Author Topic: Measy X7 Android Media Player  (Read 96407 times)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Measy X7 Android Media Player (DONT BUY THIS PRODUCT) unless...
« Reply #270 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 11:11 AM »
technically it is how do you say. but it seams that they made something wrong in hardware how it was implemented. so you cant install andorid 2.3

technically similar hardware is already working with andorid 3. but this can even being udpated to 2.3.

measy has confirmed that the firmware update to 2.3 will no t be compatible with our device.

Thanks for your persistence tatubias.

I emailed my Measy X7 customers on why andriod 2.3 cant install and initiated a replacement program, since they are only a handful. Some dont mind staying in their current version.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2012 at 08:19 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline yajkram24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #271 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 01:05 PM »
I'm returning mine to sir annot. Not just because It cannot be upgraded but still I cant access the android market.

Offline yajkram24

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 01:30 PM »
Measy you mess up!!!

Offline tatubias

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #273 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 01:05 AM »
i have spent too much time fixing issues on the devices. what i can see is that MEASY has not made any effort to fix any of the millions of issues that we have sent them thought email.

Really it seems that they don't care about the client or the support. they sell and forget.

Offline yajkram24

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 04:43 AM »
What more I can say... I bought the wrong player from my hard earned money. Even a legit customer support they can't give.

Offline THE Dream

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 11:16 AM »
technically it is how do you say. but it seams that they made something wrong in hardware how it was implemented. so you cant install andorid 2.3

technically similar hardware is already working with andorid 3. but this can even being udpated to 2.3.

measy has confirmed that the firmware update to 2.3 will no t be compatible with our device.

Hi again..so can you give me a sample or device that is running in android 2.2 and I can upgrade it to android 2.3 onwards. Because I was planning to buy cellphone with android 2.2 which is cheaper and I've plan to upgrade to Android 2.3..

I also was looking for Android 2.2 Media Player from other brand knowing 2.2 is much cheaper and later on upgrade it to Android 2.3. ONLY thru firmware and not hardware.

Any suggestion? Than YOU in advance.

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 11:23 AM »
What more I can say... I bought the wrong player from my hard earned money. Even a legit customer support they can't give.

You can try call your seller Annot and have your unit replace to Android 2.3.4

Offline yajkram24

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Feb 05, 2012 at 01:53 PM »
You can try call your seller Annot and have your unit replace to Android 2.3.4

That's I'm going to do tomorrow. I bring the unit to the shop of sir annot. Mine still under 1 year warranty. Hope they will replace it.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 07:01 PM »
did someone got a solution to: when the data is corrupted in the HD due the device it when it shuts down it cut the power and not do the standard shutdown process?

what i do i connect the hd to the pc and run chkdsk but i want a solution with an application or something that can be run inside of the device.

options that i have in mind.
1 - fix the shut down. and get a way to shutdown as it is supposed.
2 - get an app to fix ntfs partition.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 08:33 PM »
did someone got a solution to: when the data is corrupted in the HD due the device it when it shuts down it cut the power and not do the standard shutdown process?

what i do i connect the hd to the pc and run chkdsk but i want a solution with an application or something that can be run inside of the device.

options that i have in mind.
1 - fix the shut down. and get a way to shutdown as it is supposed.
2 - get an app to fix ntfs partition.

I think its a good idea to add  an eject button  to unmount the partition (s) manually as a workaround and then select power off manually.
Usually neglected is the power button issue on the remote seems to disregard unmounting filesystems properly, and worse even the running services like torrent and samba.
It triggers corruption of disks over time, prompting file systems check.

I am running beta test  with fs eject function (albeit frOm another brand ) but my point is  it's doable. Much as how we eject USB stick from our OS .

« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2012 at 08:36 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline yajkram24

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 11:38 PM »
I already talk to the seller by txt MSG abOut replacing my unit with android 2.3. But all he can promise is ask his supplier. My point is yes it is working when playing movies, but if there is something wrong in updating to android 2.3 and accessing the market it is not consider as good android device. That's why I got this device not just playing the movie, if that all I want then I should get the cheaper one that plays only movie and nothing else.

Btw is the new x7 with android 2.3 already upgradable? Or still the same hardware?

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Feb 07, 2012 at 02:10 AM »
I already talk to the seller by txt MSG abOut replacing my unit with android 2.3. But all he can promise is ask his supplier. My point is yes it is working when playing movies, but if there is something wrong in updating to android 2.3 and accessing the market it is not consider as good android device. That's why I got this device not just playing the movie, if that all I want then I should get the cheaper one that plays only movie and nothing else.

Btw is the new x7 with android 2.3 already upgradable? Or still the same hardware?

they will release it with 2.3 directly.

about 2.2 the issues that are not solved yet are.
1 - hd get data corrupted due the shutdown.
2 - screen desktops gets out of the screen in 720 and 1080
3 - images cant be seen they realy shown in very very very low quality.
4 - cpu is not 1ghz
5 - memory is not showing 512mb or near its only showing 198mb
6 - market does not work or only showd 2 applications or games.
7 - subtitles that has special characters like á í ó ñ or others are shown with Chinese symbols.
8 - and many other things that i cant recall now.

let be serious here, there are already similar devices with Android 4. and we are trying to make this guys fix this BASIC issues or put android 2.3. they are a joke.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2012 at 02:12 AM by tatubias »

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Feb 07, 2012 at 02:28 AM »
this was an open letter that i have sent measy long time ago. this were some thought that i shared with Measy. believe what, they did nothing :P

First of all the concept of media player is like old by now (play audio video files view photos). we have to take advance of possibilities of technologies that is offering today.

With ZERO investment in hardware you can add some extras that NO other media player has. as you can see the concept of media player today is not enough i has turn over a entrainment home center.

The possibility of using Android it really opens Hugh possibilities to the company and the market. Watching movies, listening to audio viewing photos it not enough. People has the "necessity" to be connected today the possibility to of web browsing, facebook, twitter, any Instant messenger line yahoo, microsoft, skype, really opens the possibility to your devices.

What i have noticed is that no media player has the option to ad 3g dongle ( this is very simple to add only add things in the firmware (you dont have to program NOTHING, every Chinese cheap table has this) and has a very big marking option for your devices. today wired communications are basically dead. 3g carries has 3 or 4 more lines that wired ones so this FREE upgraded for you to add to your devices will be a plus. also 4g networks are being deployed all around the world and you only will need to update the firmware to support new 4g dongles.

Other detail that i have noticed is that no media player has enabled the Bluetooth option. Its an other firmware update that can be done ZERO cost HI IMPACT on promotion in marketing. imagine, you can do web calls or use skype using a bluethooth headset. with skype or gtalk you will be able to buy some credit and talk around the world to hardline or wireless one for less money. so you can promote the device possibilities. Also no one media player has this option. for you it has no cost. the owner will need to buy a Bluetooth dongle. or you can provide one they are very very very cheep. image you provide also a possibility to connect the device to cellphones though Bluetooth and transfer files very simple. also you can here music using the Bluetooth headset in you home not having the tv on or with hi volume.

Add webcam possibility. this item i have not investigated much due it there are not much stuff out there. but could be interesting to add the video call option. obioulsy this it has no cost the owner of the device will buy a usb web cam to use if is interested. hugh marking impact too. tablets has webcam it is only to study how this work and implement the option.

update: there are allready media players and tablets that support webcam external webcam.

Add the samba server, i have noticed that some devices on the market does not have installed samba this is a basic stuff to share files over the network.

Add VNC server so you can control the media player from a notebook.

This kind of software are all around the web and are free. the issue is that most of them need to have the media player ROOTED.Selling the media player rooted could be a good marketing strategy so the users can really have a more complete experience of it.

As an example of things that could be done is to tweek the host file of the device so most of Advertisements are blocked (they are realy a pain in the .......) this can be done by hand or you can install an application called adfree

This is an important item you should be directly developing on android 4 it has more advance opportunities and good thing that can be used. also is orientated more to "tables".

UPDATE: enable joypad support. (this can be done updating the kernel and adding some libraries. Android 3.0 has this option already included. imagine playing mame games NES Snes and any other console games.

update: Adding support for USB dongles DVB-T / ISDB-T / DVB-S/DVB-S2 / DVB-T2 digital TV receiving.

This update has hardware cost :P

it is very important that the client gets a very good experience when un boxing the device. so how it is packaged the quality of it or how it is opened its important for the subcontinent of the client. think in apple products when you un box you having a experience that you tell (or publish) to all your friend how it was your first impression.

Also the controller should be hi quality. it is the interface between you and the device it has to feel like a symbiotic relationship. as an example Measy provide really good controllers, they look and feel very expensive and hi quality. For this kind of devices that has android a remote controller with gyroscope should be provided by default. it enhance the experience in a 1000% and it has a HUGH impact in mind of the client and friends. FV-1 media player has this kind of remote controller. that is a good example. Also having back light in the controller is excellent option.

note: update notes were added in this post.
« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2012 at 02:34 AM by tatubias »

Offline yajkram24

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Feb 08, 2012 at 05:19 PM »
still no word from my seller if h going to replace my player to android 2.3.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Feb 08, 2012 at 09:17 PM »
still no word from my seller if h going to replace my player to android 2.3.

it seems that they are hiding behind a rock.

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Feb 11, 2012 at 04:10 AM »
Yesterday i got a tablet NOVO7 it has a mips chipset and the same gpu as the x7. the little diference is that it has andoird 4.0.1.

i did run antutu bench mark and did not mark higher that the amlogic chipset. but the firmware to 4.0.1 is incredible fast and nice.

this update should be implemented into x7

Offline tatubias

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Feb 13, 2012 at 12:01 PM »
 Im still testing the tablet that has lower specs than x7and i realy can do things that we cant imagine using x7  .defently an update of the firmware is needed.

Offline yajkram24

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Feb 14, 2012 at 01:10 AM »
I already send back my x7 to my seller, I hope they'll replace it with latest version. Thanx in advance to sir annot. Btw anybody here already replaced their x7 to 2.3 version?

