Author Topic: 3D NMT player  (Read 11744 times)

Offline taiguru

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
3D NMT player
« on: Aug 17, 2011 at 11:00 PM »
anyone has a 3D nmt player and had tried playing 3D files with it? what brand/model are you using? is it comparable from the depth of 3D blu-ray players?

thanks! ;D
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Re: 3D NMT player
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 08:30 AM »
My good friend in Manila has the PCH-A210 paired with that new passive tech 47" LG47LW5700.  Gumagana daw lahat ng 3D files that I shared with him but I never got the chance to see for myself. (Half-SBS and TAB mkvs only - didnt give him Frame Sequential because the 3D TV is passive nga).

As he described, the 3D image daw is supposed to be "downscaled" to 540p pero hindi daw mahalata ang lower res because yung depth ang nangingibabaw pag nanonood.  I was totally intrigued pero wala nga akong chance makita how such 3D image looks.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2011 at 09:19 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 02:41 PM »
My good friend in Manila has the PCH-A210 paired with that new passive tech 47" LG47LW5700.  Gumagana daw lahat ng 3D files that I shared with him but I never got the chance to see for myself. (Half-SBS and TAB mkvs only - didnt give him Frame Sequential because the 3D TV is passive nga).

As he described, the 3D image daw is supposed to be "downscaled" to 540p pero hindi daw mahalata ang lower res because yung depth ang nangingibabaw pag nanonood.  I was totally intrigued pero wala nga akong chance makita how such 3D image looks.

thank you for sharing this one sir,.;D if ever you'll get the chance to try it yourself, balitaan niyo naman po ako dito ;D I'm planning to upgrade my nmt player to a 3D one pero before doing that gusto ko munang makakuha ng reviews/feedbacks since my current nmt player works really fine hindi nga lang 3D capable.
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 03:16 PM »
thank you for sharing this one sir,.;D if ever you'll get the chance to try it yourself, balitaan niyo naman po ako dito ;D I'm planning to upgrade my nmt player to a 3D one pero before doing that gusto ko munang makakuha ng reviews/feedbacks since my current nmt player works really fine hindi nga lang 3D capable.

Actually, I'm wondering if all you need is a 3DTV because through the TV itself, you can manually switch to 3D or 2D mode anytime - and then selectable pa siguro yung 3D mode (SBS, TAB, FS, etc.).

If I understand correctly, what the PCH-210 simply does is to send the signal to the TV to automatically switch to the appropriate 3D mode.   Current gen NMTs are not likely capable of combining 2x2D images together to form a single 3D one.   So if your current player can play and display SBS as side by side images or TAB as top and bottom images (which is exactly what my PCH-200/210 does when connected to a 2D TV), there's a good chance that you simply need to switch your 3DTV to 3D mode.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2011 at 03:17 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 03:27 PM »
Actually, I'm wondering if all you need is a 3DTV because through the TV itself, you can manually switch to 3D or 2D mode anytime - and then selectable pa siguro yung 3D mode (SBS, TAB, FS, etc.).

If I understand correctly, what the PCH-210 simply does is to send the signal to the TV to automatically switch to the appropriate 3D mode.   Current gen NMTs are not likely capable of combining 2x2D images together to form a single 3D one.   So if your current player can play and display SBS as side by side images or TAB as top and bottom images (which is exactly what my PCH-200/210 does when connected to a 2D TV), there's a good chance that you simply need to switch your 3DTV to 3D mode.

i see, i hope this also works with my current NMT, may idea po ba kayo if A.C.Ryan essential and WD TV 2nd gen can play these kinds of formats (SBS, TAB, FS, etc.)? ;D
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 03:50 PM »
i see, i hope this also works with my current NMT, may idea po ba kayo if A.C.Ryan essential and WD TV 2nd gen can play these kinds of formats (SBS, TAB, FS, etc.)? ;D

No idea about AC Ryan.  Sayang I forgot to test my Mede8er on 3D stuff.  If any Realtek player can do it, other Realtek-based makes should be able to, unless palpak ang FW.   WDTV I think is Sigma based but I haven't tried that player yet.

