Author Topic: AMX Tube Products  (Read 675865 times)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re: AMX Integrated Tube Amp
« Reply #4050 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 09:35 AM »
wow, 6550 budget amp! :D :D :D CONGRATS sir andrew! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline kimosabe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4051 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 10:30 AM »
coming very soon. 6550 60w/ch budget amp. also kt90 pero baka hindi na budget with bias meter and all the works. doon sa mga bumili ng el34 many many thanks to you all. tuloy pa rin ang model na yan. also in the works a very budget entry level el84 pp amp 30 watts total. nice sweet and smooth for music lovers only. we a t amx are working well and hard to give you good music.

ayos dami ng choices sa mga budget amp, wait ko muna to. keep it up AMX guys.
if life has failed you, leave the cross you nailed to

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #4052 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 10:55 AM »
coming very soon. 6550 60w/ch budget amp. also kt90 pero baka hindi na budget with bias meter and all the works. doon sa mga bumili ng el34 many many thanks to you all. tuloy pa rin ang model na yan. also in the works a very budget entry level el84 pp amp 30 watts total. nice sweet and smooth for music lovers only. we a t amx are working well and hard to give you good music.

Hmm, budget 6550 integrated amp! Very interesting.  ;D

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4053 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 12:48 PM »
Hmm, budget 6550 integrated amp! Very interesting. 

here is an even yummy tip! i saw at a surplus shop in evangelista several NOS RCA6146 tubes selling for 250 apiece! a pair of these babies at a plate voltage of 750volts can do 120 watts push-pull class AB. ;D

how is that for real budget? ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2005 at 02:14 PM by 2ny »
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline AMXTube

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4054 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 06:09 PM »
6146, yeah tried this tube na. This is NOS and that's it. No more kasunod. This tube was discontinued  a long time ago, when the EL34 and KT88 came into the market. And at 750 volts HV supply the power transformer, capacitors and output transformer will not turn out to be budget.  Mura ang tube, pero mas mahal and caps mo.Sayang!
driven by a passion for music

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4055 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 10:08 PM »

amxtube,

keep it coming.  and dami pagpipilian ng mga gustong mag try ng tube amp.  more power.

thanks for the wonderful push pull stc el34 amp you made for me.  im a very happy owner.  ;D

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4056 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 12:10 PM »
May Jetoks tribe increase a hundredfold! Thank you and I am just as happy as you are that you are enjoying your  AMX EL34 amp. You have two gangmates in AUstralia, and two in California, One in france, one in London and another in Germany. You are in great company!

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4057 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 02:13 PM »
a very budget entry level el84 pp amp 30 watts total. nice sweet and smooth for music lovers only. we a t amx are working well and hard to give you good music.

Hi Andrew,

Good news. You made me an AMX EL84 12 watts amp. I am very happy with this amp.

Will the EL84 30 watter be a good upgrade?

Thanks.

Louie

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #4058 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 08:15 PM »
What is the price range of the EL84 int amp?

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4059 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 10:05 PM »
we are not in a position as yet to report to you the price of the el84 amp, as the thing is still in the works. The metal work is a critical price point, as well as the cost of the transformers. The cost of copper wire is volatile upwards. so we are securing the magnet wires so we can hold our cost. I will post immediately, hopefully by next week the price of the el84. It will be available in two variants, one with volume control only fo the "purist", and another with tone controls ( aka: bass and treble) for the free spirited listener, who listens to music the way he wants to. will keep you posted!

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4060 on: Sep 22, 2005 at 10:12 PM »
Louie, nice to hear from you. To drive up to 30 watts you will need to use 4 el84's per channel, in pushpull parallel configuration. I will have to design a new output transformer with a 4kohm anode to anode impedance and of course a hefty power transformer. If you are interested I could make an estimate for your consideration.