Offline devilbhoi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Feb 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM »
@tatubias, how can you access the HDD in the measy X7 thru a Windows computer to add file? How can you make it function as an external HDD?  I plugged it to my windows computer and I get a popup saying that the disk is not formatted and I need to format it.

help please..

thanks!

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:00 PM »
@tatubias, how can you access the HDD in the measy X7 thru a Windows computer to add file? How can you make it function as an external HDD?  I plugged it to my windows computer and I get a popup saying that the disk is not formatted and I need to format it.

help please..
thanks!

so your hard disk had file in it? and you already was able to play it on X7 on your LED/LCD TV?
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM by garfield03 »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM »
one reason why your PC would not see the disk when HD player is hooked via the USB slave port is if its disk inside is formatted as ext2/ext3. Windows has no native support for it, you need a Ext2FS
toy

Offline devilbhoi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Feb 18, 2012 at 07:05 AM »
so your hard disk had file in it? and you already was able to play it on X7 on your LED/LCD TV?

i am able to play my files on my LCD tv. all types so far.

@toys4geeks, it's formatted as NTFS. it used to be in my PC since I connect my PC's HDMI to my LCD TV when I watch movies. Now that I have my X7, i removed the HDD and placed it in the X7.  Now, I want to add some more files from my other HDDs in my PC to the HDD in the X7, but I can't access it.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Feb 18, 2012 at 07:17 AM »
i am able to play my files on my LCD tv. all types so far.

@toys4geeks, it's formatted as NTFS. it used to be in my PC since I connect my PC's HDMI to my LCD TV when I watch movies. Now that I have my X7, i removed the HDD and placed it in the X7.  Now, I want to add some more files from my other HDDs in my PC to the HDD in the X7, but I can't access it.

hmm, now that's odd. these plug and play, using the printer type USB connnector
toy

Offline devilbhoi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Feb 18, 2012 at 07:25 AM »
hmm, now that's odd. these plug and play, using the printer type USB connnector

exactly. i tried turning X7 off. then plugged it to my pc's USB port. turn it back on. and still i don't see it there. at first i thought it was only because i was using a USB extension (wire), but then I got a popup saying that I need to format the device. so the usb extension wire then is working.

update!
now that weird! i tried to plug it to my PC again, just now (8:22AM) and I am able to access it now in my PC. however, I am unable to browse it thru X7. I mean, in the x7 menu, when browsing, the drive is unavailable. so it means you can't play movies while it's plugged to the PC? tsk tsk tsk...
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2012 at 07:30 AM by devilbhoi »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Feb 18, 2012 at 07:31 AM »
exactly. i tried turning X7 off. then plugged it to my pc's USB port. turn it back on. and still i don't see it there. at first i thought it was only because i was using a USB extension (wire), but then I got a popup saying that I need to format the device. so the usb extension wire then is working.

update!
now that weird! i tried to plug it to my PC again, just now (8:22AM) and I am able to access it now in my PC. however, I am unable to browse it thru X7. I mean, in the x7 menu, when browsing, the drive is unavailable. so it means you can't play movies while it's plugged to the PC? tsk tsk tsk...

Yes, you cant , either one lang. if you want sabay, access via network(start SAMBA service for network share).
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2012 at 07:42 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline devilbhoi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Feb 18, 2012 at 07:50 AM »
i see. i tried to install some app, from the android market, but it says that there's no phone/device registered to my google account.... how do I do that?

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Feb 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM »
i see. i tried to install some app, from the android market, but it says that there's no phone/device registered to my google account.... how do I do that?

I better leave it garfield to answer that question. 
toy

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Feb 18, 2012 at 09:20 PM »

Google for apk files and put in flash drive or SD card. Here is some link for FREE apk file.
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android
http://www.filecrop.com/Market-.apk.html

then follow this link to install apk in your MEasy X7:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,149850.30.html
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2012 at 09:28 PM by garfield03 »

Offline devilbhoi

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Feb 19, 2012 at 09:10 AM »
Google for apk files and put in flash drive or SD card. Here is some link for FREE apk file.
http://www.freewarelovers.com/android
http://www.filecrop.com/Market-.apk.html

then follow this link to install apk in your MEasy X7:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,149850.30.html

thanks bros. i installed the FW update (although I'm not sure if it's the latest one). i got it from the first few pages of this thread. after that, i was able to login to the andoid market, although I haven't tried installing apks yet. i was able to install tTorrent before upgrading the FW though.

i am downloading some apk packs thru torrents on my PC. and will follow that steps you gave. thanks guys!

just trying to look for the best video player. and music player. kasi, some movies i have, medyo may "pixels" whether the video is set to 720 or 1080p. pero pag sa pc ko iplay, malinaw.

any recommendation? also, music player that can play FLAC. any recommendation?

Offline dinoalbert

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
guys Ive been using an android phone, the HTC Desire. AFAIK, to be able to access Market, you need to first login to your google/gmail account. Sorry I dont have X7....is there no way to login to your google account in X7?