Anyway, try to get any half-SBS or half TAB MKVs or BD-ISOs and see for yourself.  As long as it's a single file in MKV container or BD-ISO and HALF-HALF (SBS, TTB) lang ang resolution, I expect any player to be able to play it unless super palpak ang FW.  Pero yung literally 2 files na left and right, hindi kaya yon ng NMT 1000% percent - you need a stereoscopic player for those types of 3D files.  Hindi rin kaya ang FULL SBS dahil bitin sa processing power ang mga NMT.   In any case, I expect a standalone hardware player to be more powerful and capable than the built-in player (via USB) of any 3DTV.

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 03:55 PM »
No idea about AC Ryan.  Sayang I forgot to test my Mede8er on 3D stuff.  If any Realtek player can do it, other Realtek-based makes should be able to, unless palpak ang FW.   WDTV I think is Sigma based but I haven't tried that player yet.

Anyway, try to get any half-SBS or half TAB MKVs or BD-ISOs and see for yourself.  As long as it's a single file in MKV container or BD-ISO and HALF-HALF (SBS, TTB) lang ang resolution, I expect any player to be able to play it unless super palpak ang FW.  Pero yung literally 2 files na left and right, hindi kaya yon ng NMT 1000% percent - you need a stereoscopic player for those types of 3D files.  Hindi rin kaya ang FULL SBS dahil bitin sa processing power ang mga NMT.   In any case, I expect a standalone hardware player to be more powerful and capable than the built-in player (via USB) of any 3DTV.

noted sir, I'll try to get those kinds of mkv formats and try them out on my current NMTs, I'm hope magwork din saken ;D thanks a lot sir! ;D
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline apollorod

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 12:13 AM »
a-200 subok ko na sa 3D PJ set up (basta SBS and TAB format), for me quality/depth is better than 3D in cinema (but depends also on how the 3D movie was made). So far, avatar is the best. If I'm correct it was filmed using 3D cameras. IMO, other movies are just released in 3D but still renders far better depth compared to 2D converted by 3DTV to 3D.

i believe a-200 will render same 3D quality to now increasing brands and models of plasma, lcd or led 3DTVs.

i hope frame sequential format will also work with a-200. I guess this format is better than SBS and TAB.

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM »
a-200 subok ko na sa 3D PJ set up (basta SBS and TAB format), for me quality/depth is better than 3D in cinema (but depends also on how the 3D movie was made). So far, avatar is the best. If I'm correct it was filmed using 3D cameras. IMO, other movies are just released in 3D but still renders far better depth compared to 2D converted by 3DTV to 3D.

i believe a-200 will render same 3D quality to now increasing brands and models of plasma, lcd or led 3DTVs.

i hope frame sequential format will also work with a-200. I guess this format is better than SBS and TAB.

thanks for your reply sir, are you using the latest firmware of PCH? I'm going to try the suggestion of sir Clondalkin to my current NMTs, if ever na hindi magwork, number one on my upgrade options is a PCH NMT.
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 12:59 AM »

You are right for half SBS and half TAB mkv files they can play on any NMT device because these are just  1080p files. You just need to set the 3D mode of your TV to SBS or TAB.

The 3D BD ISOs can't be played via NMT you will need a standalone 3D bluray player or HTPC with supported video cards.

You are right also for 2 left/right (1920x1080) files and full SBS (3840x1080) only way is stereoscopic player.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 09:22 AM »

Try mo yung Alice In Wonderland Visa na frame sequential. The A200 plays it and displays the image on my 2D HDTV as blurred overlapping images.  I guess it works.  hehehe

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM »
Try mo yung Alice In Wonderland Visa na frame sequential. The A200 plays it and displays the image on my 2D HDTV as blurred overlapping images.  I guess it works.  hehehe

Sir Alan, saan mo nakuha yun Alice in Wonderland na frame sequential and madami na bang releases na ganitong format?

Thanks.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 10:34 AM »
Sir Alan, saan mo nakuha yun Alice in Wonderland na frame sequential and madami na bang releases na ganitong format?

Sa aking usual na kaban.  hehehe.  Vista encode, about 11GB released around May 2011.  Yun lang ata ang nakita kong frame sequential 3D in MKV recently.  Parang naging de facto standard ang half-SBS due to hardware limitations.

Regards!

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 11:09 AM »
Sa aking usual na kaban.  hehehe.  Vista encode, about 11GB released around May 2011.  Yun lang ata ang nakita kong frame sequential 3D in MKV recently.  Parang naging de facto standard ang half-SBS due to hardware limitations.

