Author Topic: GoldenEar Technology Speakers  (Read 82659 times)

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GoldenEar Technology Speakers
« Reply #30 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 08:07 AM »
i want to audition the aon3's. im in the market for a new speaker.

Come by the shop to audition. :)

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #31 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 08:16 AM »
will make time for it sir. im excited.  ;D
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 03:00 PM »
Come by the shop to audition. :)

Pwede sa White Plains me Aon 2 & 3?

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 09:26 PM »
Pwede sa White Plains me Aon 2 & 3?

Will have them there within the week. :)

Offline mikeer2002ph

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 09:44 AM »
The aeon speakers are so smooth but punchy. Never over bearing but right at the mark. Excellent bass for a bs. I'm triply I love with these speakers

need .. to .. come .. back .. to .. QC ..

a review of the Aon3 compared to a Dynaudio Contour 1.1
http://www.goldenear.com/images/reviews/aon3_review_cnet_031412.pdf
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2012 at 10:00 AM by mikeer2002ph »
Gay Stereophile
Kann HugoTT GSXMk2 LCDMX4 Elear EtherFlow MDRZ7
DACMagicPlus CA650A RB1582 LSi9 Aon3

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM »
may local price na ba ang mga yan?

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jun 27, 2012 at 08:29 AM »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 02, 2012 at 08:39 PM »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 04:36 PM »
the first goldenear triton cinema theater room. :)

Offline carlo.A

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 01:54 PM »
the first goldenear triton cinema theater room. :)

WOW!!!! nice clean setup

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 09:52 PM »

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jul 06, 2012 at 09:58 AM »
I have heard the Aon3 BS and the Triton 2 FS for both HT / Pure Audio.

Out of the box performance is already amazing, although bass/mids (for the Aon3) will still improve as soon as it gets worked up.

Sound staging is really wide, with or without toe-ins for ht/audio. Pinpoint and holographic imaging with or without your eyes closed for 2 channel audio.

Triton 2's integrated sub is already potent that it negates the need for a dedicated sub for HT - make that a dual sub configuration since each tower has one.

I have yet to gauge the performance of the Aon3 compared to the Polk LSi9s and the Polk LSiM703s since they are priced very near each other. Watch out for this review soon.
Gay Stereophile

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 06, 2012 at 08:05 PM »
The tritons at THE GREY MARKET. :)

Offline wenc yrich

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 07, 2012 at 01:25 PM »
I have heard the Aon3 BS and the Triton 2 FS for both HT / Pure Audio.

Out of the box performance is already amazing, although bass/mids (for the Aon3) will still improve as soon as it gets worked up.

Sound staging is really wide, with or without toe-ins for ht/audio. Pinpoint and holographic imaging with or without your eyes closed for 2 channel audio.

Triton 2's integrated sub is already potent that it negates the need for a dedicated sub for HT - make that a dual sub configuration since each tower has one.
sir mikeer2002ph did you have a chance to compare Polk LSiM 706c with the goldenear supersat 50c center channel speakers?

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 08, 2012 at 06:03 AM »
sir mikeer2002ph did you have a chance to compare Polk LSiM 706c with the goldenear supersat 50c center channel speakers?

Oh, I have not done a sit-down center channel comparison yet between the Polk LSiM 706c and the Goldenear Supersat 50c.

Paging Carlo A! peram ng 706c LOL

Don't worry, I'll pay attention next time since I'm starting the HT project very soon.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
As for bookshelves, here's my in a nutshell comparison (based on memory of how it sounds with 2 channel audio) based on:

Several months exposure on the LSi9 (out of the box: sept 2011)
Several days exposure on LSiM 703 (hifi show nov 2011 +mly showroom jan-july 2012)
Several hours exposure on the Aon3s (out of the box: july 2012)

Sound Character (paired with Rotel+): LSi9 = warm/bright ; GoldenEar Aon3 = balanced ; LSiM 703 = bright

Treble/Brightness (out of the box performance): LSi9 < GoldenEar Aon3 < LSiM703

Midrange (out of the box performance): LSiM703 < Goldenear Aon3 < LSi9

Bass (out of the box performance): GoldenEar Aon3 < LSi9 < LSiM703

Soundstaging (out of the box performance): LSiM703 = LSi9 < GoldenEar Aon3

Imaging (out of the box performance) With Toe In: Goldenear Aon3 = LSi9 = LSiM 703

Imaging (out of the box performance) Without toe In: LSi9 < LSiM 703 < Goldenear Aon3

Speaker weight (per speaker): GoldenEar Aon3 < LSiM703 < LSi9

Price (Brand new pair based on SRP): LSi9 < Goldenear Aon3 < LSiM 703

Geek Factor *: LSiM 703 < LSi9 = Aon3

*Geek Factor: design/aesthetics
Gay Stereophile

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 08:34 AM »
GoldenEar Triton 2, Aon 3 and superset 50c now available for audition. :)

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #46 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 09:14 AM »
are the aon3's in the grey market right now?
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline carlo.A

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 09:49 AM »
Oh, I have not done a sit-down center channel comparison yet between the Polk LSiM 706c and the Goldenear Supersat 50c.

