Author Topic: Best Display Settings for Panasonic 42X30 Plasma... :)  (Read 41116 times)

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3200)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2689
Re: Best Display Settings for Panasonic 42X30 Plasma... :)
« Reply #90 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 06:42 PM »
me break in period ba ito na first 100 hours?
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Pau_D_Mann

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Guru
  • If It Sounds Good To You..... :)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #91 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 06:54 PM »
me break in period ba ito na first 100 hours?

according sa nabasa ko sa isang forum...

latest models of Panasonic Plasma ay hindi na kailangan ng 100hrs of break-in period

dahil may built-in automatic pantanggal ng image retention... :)

hope it helps a bit..hehe :)
Cayin 55TP + Cayin CD50T + B&W 685 + Rega RP3 + Musiland 01 + Sabre Praetor + Lovan Rack

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3200)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2689
« Reply #92 on: Oct 18, 2011 at 07:13 PM »
according sa nabasa ko sa isang forum...

latest models of Panasonic Plasma ay hindi na kailangan ng 100hrs of break-in period

dahil may built-in automatic pantanggal ng image retention... :)

hope it helps a bit..hehe :)

so assuming kukuha ako nito sir, pag open ko iset ko na sa settings na gusto ko ayos na? ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Pau_D_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 11:15 AM »
so assuming kukuha ako nito sir, pag open ko iset ko na sa settings na gusto ko ayos na? ;D

naka set na po sya automatically.... :)

not sure pero yung sa akin kc pag tingin ko sa settings naka set ng automatic...hehe

cheers!... :)
Cayin 55TP + Cayin CD50T + B&W 685 + Rega RP3 + Musiland 01 + Sabre Praetor + Lovan Rack

Offline cryptile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #94 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 06:50 PM »
Just got my x30 last week and enjoying it. Don't be so paranoid about image retention and burn in and enjoy your tv as your older crt tv. Ika nga, you already have a new model the time you'll see burn in.. This model is rated 100,000 hours to half life.. "Imba" ;D ;D ;D ALso, almost all forums i've read says that panasonic plasmas are the best when it comes to handling image retention and burn in (samsung 2nd, and Lg last)

Offline Pau_D_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 11:40 AM »
Just got my x30 last week and enjoying it. Don't be so paranoid about image retention and burn in and enjoy your tv as your older crt tv. Ika nga, you already have a new model the time you'll see burn in.. This model is rated 100,000 hours to half life.. "Imba" ;D ;D ;D ALso, almost all forums i've read says that panasonic plasmas are the best when it comes to handling image retention and burn in (samsung 2nd, and Lg last)

Congratz Brader.... :)

cheers!... :)

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #96 on: Oct 22, 2011 at 02:28 AM »
It's great a lot of you guys are enjoying your X30!

I've been very busy, hence my inability to answer PM's of late...

Here are some of the recurring questions and my answers

1)Does the X30 need a break-in?

The break-in is not all essential but it's still something I recommend. A hundred hours go by very quickly anyway.

2)Do "break-ins" prevent Image Retention?

No, they don't, but as your panel ages, the "stuck" images fizzle out faster.

3)The X30 is 720p, so how could it be "better" than most 1080p LCD/LED

Let's put it this way, the only thing some LCD or LED panels have over this plasma is resolution. And that's  not enough to roll a better number from a dice. What the X30 lacks in the resolution department, it makes up for it with better contrast and color saturation.

I'm in love with plasma but I don't want to be a blind sided fanboy. There are also a number of LCD/LED models we've tested that clearly drown the X30! Samsung Smart series 6, the Sony NX720 and hell yeah... my new favorite TV...The Sharp Quatron! But for a 42 inch TV under 30k? My oh my! One should not even complain :)

4)Do you recommend the X30 for gaming?

Yeah sure! Use it for games! But if you'll play long hours do stay on the safe side and keep contrast to about 50% and mix gaming with other content.

5)Your test setting for this TV?

We test TVs in a pitch black environment, so it's always in "cinema" mode. Cinema in my experience with plasma (PV70/80/PY800/C10/G11/V20) almost always bring a more natural color and hardly crush blacks.

I'll look at our X30 later within the day then post em here.

6)Best plasma models you've had?

Not in any particular order...C10,PV80 and V20 :D

Be blessed,
Carlo777

« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2011 at 02:38 AM by Carlo777 »

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 608
« Reply #97 on: Oct 23, 2011 at 05:42 PM »

6)Best plasma models you've had?

