Author Topic: bitstream with inno CD 560 TI  (Read 869 times)

Offline Tavus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
bitstream with inno CD 560 TI
« on: Dec 25, 2011 at 11:36 AM »
hi anyone familiar with inno 3d 560 tI can this thing bitstream like ATI video cards? parang wala akong mahanap na info tungkol sa card nun.

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: bitstream with inno CD 560 TI
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2011 at 01:28 PM »
hi anyone familiar with inno 3d 560 tI can this thing bitstream like ATI video cards? parang wala akong mahanap na info tungkol sa card nun.

If it's the 'plain' GTX 560 Ti, it probably can (just cross your fingers when buying one). The faster GTX 560 Ti 448 cannot, at this point. Only Nvidia's cheaper GPUs support DTS-MA /Dolby TrueHD bitstreaming at the moment (the 560 Ti 448 is based on the more robust GF110, while the plain 560 Ti is based on the cheaper GF114).

Nvidia just doesn't market the 560 series for HTPC use, which is probably why you can't find this information. Para din siguro to minimize confusion, as hindi lahat ng asa 560 line can bitstream DTS-MA / Dolby TrueHD.

Nvidia's plain disregard for this feature puts them behind AMD/ATI for HT use, in my opinion.

Offline Tavus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2011 at 11:29 PM »
my inno 3d card is the vanilla 560TI.

wait, i did some testing with my receiver, after  plugging my 560TI via HDMI receiver i see dolby appearing on my "nvidia high defenition" driver under "supported formats" on the control panel.  I think you can :).

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2011 at 05:22 AM »
my inno 3d card is the vanilla 560TI.

wait, i did some testing with my receiver, after  plugging my 560TI via HDMI receiver i see dolby appearing on my "nvidia high defenition" driver under "supported formats" on the control panel.  I think you can :).

There you go. Congratulations. :)

The vanilla 560 Ti is the highest GF114 chip, and being such, it should support bitstreaming of compressed lossless formats. It's only when you step up to the GF110 that things get complicated.

My older GTX 480 also does not support HD Audio bitstreaming (since it's based on the GF100), yet the lower models of that series that are based on the GF104 handled it just fine.