Author Topic: Locally bought BDs has shake movements when viewing  (Read 1402 times)

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 229
Locally bought BDs has shake movements when viewing
« on: Oct 14, 2011 at 09:19 AM »
I've noticed recently the region 3 bds I bought here locally sometimes has a little shake in some parts of the movie viewing, like every 10mins. Very unnoticeable but it's really there. Quite funny although, I kept wondering there might me something wrong w/ the monitor or maybe the compatibilty of the firmware of the BDP ???

Oh yes region 1 works perfectly fine  ;)
Anyone experience this twilight zone happening?  ;D
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
Re: Locally bought BDs has shake movements when viewing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM »
Nope. Do the BDs really say region "1" and not "A"? Far as I know, Only DVDs use the region numbering designation and BDs use letters.

I have the RED and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete BDs bought locally at Astrovision. However, both are multi-region with the "A, B, C" label. No shake.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2011 at 11:56 AM by Dan »

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 04:58 PM »
Hi there Dan, sorry about the region coding I didnt take note at it properly as Im use to the DVDs labeling as Region 1,2 or 3.  I mean that the locally BDs I bought here (AstroVision) has those "shakes" I've notice although only 2 BD titles I experience it was LimitLess & HereAfter, quite weird alright. My BDP is an old unit also I was guessing this was the culprit, hopefully not the Monitor ;D

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 07:18 PM »
Maybe your bd player already needs a firmware update.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 07:44 PM »
Hi there Dan, sorry about the region coding I didnt take note at it properly as Im use to the DVDs labeling as Region 1,2 or 3.  I mean that the locally BDs I bought here (AstroVision) has those "shakes" I've notice although only 2 BD titles I experience it was LimitLess & HereAfter, quite weird alright. My BDP is an old unit also I was guessing this was the culprit, hopefully not the Monitor ;D

No problem. I just got a little confused and wanted to make sure I answered properly. Those BDs at Astrovision, where are they made? Here or sa US? I wasn't expecting C-Interactive to put out a BD with their branding that actually works, given their notoriety for a lot of botched DVDs over the years. But RED turned out quite alright.

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
No problem. I just got a little confused and wanted to make sure I answered properly. Those BDs at Astrovision, where are they made? Here or sa US? I wasn't expecting C-Interactive to put out a BD with their branding that actually works, given their notoriety for a lot of botched DVDs over the years. But RED turned out quite alright.

Not sure where it came from, locally or in the U.S., Anyone of our Braders here have any ideas on where the BDs here locally came from?

Offline at_sunset_blvd

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
Maybe your bd player already needs a firmware update.

I think thats the main thing that needs to be done first alright :)