Regards!

Kaya nga ako nagtanong kasi I don't remember seeing much frame sequential 3D files available. Tama ka naging defacto format yun half SBS because it's the most supported 3D format now pero marami na rin nagrequest ng TAB version because in theory mas bagay sa passive technolgy ng LG (yun horizontal lines). Natest mo na passive dyan sa Japan. I haven't had the chance to test it here dahil sa mga appliances stores dito walang demo ang LG yun Samsung lang meron to think na mas mahal ang active glasses ayaw pa maglagay ng demo unit ng passive glasses.

Thanks.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #14 on: Aug 20, 2011 at 12:49 AM »
San bang appliance store  na medjo friendly i can test my NMT 3d capability?  kahit magkunwari akong bibili kahit hindi :)

I just got an NMT with 2D to 3D conversion so i havent got a clue if its any good.i got the 3D option for the heck of it since liit lang dagdag, comes with 2 buck ugly glasses pero what the h&ck.

I have a LED tv na hindi 3D, pero gusto ko subukan. passive yung glasses that came with the NMT, naalala ko tuloy si the fly kasi ang weird talaga nung itsura nung glasses.

toy

Offline apollorod

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2011 at 08:22 AM »
thanks for your reply sir, are you using the latest firmware of PCH? I'm going to try the suggestion of sir Clondalkin to my current NMTs, if ever na hindi magwork, number one on my upgrade options is a PCH NMT.

yes

Offline apollorod

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2011 at 08:31 AM »

yung frame sequential in ISO na try mo na?
yung 3D BDMV or BD3D na try mo na din?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 20, 2011 at 07:41 PM »
yung frame sequential in ISO na try mo na?
yung 3D BDMV or BD3D na try mo na din?

3D (Full) Bluray in BDMV or ISO?  I totally doubt if any NMT can handle that.   The A200/A210 gets stuck on that rotating light that indicates the A200/A210 is trying to read and interpret the data.   Pero nothing happens and the A200/A210 itself does not hang no matter how much time you try to read the 3D Bluray because if you press STOP, the player goes back to the file list.

Swemux makes BD3D in MKV pero separate left and right files din so hindi puede sa NMT. 

Offline apollorod

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
3D (Full) Bluray in BDMV or ISO?  I totally doubt if any NMT can handle that.   The A200/A210 gets stuck on that rotating light that indicates the A200/A210 is trying to read and interpret the data.   Pero nothing happens and the A200/A210 itself does not hang no matter how much time you try to read the 3D Bluray because if you press STOP, the player goes back to the file list.

Swemux makes BD3D in MKV pero separate left and right files din so hindi puede sa NMT. 

ah okay, so na try mo na pala, di lang gumana.
sige, mkv SBS & TAB muna for now.
baka sa susunod na firmware update, magawa na.

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #19 on: Aug 24, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
ah okay, so na try mo na pala, di lang gumana.
sige, mkv SBS & TAB muna for now.
baka sa susunod na firmware update, magawa na.

Don't count on a firmware fix.

The Sigma 864x can't output 2 x 1080p video tracks simulatenously which in a nutshell what full 3D is (1 1080p stream for each eye).

MKV SBS and TAB are 2 x 720p video streams kaya the chip can handle it.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Aug 30, 2011 at 08:14 AM »
Hi firestorm.  Finally got the chance to spend about an hour on LG's passive tech 3D.   There's only one model available in Tokyo and it's the full HD LW5700 series.

General impressions on 3D.  MAGALING.  Mild sa mata. MALIWANAG. The glass is really comfortable and light and comes in 3 options.  And best of all, price is lower than that of Panasonic, Sharp and Sony.  Lasing pa ako kagabi and it was like 9pm already but I comfortably managed to stare at it until closing time of 10pm without eye fatigue and hilo.    Based on specs, there's supposed to be no flickering and crosstalk issues compared to active shutter glass but those problems are mostly due to low batt.   Effective viewing angle is rather wide as advertised BUT if your eye level is higher than the TV, problem because of the FPR tech.  So as long as the elevation of the 3D is within the right height relative to your eyelevel, you can sit as wide as you have to - you lose some contrast of course because it's an LED/LCD TV.  The most impressive image characteristic I feel is the brightness level - very nice clarity even under overly bright store lights - lalo na kung living room conditions.

