Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 140252 times)

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
PBA Season 37
« on: Oct 02, 2011 at 05:49 PM »
the opening ceremonies was good. ginebra still appears to be the crowd favorite. as the slogan of the pba goes -- kampihan na! kanino kayo?

i hope this thread will be active...
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2613
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 05:50 PM »
si tim cone bigla lumipat ng ibang team, bakit kaya? more than 2 decades na siya sa alaska eh
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 07:02 PM »
undercover agent ni Uytengsu si Tim Cone.. kukuha sila ng ebidensya na may gulangan at dayaan nga na nangyayari sa salary cap ng mga mayayamang teams.. ;D ;D ;D

parang MVP league na talaga ang PBA.. yung coveror, TV5.. halos lahat ng sponsor company ni MVP.. may sarili pang spiel yung TNT sa introduction ng muses.. tapos na yung SMC era ng PBA..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 08:27 PM »
personally, i think tim cone's move involved money.

parang MVP league na talaga ang PBA.. yung coveror, TV5.. halos lahat ng sponsor company ni MVP.. may sarili pang spiel yung TNT sa introduction ng muses.. tapos na yung SMC era ng PBA..

noticed that spiel too. and yes, the SMC era is over, even if they have 4 teams in the pba.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 08:43 PM »
choker pa rin si Intal! ;D pero ayos yung habol ng Ginebra ha.. walang Caguioa, Helterbrand o kaya Tubid sa loob.. iba rin talaga si Paul Lee.. mabilis yung 1st step at kayang-kaya lumusot sa double team..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2011 at 09:12 PM »
yeah...he could have brought the game to overtime. but it was a good run, even without the big names. na-pressure din kahit papano ung ROS. malaki potential ng mga young guns ng ginebra. yup, paul lee is good. he played like he was not a rookie. bad trip lang talaga si quinito! wala nang alam sabihin kundi si paul lee.   >:(

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 09:58 PM »
nice to see Janelle So back in the PBA.. she looked stunning tonight.. she's was one of the better court side reporters in the league.. her return kind of highlighted how awful the new ones are right now.. at least they're pretty though..

and Tim Cone lost his debut as a non-Alaska coach.. they lost to a team that had more assistant coaches than bench players.. ;D

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #7 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 11:03 PM »

and Tim Cone lost his debut as a non-Alaska coach.. they lost to a team that had more assistant coaches than bench players.. ;D
not surprising,b meg players has yet to fully learn tim cone's system plus the fact that they faced a newly crowned team in petron.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2011 at 11:40 PM »
^a bit surprising considering the talent they have.. they could have won it by sheer talent alone.. and it's not the same Petron team that won the last conference.. almost half of that championship team is gone..

I don't actually think B-Meg has the right lineup for Tim Cone or for the triangle.. too much star power.. it feels like they'll go one-on-one when the going gets tough..

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 06:50 AM »
not surprising,b meg players has yet to fully learn tim cone's system plus the fact that they faced a newly crowned team in petron.

it takes time to adjust, better lose early and start winning when it counted most.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 09:06 AM »

nice to see Janelle So back in the PBA.. she looked stunning tonight.. she's was one of the better court side reporters in the league.. her return kind of highlighted how awful the new ones are right now.. at least they're pretty though..

janelle is back? darn!! i missed last night's games. pina-opera namin doggie ng sister ko. bumuka kasi ung tahi from, believe it or not, caesarian operation last week.  :o :o the new ones are, indeed, awful. but, yes, they are pretty. erika has nice bumpers, too.  ;D i wish they could get lia cruz back also...

anyway, yes, it is a surprise that b-meg lost to petron. on paper, b-meg is strong. add to that a very good coach. but b-meg is playing under a new system. perhaps they have not adjusted to it yet. it'll take time. medyo matagal din bago napag-champion ni cone ang alaska.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 365
« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 11:23 AM »
Great 2nd game last night .... But just had to chuckle at one point during the BMEG-PETRON game.

Chris Lutz was beasting during the 2nd half, when Jason Webb commented that PETRON was very lucky to land high-pick rookies such as Lutz .... Webb then proceeded to mention sophomores Al-Hussaini, Baclao & Guevarra (2010's top 3 picks) .... Magoo then jumped in & mentioned Arwind Santos & Jay Washington - both of whom were high draft picks as well.

Afterwards, both commentators went silent for a while .... it's likely that they had realized that all those they mentioned were players "traded" by Bert Lina's AIR21 pimp team through the years (they even failed to mention Alex Cabagnot, who was also "traded" by AIR21 to then SMB).

