Author Topic: Bedroom Theater/Audio Room by L.I.S  (Read 257512 times)

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Bedroom HT by L.I.S.- Dynaudio Evidence Temptation / OPPO - 103D
« Reply #1080 on: May 11, 2014 at 09:44 AM »
I just don't get the logic of putting 4 subs plus the LCR in front of a projection screen. Might be another screen hidden in the ceiling.

in the picture ,there are 4 subwoofer systems of 4 subwoofer drivers per enclosure. In my book that is a subwoofer speaker. The coupling effect of stacking subs increases their efficiency by 6dB,having 4 drivers per enclosure might increase it by 12dB. A very efficient design indeed with a ginormous enclosure.

If the question is 6 f113, I would not suggest it. But 4 Gotham's would be superb. On the same line, 4 F113's wound do the same thing. With either additions, you would have the same volume level(calibrated) but better lows, 1 or 2 hertz lower and better Harmonic distortion with the Gothams.
Bro what about 6 or 8 f113 in the front, I was talking to Barry the designer...he said he could make me a crossover for such kind of operation...he also suggested a 10-12" at the back...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014 at 10:44 AM by jjohnc »
PAS - Philippine Audio Society - VM PasiguenIYO

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #1081 on: May 11, 2014 at 10:33 AM »
Even if the actual designer can make the crossover, he has to physically measure your room response using at least 1/12th octave FFT analyzer. If not , he has to know your room dimensions, materials of your room. listening position and so forth. 8 f113's would be great stacked with each other. It would be a time consuming work to align everything taking into consideration the latency introduced by digital processors. Have identical subs, do not mix models even with the same manufacturer. A seller will sell you 50 subs and tell you its better to have that number. In the case of concert halls involving large area acoustics, the more subs the merrier!

With regards to your Center channel, I strongly believe that a much better sound would be achieved by using just 1 center channel. It is precisely what you said that a Y connector was used as the input for tha amps running the centers. In effect, they are in mono configuration not discrete. The timing difference of each driver from each enclosure caused comb filtering.

It seems that the evidence uses symmetrical drivers which is true but they don't use the same crossovers. It has a 5way design crossing at 300,500,2.3k and 8k. I would suspect that 300hz is the cutoff for the woofers and each driver (low mid, high mid, low tweeter and high tweeter) uses those mentioned frequencies. They don't work with the same cut off frequencies. If they do, comb filtering would occur. In the case od the woofers working below 300 hertz, the cancellation and augmentation effect would smoothen the overall response of the low frequencies.
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
« Reply #1082 on: May 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM »
Even if the actual designer can make the crossover, he has to physically measure your room response using at least 1/12th octave FFT analyzer. If not , he has to know your room dimensions, materials of your room. listening position and so forth. 8 f113's would be great stacked with each other. It would be a time consuming work to align everything taking into consideration the latency introduced by digital processors. Have identical subs, do not mix models even with the same manufacturer. A seller will sell you 50 subs and tell you its better to have that number. In the case of concert halls involving large area acoustics, the more subs the merrier!

With regards to your Center channel, I strongly believe that a much better sound would be achieved by using just 1 center channel. It is precisely what you said that a Y connector was used as the input for tha amps running the centers. In effect, they are in mono configuration not discrete. The timing difference of each driver from each enclosure caused comb filtering.

It seems that the evidence uses symmetrical drivers which is true but they don't use the same crossovers. It has a 5way design crossing at 300,500,2.3k and 8k. I would suspect that 300hz is the cutoff for the woofers and each driver (low mid, high mid, low tweeter and high tweeter) uses those mentioned frequencies. They don't work with the same cut off frequencies. If they do, comb filtering would occur. In the case od the woofers working below 300 hertz, the cancellation and augmentation effect would smoothen the overall response of the low frequencies.
Bro, the Centers are working perfectly, ..I think you have to audition it yourself to hear kung may delay or wala sa timing etc...when a friend visited my place Mr. Wilfried Ehrenholz CEO of Dynaudio, ang naging problema lang namin is the positioning, yun lang ang itinama...as for the timing no issues at all...

... as for the subs, yup submit ko kay Barry blueprints ng ginagawa kong bedroom para ma calculate kung ilan possible ilagay...

btw bro, ask k lang kung ngayon ka lang naka encounter ng dual center?...just asking
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014 at 11:44 AM by jjohnc »

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1083 on: May 12, 2014 at 10:44 AM »
In the past yes, I did encounter 2 center speakers in a system. We are talking about fundamental acoustics here. I just cannot understand how you can bend the laws of physics. If you can have somebody use an
FFT analyzer and have just 1 center compared with 2 mono centers playing, you will see the effect.
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
In the past yes, I did encounter 2 center speakers in a system. We are talking about fundamental acoustics here. I just cannot understand how you can bend the laws of physics. If you can have somebody use an
FFT analyzer and have just 1 center compared with 2 mono centers playing, you will see the effect.
bro, we have, ginamitan... SOP ng store LIS na gumamit ang mga acoutician ng analyzer sa lahat ng projects ... and again, as I said no issues at all...
Btw, mukhang puro acoustic tyo hehehe...nag a-acoustic ka bro or ma hilig lang?...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014 at 11:26 AM by jjohnc »

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Esoteric K-05 SACD Player

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
bro, we have, ginamitan... SOP ng store LIS na gumamit ang mga acoutician ng analyzer sa lahat ng projects ... and again, as I said no issues at all...
Btw, mukhang puro acoustic tyo hehehe...nag a-acoustic ka bro or ma hilig lang?...

Yes, I did a lot of acoustic works before, but since its not my primary source of income, you could consider it a passion of mine.

I use the following:

Studio six digital Portfolio w/ Iaudiointerface 2
6 Calibrated Lab microphones
Goldline Microphone multiplexer,M30, and signal generator
Terrasonde audio toolbox and sp395
Audyssey pro kit

For video, I had Colorfacts, Sencore but now I am using Chromapure pro
with the following meters:
I1pro
I1display pro3
Xrite Hubble

Sencore signal generator

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Yes, I did a lot of acoustic works before, but since its not my primary source of income, you could consider it a passion of mine.

I use the following:

Studio six digital Portfolio w/ Iaudiointerface 2
6 Calibrated Lab microphones
Goldline Microphone multiplexer,M30, and signal generator
Terrasonde audio toolbox and sp395
Audyssey pro kit

For video, I had Colorfacts, Sencore but now I am using Chromapure pro
with the following meters:
I1pro
I1display pro3
Xrite Hubble

Sencore signal generator

Ayos Sir,..Congrats...Meron kaming na kakasamang Eng. si Dar Quintos acoustician din sya ...kilala mo?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2014 at 08:39 AM by jjohnc »

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Ayos Sir,..Congrats...Meron kaming na kakasamang Eng. si Dar Quintos acoustician din sya ...kilala mo?

He has a great reputation in the industry! Had a seminar with him when I was younger.

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
He has a great reputation in the industry! Had a seminar with him when I was younger.
Ganun? Great!...

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
She's now singing... ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014 at 03:50 PM by jjohnc »

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33

wawwwww na naman....di ko alam kung gaano kagandang tumunog ito, but for sure, napakaganda....tulo laway....slurp.....
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
wawwwww na naman....di ko alam kung gaano kagandang tumunog ito, but for sure, napakaganda....tulo laway....slurp.....
tried different settings..DSD pinaka maganda, very open, detailed layering and huge sound stage...compared to DCS Puccini malayo pa din, but for the price panalo...

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
Classmate, I am happy you are Happy! Sabi nga sa batch... "walang basagan ng trip".  O0
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Mga Brader, baka may gustong mag audition ng Esoteric K-05 I am having second thoughts, pm lang..Thanks

Online Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
HANEP! Congrats pare! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
BTW,..out of curiosity i visited my theater in Pasig, plano ko e upgrade ang system, siguro ang capacity is around 600...i notice 16 pcs ang centers ganun din ang subs...pano naman pag ganito?

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2

Sir, congrats sa high end sacd player mo.  How is it compared to your oppo 105d? :)

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Sir, congrats sa high end sacd player mo.  How is it compared to your oppo 105d? :)
Night and Day Bro...Hindi pwede e compare mag kaiba ng level...malayo considering the price is 8 times more than the OPPO...but in any given day OK sakin ang OPPO cuz value for money talaga..SQ wise talo nya mga transport raging $2-5k conservatively...I have heard allot of players already so I can attest how OPPO performs...

Lets put it this way para madali:

When playing Jazz, Classical and Symphony Orchestras sa Esoteric yung mga performers parang isang taon hindi nag papa MANICURE..talagang mararamdaman mo pag hagod ng intruments..its just like playing the music as it was to be meant..full, rich, deep etc...specially kung naka DSD...

Compared naman sa OPPO...parang bagong MANICURE mga performers..parang ingat na ingat sa mga intumento...its just music..hindi nga lang ganun ka detailed..pa..pero mas malakas ang bass...characteristics ng mga american brand ;)...

Sa Vocals naman,.. pag gamit Esoteric malambing, smooth etc..pag OPPO specially kung SACD meron harshness and a little bit laid back...
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2014 at 06:01 PM by jjohnc »

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
Night and Day Bro...Hindi pwede e compare mag kaiba ng level...malayo...

I'm sure malayong-malayo din ang presyo nilang dalawa. :P
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
House...

Offline timber715

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • join us at www.cab1net.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Opus mm2? Wow.... Congrats brader.

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Transparent Audio Reference Speaker Cable 2014 upgrade

Thanks for looking... :D
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM by jjohnc »

Online Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
HANEP! Salute! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
Opus mm2? Wow.... Congrats brader.
hindi naman pre, reference lang masyado mahal OPUS hehehehe

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
HANEP! Salute! :D
Thanks pre, yun SACD natin and Bluray...

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
hanep talaga....presyo ng packaging pa lang e, presyo na ng kable ko siguro :o :o ;D ;D ;D

congrats brader!
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline jjohnc

• Kasapi
  • DVD Guru
  • Listening In Style
  • Liked:
hanep talaga....presyo ng packaging pa lang e, presyo na ng kable ko siguro :o :o ;D ;D ;D

congrats brader!
sobra naman dre, hahahaha...salamat, btw kinabit ko na..mga 300 hrs burn-in time malaman na natin kung ok...so far out from the box maayos na intayin pa natin mag settle...Thanks Pre

Offline Oldboyracer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • May the upgrade be with you
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Great gears you've got there JJ.
Emotiva XSP-1 & XPA-DR2, SMSL VMV D1, ND8006
SL1200 MK6
MS  Performance 6 LE
HT - Substantial

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Congrats sa new additional secret weapon, bka matunugan ng china.....lol!
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE