Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 140336 times)

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #90 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 01:52 PM »
Guys ang MALI ay MALI! Kahit ano pang ibigay nating dahilan at rason! Guiao hitting a player or any player in any sport hitting someone should not play sports! Maliban na lang kung boxing, taekwondo, et al.
Old school? Kahit marumi ilaro basta manalo? Anong satisfaction yun? It's just wrong...in all size, shape and form. >:(

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 368
« Reply #91 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 02:08 PM »
Nobody is saying what Guiao did was right ..... just pointing out that old school sports & personalities will tend to do that.

Did Menor deserve that specific bump - defnitely yes ..... you dont go taunting in a fellow's own backyard & get away without resistance (Menor was air-pistoling an opponent in the face, a game back for chrissakes) ..... though nothing more excessive than that specific bump, of course.

Did Guiao deserve the suspension - definitely yes ..... what he did was wrong & he was rightfully suspended for the remainder of the game - should prolly be fined by Salud as well.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #92 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 07:35 PM »
speaking of bad things, Ali Peek was reportedly shot earlier today.. According to some tweets from players and PBA people, he's at Medical City right now.. he's stable and conscious naman daw.. Hoping he's alright and praying for it too..

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #93 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 07:41 PM »
That's what I meant .... Guiao will give out the instructions to hit, when he sees that his players are being roughed-up and taunted by opposing players (or getting the short end of the referee's stick .... which was almost a given during those SMB golden years).

Like I said, the man is old school ...... every one of those old-school coaches will do the same & worse.

People should have seen games during the early 80's ..... I saw it all live - elbow to the liver, knees to the groin, spit in the eyes (Big Boy Reynoso, Onchie Dela Cruz, etc).

Not to mention the GOD FATHER of them all THE BIG J and his galant Ginebra Hardcourt warriors.

Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #94 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 08:34 PM »
Guys ang MALI ay MALI! Kahit ano pang ibigay nating dahilan at rason! Guiao hitting a player or any player in any sport hitting someone should not play sports! Maliban na lang kung boxing, taekwondo, et al.
Old school? Kahit marumi ilaro basta manalo? Anong satisfaction yun? It's just wrong...in all size, shape and form. >:(

tama. ang mali ay mali. pero sino bang player ng kahit na anong sport na may contact ang ni minsan ay di nag-init, nairita, naasar o nainis sa kalaban lalo pa't nararamdaman mong iniisahan ka na o sinasadya na ang ginagawa? kung sa chess nga, na sinabi ni jaworski ay para sa mga taong ayaw ng physical contact, kung minsan ay may mga player na hinahawi ang mga piyesa sa galit o di kaya ay nagpupukpukan ng board sa ulo, lalo na kung may pustahan, hehe, e di lalo pa sa basketball na di maiiwasang magkatamaan, sadya man o di sinasadya. kung si Ildefonso nga na relihiyoso ay nakalimot at umakyat ng stands kasama si Pingris para hanapin yung fan ng Ginebrang sobrang mang-asar e di hindi na nakapagtataka na si Arboleda ay mambugbog ng fan na sobra ding mang-alaska.

sabihin na nating dapat talaga iwasang magkasakitan sa kahit na anong larong pampalakasan, kung minsan di maiwasang kinakailangan ding manggulang. ang sabi nga e para-paraan lamang yan.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Nov 07, 2011 at 08:47 PM »
speaking of bad things, Ali Peek was reportedly shot earlier today.. According to some tweets from players and PBA people, he's at Medical City right now.. he's stable and conscious naman daw.. Hoping he's alright and praying for it too..

Just heard about this too ..... heard he's stable, but he was apparently shot in the neck (!).

Let's hope that Peek recovers soon & get to play as well.

A quiet operator on the court .... same demeanor off the court as well - got to meet him a few times (mostly with Alapag) in Greenhills. Both are regulars in EYO. 

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 11:23 AM »
Man, MVP really takes care of his players.. He just offered a P500K reward for information that will lead to the arrest of the gunman that shot Ali Peek.. here's the sketch of the shooter, just in case you see him:

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2011/11/peek-suspect.jpg

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 01:34 PM »
Man, MVP really takes care of his players.. He just offered a P500K reward for information that will lead to the arrest of the gunman that shot Ali Peek.. here's the sketch of the shooter, just in case you see him:

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/assets/2011/11/peek-suspect.jpg

could this be because of game fixing? same as what Mac Baracael experienced in his FEU days?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 01:45 PM »
could this be because of game fixing? same as what Mac Baracael experienced in his FEU days?

attempted robbery daw according to initial findings by police..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Nov 08, 2011 at 03:22 PM »
attempted robbery daw according to initial findings by police..

minsan mahirap din paniwalaan un mga reports ng police ksi mostly cover ups ang nanyayari to clean some mess
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Nov 10, 2011 at 02:48 PM »
ginebra, after winning two consecutive come from behind games, suffered two consecutive loses. the last one, at the hands of TnT was a blow out. thereafter, mark "the spark" caguioa, came out lashing at their "co"-coaches. "it's not right to experiment with the line-up before the crowd, during the game", "i can't help the team sitting on the bench", "JJ and I were doing good during the last two games, why suddenly change it", were some of his words. and, in one interview, he was asked if he was happy with what's happening with his team, his candid response was "no, i'm not happy".

