Author Topic: MNET Channel and International Reality Competition Singing Shows  (Read 239880 times)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Reality Performance Shows: Operacion Triunfo, Fame Academy, Idols
« Reply #90 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 09:55 AM »
For the record... it's Fame Academy I got you hooked on.  ;D

The Idols Top 12 have released a CD! Spiff, know anyone going to South Africa so we can ask them to buy us copies?  ::)

meron na? ooooo.....  ;D (go zama! go nazneen! go posoletso!)

unfortunately wala eh...  :( nagkataon lang  na my cousin left (as of yesterday) for spain to learn higher spanish. kaya i finallly DON'T have to download all those OT gala and special release CDs! (unless umangal siya sa mahal ng mga discs na iyon.... 13 euros ata isa.) *sigh of relief!*

teka teka! how do you guys watch fame academy anyway? my only exposure to this show was when they sent a contestant for the eurobest competition (and of course, the net) who won ba? was it that black guy they sent to the "eurobest competition"... BTW, france placed second sa eurobest...  think england was 5th or something. i myself wasn't too impressed with his performance noon.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2003 at 10:14 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 10:06 AM »
Been watching operacion  too (bad influence kasi si mr. hankey and jude  ;D ) I can't understand them but it's still fun watching. I really have to learn spanish one of these days.

too bad BBC world doesn't show fame academy. Anyone out there from UK who taped every episode of FA1?  ;D

I honestly think that the people at OT eat way too often. Every scene seems to segue into the mess hall to show them eating, hehehe.

Hey acid, gusto mo magsabay mag enroll sa Instituto Cervantes? It's not that much fun learning spanish thru a CD-rom  ???

OMG! it's such a relief to find out that i am not the only soul in this island who actually watches OT. (i missed out on this AM's show, napagod kami sa kaka-pack for my cousin, i slept like a log ... anyone care top fill me in on what happened?)

this week's gala looks promising... the special guest will be rosa (OT1 winner)... i'm not sure kung may nominado na by the end of gala 1 kasi ang alam ko is sa may gala 3 or 4 pa ang unang elimination.... :P

i thought may mag-aaway na especially after sinugod ni miguel sila vicente and israel for being too noisy.

the "consursantes" i am looking out for are divinia (veeerrry cute!), miguel, ramon, noellia, nuria, vicente and ysabel. but who knows... i wasn't an ainhoa (OT2 winner) fan until about gala 6.... :P

yes! they eat a lot... kinda reminds you of filipinos 'no?

muntik na akong masuka when i heard them sing "compleanos feliz" to nina! ugh! ipinanganak pala yung babaeng iyun... honestly tho, she CAN sing incredibly well. and is a fantastic teacher/performer unfortunately, she can be such a b!tch sometimes. be warned! this headmistress plays favoritos...

BTW, the piscina (pool) thing happens every week... it's part of their physical training. i wasn't able to watch this morning's show, but it should have been their first psych session.  ;)

p.s. asan na si helen??? she was my favorite profesora from the last 2 years... i wonder if she got stuck in london... she's the only non-spanish in the faculty pa naman ata.

p.s.s. in case anyone is interested ... i was able to tape last year's gala ganadores (featuring the top 3 of OT2 plus mexico, brazil and italy's winners) and genracion OT (which has all the contestants from OT1 and 2.)
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2003 at 10:29 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #92 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 12:48 AM »
teka teka! how do you guys watch fame academy anyway?

I am the Philippine source of all things Fame Academy...  ;D

I won't tell you who won, since the compilation DVD is well prepared and exciting to watch. You just may get to see it one day.

P.S. - don't search for the DVD on Amazon UK either, that'll instantly give away the winner... sayang... it'll take away the fun.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 01:16 AM »
Hey acid, gusto mo magsabay mag enroll sa Instituto Cervantes? It's not that much fun learning spanish thru a CD-rom  ???

i was supposed to enroll with jude but backed out. i heard late october ang next enrollment period.
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 02:31 AM »
I am the Philippine source of all things Fame Academy...  ;D

I won't tell you who won, since the compilation DVD is well prepared and exciting to watch. You just may get to see it one day.

P.S. - don't search for the DVD on Amazon UK either, that'll instantly give away the winner... sayang... it'll take away the fun.

okay. i promise i won't look...  no. really. i won't. (spiff! get a hold of yourself! ... what... what are your hands typing? a-m-a-z.... STOP!)

one day? ruh-ruh-reeeally???!! *big grin beginning to flash across my face* i-i-is someone planning a "reality show EB that i didn't know about???? he he he...  :P

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • "Will I ever have the courage of my imagination?"
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 02:35 AM »
Was checking out amazon and saw that they have the OT soundtrack. I downloaded the hit song "Color Esperanza" which led me to Diego Torres, which I thought was the winner. Pero he was the actual singer of the song pala and cover version lang yung sa OT. Its a great song by the way.

