Author Topic: Surplus amps  (Read 990582 times)

Offline fakelondongenius

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Surplus amps
« Reply #90 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 04:21 PM »
akyatbundok salamat sa link mo nadagdagan nanaman yung choices ko, waahh!

bihira na turntable sa pier eh. tsaka minsan durog na masyado.

i-illustrate ko pa yung tweak eh kaya hintay lang muna :)

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 04:23 PM »
onga Qman, halos maiyak ako nung nasira yun.

nagsimula magkaroon ng scratchy noise sa left channel.  tapos nun ayaw na mag-"click" nung relay switch ba tawag dun.  mukhang buhay pa naman dahil umiilaw pa yung tubes kaso lang walang tunog.

Offline Qman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • crawling in my skin ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 04:29 PM »
onga Qman, halos maiyak ako nung nasira yun.

nagsimula magkaroon ng scratchy noise sa left channel.  tapos nun ayaw na mag-"click" nung relay switch ba tawag dun.  mukhang buhay pa naman dahil umiilaw pa yung tubes kaso lang walang tunog.

hindi na ba worth ipagawa?  anyways tatlo pa naman ang amps mo at baka madagdagan pa pagtungo mo uli sa pier hehehe

fakelondongenius

acquired mo na iyong Trio KA-8700 anong tweak ang gagawin mo?

Offline fakelondongenius

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 04:29 PM »
nung pumunta kasi ako dun eh di ako naligo tsaka butas yung t-siyert ko. hehe

wala pang tawad yun!

Offline fakelondongenius

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 04:32 PM »

fakelondongenius

acquired mo na iyong Trio KA-8700 anong tweak ang gagawin mo?

mukhang yun na ang bibilhin ko!  post ko yung tweak kung na illustrate ko na

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Sep 27, 2003 at 09:07 PM »
good luck bro, test mo mabuti para wag masayang ang pera.  i bought my sony ES from the same store.  the exterior of the amp was in good condition as you can see in the pic.  they even brushed it with some kind of tire black to make it shine.

as doc nirvblakr said, don't just look at the exterior.

problems i encountered with this unit:

1)  the interior was very dirty.  when i got it home and opened it, it was so dang dirty... ubo ubo!... the dust was so thick i couldn't see the parts.  im amazed it was even working, but with so much dust i got worried it could short circuit so i cleaned it with a brush.  the pic below is the result.  the transformer cover is so badly corroded that i couldn't take off the yellowish discoloration.  anyway, i thought whoever owned it or kept it didn't take good care of it.

2)  the input selector fell off after a few days... bummer, i was using that to A/B test my X10-D.  since i had 2 audio outs in my dvd player, i can connect the X10-D to the CD in and then directly connect the player to AUX.  switching between CD and AUX inputs allowed me to easily gauge the effect of the X10-D.  luckily, i had the right size allen wrench to screw it back on.  took me a while to figure it out though.

3)  the headphone jack is so rusty i couldn't use my headphones with it (unlike the onkyo).  all i hear is static.  gotta get me a contact cleaner soon.

the good part:

1)  ...is that it seems to have all the parts intact.  i've seen a picture of its interior, so the first thing i checked was the transformer and the 4 capacitors.  the capacitors are labelled "nichicon negative black" just like the onkyo integra.  its covered by some kind of fiber glass panel that is held by thick cylindrical rubber.  beats the heck out of me why sony did that.

2)  i also checked the mosfets and counted 8 medium sized and 4 small ones, for a total of 12.  the onkyo had 4 large ones labelled with the "sanken" brand.  FETs are usually attached to the heat sink with some kind of thermal compound that leaves a white residue around it.

3)  it produces loads of tight basssss... at 11pm a few days ago i got a call from the guard in our building -- the people who live one floor above my unit complained of the "noise".  they shouldn't be hearing anything coz the floors are all cement & marble.

4)  it also sounds very refined for such a big amp.  the treble is exactly the opposite of the onkyo, kinda rolled off at the extreme highs, making metal tweeters sound less harsh.

5)  BUT.... this is not an amp for warm sounding speakers -- it will sound very dull!  wharf diamond & AE owners stay away from this amp.  they make my mordaunt declaration speakers sound a bit like a wharfedale diamond by rolling off the highs.  this is not a bad thing, since a lot of people prefer the sound of a wharf to a mordaunt.  but do take this into consideration: "warm" by itself is truly satisfying, but warm + warm = dull.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2003 at 12:16 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline fakelondongenius

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 09:24 PM »
buti nalang hindi nila pinapalitan yung mga hardware.

mukhang bagong bili yung MS mo ah? ano nga pala yung katabi ng ES, yung dalawang nasa left?

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 09:50 PM »
ah dvd player & X10-D yun pang test ko ng amp (non-surplus items).

actually pre meron pinalitan dun sa luxman ko.  putol ang power cord nun eh, kinabit lang ng electric tape.  yung kalahati luxman yung kalahati pioneer ehehe.

Offline XSlayeR

• Apprentice
  • Smileeee! ! ! !
  • Liked:
Surplus 110V Receiver @ HMR?
« Reply #98 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 09:04 AM »
 :o I am new HT hobbyist  ???
It is good to buy a 110V receiver at HRM?

I am planning to  buy branded DVD LG player and kenwood speakers where I saw at SM appliances.

Please give me advice and suggestions.

many thanks and more power to dvdpinoy.com
 :)
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2003 at 02:50 PM by XSlayeR »

Offline fakelondongenius

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 02:06 PM »
Marantz PM 74D P 4,000

hybrid pala talaga yung Luxman!  ;D

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 03:34 PM »
Marantz PM-74D

Click here for the --> Stereo Review (1988)

it operates in class-A mode at 1/4 of the rated power (marantz' quarter-A circuit)

droool.......  :P

kung may bibili nito check niyo mabuti baka may pinalitan na parts, nakita ko ito dati sa loob ng shop na binilhan ko ng luxman n nasira.  nakatago ito kasama nung victor a-x1100 sabi nung matanda sira pa daw aayusin pa.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2003 at 01:12 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline M_Shoe_Maker

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 04:16 PM »
I now declare, akyatbundok to be the King of Japanese Surplus Amps!  :D

Offline jofkevski

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 04:48 PM »
Akyatbundok,

sir, parehas lang ba yung Sansui AU-D907X
sa AU-907X? thanks

http://www.sansui.us/images/AUD907X/aud907x_11.jpg

AU-D907 is 1978 model
AU-D907X is 1984 model

Offline jofkevski

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 05:00 PM »
Marantz PM 74D P 4,000

hybrid pala talaga yung Luxman!  ;D

The owner confided to me na it was repaired - transistors on one channel replaced. This is the one that sat beside the amp I bought (NEC A-10II). That amp was already there since last month. I am not really sure if they have replaced the transistor with the right same transistor though.

If anybody spot another NEC A-10/A-7 series if they happen to be in pier, please post - planning to buy 2 more.

Offline jofkevski

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re:Surplus 110V Receiver @ HMR?
« Reply #104 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 05:05 PM »
If you are looking HT receiver, my experience is that the difference in price of those receiver is not different with brand new receiver (differences of 1000-2000 only) and comes with no warranty and bad packaging.

DVD players could be good in the place though

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 05:30 PM »
I now declare, akyatbundok to be the King of Japanese Surplus Amps!  :D

pssst fritz, kamusta?  ikaw naman ang king of analog!  hehe... ganda ng turntable na binebenta mo ha.  balang araw ako rin!  OT: magkano kaya ang technics SL-1200 mk2 ?

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 05:34 PM »
If anybody spot another NEC A-10/A-7 series if they happen to be in pier, please post - planning to buy 2 more.

jofkevski, i saw one NEC A-10 for sale at the buy&sell paper few weeks ago.  tel# 367-3060.. spoke to the guy already, he's in caloocan.  the printed price was 2.5k but when i called he changed the price to 3.5k and said its a 1000W amp.  hmm... strange way to sell.

Offline jofkevski

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 06:30 PM »
thanks akyatbundok!

Offline XSlayeR

• Apprentice
  • Smileeee! ! ! !
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 07:12 PM »
If you are looking HT receiver, my experience is that the difference in price of those receiver is not different with brand new receiver (differences of 1000-2000 only) and comes with no warranty and bad packaging.

DVD players could be good in the place though

Bro, where i can find those things na medyo ok price based on HMR 2nd hand? Give me naman idea and how much it could cost for the beginners like me?