being a ginebra fan,i admit that i too am not happy with them. i understand the thrust of coach siot to give the new players their time to shine and, perhaps, take over from the veterans. however, i personally think that it was not right for him to let Mark and JJ ride the bench most of the time. although getting old, they are, especially mark, still the best players of their team. the spark was even close to winning the MVP award last season were it not for the intervention of the other MVP.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 06:57 AM »
ginebra, after winning two consecutive come from behind games, suffered two consecutive loses. the last one, at the hands of TnT was a blow out. thereafter, mark "the spark" caguioa, came out lashing at their "co"-coaches. "it's not right to experiment with the line-up before the crowd, during the game", "i can't help the team sitting on the bench", "JJ and I were doing good during the last two games, why suddenly change it", were some of his words. and, in one interview, he was asked if he was happy with what's happening with his team, his candid response was "no, i'm not happy".

being a ginebra fan,i admit that i too am not happy with them. i understand the thrust of coach siot to give the new players their time to shine and, perhaps, take over from the veterans. however, i personally think that it was not right for him to let Mark and JJ ride the bench most of the time. although getting old, they are, especially mark, still the best players of their team. the spark was even close to winning the MVP award last season were it not for the intervention of the other MVP.

The team is loaded with talents in the off guard position, coaches cant help but experiment from time to time but this certainly will affect the cohesiveness of the team as they arent rotating the players properly.
Playing time is also a factor coz sometimes players played bad from the start but given more time inside the court, they warmed up and start to play better.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2011 at 09:23 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 07:40 AM »
definitely. also, making their best player, and their most efficient duo, sit on the bench for most of the game won't help them at all.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 12:16 PM »
looks like rebuilding for Ginebra has begun.. a trade has been sealed and Ginebra is involved.. no names yet but announcement to be released soon.. it's a big trade according to SMC sports director Noli Eala.. matutuwa kaya si Caguioa nito o baka siya yung involved?

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM »
heard the news too. well, i hope the spark is not involved. for one, he is still their top scorer, despite the very limited minutes he's having. second, the fans will definitely not sit well with that. although i think the die hards will not shift allegiance, i'm sure that there will be some who might.

kung matutuwa si caguioa sa trade remains to be seen, assuming that he is not involved in it. depende siguro sa makukuha ng team. besides, he had already said in an interview that they do not need a trade.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #105 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 05:46 PM »
heard the news too. well, i hope the spark is not involved. for one, he is still their top scorer, despite the very limited minutes he's having. second, the fans will definitely not sit well with that. although i think the die hards will not shift allegiance, i'm sure that there will be some who might.

kung matutuwa si caguioa sa trade remains to be seen, assuming that he is not involved in it. depende siguro sa makukuha ng team. besides, he had already said in an interview that they do not need a trade.

pwede bang caguio trade with dela cruz of alaska?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 06:29 PM »

lugi Ginebra diyan.. they'll lose their best scorer and get someone who'll only duplicate what Intal, Canaleta, Tubid or Wilson are already doing for them.. Ginebra needs a legitimate post presence.. someone who commands a double team at the post.. tipong Sonny Thoss..

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 09:30 PM »

brader, luging-lugi ang ginebra dyan. tsaka one-dimensional player si dela cruz. spot-up and that's it. he cannot create his own space.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Nov 11, 2011 at 11:11 PM »
lugi Ginebra diyan.. they'll lose their best scorer and get someone who'll only duplicate what Intal, Canaleta, Tubid or Wilson are already doing for them.. Ginebra needs a legitimate post presence.. someone who commands a double team at the post.. tipong Sonny Thoss..

Yes post presence ang kulang sa Ginebra, Rico Villanueva and Billy Mamaril isnt dominating the middle.
They dont even have good power forwards.
These days we dont really have those low post power moves like those of Patrimonio, Asaytono, Terry Saldana, Yoyoy Villamin.
Nowadays its more or frontal attacks ala Kelly Williams.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Nov 12, 2011 at 12:23 AM »
Danny Ildefonso was the last great back-to-the-basket type of player to come out of the amateur ranks.. the entry of the Fil-Ams and the renewed effort to regain international prominence has forced big men to develop other facets of the game as well.. we're seeing more and more big men facing the basket and taking their defenders one on one.. there's nothing bad about that but for teams that thrive on a half-court set, a post presence is needed..

sa PBA ngayon, Sonny Thoss is the only big man who commands a double team at the post.. he's also the only one left with the right skills to be able to do that.. yung ibang malalaki sa PBA either matanda na or wala talagang post-up moves.. mas marami pa nga akong nakikitang point guards na pumoposte kaysa big man..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Nov 12, 2011 at 08:57 AM »
Danny Ildefonso was the last great back-to-the-basket type of player to come out of the amateur ranks.. the entry of the Fil-Ams and the renewed effort to regain international prominence has forced big men to develop other facets of the game as well.. we're seeing more and more big men facing the basket and taking their defenders one on one.. there's nothing bad about that but for teams that thrive on a half-court set, a post presence is needed..

sa PBA ngayon, Sonny Thoss is the only big man who commands a double team at the post.. he's also the only one left with the right skills to be able to do that.. yung ibang malalaki sa PBA either matanda na or wala talagang post-up moves.. mas marami pa nga akong nakikitang point guards na pumoposte kaysa big man..