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #12 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 11:40 AM »
^a bit surprising considering the talent they have.. they could have won it by sheer talent alone.. and it's not the same Petron team that won the last conference.. almost half of that championship team is gone..

I don't actually think B-Meg has the right lineup for Tim Cone or for the triangle.. too much star power.. it feels like they'll go one-on-one when the going gets tough..
the key players from that championship team is still there,arwind,cabagnot,miranda and yeo.they also got good acquisition in sharma and lutz.it's too early to tell if the triangle offense won't fit for b-meg,it's only been weeks since tim cone took over the coaching job.and yes,those one on one plays killed b meg in the end siguro instinct na nung mga players yun since that's the way they played before but it is bound to change with coach tim.
b meg could have won it with sheer talent alone against a lower seeded teams but not against petron who is coming off a morale boosting championship.actually i'm a bit surprised that petron won by only four points considering that b meg's plays is in disarray most of the times especially in the second half.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 11:46 AM »
janelle is back? darn!! i missed last night's games. pina-opera namin doggie ng sister ko. bumuka kasi ung tahi from, believe it or not, caesarian operation last week.  :o :o the new ones are, indeed, awful. but, yes, they are pretty. erika has nice bumpers, too.  ;D i wish they could get lia cruz back also...

not really back in full.. she was just a guest host last night.. she flies back to the US tomorrow..

I don't like the coverage team this season.. from the court side reporters to the panelists.. the commissioner's rule to bar assistant coaches from commentating is disappointing.. Ronnie Magsanoc, Richard Del Rosario and Alex Compton are better than Quinito.. ang bland ng coverage kung wala si Mico Halili or Jason Webb on the panel.. sila lang yung matino ngayon for me..

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 12:05 PM »
the key players from that championship team is still there,arwind,cabagnot,miranda and yeo.they also got good acquisition in sharma and lutz.it's too early to tell if the triangle offense won't fit for b-meg,it's only been weeks since tim cone took over the coaching job.and yes,those one on one plays killed b meg in the end siguro instinct na nung mga players yun since that's the way they played before but it is bound to change with coach tim.
b meg could have won it with sheer talent alone against a lower seeded teams but not against petron who is coming off a morale boosting championship.actually i'm a bit surprised that petron won by only four points considering that b meg's plays is in disarray most of the times especially in the second half.

Oh it will work with B-Meg eventually but what I see is a potential Kobe/Shaq relationship than a Jordan/Pippen one.. I just don't see James, Kerby, Devance and PJ Simon coexisting in one team.. they all just need the ball too much to contribute..

and Petron winning by only four points even though nagkalat yung B-Meg just tells you how talented B-Meg is..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 03:35 PM »
Great 2nd game last night .... But just had to chuckle at one point during the BMEG-PETRON game.

Chris Lutz was beasting during the 2nd half, when Jason Webb commented that PETRON was very lucky to land high-pick rookies such as Lutz .... Webb then proceeded to mention sophomores Al-Hussaini, Baclao & Guevarra (2010's top 3 picks) .... Magoo then jumped in & mentioned Arwind Santos & Jay Washington - both of whom were high draft picks as well.

Afterwards, both commentators went silent for a while .... it's likely that they had realized that all those they mentioned were players "traded" by Bert Lina's AIR21 pimp team through the years (they even failed to mention Alex Cabagnot, who was also "traded" by AIR21 to then SMB).

Air 21 if i may consider is just a talent pool for the other PBA teams. They're merely selling their talents and isnt really serious to compete for the pretigious PBA CROWN.

Speaking of commentators, i rather have Wacky Thrillo than Quinito Henson.
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2011 at 05:20 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 03:59 PM »
not really back in full.. she was just a guest host last night.. she flies back to the US tomorrow..

oh...crap!!!  >:( ;D

I don't like the coverage team this season.. from the court side reporters to the panelists.. the commissioner's rule to bar assistant coaches from commentating is disappointing.. Ronnie Magsanoc, Richard Del Rosario and Alex Compton are better than Quinito.. ang bland ng coverage kung wala si Mico Halili or Jason Webb on the panel.. sila lang yung matino ngayon for me..

si quinito ang dapat pagbawalan maging commentator. masyadong magaling eh. all knowing.

mico and jason are good. very lively ang discussion, never a dull moment. at hindi pa nagmamagaling.

Oh it will work with B-Meg eventually but what I see is a potential Kobe/Shaq relationship than a Jordan/Pippen one.. I just don't see James, Kerby, Devance and PJ Simon coexisting in one team.. they all just need the ball too much to contribute..

and Petron winning by only four points even though nagkalat yung B-Meg just tells you how talented B-Meg is..

agree. it will work, but not yet at this time. as i've said above, it'll take time for the team to adjust to the new system. agree also on the patential kobe/shaq rather than a jordan/pippen  relationship. personally, i think none of the four names mentioned from b-meg is willing to play a support role. walang pippen sa kanila who knows his place in the team -- support to the main man (jordan).