Pero i'm very pleased because I like what I've heard and can't wait to order all of Diego Torres' albums.

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 02:43 AM »
HAHAHA,  What EB are you talking about??!!  Mr.Hankey and I have traded for several times already and we've never even seen each other. You just both drop off  and pick up the stuff at a certain top secret location and that's about it, lol

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 10:49 AM »
Was checking out amazon and saw that they have the OT soundtrack. I downloaded the hit song "Color Esperanza" which led me to Diego Torres, which I thought was the winner. Pero he was the actual singer of the song pala and cover version lang yung sa OT. Its a great song by the way.

Pero i'm very pleased because I like what I've heard and can't wait to order all of Diego Torres' albums.

hmmmm. OT soundtrack???  you might be referring to the gala CDs. one of the students (enrique anaut) sang "color esperanza" for gala 0. so his version appears in that gala's CD. (which i don't have yet! wah!)

but diego torres re-sang "color esperaza" (with the academy's students providing back-up vocals) for OT2's 2-disc christmas album: "la fuerza de la vida" ... (yeah, that i have already... it's track 1 on disc 2). i like this track too!... among many, many, many others!

i saw diego perform this song during their christmas gala last year... mr. torres is a pretty good live performer. (and quite "diminutive"... as i recall. he he he.) he was a visiting professor at the academy kasi. another big name who appears on that album is kenny g.  ;D

« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2003 at 11:16 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 11:20 AM »
HAHAHA,  What EB are you talking about??!!  Mr.Hankey and I have traded for several times already and we've never even seen each other. You just both drop off  and pick up the stuff at a certain top secret location and that's about it, lol

he he he... ganun ba? kala ko may marathon na mangyayari eh...  ;)

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 06:12 PM »
Great ;D!!! so my interest in Diego Torres has led me back to OperacionTriunfo :)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Oct 05, 2003 at 09:02 PM »
for quidam:

saber que se puede, querer que se pueda,
quitarse los miedos, sacarlos afuera.
pintarse la cara color esperanza,
tentar al futuro con el corazón.

** he he he. your interest has made me wanna hear it again. ;D **
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2003 at 09:05 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Oct 06, 2003 at 12:10 AM »
lol, I can't stop listening to it. ;D

What i'm trying to get now is the OT version......
Saber que se puede.......Querer que se pueda.....
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2003 at 01:19 AM by Quidam »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Oct 06, 2003 at 02:02 AM »
which? the one by enrique at gala 0? or the one with diego torres and the OT2 contestats? if it's the latter and ya like it... then from the same album i HIGHLY RECOMMEND:

"duerme safiya" by chenoa (4th place OT1, she wrote the song), chicas de academia OT2 y academia OT2 (has a very "lion king" feel to it.)

"un segundo el camino" by academia OT2

"la fuerza de la vida" by academia OT2

i guess tama na muna yan...  but to be honest ok naman yung album albeit very christmas-ey...  :P
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2003 at 02:31 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Oct 07, 2003 at 03:03 AM »
Both actually, but only one person in kazaa seems to have the enrique anaut version and the diego torres version with the OT students is non existent, sayang! :(

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Oct 07, 2003 at 03:27 AM »
oh... i... see... sent you a PM. :P

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Oct 07, 2003 at 03:39 AM »
mukhang naligaw PM mo.....it never reached me.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Oct 07, 2003 at 03:42 AM »
oopsie... sorry. medyo na delay... naputol kasi connection ko... it's there now.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Oct 08, 2003 at 06:26 PM »
I saw the second OT performance show. Interesting. I like the way they intersperse the happenings of the week before each performance. Are those like recaps of the daily shows?

One thing I noticed: The voting process is reversed from Fame Academy. On that one, the voting public chooses to save one of the three students on probation, and the contestants themselves vote for who among the remaining two gets to stay.

When do they announce the results, Spiff? On next week's show?

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Oct 08, 2003 at 08:23 PM »
I saw the second OT performance show. Interesting. I like the way they intersperse the happenings of the week before each performance. Are those like recaps of the daily shows?

One thing I noticed: The voting process is reversed from Fame Academy. On that one, the voting public chooses to save one of the three students on probation, and the contestants themselves vote for who among the remaining two gets to stay.

