Author Topic: Speaker/Sound System for LG BD390  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Tyrannosaurus

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • The Greatest Predator!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Speaker/Sound System for LG BD390
« on: Nov 09, 2011 at 01:06 AM »
Greetings to all PDVD members! Need your advice on this simple matter...hope it's not too much to ask.

I own an LG BD390 blu-ray player that I brought with me from the US, which has a 7.1 channel analog output. I'm hoping if anyone here could recommend what speaker/sound system would work best on it and how much would it cost me? With a Panasonic 46U20V plasma to accompany my BD390, I felt that the only thing that's lacking is a set of speakers that would bring out the best audio in the blu-ray movies that I'm watching.  :-[

A friend of mine was thinking if I could just make use of the 5.1 HTIB speakers from an old Sony DVD receiver lying around on my father's house...para hindi naman daw masayang at magamit ko pa sa existing blu-ray ko. Is that even possible?  ???

I don't want to end up buying a new blu-ray player/receiver...gastos na naman if ever!  :(

Pardon my ignorance on the subject. I hope someone could enlighten me. Thanks in advance!  :)

In 3D 4/05/13

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Speaker/Sound System for LG BD390
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2011 at 01:50 AM »
You can use that Sony 5.1 HTIB to experience 5.1 DD or DTS audio if and only of, your HTIB has any  the following:

a. 5.1 Analog input, set of 6 RCA for FR, FR, C, SL, SR, and SW/LFE
b. An Optical or Coaxial Digital Input (assuming that your HTIB supports DTS and DD Decoding.

Otherwise you can buy any of the following (with your posted limitations):

a. Analog 5.1 Speaker system made by Genius, Logitech, A4tech, Creative (price from 2.5K to 10K)
b. 5.1 Speaker system with Build-in DD/DTS Decoder like Logitech Z-5500, Logitech Z-680 (price from 10K to 15K)
c. Entry Level 5.1 HTIB (with DVD Player and Optical Input) made by Pioneer, Samsung, Sony and Panasonic (7.5K to 12K)

Greetings to all PDVD members! Need your advice on this simple matter...hope it's not too much to ask.

I own an LG BD390 blu-ray player that I brought with me from the US, which has a 7.1 channel analog output. I'm hoping if anyone here could recommend what speaker/sound system would work best on it and how much would it cost me? With a Panasonic 46U20V plasma to accompany my BD390, I felt that the only thing that's lacking is a set of speakers that would bring out the best audio in the blu-ray movies that I'm watching.  :-[

A friend of mine was thinking if I could just make use of the 5.1 HTIB speakers from an old Sony DVD receiver lying around on my father's house...para hindi naman daw masayang at magamit ko pa sa existing blu-ray ko. Is that even possible?  ???

I don't want to end up buying a new blu-ray player/receiver...gastos na naman if ever!  :(

Pardon my ignorance on the subject. I hope someone could enlighten me. Thanks in advance!  :)

Offline Tyrannosaurus

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • The Greatest Predator!
  • Liked:
Re: Speaker/Sound System for LG BD390
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2011 at 08:35 PM »
Thanks Philander for the swift and informative reply.  ;)

Due to budget constraints, I think this analog 5.1 Logitech Z506 Surround Sound Speakers will suffice:
http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Logitech_Z506

Siguro naman pupwede na ito sa LG BD390 ko.... saka na muna ang 7.1 pag nakalipat nako sa mas maluwag na bahay.  ;D

In 3D 4/05/13