Offline rmpmla

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 07:30 PM »
check out the  www.bidshot.com or  try assorted buy and sell thread here. :)

minsan may nagdi-dispose ng AVR at very attractive price.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 08:44 PM »
for an AVR, i would suggest you get a brand new one. An avr is a very sensitive electronic equipment and who knows what abuse that avr went thru on the way here. also, not necessarily cheap doon sa hmr. if you want 2ndhand, i suggest you try hyperaudio as rene would be knowledgeable enough to support anything you buy from him.

Offline Mika

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Oct 01, 2003 at 12:35 PM »
mga sirs,

OT:
saan safe mag-park ng car sa pier?  ??? i'm sure you all bring your ride when you buy an amp, sa bigat ba naman ng mga transformers nyan ;) ;D ... amp built like a tank.  :o

thanks
 8)

Offline Narayan

• Trade Count: (+362)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • When we change. . . the world changes with us.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 116
« Reply #112 on: Oct 01, 2003 at 06:24 PM »
mga sirs,

OT:
saan safe mag-park ng car sa pier?  ??? i'm sure you all bring your ride when you buy an amp, sa bigat ba naman ng mga transformers nyan ;) ;D ... amp built like a tank.  :o

thanks

infront of the stores pwede & safe magpark. you just give 5 bucks to the watch ur car guys there. malawak ang space. suggest medyo agahan mo lang para sure na di mahirap maghanap ng space.
 8)

Cayin 265Ai
Jolida 300B SET
Marantz CD5001 OSE
CA CXC + PS Audio DAC
Meadowlark Kestrel 2/ERA D10

Offline joan2

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Oct 02, 2003 at 08:48 AM »
yes go ahead if you like the stuff, converting that unit to 220 volts is not hard, unless it uses an smps power supply, if it uses a conventional transformer, then converting is even easier.....

Offline jaytl

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Oct 02, 2003 at 01:03 PM »
akyatbundok: pare, nakabili ako ng jap surplus na onlyo a-819RS. okay naman sya kaso parang ang bilis mag-init. okay lang ba yun?

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Oct 02, 2003 at 01:33 PM »
pre, pareho tayo ng modelo ng onkyo.  madali nga sya mag-init.  actually lahat ng amps na nagamit ko including marantz receiver ay madali mag-init.  minsan naiiwan ko sila ng naka-ON ng matagal pero hindi naman nasisira.  i guess kung mabilis sya mag-init ibig sabihin mabilis mag dissipate ng init ang heatsink?? not sure...  kung sa computer kasi, nabasa ko nung nagbuo ako ng pc, na pag walang naka-attach na heatsink/fan, it takes 20secs to burn the processor.  kaya sa PC malaking issue ang quality ng HSF.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2003 at 02:37 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 09:55 AM »
While I await for the coming of my tube amp, i decided to get an amplifier in pier yesterday to complete my audio set-up in the mean time. I got a Marantz PM-54D 120watts. Price: P 3,100.00 (w/ transformer).

inside of the amplifier

Offline Audioboy

• DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 10:29 AM »
They do if you want, siyempre at addl price (normally 500). As to your previous question, some amp in pier has jumper at the back for pre-out/main-in. Tis means you can use them as separate amps. One of the amp still in pier is one of the famous marantz quartet-A technology - PM-74D model (about P4000) which is similar to Yamaha MX-1 in low-impedance capability. Di ko na kinuha because I like the NEC-A10II.

i was asking for NEC amp but the store didnt have one. Instead I saw a marantz PM54D and bought it. I didnt see this post and the post of akyatbundok regarding some stores selling amps and players. I thought the first store with lots of speakers is the only amp store that exists in pier. Had i known of these posts, i would have scouted for more and would have gotten the PM74D instead. The PM54D sounds great too. Anyway, I didnt need much power as it drives a pair of 93db klipsch speakers.
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2003 at 10:31 AM by JulsP168 »

Offline dingsky

• Collector
  • Maninisid
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 10:44 AM »
excuse me....saang pier ba iyan? iyan ba iyong pier south na tinatawag nila? kasi i've been there pero hardly seen amplifiers, isang store lang ang nakita kong nagtitinda ng mga amplifier, and the models look really old. tnx

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 05:27 PM »
julsp168 - ang linis ng amp na yan ah , ikaw na naglinis o sila? pwede ba pabuksan habang bumibili?
money is best spent