When do they announce the results, Spiff? On next week's show?

actually that's new. dati kasi... during the breaks, actual commercials from the spanish broadcast are shown. (kaya nga i miss the "blah blah blah" and donnetes commercials.) this whole "in-the-week-that-was"-thing just started with this season. (in a way it's good kasi now i don't have to faithfully watch the daily shows. ;D)

the voting process is new... even the way the program is different from last season.

before kasi, the contestants would all sing one after the other (of course, with the obligatory video montage of how they prepared for that week in between.)

after all have done their numbers, the host will call out the week's "favorito" as voted by the audience. the favorito automatically gets to stay in the academy.

the judges (who seemed much harsher the last 2 seasons) then take turns in calling out the remaining students and weed out the ones who will stay in the academy from the 4 contestants they will nominate for eviction. of the 4 who get nominated, one will be "saved" by their fellow students and another by the teachers... leaving 2 students in the "hot seat". votes will be accepted during the week and by next week the one with the least votes gets evicted.

it's not uncommon for the 2 nominees to find a way to redeem themselves from their previous week's dismal performance. last year's winner was in the hot seat THRICE. yet each time she saved herself by turning in a good performance in the following week. (that dazzling performance she put in for gala 13 is still etched in my mind! how i wish i could have taped that!)

so by next week we find out who get's booted off first!

p.s. was i the only one laughing hysterically while there doing that whole "chorus line" thing!

cuteness seems a big factor in keeping you in the academy these days... i suppose it's no coincidence that the 2 better looking guys are in the 1st and 2nd place respectively! (pati kastila pala mahilig din sa may itsura! and yet mediocre lang sila, talent-wise.)

told ya! super iyakan during the 2nd "la acedemia"! kawawa naman si sonia... oldest concursantes pa naman siya at 29.

i saw helen rawson at last! finally at teacher whose first language wasn't spanish! it's funny how you can tell... may punto spanish nya eh.  ;)

sorry for the long post...  ::)
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2003 at 08:24 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Oct 08, 2003 at 11:51 PM »
I still haven't seen a gala :'(

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Oct 13, 2003 at 11:18 PM »
I still haven't seen a gala :'(

Looks like you never will!

Unless it's a misprint, I just checked the TVE schedule, and Operacion Triunfo is no longer on the schedule for TVE Internacional. Not today's gala nor the daily La Academia shows.

What happened? Spiff? Do you know what's up?

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Oct 14, 2003 at 02:05 AM »
Looks like you never will!

Unless it's a misprint, I just checked the TVE schedule, and Operacion Triunfo is no longer on the schedule for TVE Internacional. Not today's gala nor the daily La Academia shows.

What happened? Spiff? Do you know what's up?

napansin ko rin yun! na shock nga ako eh. i will stand vigil tonight to see kung ganun nga. minsan kasi the webmaster just "cuts and pastes" schedules from previous months... i'm hoping this is the case with this... or else! kawawa naman ako! haaaay!  :'(

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
Re:MNET/Movie Magic on Destiny Cable: Discussions of programs
« Reply #112 on: Oct 14, 2003 at 10:57 AM »

The issue of signal pirating came to fore after Destiny Cable allegedly started carrying channels pirated from a South African DTH (direct-to-home) service in the guise of a "test broadcast". Destiny began airing M-NET Variety, Movie Magic and Super Sports which are not licensed for carriage in the Philippines. The signals of the three channels are being picked up from DTH provider M-NET without the benefit of commercial programming arrangements.

The NTC has been trying to formulate rules that will put foreign program providers under its jurisdiction, just as cable is. However, it seems it has not done enough to implement existing rules, in particular, those against signal piracy that rob legitimate cable operators of revenues and market share.

There are also reports that Destiny was illegally downlinking MTV Asia too. That is why when MTV encrypted, Destiny was cut.

