Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2  (Read 9016 times)

Offline magnavision

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
« on: Sep 20, 2011 at 06:16 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

“Emotional, brilliant, and an awesome finale to an amazing series.”
- Steve Weintraub, Collider.com

HARRY POTTER
AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - PART 2
ARRIVES ONTO BLU-RAYTM, DVD and  
VCD ON NOVEMBER 11 FROM
WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT GROUP

The “Boy Who Lived” comes face to face with the enemy of the wizarding world for a final, epic battle in “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” when it arrives on Blu-ray, DVD and VCD on November 11 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group. Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson return for the closing installment of the most successful film franchise of all time. “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” has earned more than $1.3 billion at the worldwide box office.

“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” was directed by David Yates who also helmed the magical blockbusters “Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,” “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” and “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1.” Returning from previous “Harry Potter” films is an all-star supporting cast, including Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Tom Felton, Ralph Fiennes, Michael Gambon, John Hurt, Jason Isaacs, Matthew Lewis, Gary Oldman, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, David Thewlis, Julie Walters and Bonnie Wright.

The collective Harry Potter films are the highest-grossing franchise of all time, a global record it has held since the success of the sixth film, 2009’s “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.”  

The release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” will also be marked by a special celebration at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort, where the Harry Potter stories live on.  The Harry Potter Home Entertainment Celebration will consist of a series of special events to be attended by cast and filmmakers from the Harry Potter films.  The three-day celebration will take place from Friday, November 11 to Sunday, November 13. Cast and filmmakers expected to be in attendance include James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley), Warwick Davis(Professor Flitwick, Griphook), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), Mark Williams (Arthur Weasley), David Bradley (Argus Filch), Jessie Cave (Lavender Brown) and many more to be named later.*

Available on November 11 from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group are
Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film DVD Collection (price to be announced), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 2-disc DVD with Hogwarts Pins (price to be announced), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2 2-disc DVD (P899), Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 2D+3D Blu-ray Combo (P2,300), and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 2-disc Blu-ray (P1850).

“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2” is the final adventure in the Harry Potter film series. The much-anticipated motion picture event is the second of two full-length parts.
In the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the wizarding world escalates into an all-out war. The stakes have never been higher and no one is safe. But it is Harry Potter who may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011 at 08:55 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Re: Something wicked this way comes on 11.11.11
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 09:51 AM »
Update on this?  Especially on the pin-set and the full set price (Is this DVD or Bluray+DVD Combo?)  And is prebooking ongoing?  It's not in the Astro I usually pass by, is it in selected outlets only like the LOTR Bluray when it was first released?

Will Deathly Hollows Part 1 also get a 3D Bluray release?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline jbluzb

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 08:42 AM »
i prebooked at oddessey, just inquire with the cashier

from what I know, there is no price yet but bluray I guess around P1800

Offline Jerricson098

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2011 at 04:21 PM »
so how much the complete 8 collection?
You're just a two-time coward loser.

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2011 at 05:24 PM »
SRP for the 100 pcs. limited edition collection is P5,500. We're still waiting though for the final pricing for the DVD with pins..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
Is the Limited set, DVD or Bluray or combo like it will be in UK? and is it numbered?

Offline jbluzb

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 10:24 AM »
wow, expensive

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 08:33 PM »
wow, expensive
It's eight movies, so very reasonable IF it's Bluray+DVD Combo like it will be in the UK, but my guess is that it will be DVD only, so still reasonable, but you will have to allow for the LIMITED premium...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2011 at 10:03 PM »
Since they're not answering (typical), based on their Facebook page, I think it's just a DVD set.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Just a thought, I personally feels that those who buy these Limited Editions or Steelbooks at premium prices would have upgraded to Bluray by now (after all you can get a Bluray Player for less than the cost of this LE)...

Still this is Harry Potter, and fans might be willing to spent for a Limited set (Just not me), unless it's Bluray or Bluray+DVD...

And I was hoping they release the two final films in 3D, but their post only specifies Part 2 in 3D...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Book 7 Part I didn't have a theatrical 3D release anywhere in the world due to rushing to make it into theaters in time for its release date... did they do a home video 3D conversion for it?
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2011 at 11:25 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline jbluzb

• Collector
  • Liked:
I saw on their facebook page, that the limited edition (P5,500) is only a DVD release (16 disc) here in the Philippines.

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Book 7 Part I didn't have a theatrical 3D release anywhere in the world due to rushing to make it into theaters in time for its release date... did they do a home video 3D conversion for it?

I ordered the 3D version of both HP 7 parts 1 and 2 with doc oreoshake. It seems that it is only a Best Buy exclusive.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Yes, it's available from Amazon UK, although their release date is December.  US is Best Buy exclusive until yearend, but since all HP is going on moratorium in the US by end-December, maybe it is Best Buy exclusive until the Ultimate Editions comes out maybe late-2012...

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
I saw on their facebook page, that the limited edition (P5,500) is only a DVD release (16 disc) here in the Philippines.

Then pass for me, no matter how Limited it is...after all these are probably the same grainy PQ ones (the last few HP movies).   

Offline utopian828

• Trade Count: (+143)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 01:12 PM »
Wicked indeed...

DVD Boxed Set = 5,500
DVD with Pins = 4,500 - ?!?
DVD (2-Disc) = 899 - NO SLIPCASE

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011 at 08:55 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 10:02 PM »
The Limited Box set comes with a certificate that list ** of 100 (to make it more desirable), but the certificate is the worst I'd seen, it's in black-and-white and look liked it was just photocopied, with the seal (that was supposed to be in red) in black and white. 

It's on the back of the LE and can be seen without opening.  They should have just omitted it, if they are going to do a half-hearted effort like that...  two thumbs down!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2011 at 09:24 PM »
I actually DID buy the 2-Disc version, for completion.

I was very surprised that I really liked the "When Harry Left Hogwarts" documentary on Disc 2.

Due to the impending moratorium on all Harry Potter films, I also just pre-ordered the complete 8-Movie Blu-ray set from Amazon UK. INCLUDING standard shipping, it costs £30.60, or Php 2130.37.

Now to dispose of the 8 2-Disc DVDs I bought every year, including this new "For Completion" purchase.  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2011 at 09:24 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline zeemoh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM »
how much is the price guys of this movie alone?

Online jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 07:08 AM »
^ As posted above by utopian828, the 2-disc DVD is priced at P899.

Offline techdude

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 19, 2011 at 10:58 PM »
Wicked indeed...

DVD Boxed Set = 5,500
DVD with Pins = 4,500 - ?!?
DVD (2-Disc) = 899 - NO SLIPCASE

Finally saw the pin-set today.  The final price is Php 2250 with the 2-discs DVD.  The collectible pin-set looks nice, in a wooden case...

Offline jbluzb

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 25, 2011 at 07:56 AM »
I was thinking of picking up the edition with pins. I changed my mind when I just want a bluray edition. I will just order through amazon for the pins separately.