Based on the technical explanations of LG's FPR - Film Patterned Retarder (the gist of passive tech 3D) mukha ngang mas suitable ang TAB, but since there is option to select the 3D mode, SBS should not be a problem.  And amazingly, kahit tipong hinahati ng FPR ang vertical resolution (horizontal lines of resolution) into half - which would be 1080/2 = 540p per eye, parang hindi issue especially if the quality of the 3D content itself is high.

KASO, I find it rather strange that LG is marketing it's cool 3D tech coupled with a rather maintream-grade 2D feature set.  Very very vanilla 2D features.  Ang layo ng specs sa high-end dedicated 2D sets of LG.

So palaisipan eto because with the likes of Panasonic, Sharp and Sony, you get their very best 2D tech bundled with active shutter type 3D.  With the LG, you get what is arguably the healthiest 3D tech at this juncture bundled with a REGULAR 2D TV.   Oh well.  Pero since the price is good and the 3D tech is as effective yet more comfortable than other options, the LG 3D is indeed quite enticing especially kung marami nang 3D contents..

... marami na rin nagrequest ng TAB version because in theory mas bagay sa passive technolgy ng LG (yun horizontal lines). Natest mo na passive dyan sa Japan. I haven't had the chance to test it here dahil sa mga appliances stores dito walang demo ang LG yun Samsung lang meron to think na mas mahal ang active glasses ayaw pa maglagay ng demo unit ng passive glasses.

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2011 at 08:22 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Aug 30, 2011 at 10:13 AM »
Hi firestorm.  Finally got the chance to spend about an hour on LG's passive tech 3D.   There's only one model available in Tokyo and it's the full HD LW5700 series.

General impressions on 3D.  MAGALING.  Mild sa mata. MALIWANAG. The glass is really comfortable and light and comes in 3 options.  And best of all, price is lower than that of Panasonic, Sharp and Sony.  Lasing pa ako kagabi and it was like 9pm already but I comfortably managed to stare at it until closing time of 10pm without eye fatigue and hilo.    Based on specs, there's supposed to be no flickering and crosstalk issues compared to active shutter glass but those problems are mostly due to low batt.   Effective viewing angle is rather wide as advertised BUT if your eye level is higher than the TV, problem because of the FPR tech.  So as long as the elevation of the 3D is within the right height relative to your eyelevel, you can sit as wide as you have to - you lose some contrast of course because it's an LED/LCD TV.  The most impressive image characteristic I feel is the brightness level - very nice clarity even under overly bright store lights - lalo na kung living room conditions.

KASO, I find it rather strange that LG is marketing it's cool 3D tech coupled with a rather maintream-grade 2D feature set.  Very very vanilla 2D features.  Ang layo ng specs sa high-end dedicated 2D sets of LG.

So palaisipan eto because with the likes of Panasonic, Sharp and Sony, you get their very best 2D tech bundled with active shutter type 3D.  With the LG, you get what is arguably the healthiest 3D tech at this juncture bundled with a REGULAR 2D TV.   Oh well.  Pero since the price is good and the 3D tech is as effective yet more comfortable than other options, the LG 3D is indeed quite enticing especially kung marami nang 3D contents..

It's good na try mo na. I still haven't been able to try it I only saw 1 store who had the glasses but it was under lock & key and the sales rep wasn't there. How I wish they would just try a wire around the glasses just like what samsung does and let the people pick it up and demo it themselves. Ang mura lang naman ng passive glasses.

Anong 2D specs ang nawala sa model na ito compared sa other brands?

It's mild because of the no flickering associated with active moving parts and light because no built in battery. Brightness level is always an issue when wearing 3D glasses so that's the main advantage of an LCD/LED display compared sa Plasma. But I think the real advantage of passive over active tech now is the cheaper way of getting 3D into your homes especially if you have 5 or more people watching. Active glasses now are around 50 to 60 while passive costs about 7. That LG TV already bundles 4 pairs I think.

Ang wish ko for LG is to release the FPR tech on a 23-24 inch PC monitor para sa 3D gaming. You need to spend 550-600 now for a 120hz monitor and Nvidia 3D vision bundle. I know they can do this because they will be releasing a 3D FPR equipped laptop.

