Author Topic: Miss Universe 2011  (Read 22641 times)

Offline dindop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Primus Inter Pares
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Miss Universe 2011
« Reply #120 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM »
actually, she said "she'll love my god"

sounded more like "... if that person loves me, [he] should love my god too"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGqOOk2Xig

RCD1072 RT-1080
Bravo,Overture
RB1090,RMB1095,RSP1098
B&W 805,HTM2,705,685
PDP428XG, 32C4000

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #121 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 12:57 AM »
ang Pinoy talaga, in less than 24 hours, nagawa na ito. Watch!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0vug5TSNY

Taas kamay ako sa gumawa nito  ;D

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 01:04 AM »
actually, she said "she'll love my god"

sounded more like "... if that person loves me, [he] should love my god too"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJGqOOk2Xig

Ah, oo. Napabilis lang yung pagkasabi. Pero I think wala syang sinabi na "he", deretso lang sa "should".
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2011 at 01:22 AM by Dan »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #123 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 09:34 PM »
Done watching the Miss Universe event on tape, i cant help but criticize the judges for asking lousy questions.
A great answer depends on a great question and those questions for Miss Phil and Ms China are lousy questions.
Lucky was Ms Angola where she was able to pick Lea Salonga and Lea did gave Ms Angola a Great question w/c was answered greatly through an interpreter.
Ms Angola deserved the title. She's beauty on the dark side, i can just imagine how gorgeous she may look if only she's white skinned.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #124 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 09:41 PM »
Ms Angola deserved the title. She's beauty on the dark side, i can just imagine how gorgeous she may look if only she's white skinned.

The typical Pinoy belief na "mas maganda kung maputi" is something I find really interesting. Skin whitening products are really a multi million peso industry here... while in the States, tanning salons and products make a killing.

The grass is always greener...?
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 10:43 PM »

Like a zombie.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #126 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM »
Done watching the Miss Universe event on tape, i cant help but criticize the judges for asking lousy questions.
A great answer depends on a great question and those questions for Miss Phil and Ms China are lousy questions.
Lucky was Ms Angola where she was able to pick Lea Salonga and Lea did gave Ms Angola a Great question w/c was answered greatly through an interpreter.

like what she said... she will not change her physical appearance... in my opinion... pangit siya kapag maputi.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline nibblerizer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #127 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 11:29 PM »

According to Lea's tweet, all the judges questions were pre-written and they were assigned a question each. It did not come from themselves.  Luck of draw.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #128 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM »
i wanted to post during the time of the pageant that miss angola was a sure winner... pero i didnt want to take all the blame at sisihin na nagdilang demonyo ako and pulled down shamcey...(at least in pdvd)... so i kept to myself...

but iba talaga yung radiance nya..

totoo sabi ni leah.. the tv cannot transmit the energy of the contestants live...

back in 94 when miss universe was held here (time ni charlene gonzales) i went to manila hotel where the candidates were staying.. loitered in the lobby hoping to catch a glimpse of the girls.. (and then miss belgium.. everbody's crush)... i saw some candidates.. miss cook island ata yun and some other candidates i forgot where from.. they were all...wow!! malayo sa tv... lahat sila panalo... even miss zimbabwe ata or miss namibia....   basta lahat pwede!

so i could only reckon if you watch them live.. kakaiba talaga..

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #129 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 06:30 AM »

I think she is gorgeous as is.

Offline sharkey360

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 08:13 AM »

EDITORIAL - Poor losers

If Shamcey Supsup can accept with dignity and grace what must have been her shattering disappointment, there is no reason why the rest of us cannot. Yet consider how Filipinos reacted to the results that saw the Miss Universe title go to somebody else:

Someone cooked up the yarn about Oprah Winfrey supposedly issuing comments to the effect that Shamcey should have won. Senator Miriam Santiago threatened to file a protest against the judging. A TV network sought and found former beauty queens to publicly badmouth the contest.

Shamcey has come a long way from her “promdi” roots in Gensan to graduating magna cum laude in Architecture from UP, to topping the board exams, to becoming Miss Philippines, then to landing in the Miss Universe Top 10.

Shamcey is already every inch a winner. But every sour note and grape we attach to her not winning the title only serves to diminish the sacrifices she endured to become the person that she is — beautiful, intelligent, and extremely lucky.

As she herself said after the contest, one cannot have it all. So, as she moves on with her life, so should we. We cannot be forever griping, especially since we have such a very bad track record about it.

Remember Venus Raj and how her countrymen made fun of her “major major” answer? Well, those countrymen are us, and we made fun of her and her answer because she did not win. Had she won, nobody would have given a damn what her answer was.

We are, as a people, very poor losers. And we are so not just in beauty contests but in a great many other aspects — politics, sports, etc. We prime ourselves like crazy for a win but we cannot handle defeat.

Like Venus Raj before her, Shamcey Supsup was primed for a win by the TV networks. Hardly a story was reported in the run-up to the Miss Universe contest that did not hype the supposed popularity of our bet. Filipinos were conditioned to believe it was all over but the crowning.

Well, hype and fan votes do not win contests. Whoever allowed fan votes to muddle the real score and invite controversy only had making money out of the votes in mind. The lesson for contest crazy Filipinos is this: If you cannot handle the outcome, do not join the process.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=727372

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 08:55 AM »
They should telecast Miss Universe in 3D and we should all adopt 3D.  hehehe.

That fan voting was rather a mess up.  Where were those votes coming from anyways?   If you listen closely to the live audience, they were loudest on Brazil (duh) and Angola.