Not in any particular order...C10,PV80 and V20 :D

I noticed the trend had been towards cost and ecology for the entry level Panasonic TVs. They've taken out the AR coating in the plasma models, and had reduced the default brightness and contrast levels in both plasmas and lcds. This way, a newer TV with the same panel and/or backlight design can quote lower power consumption, while possibly costing less to make (at least for the PDP models). Colors have shifted towards more green (which our eyes are more sensitive too) and blue (giving a heightened perception of brightness), presumably to allow for lower drive levels.

What limits people from adjusting the brightness in most cases (in case they care more about PQ than power consumption) is the fact that the lower model Panasonics don't have a readily accessible gamma adjustment. Panasonic chooses a relatively low gamma for its entry level models, and increasing the brightness just worsens this.

I have Panasonic TVs, and this maker does build good TVs. I'm just not convinced with the direction that they seem to be taking with these models. I like the fact that they're able to bring the cost down (and pass it on to the consumers) and I truly welcome the greener credentials, but I don't want to sacrifice image quality to achieve those numbers. I'm not sure if they're doing this as a part of their corporate responsibility, or to compare well against their competitors when it comes to quoted consumption levels (perhaps both).

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Oct 24, 2011 at 12:14 AM »
I noticed the trend had been towards cost and ecology for the entry level Panasonic TVs. They've taken out the AR coating in the plasma models, and had reduced the default brightness and contrast levels in both plasmas and lcds. This way, a newer TV with the same panel and/or backlight design can quote lower power consumption, while possibly costing less to make (at least for the PDP models). Colors have shifted towards more green (which our eyes are more sensitive too) and blue (giving a heightened perception of brightness), presumably to allow for lower drive levels.

What limits people from adjusting the brightness in most cases (in case they care more about PQ than power consumption) is the fact that the lower model Panasonics don't have a readily accessible gamma adjustment. Panasonic chooses a relatively low gamma for its entry level models, and increasing the brightness just worsens this.

I have Panasonic TVs, and this maker does build good TVs. I'm just not convinced with the direction that they seem to be taking with these models. I like the fact that they're able to bring the cost down (and pass it on to the consumers) and I truly welcome the greener credentials, but I don't want to sacrifice image quality to achieve those numbers. I'm not sure if they're doing this as a part of their corporate responsibility, or to compare well against their competitors when it comes to quoted consumption levels (perhaps both).

Same here, that's why after the Panasonic C10, newer entry level models (though still quite good) don't give me so much of that "wow" effect the same way the PV70 or the PV80 did.

In all honesty, those who do have older models should stick to their guns unless power consumption is a big deal.

Anyway, I got a lot of requests to review the 2011 FULLHD U30, I'm holding it off in the meantime because it was a bit disappointing.

« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2011 at 12:16 AM by Carlo777 »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Oct 24, 2011 at 05:27 PM »
Same here, that's why after the Panasonic C10, newer entry level models (though still quite good) don't give me so much of that "wow" effect the same way the PV70 or the PV80 did.

In all honesty, those who do have older models should stick to their guns unless power consumption is a big deal.
Amen! :) They've been rehashing the same tech and cutting costs in the process. Luckily, the reduction in price per generation is greater than the reduction in PQ (imho) -- thus ending up with good price/performance.

Anyway, I got a lot of requests to review the 2011 FULLHD U30, I'm holding it off in the meantime because it was a bit disappointing.

I think I know what you mean. ;)

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #100 on: Oct 25, 2011 at 05:41 AM »
thanks for the informative comments here, this really make me think not to replace my 42c10 yet and just save enough money to purchase a 50" plasma (hopefully full hd) as i am not really in the 3d bandwagon yet.

Offline rafurap

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Oct 25, 2011 at 06:53 AM »

May I know why you're disappointed with the P50U30K?

Offline phase1youth

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Nov 04, 2011 at 10:20 AM »
ayos ba maglaro ng ps3 using this tv? thinking of getting this for gaming.... kaso heard plasmas are bad as console TVs

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Nov 04, 2011 at 02:08 PM »
ayos ba maglaro ng ps3 using this tv? thinking of getting this for gaming.... kaso heard plasmas are bad as console TVs

If you don't use it purely for gaming (say 50:50 with TV viewing), walang kaso. But if you play the same game over and over again (or for extended periods), you'd get pretty bad image retention.

