Author Topic: HtIb as a DVD player and connect to receiver through hdmi  (Read 513 times)

Offline rvpaguio

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi pdvd folks,

I currently have a Panasonic scpt75 htIb in my room which has been efficient specially because of the USB / hard drive feature.  I am going on an upgrade path and am considering buying an entry to mid level receiver and speaker set.  My question is, though I know its possible to route the hdmi out of the htIb to the receiver, would the htIb output 5.1 audio to be processed by the receiver? Or the audio would just be plain stereo? I have seen the hdmi option menu of the htIb and confirmed both video and audio options capability.  What is not clear to me is the audio output.  I have searched the web and support of Panasonic but cannot get any information.  Thank you very much for the assistance, this will save me some money because if my plan is possible, then I need not buy a new DVD player.  Cheers and more power. 

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: HtIb as a DVD player and connect to receiver through hdmi
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2011 at 03:32 PM »
I think I read somewhere here or in other fora, I'm not really sure, that its possible except that using a dvd-receiver as your "stand alone" player consumes more electricity than a regular dvd player since it still provides power to your speaker terminals even if your not going to use them. Haven't tried it seeing that sayang naman if your going to use it that way. Better sell the htib and get a less expensive dvd player.