Paging Carlo A! peram ng 706c LOL

Don't worry, I'll pay attention next time since I'm starting the HT project very soon.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
As for bookshelves, here's my in a nutshell comparison (based on memory of how it sounds with 2 channel audio) based on:

Several months exposure on the LSi9 (out of the box: sept 2011)
Several days exposure on LSiM 703 (hifi show nov 2011 +mly showroom jan-july 2012)
Several hours exposure on the Aon3s (out of the box: july 2012)

Sound Character (paired with Rotel+): LSi9 = warm/bright ; GoldenEar Aon3 = balanced ; LSiM 703 = bright

Treble/Brightness (out of the box performance): LSi9 < GoldenEar Aon3 < LSiM703

Midrange (out of the box performance): LSiM703 < Goldenear Aon3 < LSi9

Bass (out of the box performance): GoldenEar Aon3 < LSi9 < LSiM703

Soundstaging (out of the box performance): LSiM703 = LSi9 < GoldenEar Aon3

Imaging (out of the box performance) With Toe In: Goldenear Aon3 = LSi9 = LSiM 703

Imaging (out of the box performance) Without toe In: LSi9 < LSiM 703 < Goldenear Aon3

Speaker weight (per speaker): GoldenEar Aon3 < LSiM703 < LSi9

Price (Brand new pair based on SRP): LSi9 < Goldenear Aon3 < LSiM 703

Geek Factor *: LSiM 703 < LSi9 = Aon3

*Geek Factor: design/aesthetics

Galing naman ng review. Ya give props talaga to goldenear, the sound really hits the spot

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 11:20 AM »
Carlo, cant give a definite evaluation yet since less than 5 hours run-in time pa lang yung aon3s kaya im basing it on how i heard the lsi9s and the lsim703s a few hours out of the box.
Gay Stereophile

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 09, 2012 at 12:17 PM »
are the aon3's in the grey market right now?

Yup. :)

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jul 12, 2012 at 07:53 AM »
GoldenEar triton 2 and aon 3 available for audition. Matched with Rotel gear. :)

Home auditions can be arranged for GoldenEar speakers.  Just send me a pm with your name and contact number so we can arrange it. :)
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2012 at 08:23 AM by avshop »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 15, 2012 at 07:49 PM »
GOLDENEAR TRITON 2 REVIEW FROM STEREOPHILE. :)

Comparisons
The last two speakers I reviewed were the Monitor Audio Platinum PL200 ($8000/pair, April 2010) and the Focal Chorus 826W Anniversary Edition ($3495/pair, November 2010), both floorstanders of about the same size as the Triton Two. The obvious question was how the GoldenEars Triton Two would compare with these more expensive speakers.

Not an easy question to answer. The Monitors and Focals were returned to their distributors some time ago, so I wasn't able to make direct comparisons with the GoldenEars. Although I don't think auditory memory is quite as unreliable as some people claim, I wouldn't want to bet the farm on the accuracy of my recollection of sounds I heard a year ago. Perhaps an even greater problem is presented by subsequent changes in my system. Since I reviewed the PL200 and Chorus 826W, I have replaced PS Audio's Power Plant Premier AC regenerator with their PerfectWave Power Plant 5, now use Nordost Platinum Sort Kones rather than wood blocks under the Ayre CX-7eMP, and have substituted a Hi-Fi Tuning Supreme fuse for the stock fuse in the CAT SL-1 Renaissance preamp. These changes add up to a very significant overall sonic improvement that would present a confounding variable for comparisons with the Triton Two even if my auditory memory were perfect. This is not a copout, but reality.

But there are a few things I can say without going out too far on a limb. Of the three speakers, the Triton Two had by far the most extended and powerful bass. The ported woofers of the PL200 and the Chorus 826W, while certainly respectable in their performance, simply couldn't match the bass from the powered built-in subwoofer of the Triton Two.

As for the more subtle and subjective aspects of sound quality, and for the moment putting aside the confounding variables of system changes, the GoldenEar was very much in the same sonic league as the other two speakers, the Monitor having perhaps a notch higher resolution, at the cost of a touch of brightness. In soundstage depth and width and precision of imaging, the Triton Twos were easily a match for the other two speaker pairs—neither of which is exactly a slouch in this department.

Judgments of a product's appearance are also subjective, but the Monitor Audio Platinum PL200, with its hand-rubbed wood veneer, was the most beautiful of the three to my eye, though I find the Triton Two attractive as well. But if you want your speakers to look like pieces of furniture, the PL200—and, to a lesser extent, the Focal Chorus 826W—will be more to your taste.

I was able to directly compare the Triton Two with my reference speaker, the Avantgarde Uno Nano, a horn hybrid with a powered subwoofer ($17,000/pair when last available; the German company is currently having problems with North American distribution). The Uno Nano is, overall, the "better" speaker: it's able to produce the illusion of live music more successfully than the Triton Two, with high-level dynamics that the GoldenEar can't match. This, of course, comes at a cost: you could buy six pairs of Triton Twos for the price of a pair of Uno Nanos, and still have money left over for some really good interconnects. But if price is not a deterrent, the Avantgardes will give you a closer approximation of live music.

The fact is, I was quite content to listen to music through the Triton Twos. In my high-end system, whose speaker cables cost more than the GoldenEars, there was no indication that the speakers were a weak link in the chain. I was in no hurry to switch back to my Avantgardes.

Conclusions
Given the technology that these speakers represent, not to mention their sound quality, I would not be surprised if they retailed at around $10,000/pair. But they cost only a fourth of that: $2499.98/pair. I don't know how GoldenEar can sell the Triton Two at that price and still make money for themselves and their dealers. Having the speaker being made in China certainly helps—but nowadays most speakers, even ones with pedigreed names, are made there. Sandy Gross wrote, in an e-mail, "We lavish the same care, expertise and experience that is usually reserved for the highest-priced high-end speakers on every GoldenEar speaker we create. We do it because we can—and because we know that you will enjoy and appreciate the result."

Finally, a caveat about auditioning these speakers at a dealer: The Triton Twos' relatively low price means that dealers will likely combine them with electronics and source components of similarly modest prices. This will not bring out these speakers' best. One audiophile told me that he'd heard the Triton Twos at a dealer driven by a midpriced home-theater receiver (with who-knows-what source) and was not that impressed with the sound. I'm not surprised. A speaker can reproduce only the signal it's fed; if you give it a mediocre signal, it can produce, at best, mediocre sound. The Triton Two is good enough to deserve associated equipment of high quality—which doesn't necessarily mean high price. Combine it with something like a PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium integrated amp, an Oppo BDP-95 universal Blu-ray player, and Nordost Leif cables, and you have a seriously good system for less than $7000 that will take you through these recession-prone times.

read the full review here: http://www.stereophile.com/content/goldenear-technology-triton-two-loudspeaker

:)
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2012 at 07:50 PM by avshop »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 23, 2012 at 09:59 PM »
Triton 2 back on display. :)

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 05:33 PM »
check out the review of the aon 3. :)

"BOTTOM LINE
The Aon 3 is a brilliant little bookshelf monitor that, if heard from behind a visually opaque but sonically transparent scrim, could easily pass for a far more costly speaker than it actually is. Several things make the Aon 3 lovable: its transparency and detail, the seamlessness of the integration between its tweeter and mid-bass driver, and its very impressive bass output (for such a compact speaker).

While GoldenEar’s flagship Triton Two arguably has broader capabilities and can comfortably fit more varied applications, the sheer openness and focus of the Aon 3 may make it the Golden Ear model most likely to win the hearts and minds of many discerning audiophiles. And did we mention it also offers remarkable value for money?"

check out the full review. :)

http://www.avguide.com/review/goldenear-technology-aon-3-bookshelf-monitor-playback-59
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012 at 05:43 PM by avshop »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 11, 2012 at 09:00 AM »
Check out the triton 2 at MLY ENTERPRISES and THE GREY MARKET. We also do home auditions. :)

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 09:06 PM »
we opened a goldenear aon 2 bookshelf speaker for audition. very impressive considering the small size. you guys gotta hear it. :)

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 09:29 PM »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #57 on: Aug 22, 2012 at 08:29 AM »
I was able to hear the Goldenear set up in Grey Market yesterday... And now Im a believer how amazing the ribbon tweeter of these speakers sound....
The slim center speaker sound so clear ang big that would have my JBL LS center, which is twice the price, a run for its money...
And for the Triton 2... Well, hear na lang for yourselves to be a believer too ;)

They are simply amazing!!!

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #58 on: Aug 22, 2012 at 03:21 PM »
I was able to hear the Goldenear set up in Grey Market yesterday... And now Im a believer how amazing the ribbon tweeter of these speakers sound....
The slim center speaker sound so clear ang big that would have my JBL LS center, which is twice the price, a run for its money...
And for the Triton 2... Well, hear na lang for yourselves to be a believer too ;)

They are simply amazing!!!

So what are you waiting for bro... Order na kay sir Mark
Walang Setup

Offline wenc yrich

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 27, 2012 at 04:38 PM »

[/quote]
Marc anong type ng pinpoint speaker mount gamit mo sa supersat 3? pwede ba sa supersat 50 yan?