I'm still hoping that they will include a No Make-Up Competition in any beauty pageant...I really want to see those faces with no magical foundation at all.   That should be interesting for the 1B viewers worldwide.

i wanted to post during the time of the pageant that miss angola was a sure winner... pero i didnt want to take all the blame at sisihin na nagdilang demonyo ako and pulled down shamcey...(at least in pdvd)... so i kept to myself...

but iba talaga yung radiance nya..

totoo sabi ni leah.. the tv cannot transmit the energy of the contestants live...

back in 94 when miss universe was held here (time ni charlene gonzales) i went to manila hotel where the candidates were staying.. loitered in the lobby hoping to catch a glimpse of the girls.. (and then miss belgium.. everbody's crush)... i saw some candidates.. miss cook island ata yun and some other candidates i forgot where from.. they were all...wow!! malayo sa tv... lahat sila panalo... even miss zimbabwe ata or miss namibia....   basta lahat pwede!

so i could only reckon if you watch them live.. kakaiba talaga..

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #132 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 08:57 AM »
They should telecast Miss Universe in 3D and we should all adopt 3D.  hehehe.

That fan voting was rather a mess up.  Where were those votes coming from anyways?   If you listen closely to the live audience, they were loudest on Brazil (duh) and Angola.

I'm still hoping that they will include a No Make-Up Competition in any beauty pageant...I really want to see those faces with no magical foundation at all.   That should be interesting for the 1B viewers worldwide.

lamang ang pinas niyan pag ganyan, ung iba kasi gumaganda lang sa make up ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 09:03 AM »
lamang ang pinas niyan pag ganyan, ung iba kasi gumaganda lang sa make up ;D

Well kung makinis at maganda talaga, lalabas at lalabas yon kahit anong lahi diba (do you still remember those tight Japanese and Korean complexion Philip?  hehe).   Meron din na-over-make-up kaya pumapangit sa TV.  Look at Ms. Brazil and J. Lo sa American Idol. 

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #134 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 09:48 AM »
over all it was a tight competition.
i liked Ms Columbia but she didnt make it to the TOP 5.
also Ms Malaysia didnt make it to the TOP 16.

Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 09:58 AM »
 ;D Heard Jessica Soho's interview of Lea and this is what the latter said:

The judges were looking for the "spark". Ms Angola had it.
From a judge's perspective, it was really different if you were there at the live telecast. Iba ang arrive ni Ms. Angola. She was truly breathtaking and they couldn't take their eyes off her.

So the moral of the story is:  It's not about the answer. It's how you radiated and sent that magical vibe across. Ms. Angola wasn't just a spark, she's a firework! Any which way Shamcey answered her question would still elicit same results.

So there! Next time magpadala ang Pinas ng mangkukulam baka maka jackpot na haha!

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #136 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 10:39 AM »
ayus yun ha.....tsunami walk  ;D

Offline sharkey360

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 10:52 AM »
Some people out there who posted pro-Shamcey comments involving Oprah through social networks were shocked with this news from yesterday.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/334338/oprah-website-denies-she-backs-shamcey

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #138 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 11:07 AM »
hoping to catch a glimpse of the girls.. (and then miss belgium.. everbody's crush)

aaaahhhh...Christelle Roelandts.

Offline fattyacid

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Captcha Master Solver Skill Level 18
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #139 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM »
Be better than the Theater.

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #140 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM »
YES. Thanks.

pang HOT Or NOT ito!....  :o  :o  :o
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM »
kamukha nga  ;D

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #142 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 01:06 PM »
"I picked Miss Angola to win," admits Lea Salonga

http://www.spot.ph/the-feed/49318/i-picked-miss-angola-to-win-admits-lea-salonga

Published: Sep 15, 2011 - 7:24am

In the wake of the this year's Miss Universe pageant (and more than a few violent reactions over its outcome), showbiz columnist Ricky Lo did a follow-up interview with Tony Award-winning singer Lea Salong, who was one of the judges.

In today's edition of The Philippine Star, Lo wrote:  "In a text interview with Funfare Update, Lea Salonga, the fifth Filipino to sit as Miss Universe judge, said, 'I picked Miss Angola to win. I’m not sure what the other judges did. As for why Shamcey didn’t win, it isn’t anything she did wrong. It’s just that taking overall impact into consideration, from where we were sitting, Leila Lopes was just above and beyond everyone else.'"

Lo further wrote that Salonga said, "If we weren’t unanimous in picking the winner, we almost were. Many of us were in agreement that Miss Angola should win. It's how we each ranked the runners-up that differed. I ranked Shamcey second. But another judge may have ranked her fourth or fifth. I was happy though with how Shamcey did. That fourth place out of 89. Pretty darn good, I thought."

In closing, Salonga quipped, "We were told to judge them all objectively. What I now don’t understand is the brouhaha following the pageant’s conclusion. Everyone needs to respect the judges’ decision. I stand by my ranking."

For the record, the 2011 Miss Universe entourage is made up of Miss Angola (Miss Universe), Miss Ukraine Olesya Stefanko (first runner-up), Miss Brazil Priscila Machado (second runner-up), Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup (third runner-up), and Miss China Luo Zilin (fourth runner-up).

For more on this story, log on to Philstar.com.
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 02:06 PM »
It's very sad to see that despite Shamcey's excellent accomplishment, some Filipinos are acting like complete losers  :D

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #144 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 02:18 PM »
It's very sad to see that despite Shamcey's excellent accomplishment, some Filipinos are acting like complete losers  :D

eto ang mga taong akala nila ang sukatan ng pagiging matalino ay ang pagsalita ng english... :) :)
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Dan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 02:51 PM »
eto ang mga taong akala nila ang sukatan ng pagiging matalino ay ang pagsalita ng english... :) :)

Maraming ganyan dito mismo sa forums natin ;)  ;D Kaya, I'm not surprised. Wika nga, "Shamcey competed for the title of Ms. Universe -- NOT Ms. America."