Author Topic: Surround Sound Inquiry...please help  (Read 650 times)

Offline ogster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Surround Sound Inquiry...please help
« on: Nov 23, 2011 at 08:34 AM »
Hi PDVD Gurus,

Good day to all! I am currently using our PC as media player (VLC pLayer for playing mkv files) connected to our led tv via hdmi. Question is...what do i need to buy or do to enable my receiver to play 5.1 sound? Our led tv has a digital optical audio output and our receiver is an old Pioneer HTIB with a coax digital in only. Do i need to buy an optical to coax adaptor for this set up? Need your advise gurus...more power and success to PDVD.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
Re: Surround Sound Inquiry...please help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2011 at 05:27 PM »
Hi PDVD Gurus,

Good day to all! I am currently using our PC as media player (VLC pLayer for playing mkv files) connected to our led tv via hdmi. Question is...what do i need to buy or do to enable my receiver to play 5.1 sound? Our led tv has a digital optical audio output and our receiver is an old Pioneer HTIB with a coax digital in only. Do i need to buy an optical to coax adaptor for this set up? Need your advise gurus...more power and success to PDVD.

You can look for a sound card that has coaxial output. I think cdrking has one. Or yun external sound card via usb that can decode 5.1.

Offline ogster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Surround Sound Inquiry...please help
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2011 at 10:45 AM »
You can look for a sound card that has coaxial output. I think cdrking has one. Or yun external sound card via usb that can decode 5.1.

Thanks Nelson, I will try your suggestion.