Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 140298 times)

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #30 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 02:22 PM »
Erika Padilla needs to go ...... or the very least, get some remedial classes very soon.

but she has a good set of bumpers. that's why i don't listen to her. i just stare at her package.  ;D ;D ;D

they should just get Lia Cruz since she's with TV5 rin naman..

that would be a good move!  ;D
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 09:27 PM »
impressive performances by this season's rookies.. nakakailang game na rin na rookie ang best player of the game.. parang passing of the torch na.. interestingly, Ginebra has been on the receiving end of two impressive debuts by this season's rookies.. Paul Lee killed them against Rain or Shine tapos Dylan Ababou naman ngayon..

really impressed with Lutz, Ababou, Baracael and Lee.. Lutz is the all-around type.. high basketball IQ, great defender, quick hands, quick first step and decent outside shot.. Ababou is deceptively quick.. maganda rin yung lateral movement at mabilis yung kamay.. nice to see him finally getting some minutes.. and lucky for him and Maliksi that almost all of their teammates are veterans.. mas mabilis sila matututo.. Paul Lee has to work more on his outside shots.. nahirapan siya kanina against TNT kasi di siya makasaksak.. if he makes those outside shots consistently, mas magiging mahirap siya bantayan..

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #32 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 09:36 PM »
impressive performances by this season's rookies.. nakakailang game na rin na rookie ang best player of the game.. parang passing of the torch na.. interestingly, Ginebra has been on the receiving end of two impressive debuts by this season's rookies.. Paul Lee killed them against Rain or Shine tapos Dylan Ababou naman ngayon..

really impressed with Lutz, Ababou, Baracael and Lee.. Lutz is the all-around type.. high basketball IQ, great defender, quick hands, quick first step and decent outside shot.. Ababou is deceptively quick.. maganda rin yung lateral movement at mabilis yung kamay.. nice to see him finally getting some minutes.. and lucky for him and Maliksi that almost all of their teammates are veterans.. mas mabilis sila matututo.. Paul Lee has to work more on his outside shots.. nahirapan siya kanina against TNT kasi di siya makasaksak.. if he makes those outside shots consistently, mas magiging mahirap siya bantayan..

except for LEE, i think the Gilas Players should be impressive otherwise sayang un devotion nila sa national Team for 3 years.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #33 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 04:20 PM »
observation ko lang on the games, masyado ata nagiging low scoring ang mga laban...

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #34 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 04:30 PM »
I agree with you.. she's the worst of the 3.. halata mong wala talagang alam about the game and even the players she's interviewing.. they should just get Lia Cruz since she's with TV5 rin naman..

Correct me if I'm wrong but the games are being aired at channel 13 and not channel 5!

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 04:37 PM »
meron pa bang nanonood ng pba?
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 04:47 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but the games are being aired at channel 13 and not channel 5!

Yes... It is being aired at Channel 13 however, the PBA Games are being aired thru AKTV (block schedule na binili nila MVP) and with it eh related business din like TV5 so in a way eh pwede mag share ng resources at capabilities including manpower if there is the need. A suggestion of having Lia Cruz is possible since di naman siguro tulad ng ABS-CBN at GMA7 ang tv5 (i think) na puro mga exclusive contracts ang mga talents.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 05:47 PM »

AKTV on IBC is the sports arm of TV5.. parang Studio 23 ng ABS.. their court side reporters are actually TV5 talents so it's possible for them to get Lia Cruz.. but I think Lia is moving away from sports broadcasting and is concentrating on the news..

parang the shift has started in the PBA.. new stars are emerging at unti-unti na nilang kinukuha ang PBA.. Paul Lee, Chris Lutz and Dylan Ababou have been taking over their teams..

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 20, 2011 at 07:37 AM »
Yes... It is being aired at Channel 13 however, the PBA Games are being aired thru AKTV (block schedule na binili nila MVP) and with it eh related business din like TV5 so in a way eh pwede mag share ng resources at capabilities including manpower if there is the need. A suggestion of having Lia Cruz is possible since di naman siguro tulad ng ABS-CBN at GMA7 ang tv5 (i think) na puro mga exclusive contracts ang mga talents.

AKTV on IBC is the sports arm of TV5.. parang Studio 23 ng ABS.. their court side reporters are actually TV5 talents so it's possible for them to get Lia Cruz.. but I think Lia is moving away from sports broadcasting and is concentrating on the news..

parang the shift has started in the PBA.. new stars are emerging at unti-unti na nilang kinukuha ang PBA.. Paul Lee, Chris Lutz and Dylan Ababou have been taking over their teams..

Thanks for the clarification.

The coverage, as a whole, needs to improve, not only the court-side reporters.