Basketball is very different nowadays. Masyado nilang ginaya ang european style w/c is basically about ball movements, shooting and running the breaks.
Before its more on shooting, one on one and post up moves.
Dun tlga natin nakikita un talent ng isang player who can create scoring for himself.
We also see high scoring imports those days w/c are a joy to watch.
Now, hndi na makaporma mga imports so parang sayang lng ang pagkuha at pagbayad sa knila.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 11:32 PM »
Man, Sonny Thoss' name is really present in every trade rumor I've read and heard.. it's weird because he's the only thing going right for Alaska right now.. he's their most consistent player.. pag may lumulutang pa namang pangalan na taga-Alaska, usually totoo.. when Devance was rumored to be leaving, Alaska denied but nagkatotoo rin.. same thing with Tim Cone.. ngayon si Thoss to Ginebra naman daw.. but a possible 2002 Ateneo reunion at Alaska is going to happen kung totoo man yung trade.. Tenorio, Villanueva, Gonzales, Bugia and Intal teaming up again with Joel Banal..

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 05:02 AM »
Noli Eala is feeling the pressure from GINEBRA officials and the hard clamor from it's fanbase ...... they need post presence and they need it now. Enrico Villanueva has made the rounds of all 3 SMC teams - and he has shown nowhere near his old RED BULL form.

Thoss being the best post player nowadays, would be the most coveted one.

ALASKA is struggling - Banal's logic would be to shake things up and just might bite the Thoss-Intal/Villanueva offer .... thus getting back his old ADMU team. 

If GINEBRA does pursue Thoss, they should do it with caution ...... Thoss is the best center nowadays - but only by default IMO. I agree that it's an era where the traditional back-to-the-basket players are all but gone ...... and Thoss is the best one remaining (I wouldn't pick Thoss over recent bigs Ildefonso, Espino, a-motivated Aquino, etc).

Thoss is good, but magnified by Cone's deliberate triangle system ..... Thoss might struggle with GINEBRA's traditional plays where the bigs (Menk/Hatfield) flash from on top, rather than camp out in the post.

In anycase, Thoss will still be a good addition to the GINEBRA camp ..... much better that what an aging Menk, an inept De Ocampo and a disinterested Villanueva has been giving them.

The thing that GINEBRA fans should watch out for is the 2012 PBA draft ....... MASTER PIMP Bert Lina gave GINEBRA it's 1st round pick next year - yet another one of it's WTF sale este WTF trades.

The 2012 draft will feature a multitude of quality D-LEAGUE Filam bigs e.g. Hodge, Ellis ..... who could have joined the recent 2011 PBA draft, where it not for a last-minute draft rule preventing Filams from entering (methinks Salud did this for draft parity and bigger spotlight on the GILAS' boys entry). 

There's the possibility that local bigs e.g. Slaughter, Abueva, etc might enter the 2012 draft as well.

GINEBRA is primed for the next draft .... they have their own pick PLUS the one sold este traded by Bert Lina.

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2011 at 06:03 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline hotrod

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 06:01 AM »

I don't know if this is true...

And third, one big trade FINALLY done. Start of “rebuilding” and “fitting the pieces of the puzzle”. – Via @NoliEala on Twitter.

Yes it’s confirmed: S. Thoss, M. Baracael and N. Baclao for BGK. Petron got J. Aquino and M. Cortez. Alaska got E. Villanueva, JC. Intal and R. Guevarra. Kinopya ko lang sa Alaska forum daw galing. – R. galing kay @Sonny Lanorias

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #114 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:32 PM »
guys, sana may makapag confirm na nito if true or not. =)

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:32 PM by ivannn »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #115 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:48 PM »
Sayang naman kung bibitawan ng Ginebra si Mike Cortez. He is solid at point guard position para palitan sila ni Jayjay...

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 02:50 PM »
yep solid si cool cat as PG of bgk. sana di siya part ng trade if ever. =)

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #117 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:02 PM »
sana eto ang mga pan trade ng BGK, DE OCAMPO,VILLANUEVA, MAMARIL puro LOW IQ sa basketball isama na rin c TUBID na sobrang YABANG  ;D ;D ;D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:07 PM »
the scenario above has already been denied by SMC sports director Noli Eala.. Thoss, Villanueva and Intal are the names that have been rumored to be on the move.. from fans to reporters to player agents, those 3 names ang matunog na malilipat ng team..

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Nov 14, 2011 at 03:13 PM »
wow. good. pero sana magka official announcement na ng trade/s para maiba naman.