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #17 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 05:08 PM »
hopefully magawa din sa pba yung fiba style of officiating like sa mga fouls (i.e.intentional foul agad sa mga breakaway plays na obvious naman na di bola ang hinabol etc.)

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 05:19 PM »
Air 21 if i may consider is just a talent pool for the other PBA teams. They're merely selling their talents and isnt really serious to compete for the pretigious PBA CROWN.

Speaking of commentators, i rather have Wacky Thrillo than Quinito Nenson.

To be very specific, AIR21 is the PBA's resident pimp who sells their talents to mostly SMC teams.

It's so effin blatant, that one can only shake his head in disgust.

Yes, I too recall Joaqui Trillo being a decent commentator many years ago ...... Quinito Henson is half-decent, just because he was there since the latter part of the golden years (Joe Cantada, Pinggoy Pengson, etc).

Quinito also does seem to love the job, which explains his lively demeanor ..... however the man is practically inept with the technical aspects of the game - hence his game analysis is always shallow & uber-simplistic (always just pertaining to the vey obvious).

Let's just say I would rather choose Quinito Henson over loudmouth fools like Chino Trinidad, Rado Dimalibot, ec ...... Chino Trinidad was easily the worst commentator in the history of the PBA.

Probably, the only thing worse than Chino Trinidad covering a PBA game, is GMA's Mike Enriquez covering a PBA game.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 05:41 PM »
Let's just say I would rather choose Quinito Henson over loudmouth fools like Chino Trinidad, Rado Dimalibot, ec ...... Chino Trinidad was easily the worst commentator in the history of the PBA.

Probably, the only thing worse than Chino Trinidad covering a PBA game, is GMA's Mike Enriquez covering a PBA game.

totally agree with this.. I remember him covering that 2002 Asian Games at kulang na lang murahin niya yung mga players on live TV..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 06:27 PM »
To be very specific, AIR21 is the PBA's resident pimp who sells their talents to mostly SMC teams.

It's so effin blatant, that one can only shake his head in disgust.

They also sold some to TNT.
Pretty obvious isnt it but the league doesnt mind so what can we do?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #21 on: Oct 06, 2011 at 08:33 PM »
i thought manonood na ulit ako ng PBA kse bumalik na si jannelle so kaso one time lang pala kaya no more PBA for me na talaga.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2011 at 03:01 PM »
the game on wednesday will be interesting -- b-meg vs. alaska. cone will be up against his former team. i'm sure banal knows practically all the trick that cone has under his sleeves being his assistant for a very long time. but i'm sure cone would also have some other tricks in mind. triangle vs. triangle? or will cone refrain from using the triangle knowing that banal would know how to neutralize it?

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2011 at 12:37 PM by anya618 »

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #24 on: Oct 12, 2011 at 11:58 PM »
 yahoo panalo bmeg ko hehehe
Love me or hate me.....

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2011 at 01:10 PM »
time-out muna.. their reporting skills are below par but they're easy on the eyes.. ;D

from left to right: Erika Padilla, Sel Guevarra and Jessica Mendoza..

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2011 at 01:43 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 13, 2011 at 01:11 PM »
^sino sir ung nasa kanan?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 13, 2011 at 01:42 PM »
^sino sir ung nasa kanan?

from left to right: Erika Padilla, Sel Guevarra and Jessica Mendoza..

Jessica was Ateneo's courtside reporter 2 seasons ago.. she's a DJ at Magic yata.. she has a program together with Andi Manzano.. nasa CGE TV rin yata siya.. yung sa Channel 72 sa SkyCable..

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2011 at 01:50 PM »
Erika Padilla needs to go ...... or the very least, get some remedial classes very soon.

The girl obviously knows little about basketball & worst of all, she has the tendency to blabber - often messing up her lines & deliveries during sideline reports.

That mannish-voice somewhat turns me off as well.  ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 13, 2011 at 01:57 PM »
Erika Padilla needs to go ...... or the very least, get some remedial classes very soon.

The girl obviously knows little about basketball & worst of all, she has the tendency to blabber - often messing up her lines & deliveries during sideline reports.

That mannish-voice somewhat turns me off as well.  ;D

I agree with you.. she's the worst of the 3.. halata mong wala talagang alam about the game and even the players she's interviewing.. they should just get Lia Cruz since she's with TV5 rin naman..