Let us just hope that NTC commissioner Armi Jane Borje will look into this matter seriously so she can prove to everyone that she is not favoring Destiny, especially after rumors have it that she once lawyered for Destiny?s broadband affiliate.
~~~~end of quote~~~~~

And there is talk now that Destiny and Global Cable ( a known signal pirate) have already merged with Destiny concentrating on the data business while Global taking over the cable subscription business.

The Commission should go after signal pirates masquerading as  operators and not favor certain entities by issuing self serving memo circulars! ( as interfering in channel arrangements and legitemate contracts of operators with program providers )

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Oct 14, 2003 at 07:08 PM »
minsan kasi the webmaster just "cuts and pastes" schedules from previous months... i'm hoping this is the case with this...

Apparently that was it.  ;)

So wait, let me get this straight: When you get voted off, you're asked to stay until the end of the show and forced to sing the closing number while you're crying... then you're given a brand new car, but it turns out to be... a FIAT???

Talk about adding insult to injury!  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 03:52 AM »
Apparently that was it.  ;)

So wait, let me get this straight: When you get voted off, you're asked to stay until the end of the show and forced to sing the closing number while you're crying... then you're given a brand new car, but it turns out to be... a FIAT???

Talk about adding insult to injury!  ;D

yup! (pero natakot din ako talaga!)

actually yung mga natanggal last year walang kotse (even the winners)... i think this year... lahat sila meron... but carlos wants to keep it hush-hush... para di malaman ng ibang contestants.

as for the "walk/singing of shame"... yup... it has always been like that... but it's not really that bad... the evicted will still continue their studying in the "post-academia"... some of the teachers there are from the academy rin. (BTW, after the "crying walk"... usually dapat sibat na... it just happened differently this time... para mapakita yung kotse. baka sa susunod di na ganun.)

as a rule... all the the first singles of the contestants will be released by vale music (one of the show's main sponsors) ... siguro by november... may single na si ysabel. where that single will take her... asa kanya na... only the top 6 contestants are guaranteed a contract by vale music for their first album. but if may potential yung iba... ino-offer din ng kontrata.  :P

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re:Performance Reality Shows: Operacion Triunfo, Fame Academy, Idols
« Reply #115 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 05:58 AM »
Its also interesting na bumabalik pa sa house after the show, for one last time, yung person voted off for a despedida. I think its also great na their training is still continued after they're voted off.

Who will you be voting off? Jorge or Fede?

Btw, spiff, nagpabili ka ba sa cousin mo nung Operacion Triunfo la pelicula?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 06:27 AM »
only the top 6 contestants are guaranteed a contract by vale music for their first album.

Huh?

If the top six are all guaranteed record contracts, and the evictees are still given lessons after being voted off... then what the heck is the point of this show? Why should we even bother finding out who the winner is?

Weird.

Oh, if Delilah-guy gets the boot next week... I'm not sure he'll fit in a FIAT.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 03:08 PM »
Its also interesting na bumabalik pa sa house after the show, for one last time, yung person voted off for a despedida. I think its also great na their training is still continued after they're voted off.

Who will you be voting off? Jorge or Fede?

Btw, spiff, nagpabili ka ba sa cousin mo nung Operacion Triunfo la pelicula?

i haven't really talked to her except through text... she's really busy settling in eh... she's staying there for several months kasi. but don't worry... i'll remind her about it.  ::)

takot si fede (as evidence by his deer-in-headlights expression after the gala)... mukhang well liked kasi ng crowd si jorge... talent wise, i think jorge beats fede... but as for "star" potential... hmmmm.... medyo kulang si jorge dun.

yup... there is a sort of "goodbye time" sa academy. i was surprised na hindi nga ginawa sa rehearsal hall... dun dati yung ginagawa... it was funny seeing nina trying to get rid of ysabel... nauubos na kasi oras nila eh... panay ang "vamonos!" nya! LOL.

Huh?

If the top six are all guaranteed record contracts, and the evictees are still given lessons after being voted off... then what the heck is the point of this show? Why should we even bother finding out who the winner is?

Weird.

Oh, if Delilah-guy gets the boot next week... I'm not sure he'll fit in a FIAT.

while all six (yung matitira sa huling gala) are guaranteed record contracts... the "size" of the contract is different. the top three of course get better producers and writers... for example, OT2 winner's album was produced by emilio estefan... and featured jon secada, shakira and dianne warren as just some of the writers. she even recorded the album in miami... (don't worry! you'll see all this pag nabigay ko na sa 'yo yung gala ganadores ng OT2. ;D)

the point of having a "post-academia" is para di naman masayang yung naumpisahan na. di ba? i mean para saan pa yung magandang initial training nila kung babalik pa sila sa dati rin nilang buhay.

aside from seeking future stars... the major thrust of the show is to decide who will represent spain in the eurovision songfest. and the top three will have to fight it out for that "privilege".
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2003 at 01:22 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 03:09 PM »
may nanalo na ba sa idols?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Oct 15, 2003 at 06:04 PM »
may nanalo na ba sa idols?

Nope. Jacques just got eliminated. Anke got the most votes.

Now it's down to Posoletso vs. Anke... A classic "black & white" confrontation.  :)

Oh, and as a special bonus for next week's finale: Idols 1 champion Heinz Winckler will be a special guest star, performing alongside... Pop Idol 1 runner-up Gareth Gates.  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2003 at 06:07 PM by Mr. Hankey »