Offline bruno

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4061 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 07:15 AM »
Sir Andrew, I saw some new production el34 Mullards in your store.  I believe New Sensor (maker of Svetlana) purchased the trade name Mullard a few years ago.  Judging from the construction of the Mullard (new production) and the Svetlana, they are exactly identical except for the color of the base.  Are these new production Mullards just rebadged Svets?

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4062 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 12:00 AM »
I do not think it is just a rebadge. Mike Mathew of NewSensor must have paid lots of money not only for the name but also for the patents and desighn. There is a difference in electrical output in my test, ergo the sound is different. Just like in the old days, the Philips El34 sounded different and measured different from the El34 mullards. Even when you check out the data books, they exhibit slightly different interelectrode capacitance, which causes  the primary difference in sound quality. Now which sounds better is totally subjective. 

Offline ianmorales

• Collector
  • Virus stricken!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4063 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 12:22 AM »
sir andrew, i just want to ask if how much is your el34 budget amps? And how much if some of your design that you made be changed, like for example the switch.  I want it to replace it with the switch with the blue LED light and how long it will take for the switch to be replaced? I really want your amps the design and the quality of the sound that your amps produce. Im planning to buy,  but i have to save some money pa to buy it. KONTI NA LANG MALAPIT NA ME MAGKA AMX!!!!!

Offline bruno

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4064 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 06:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sir Andrew.  In your opinion, which sounds better?

Have you compared both (new Mullard and Svetlana) against the SED Winged =C=?

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4065 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 08:57 AM »
Mr Andrew,

More power same with Jetok I'm very proud and happy owner. :)

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4066 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 12:27 AM »
Thanks for the reply Sir Andrew. In your opinion, which sounds better?

Have you compared both (new Mullard and Svetlana) against the SED Winged =C=?

In my humble opinion, the Mullard sounds fuller than both the S Svetlana and the winged C. But honestly I could not distingush the difference between the S svetlana and the winged C. According to my Original Mullard manual their EL34 could be of service up to 8,000 hours at maximum rating, and when derated like 25 watt power output for a pair of El34 you could get more than 10,000 hours. I have a pair of original Mullards from the 1960 it it sounds like the new Mullard.   Now if the New Mullard is made exactly as the old Mullard then I think it is a very good tube Cto use, considering that the NOS is very very expensive if available at all.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4067 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 12:35 AM »
sir andrew, i just want to ask if how much is your el34 budget amps? And how much if some of your design that you made be changed, like for example the switch. I want it to replace it with the switch with the blue LED light and how long it will take for the switch to be replaced? I really want your amps the design and the quality of the sound that your amps produce. Im planning to buy, but i have to save some money pa to buy it. KONTI NA LANG MALAPIT NA ME MAGKA AMX!!!!!

No problem about the changes because we are about to bring out the second edition of the El34 entry level integrated amp. I will keep you posted about the exact price when my accountant finalizes the cost of the cosmetic changes we are doing. Yes it will have "Blue LEDS" and more than one. I think it will look stunning in the dark. We are removing the red rocker switch.

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4068 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 09:52 PM »
Andrew,
Can I have mine made ala jeepney lights. Yung bang tipong sumasayaw na ilaw?
Off course I am joking but not bad an idea huh?
Heard you are going to bring out some surprices come audio show....like new ???? Gusto ko, mine with jeepney lights din.
bz

Offline gob

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock n roll
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4069 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 11:37 PM »
ive found good reviews in amx el34 integrated amp.  i would like to know the difference between 6550 and KT-88? tnx
:D

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4070 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 01:20 AM »
In my subjective evaluation i would tend to compare the differences much alike the differences between 6L6 and EL34 wherein the 6550 is a stronger 6L6 and the KT88 a stronger version of the El34. Drive wise, the kt88 is easier to drive than the 6550. The KT88 has more pronounce detail, whereas the 6550 seem a tad more dynamic. Again I do not like to say that this is gospel truth but just subjective observations made on the same amp during my tube rolling sessions.

Offline gob

• DVD Addict
  • rock n roll
  • Liked:
« Reply #4071 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 09:17 PM »
In my subjective evaluation i would tend to compare the differences much alike the differences between 6L6 and EL34 wherein the 6550 is a stronger 6L6 and the KT88 a stronger version of the El34. Drive wise, the kt88 is easier to drive than the 6550. The KT88 has more pronounce detail, whereas the 6550 seem a tad more dynamic. Again I do not like to say that this is gospel truth but just subjective observations made on the same amp during my tube rolling sessions.

tnx sir for sharing with this tube amp.  just want to ask also if the el34 can drive any floorstander speakers with 150w & 90sensitivity? because most of the music i listen to is rock, jazz, rnb that prefer loud sounds. :)
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2005 at 09:28 PM by gob »

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4072 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 10:19 PM »
gob,

tried my amx el34 amp with the following floorstander speakers:

monitor audio b4
wharfedale pacific evo 30
modaunt short 908
wharfedale 9.6
triangle heliade es
dali ikon 6
triangle antal xs

the above mentioned speakers were driven with ease and gusto.  my amx is an integrated push-pull el34 tube rectified at 25wpc.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4073 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 09:20 AM »
Thank you jetok for sharing with us which loudspeakers can be used well with the AMX El34 Integrated amplifier.
I do read the handwriting on the wall however. Most , well at least in this forum, like rock, rnb music, which I agree must be played loud. I guess I am in he right course in developing our next project, the 6550 budget amp, around 50 cool watts per channel and a 70 watt per channel KT90 amp. We are reviving our 100 watts PPP El34 too.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4074 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 09:49 AM »

sir andrew, congrats on the new projects...any estimate on the price range of the new 6550 PP budget amp? is this solid state or tube rectified? will the circuit be similar to the 6550 amp that i have right now (which you designed as well)? thanks again for all the help! :D
« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2005 at 09:53 AM by Superman »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline gob

• DVD Addict
  • rock n roll
  • Liked:
« Reply #4075 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 06:38 PM »
jetok,

tnx for sharing infos & nice el34 amp you got there

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4076 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 07:49 PM »
nice amp you got there jetok...very neat and i can feel from it looks that it can really burn down the house!
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4077 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 09:24 PM »
nice amp you got there jetok...very neat and i can feel from it looks that it can really burn down the house!

new_age,

nasa likod mo lang ang place ko dito sa kapitolyo.  :D  parinig naman minsan ng newly tweaked na duntonic and rewired missions mo. curious ako sa result at baka pati ako pa-tweak na rin.  ;D

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4078 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 10:04 PM »

sir andrew, congrats on the new projects...any estimate on the price range of the new 6550 PP budget amp? is this solid state or tube rectified? will the circuit be similar to the 6550 amp that i have right now (which you designed as well)? thanks again for all the help! :D
Since it is budget it is not exactly like your amp. It will use 9 pin miniature tubes like 12au7 NOS Japan, and definitely no boutique parts, but definitely premium high quality. Chassis is smaller and more compact, to lower the price also. Output tubes will be Russian made, controls Alps Japan (NOS), some resistors are carbon composition, NOS. Definitely SS power supply with hich capacitance filter to give you good dynamics.A few things I can share just to give you a glimps of what is to come.

Offline tuff_u_gong

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • emancipate yourselves from mental slavery!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4079 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 05:16 AM »
brought home a sweet sounding el-84/6bq5 AMX (SS rectified) power amp for a
small bedroom setup last week.

great value for the price! it actually sounds great
with my living room/main setup as well. very lively, involving
sound. it's provides a great variety to my triode, tube rectified
amps.

keep up the good work! and we hope you will keep your prices
at reasonable levels always ;D

btw, do you do custom built gear? what are the terms
and conditions for circuits you may not be familiar with?
e.g. thorsten loesch WE 417a based phono stage circuit
from audio asylum?

cheers!

tuff