Paul Lee is lucky he has Yeng Guiao as his coach. Guiao will field in Lee as long as he plays his heart out every game. But once Lee starts acting like a superstar, his playing time will decrease. Chris Lutz plays the same position and basically the same way as Dondon Hontiveros. If Hontiveros did not get injured, then Lutz's playing time would be less. Dylan Ababou gets to play more minutes as Danny Seigle is again injured.
The veterans have not yet gotten used to the playing styles of these new stars. But once the veterans get used to them, these veterans will find ways to stop these new stars. What I'm hoping for is that these rookies influence the veterans to change their playing styles from just standing around to constant motion. This will make the games faster and more exciting!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 08:31 AM »

meron pa naman, sir. although i can say na hindi kasing dami nung dati. dati kasi, it's all the teams against each other. ngayon, parang MVP vs SMC na ang PBA.

but I think Lia is moving away from sports broadcasting and is concentrating on the news..

sayang naman... :P

agree. i'm sure JV Casio will be in that list soon.

this year's rookie draft is full of talents. it's just up to the coaches to utilize them properly. look at dylan, he was not used a lot sa gilas and did not make much impact. but with his new team, he is able to show what he's got.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 02:06 AM »
Ginebra has made a habit of bringing to life that never-say-die attitude in their last 2 games.. Down 5 points against Powerade with 55 sec left and yet they still manage to win on a putback by Caguioa with 1.2 secs left.. tapos kahapon naman deja vu.. down 5 with 55secs left against Shopinas and they still get to force overtime and get the win..

on another note naman, idol na idol ko sa mga rookies si Dylan Ababou.. magaling siya pero mas bilib ako sa kanya dahil dito: ;D

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 09:46 AM »
yeah...the last two games were come from behind victories, literally. in fact, in the game against shopinas, some of the crowd were already congratulating the manager of the team with around 55 ticks left. and then JJ struck them with a three that sent the game into OT.

shopinas clickers generates a lot of interest for me. given time, i think they can be a contender. they have no legit superstar. their line-up is composed mainly of bench warmers of other teams, but are also talented. duncil, razul, espiritu and ritualo to name a few. it could be blessing or a curse to them. it's up to them to use it to their advantage. but last night's game showed their immaturity.

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 03:59 PM »
Shopinas' Assistant Coach is Cholo Villanueva right? pwede pa naman siya maglaro kung gusto niya at least be another role player in the team to fill in spot minutes when needed.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 04:30 PM »
Shopinas' Assistant Coach is Cholo Villanueva right? pwede pa naman siya maglaro kung gusto niya at least be another role player in the team to fill in spot minutes when needed.

yun nga problema nila eh.. lahat ng player nila eh role players.. wala silang go-to-guy.. yun naging problema nila kahapon against Ginebra.. wala silang mapuntahan at crunch time and they missed pressure-packed free throws.. malas rin sila kasi they didn't have the luxury of elevating players from the amateur ranks when they entered the league.. no worries for them though.. they tank this season and they would most likely get the top pick next year.. if Slaughter and Fajardo enter the next draft, maganda yung pagpipilian nila..
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2011 at 04:32 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 04:34 PM »
maybe yun ang ready nila, the #1 pick for next year. for go-to-guy this season, they should try to trade for a veteran player to hold them together pag crunch time na.

pero i doubt if fajardo will even join the pba. mukhang sa ABL sasali yun for SMC team.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 04:50 PM »
maybe yun ang ready nila, the #1 pick for next year. for go-to-guy this season, they should try to trade for a veteran player to hold them together pag crunch time na.

pero i doubt if fajardo will even join the pba. mukhang sa ABL sasali yun for SMC team.

he has signed up na for SMB sa ABL but I think they're arranging it so that one of their 3 teams can land him by the time he gets to the PBA.. if I'm not mistaken, Ginebra and Petron own high draft rights for next year courtesy of previous deals they had..

as for Shopinas, wala silang player na pwedeng gawing trade bait para makakuha ng decent veteran.. they should just groom Hubalde and Jazul for the time being.. those 2 have been pretty consistent and are not afraid to take the big shots.. pwede rin manghingi na lang sila sa sister team nila.. Barako Bull is loaded so maybe they can ask for Maliksi, Salvacion or Najorda.. pwede rin si Allado kasi dating Green Archer din yun..