Magkano ang LG LW5700 dyan?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2011 at 10:31 AM by firestorm »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Aug 30, 2011 at 02:04 PM »
Dito sa Tokyo katakot takot na passive glasses are attached to flexible wires and then meron din un-attached for those who want to try to position farther and at acute angles. Puede ko ngang i-bulsa yung passive glass kung gusto ko..hehehe..hindi naman mukhang mamahalin yung demo glasses – napaka-simple but fully functional.

2D specs na wala compared to the better LGs 2Ds
Full Array LED Backlighting – Edge Lit LED lang ang LW5700
Nano Full LED Panel – Regular LED Panel lang ang LW5700 with the proprietary FPR layer on top
240/280 Block LED Micro Pixel Contrast Control  - 16 Block Contrast Control lang ang LW5700
Contrast Ratio 10M:1 – 5M:1 ang LW5700
Trumotion 480 or Trumotion 240 – Trumotion 120 lang ang LW5700 - You know that Soap Opera look thingy.

Yung top of the line 2D LGs should be comparable to the top of the line Panasonics, Sonys and Sharps in terms of specs, kaso nga, those Japanese makers have 3D functionality on their best TVs.

SUBALIT, I also have a model 2009 full HD LG – the 32LG50.  And it’s actually quite good especially when you tweak with the manual picture controls. Maganda and kulay.  Ibebenta ko na sana because nobody was using since my wife’s desktop conked out, then during my last vacation, I decided to connect to Skycable digibox and the Mede8er – Pretty Nice!  Hehehe – the newer LGs should even be better in terms of 2D image quality I suppose.  Hence I guess the 2D quality of the LW5700 should be OK – but just note that there are better LGs.

The increased brightness of the LG 3D is quite apparent because of its new Light Boost feature.  It’s definitely brighter compared to that of other LCD/LED makes like Sony and Sharp.

Mag-invest ka na rin lang sa 3D in case, just go for at least the 32LW5700 although lower ang grade ng panel ng 32 incher compared to its 42 and 47 inch siblings.  Price is about the equivalent of 75K pesos for the 47 incher and 50K for the 42 incher in Tokyo.  - could be cheaper outside Japan because of the strong Yen.

Oh yeah, it’s about time that you invest on a PCH-A210 too.  Hehehe.  Masyadong mabagal and mabusisi ang HTPC.  Half-SBS and TAB are good enough kahit hindi stereoscopic.  Hehehe.

It's good na try mo na. I still haven't been able to try it I only saw 1 store who had the glasses but it was under lock & key and the sales rep wasn't there. How I wish they would just try a wire around the glasses just like what samsung does and let the people pick it up and demo it themselves. Ang mura lang naman ng passive glasses.

Anong 2D specs ang nawala sa model na ito compared sa other brands?

It's mild because of the no flickering associated with active moving parts and light because no built in battery. Brightness level is always an issue when wearing 3D glasses so that's the main advantage of an LCD/LED display compared sa Plasma. But I think the real advantage of passive over active tech now is the cheaper way of getting 3D into your homes especially if you have 5 or more people watching. Active glasses now are around 50 to 60 while passive costs about 7. That LG TV already bundles 4 pairs I think.

Ang wish ko for LG is to release the FPR tech on a 23-24 inch PC monitor para sa 3D gaming. You need to spend 550-600 now for a 120hz monitor and Nvidia 3D vision bundle. I know they can do this because they will be releasing a 3D FPR equipped laptop.

Magkano ang LG LW5700 dyan?

Thanks.

Online raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #23 on: Aug 30, 2011 at 05:36 PM »
Xtreamer Prodigy claims to be a 3D HD media player

http://www.xtreamer.net/xtreamer-prodigy-upgraded/
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Aug 30, 2011 at 07:22 PM »
Mag-invest ka na rin lang sa 3D in case, just go for at least the 32LW5700 although lower ang grade ng panel ng 32 incher compared to its 42 and 47 inch siblings.  Price is about the equivalent of 75K pesos for the 47 incher and 50K for the 42 incher in Tokyo.  - could be cheaper outside Japan because of the strong Yen.

