellow user will always be welcome.

TIA

Viewing Mode cinema
Contrast 65
Brightness -10
Colour 40
Sharpness 60
Tint 0
Colour Balance Normal
Vivid Colour On
Eco Mode Off
PNR OFF

Analog TV
Normal Mode
All default except PNR to Max

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 02:52 PM »
What's your viewing distance on your 50X30? Ganda..I am within 8 ft of my 42x20. Ok naman sya. Im wondering if a 50 HD ready panel with the size increase with my fixed distance would give me noticeable difference like the samsung 50 i have auditioned in malls.  Parang screen door effect nakikita ko.

My viewing distance is also 8 feet.  The TV I replaced with the 50X30 was a 42 inch plasma.  I didn't notice much difference in PQ given the increase in size with the same distance.

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 06:31 PM »
My viewing distance is also 8 feet.  The TV I replaced with the 50X30 was a 42 inch plasma.  I didn't notice much difference in PQ given the increase in size with the same distance.

Thanks Bro. Considerable din kasi price difference between a full hd panel na plasma like the 50ut30 and st30 line vs the likes of the 50x30 and kung di naman heaven and earth PQ difference, practical din to choose the cheaper one for those that are into the hobby.

Not to be OT, what avia are you using? Cheers.
ALA EH!!

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #187 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 01:04 AM »
Thanks Bro. Considerable din kasi price difference between a full hd panel na plasma like the 50ut30 and st30 line vs the likes of the 50x30 and kung di naman heaven and earth PQ difference, practical din to choose the cheaper one for those that are into the hobby.

I'm pretty sure that you can tell the difference if you look for it, especially with good material. The big question is do you look for flaws when you're watching or do you just sit back and enjoy? If you're the nitpicking type, then it probably pays to get the best TV that you can afford. The latter types (majority of us) would likely be satisfied with a more value-oriented purchase.
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2012 at 01:06 AM by Stagea »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 04:39 AM »
Not to be OT, what avia are you using? Cheers.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 04:47 AM »
I'm pretty sure that you can tell the difference if you look for it, especially with good material. The big question is do you look for flaws when you're watching or do you just sit back and enjoy? If you're the nitpicking type, then it probably pays to get the best TV that you can afford. The latter types (majority of us) would likely be satisfied with a more value-oriented purchase.

It really depends on your use.  This is for a bedroom setup where most of the time analog TV is the most viewed material.  Even full HD panels wouldn't give any added benefit to this source.  Much more buying an LCD or LED of the same size.  I view occasional MKVs from my HTPC which can render very good PQ even on an HD ready plasma panel. 

I have a full HD PJ (Epson 8350) in another room for critical viewing of BDs and other HD source material.   ;)

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #190 on: Jul 06, 2012 at 11:29 AM »
Viewing Mode cinema
Contrast 65
Brightness -10
Colour 40
Sharpness 60
Tint 0
Colour Balance Normal
Vivid Colour On
Eco Mode Off
PNR OFF

Analog TV
Normal Mode
All default except PNR to Max

Salamat boss
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline psychro

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #191 on: Nov 19, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
Sir, how to setup sa analog cable. di ko kasi makuha mga channels ng maayos. May HD box ako pero plan 499 + revo pak , gusto ko sna mag split para makuha yung ibang channels ng sky. tnx

Offline D@VE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Dec 27, 2012 at 07:09 PM »
mga sir mga magkano aproximate bill sa kuryente ng Panasonic 42X30 kung gagamitin ng 12hrs a day..

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #193 on: Dec 27, 2012 at 07:50 PM »
mga sir mga magkano aproximate bill sa kuryente ng Panasonic 42X30 kung gagamitin ng 12hrs a day..

using the meralco app on my blackberry, assuming the 42x30 consumes 200watts, if you use it 12 hours for each day of the month, it will cost you P808.57 or P2.4 per hour.

Offline backdraft

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #194 on: Dec 28, 2012 at 07:22 PM »
My rarely used 42x30 just died. Bigla na lang namatay and won't power on na. I just bought it october last year. Kamalas nga naman. Bihira pang magamit parang once a week lang.

I had it checked up. It's either the power supply or the main board na. Any idea how much damage nito? Is it better to buy a new one.

TSK TSK TSK!!!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Dec 28, 2012 at 07:31 PM »
My rarely used 42x30 just died. Bigla na lang namatay and won't power on na. I just bought it october last year. Kamalas nga naman. Bihira pang magamit parang once a week lang.

I had it checked up. It's either the power supply or the main board na. Any idea how much damage nito? Is it better to buy a new one.

TSK TSK TSK!!!

Kung mga power supply yan around P6-7k.  Good that you were able to use it for more than a year. Ako less than a month lang ang 42x50 ko coz It developed a spider crack due to misuse.  Cost of the repair...P20k wala pang labor yan.  Pamapalubag loob lang.

Offline backdraft

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #196 on: Dec 28, 2012 at 08:25 PM »
Kung mga power supply yan around P6-7k.  Good that you were able to use it for more than a year. Ako less than a month lang ang 42x50 ko coz It developed a spider crack due to misuse.  Cost of the repair...P20k wala pang labor yan.  Pamapalubag loob lang.

at least sayo doc may warranty pa?? hehe. 6-7K?!?! sana ganun lang kaso labor around P1.6k!!!

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Dec 29, 2012 at 02:32 AM »
at least sayo doc may warranty pa?? hehe. 6-7K?!?! sana ganun lang kaso labor around P1.6k!!!

Sad to say cracks in the panel aren't covered by warranty.  I now have a 42 inch paperweight lying around.

Offline 2ndhandman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Apr 18, 2013 at 09:22 AM »
Hindi naman bago ang Panasonic 42x30 ko, last year ko pa binili (April 2013). Kaya lang ngayon lang na-approve ang membership ko dito, siguro kasi ang username ko ay "2ndhandman." Baka akala ng moderator ay trader ako...hehehe. Nagkataon lang na puro 2ndhand ang DSLR na gamit ko kaya ganun ang username ko...hahaha.

Anyway, dito una akong nagbasa ng reviews ng 42x30 bago ko binili as gift to my wife last year. After 1 year watching on the plasma ang masasabi ko lang ay hindi na ako nanonood ng movies sa sinehan. Hahaha...gandang manood lalo na at naka-set-up ng home theater.