Offline rafurap

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Nov 04, 2011 at 05:24 PM »
hi,

May I know why you're disappointed with U30K?

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 01:08 AM »
hi,

May I know why you're disappointed with U30K?

Don't get me wrong the U30 is a good model...it's just that for a 2011 model, it does not seem to live up to the performance of our 2009 G11 and the 2010 V20. Sure it's not a neo-pdp panel plasma, but the colors and over-all "pop" seems to look just like last years U20.

The VT30 though, is what's getting us excited.

Offline phase1youth

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 10:20 AM »
yun lang... hehe pero max ko yata maglaro ng PS3 is 2-3 hours then pahinga... ok lang ba yun dito?

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 01:47 PM »
yun lang... hehe pero max ko yata maglaro ng PS3 is 2-3 hours then pahinga... ok lang ba yun dito?

Oo naman tsip!

Offline XmetaL

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 04:55 PM »
coming from a 50X20...is the 50X30 a good upgrade? is it worth it?

or should i try the samsung 51" PS51D450 Plasma 3D?

yes i still have my PV80 in another room...still better than the newer versions with regards to PQ and reflectiveness  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2011 at 11:29 PM by XmetaL »

Offline reybossing

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 05:37 PM »
kakabili lang ako ngaun nang panasonic plasma 42x30... ganda maski inside door antenna maganda pictures...sulit na toh

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 07:03 PM »
coming from a 50X20...is the 50X30 a good upgrade? is it worth it?

or should i try the samsung 51" PS51D450 Plasma 3D?

yes i still have my PV80 in another room...still better than the newer with the newer versions with regards to PQ and reflectiveness  ;)

As Carlo mentioned, the X30 and the U30 models are for the most part just redressed X20 and U20 models. They are almost exactly the same in terms of image quality. The reflectivity, color balance and gamma of the predecessors were largely carried over.

I think it's the PS51D490 that displays 3D content. If 3D matters to you, then this model would likely appeal to you.

Offline number1

• Collector
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 07:12 PM »
kakabili lang ako ngaun nang panasonic plasma 42x30... ganda maski inside door antenna maganda pictures...sulit na toh

Curious what is your viewing distance fr the unit to yourself, when you were viewing using antenna?

Offline reybossing

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 07:46 AM »
about 5ft-6ft

Offline reybossing

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 07:49 AM »
help me pls i just bought pana 42x30 and its great...can anybody help how or what i will do to have a good surroud music..i have a kenwood speakers...what will i do or ano pa bibilhin ko to have a surround music...yun mura lang po

Offline phase1youth

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 09:23 AM »
@Carlo777

thanks for the inputs sir. Im getting this once i receive my bonus hehe pero hindi naman kaya magka image retention to with playing PS3?

Offline bosschix

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 10:29 AM »
@Carlo777

thanks for the inputs sir. Im getting this once i receive my bonus hehe pero hindi naman kaya magka image retention to with playing PS3?
sir basta plasma asahan mo may image retention,ginawa ko sa 42x30 ko while playing nba 2k12(scoreboard ir) yung contrast sa game mode is 50 and max playing time ko 2hrs hehehe

Offline reybossing

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 01:08 PM »

help me pls i just bought pana 42x30 and its great...can anybody help how or what i will do to have a good surroud music..i have a kenwood speakers...what will i do or ano pa bibilhin ko to have a surround music...yun mura lang po..........help me

Offline number1

• Collector
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 09:12 PM »
help me pls i just bought pana 42x30 and its great...can anybody help how or what i will do to have a good surroud music..i have a kenwood speakers...what will i do or ano pa bibilhin ko to have a surround music...yun mura lang po..........help me

This is off topic.

If you dont have one yet, you need to get an AVR (audio video receiver) with either 5.1 or 7.1 channels. You also need to get a center speaker, which will have problems with a smooth crossover with your kenwood speakers (bec. they would be of diff brands.) . Lastly you need to decide how many back speakers (or surrounds do you need/want). 

Offline reybossing

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 08:07 AM »

This is off topic.

If you dont have one yet, you need to get an AVR (audio video receiver) with either 5.1 or 7.1 channels. You also need to get a center speaker, which will have problems with a smooth crossover with your kenwood speakers (bec. they would be of diff brands.) . Lastly you need to decide how many back speakers (or surrounds do you need/want)...................WHAT IS A CENTER SPEAKER

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked: