Author Topic: Question on BD from Taiwan  (Read 1177 times)

Offline reignman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Question on BD from Taiwan
« on: Feb 03, 2012 at 04:58 AM »
Hi guys!

I have a friend who recently purchased BD's from Taiwan, my question is do you think it's original?

It's packaging is OK, it also has 2 disks 1 feature film and 1 special features.  It's almost the same as the ones bought from Amazon, but the characters are Chinese.

I'm just curious.  Thanks!

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1247
Re: Question on BD from Taiwan
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 06:46 AM »
I lived in Taiwan before & their locally released VCDs & DVDs do have Chinese characters on them. I don't know about Taiwan BDs as there were no BDs yet at that time.

As far as I know, Taiwan is now very strict with movie piracy, so BDs bought in legitimate shops should be original. 

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2012 at 07:51 AM »
The bd copies from China that are being passed by Llamas dealers are of the 25GB variety. Siguro if the bds you're getting are of the 50GB kind and priced similarly with authentic bds then its probably more or less legitimate.

Offline reignman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2012 at 07:18 PM »
I lived in Taiwan before & their locally released VCDs & DVDs do have Chinese characters on them. I don't know about Taiwan BDs as there were no BDs yet at that time.

As far as I know, Taiwan is now very strict with movie piracy, so BDs bought in legitimate shops should be original. 

It actually looks original, the packaging and all.  I just can't validate it since it has Chinese characters.

The bd copies from China that are being passed by Llamas dealers are of the 25GB variety. Siguro if the bds you're getting are of the 50GB kind and priced similarly with authentic bds then its probably more or less legitimate.

How would I know if it's 50GB or 25GB?

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2012 at 03:55 PM »
Some are printed in the slipcase usually at the bottom although really, really small that you have to search for it.