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 05:04 PM »
he has signed up na for SMB sa ABL but I think they're arranging it so that one of their 3 teams can land him by the time he gets to the PBA.. if I'm not mistaken, Ginebra and Petron own high draft rights for next year courtesy of previous deals they had...

as for Shopinas, wala silang player na pwedeng gawing trade bait para makakuha ng decent veteran.. they should just groom Hubalde and Jazul for the time being.. those 2 have been pretty consistent and are not afraid to take the big shots.. pwede rin manghingi na lang sila sa sister team nila.. Barako Bull is loaded so maybe they can ask for Maliksi, Salvacion or Najorda.. pwede rin si Allado kasi dating Green Archer din yun..

unfortunately, di ganon kasimple yun. kung sister teams nga sila kailangan may team-in-between ang magiging trade deals nila. so either makipagtrade sila sa mga teams ni mvp or sa mga teams ng smb.

as for a go-to-guy, laos na ba talaga si ritualo? o wala ng kumpiyansa sa sarili? si duncil at si hubalde kagagaling lang sa championship sa petron at maganda naman ang pinakitang laro, lalo na sa tapang ng loob. siguro consistency na lang ang kailangan. pagkakataon na nila dahil kung sa ibang mga team na pinanggalingan nila di sila nabibigyan ng maraming playing time dahil sa dami ng superstars, ngayon sila ang mga "superstars" ng team nila!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #47 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 05:23 PM »
^ Ritualo has never been able to approximate the great success he had in the amateurs - where he was surrounded by exceptional talent (DLSU's Filam era & Tanduay Rhum's PBL reign) ..... shooting does become easier when you're not the primary offensive threat.

Ritualo was never a pro superstar to begin with - having never developed the other facets of his game, other than the longhot of course ...... honestly, I can probably count with one hand, the number of times I've seen Ritualo score on a layup & I've watched quite a number of games.

As for the SHOPINAS CLICKERS further developing their team ..... dont count on it.

This team is owned by Mr. Bert Lina - the man whose sole purpose in joining the PBA is to draft & collect talent, then SELL them to the elite teams.

The number of WTF trades that Bert Lina had engineered for his AIR21/FEDEX/BURGER KING team throughout the years, is absolutely mind-boggling (most, where to SMC teams of course).

One standout example:

Near the tail-end of the 2009 PBA season, then BURGER KING traded their marquee player Arwind Santos  (even then, he was a perennial Best Player of the Conference & season MVP contender) to SAN MIGUEL ...... he was traded for Ken Bono, Marc Pingris & a draft pick.

Marc Pingris was "released" to PUREFOODS the following day, while Ken Bono was waived a few weeks after.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 27, 2011 at 05:30 PM »
unfortunately, di ganon kasimple yun. kung sister teams nga sila kailangan may team-in-between ang magiging trade deals nila. so either makipagtrade sila sa mga teams ni mvp or sa mga teams ng smb.

as for a go-to-guy, laos na ba talaga si ritualo? o wala ng kumpiyansa sa sarili? si duncil at si hubalde kagagaling lang sa championship sa petron at maganda naman ang pinakitang laro, lalo na sa tapang ng loob. siguro consistency na lang ang kailangan. pagkakataon na nila dahil kung sa ibang mga team na pinanggalingan nila di sila nabibigyan ng maraming playing time dahil sa dami ng superstars, ngayon sila ang mga "superstars" ng team nila!

Shopinas would not have a problem looking for a conduit team to make a trade possible with Barako.. ang magiging problema nila is kung papayag yung Barako na guluhin yung team nila ngayon.. they've been winning and they really have built a formidable team.. Alaska and Ginebra have been in the middle of trade rumors right now and both have hinted that a change in line-up is being considered.. either team can be a counduit for Barako and Shopinas..

as for Ritualo, the problem isn't his confidence anymore.. he's getting his minutes and he's getting his shots.. ang problema lang, walang bago sa laro niya.. he's just a shooter and nothing more.. mabagal na siya at maliit rin.. madali na siya bantayan.. put a taller and younger guy on him and he will struggle.. Shopinas is getting their production from their guards.. Hubalde, Duncil, Ritualo and Jazul.. James Sena is the only big man they have who's consistent, churning out double-double numbers almost every game.. as the season progresses, I think they will get better.. next conference unlimited height naman yung imports so dun na lang sila bumawi..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 28, 2011 at 09:37 AM »
those are what shopinas needs -- at least 2 veterans to stabilize them during crunchtime, a go-to guy, and another big man. this is just their maiden season anyway. they are still a work in progress. a diamond in the rough, so to speak.

as for ritualo, his shooting is both his strength and his weakness. one dimensional kasi sya eh. that's why it's so easy to clamp him down. tapatan mo lang ng matinding defender, sira na ang laro nya. i agree with one observation that it would be hard for them to have a trade deal anytime soon. it's hard to dangle role players in exchange for a superstar.

as far as the alaska-ginebra trade, both teams have already denied it. although history would say that all the other trades that were consummated int he pba were initially denied by the involved teams. i really hope ginebra could get another center. menk is on the sunset of his career already. he is not as dominant as he was. mamaril is not really impressive at all. yancy is all the more disappointing. he had flashes of brilliance last conference but that was it. and for his height, he always plays outside. rico is the only bright spot sa center slot ng ginebra.   

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 28, 2011 at 04:03 PM »
Shopinas joined the PBA for commercial purposes, its an e-commerce that they want people to know for shopping on line.
They just will continue to develpo and give exposure to their players then sell them as GLADIATORS like in the movies.
They aint serious of winning any PBA titles, all they want is just to make money out of their players via trades with other PBA teams.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 10:12 PM »
After winning their first three games, Petron has now lost three games in a row, to Meralco, Talk N Text, and Powerade. They are now feeling the continued absence of Rabeh, Jay Wash, Dondon and Lordy.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #52 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM »

I'm actually starting to like it again.. sana magtuloy tuloy.. my last favorite team was swift with meneses, now parang I like Rain or shine..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM »
After winning their first three games, Petron has now lost three games in a row, to Meralco, Talk N Text, and Powerade. They are now feeling the continued absence of Rabeh, Jay Wash, Dondon and Lordy.

Nagpapadehado lng mga yan. They are even better now with Lutz and a healthy Joseph Yeo and they're also giving Baclao the much needed breaks this elimination to toughen him up come the semis. They won the championship against Talk N text w/o Rabeh, J Was, Lordy and Dondon.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 10:44 PM »
I'm actually starting to like it again.. sana magtuloy tuloy.. my last favorite team was swift with meneses, now parang I like Rain or shine..

Mukhang idol mu ata si Yeng Guiao
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #55 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 11:02 PM »
nice i didn't know that.. well good for their youngsters, maaga mag mamature..  :)
The Pats way...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 11:32 PM »
Nagpapadehado lng mga yan. They are even better now with Lutz and a healthy Joseph Yeo and they're also giving Baclao the much needed breaks this elimination to toughen him up come the semis. They won the championship against Talk N text w/o Rabeh, J Was, Lordy and Dondon.

I doubt na nagpapadehado lang sila.. kulang na talaga sila sa tao.. they were once the deepest team pero ngayon wala ng maipasok si Ato.. nung Friday vs. TNT, Cabagnot played 48mins, Lutz, 44 and Arwind 40 mins.. that's their top 3 players.. si Ildefonso nga had to play 30 mins.. last conference nanalo sila kasi they still had Pennisi, Salvacion, Hubalde and Duncil.. may import pa.. if you look at their bench now, mas marami pa ang coach nila.. they even had to sign a free agent PG just to have another warm body.. they're also planning to activate Lordy Tugade once Shopinas signs his release papers.. those long minutes for their top players will take its toll and they won't have enough to go on pagdating sa playoffs..

I'm liking Barako Bull now.. been a big fan of Danny Seigle and it was nice seeing him play well nung Saturday.. Dylan Ababou is really making a believer out of me.. the guy can really play.. ang ganda rin ng attitude sa laro.. walang ere at hustle lang.. ang sipag sa opensa at depensa.. Barako and Rain or Shine have the most balanced line-up ngayon.. if Barako goes deep this conference, magiging problema lang nila eh coaching.. RoS doesn't have that problem..

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #57 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 05:23 AM »
PETRON has long been shallow on the SG position ...... the main reason why they're struggling a bit.

Lutz has been playing great, however he has been overworked & has seen little relief from the bench (IMO Yeo has been a disappointment since PETRON traded for him).

The big reason they won last conference, was the import Anthony Grundy - who was the perfect fit at SG ..... and to an extent, Jojo Duncil, who provided a little bit of everything for PETRON.

I would say that Jay Washington's sidelining was a great blessing to PETRON since it absolutely freed-up Arwind Santos' game, which is best served when he freelances rather than wait on the wings (which he always did when Washington was around).

True PBA fans should be very worried if PETRON continues to slide ...... if the losing continues, expect another set of lopsided trades to benefit PETRON.

Note that more than half of PETRON's current lineup came from WTF trades from Bert Lina's pimp teams FEDEX/AIR21/BURGER KING.

I wouldn't be surprised to see extremely promising rookies Dylan Ababou and/or Alain Maliksi being suddenly "traded" to PETRON or the two other SMC teams.

SMC has that big a warchest (not to mention Danding Cojuangco's life mantra of winning-at-all-costs) ..... while Bert Lina just loves that moolah (Arwind Santos for P20M anyone?).

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2011 at 05:31 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline skylynx888

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • breastmilk is also good for adults
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 08:18 AM »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Oct 31, 2011 at 09:17 AM »
Joseph Yeo is a clutch player, many times bigla kng titirahan ng tres at ang lalayu pa.
Playing time lng ang kulang when he transfered to Petron. Coach ATO just loves to play Denok Miranda and Alex Cabognot together coz its very effective match up wise against the speed of TNTs backcourt combos.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!