Oh yeah, it’s about time that you invest on a PCH-A210 too.  Hehehe.  Masyadong mabagal and mabusisi ang HTPC.  Half-SBS and TAB are good enough kahit hindi stereoscopic.  Hehehe.

Meron palang 32LW5700 akala ko 42,47,55 lang. Pwede na yun 32 upo nalang ako closer para immersive pa rin kaya lang baka noticeable na yun horizontal lines pag malapit na.

Balak ko is just to buy 2 more pairs of DLP Link glasses to the 1 pair I ordered before and hihiramin ko nalang yun Acer PJ ng kuya ko pag manonood kami ng 3D (2 floors up lang unit nya). Hindi naman kasi ginagamit ng mga pamangkin ko for movie viewing maski meron silang dedicated HT room. They only use it sometime sa PS3 gaming sa room nila (1 year na around 70 hours usage palang).

OK lang ako sa mabagal at mabusising HTPC. Walang choice really kasi no 10K budget to buy a PCH pansin mo nga hindi na ako umorder ng hard disc sa iyo this year. Pero tama ka rin pwede na ang half-sbs and TAB compared sa L/R full SBS kumuha lang naman ako ng Swemux releases before dahil free leech sila pero lately hindi na muna ako kumukuha ng full length 3D movies mga 3D clips/demo lang.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Aug 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM »
C'mon Bro. Please tell me why you need more than one PC at home right now?  hehehe.   As a minimum, I think I only need one PC with 2 monitors and at least one Sigma NMT  - and I think we have very similar preferences as regards the quality of contents - and the corresponding hardware requirements.   Again no need for stereoscopic 3D as half-half 3Ds do suffice - and I really fancy that LG FPR 3D.   Gone were the days when I would itch for new hardware after 2 years of usage.  My workhorse Vista desktop is 4.5 years old already and I hope it never stops to work as is even though it takes forever to boot-up - I rarely reboot though.

And although you can find very reasonably priced media players (and they really have high cost performance for sure),  because of your preferences as I deem, you should target a Sigma based one.  It's your fault my friend.  hahaha.

32V should be OK for short distance viewing.   I dont think you would pay as much attention to horizontal lines, assuming they are visible at that size, as most of your attention would be caught by the depth of the image.

Enjoy James.

Meron palang 32LW5700 akala ko 42,47,55 lang. Pwede na yun 32 upo nalang ako closer para immersive pa rin kaya lang baka noticeable na yun horizontal lines pag malapit na.

OK lang ako sa mabagal at mabusising HTPC. Walang choice really kasi no 10K budget to buy a PCH...

Offline firestorm

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Aug 31, 2011 at 11:05 AM »
Dati pa 2 PCs ang gamit namin sa bahay 1 for me and 1 for my brother. 1 PC is in my room ito yun torrent rig ko (changed it a few months back to a AMD E-350 para mas tipid sa power). The other PC is near the TV sa living room (only used few hours daily). Yes I'm leaning towards half SBS for my future 3D downloads more compatible sya sa mga devices pero meron din exceptions for certain movies might go for full SBS or full BD. Hindi rin ako mahilig magupgrade yun isang PC ko I used it for 6 1/2 years before changing the other one 5 years kung hindi lang nasira baka tumagal pa.

Meron akong realtek based NMT good enough for majority of mkv files. I just use the HTPC for DTS-MA or Dolby True HD bitstreaming.

Hopefully maging available na yun 32 model dito. How about you anong 3D plans mo Panasonic parin or LG na?

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM »
update lang mga sirs, natry ko na magplay ng 3D mkv to my a.c.ryan nmt, SBS yung file type ng mkv, and I'm glad to share that it played flawlessly, almost comparable na to my 3D blu-ray, in this case mukang hindi ko pa kailangan palitan nmt ko to pch. ;D maraming salamat sa info niyo mga sirs. ;D
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #28 on: Sep 17, 2011 at 11:25 PM »
 sir taiguru what ac ryan nmt type are you using? realtek based po?

Offline taiguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Sep 18, 2011 at 02:03 AM »
sir taiguru what ac ryan nmt type are you using? realtek based po?

Yup, realtek based po, I'm using ac.ryan play on HD essential connected to my lg 42pw350 via hdmi 1.3 ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2011 at 02:08 AM by taiguru »
into 3D HIGH DEF ;)