Author Topic: AMX Tube Products  (Read 679119 times)

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: AMX Integrated Tube Amp
« Reply #4200 on: Nov 27, 2005 at 12:18 PM »
I AGREE WITH HANS.... PERFECT MATCH FOR THE  AE EVO 1.

we tried it at Spectra.... both are midrangey - EL84 and AE. tubong-tubo kung tumunog.
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline jerq

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Waz up?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4201 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 10:51 AM »

was able to audition el84 friday night.  lupit ng sound at a low price.  d n nga ako makatulog..... so no choice. the following day binalikan ko na at binili.   according to them the price of the el84 would be different next month.  i paired my el84 with wharfedale 9.5, ganda ng sound.  :) 

The only problem i have is that im a newbie when it comes to tube.  so hope u guys could help me how to maximize my new toy.

tnx

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #4202 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 10:56 AM »
was able to audition el84 friday night.  lupit ng sound at a low price.  d n nga ako makatulog..... so no choice. the following day binalikan ko na at binili.   according to them the price of the el84 would be different next month.  i paired my el84 with wharfedale 9.5, ganda ng sound.  :) 

The only problem i have is that im a newbie when it comes to tube.  so hope u guys could help me how to maximize my new toy.

tnx

sir, magkano kuha nyo? thanks...
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline jerq

• Collector
  • Waz up?
  • Liked:
« Reply #4203 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 11:07 AM »
got my el84 for 12T.  mhal ba to??

Offline shuttertrigger

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4204 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 11:09 AM »

i have no idea sir... sorry.. nagbabalak pa lang po kasi ako mag tube amp..thanks sir  ;)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline jerq

• Collector
  • Waz up?
  • Liked:
« Reply #4205 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 11:15 AM »
mura na yan ang alam ko kasi ang lupit ng sound.... try mo mag audition sa phasetron sa may park square... mabait mga tao dun.... 

Offline shuttertrigger

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4206 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 11:18 AM »
mura na yan ang alam ko kasi ang lupit ng sound.... try mo mag audition sa phasetron sa may park square... mabait mga tao dun.... 

thanks pare.. will go there if i have time..
Hey, that's my bike!

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4207 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 02:28 PM »

Mura na yan. Yung mga branded at least 20k+.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #4208 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 03:39 PM »
to: amxtube and tuberos / re: new amx el84 (sonatina) and el34 (vivace) amps
kindly give me estimate COSTof upgrading tubes etc. napansin ko po na tuberos usually upgrade their stock amps by "tube rolling" changing caps and other amp components. sana ay meron din special edition version [sonatina SE/vivace SE]  using "premium" tubes, caps etc. thanx :)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4209 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 05:39 PM »
what tube in particular...you have to specify the tube you want to "upgrade" to...can;t give recommendations in terms of price range unless you indicate your preference...thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4210 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 07:29 PM »
hi sir supes. ur rite, gotta id exact tube brand- nos tele sylvania etc and @ have their own sonic quality. dats y im suggesting maybe different versions of the same amp (call it - sonatina SE, mkII, series 2, watever) ready-made upgrade options for newbie tuberos. Parang kwarterpoundr, big mac at small mac - turo mo lang gusto sa menu :)  ....thanx! up up and away! :)
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2005 at 05:37 AM by oweidah »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4211 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 08:11 PM »

Mura yan for a 12k el84 amp. ;D

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4212 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 09:39 PM »
i do not understand...what i understand from your query is you're looking for an amp that can use el-84, el-34, etc??? i do not know of this amp is in existence or have been created already...as for the brand, depends on your flavor of music, depends on your budget as well, just my 2-cents, thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4213 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 09:55 PM »
i suggest you try the stock parts before going any upgrade! ;)

Offline ianmorales

• Collector
  • Virus stricken!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4214 on: Nov 28, 2005 at 11:04 PM »
Sir hans, Do you have an idea if how much is the AE evo1? Medyo busy lang sa work kaya no time to go to spectra to ask the price.

Thanks sir!

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4215 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 05:48 AM »
hi sir supes. ur rite, gotta id exact tube brand- nos tele sylvania etc and @ have their own sonic quality. dats y im suggesting maybe different versions of the same amp (call it - sonatina SE, mkII, series 2, watever) ready-made upgrade options for newbie tuberos. Parang kwarterpoundr, big mac at small mac - turo mo lang gusto sa menu :)  ....thanx! up up and away! :)

what oweidah means is..........

same circuit but different brand on the parts. the SE version will represent the one that uses the premium parts.

Offline Audioboy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4216 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 05:52 AM »
oweidah,

you can make arrangement with andrew re the SE version. he can customize one for you depending on your budget.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4217 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 05:58 AM »
sirs, pls correct me if im wrong, the amx el84 amp is named Sonatina and the amx el34 amp is Vivace. What i was suggesting is for the amx people to have different versions of a particular amp to cater to different budgets and preferences. example- amx el84 stock, el84 using NOS, el84 sovtek, el84 sylvania auricaps cerafine etc. Or if not ready made versions, to present upgrade path or modification options to make life easier for the end-users, esp. newbie tuberos who dont know the ins and outs of the tube hobby. hindi na kailangan magtanong o sumaliksik pa what brand to replace the stock tubes, capacitors resistors etc. d ba mas ok if sa product catalog - aside from specs and features etc, may listahan na rin ng mga parts they can be changed or modified. if amx can tailor-made amps, why not present it instead of waiting for people to ask.
just my mamera :)

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4218 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 07:11 AM »
what oweidah means is..........

same circuit but different brand on the parts. the SE version will represent the one that uses the premium parts.

pare, thanks! had it mixed up...key here is for the buyer to have a talk with andrew before he/she buys...1st step maybe is to research on preferred amp, then maybe audition similar amps or similar sounding amps...thanks atty! :D

sirs, pls correct me if im wrong, the amx el84 amp is named Sonatina and the amx el34 amp is Vivace. What i was suggesting is for the amx people to have different versions of a particular amp to cater to different budgets and preferences. example- amx el84 stock, el84 using NOS, el84 sovtek, el84 sylvania auricaps cerafine etc. Or if not ready made versions, to present upgrade path or modification options to make life easier for the end-users, esp. newbie tuberos who dont know the ins and outs of the tube hobby. hindi na kailangan magtanong o sumaliksik pa what brand to replace the stock tubes, capacitors resistors etc. d ba mas ok if sa product catalog - aside from specs and features etc, may listahan na rin ng mga parts they can be changed or modified. if amx can tailor-made amps, why not present it instead of waiting for people to ask.
just my mamera :)

it is available...that's the reason why andrew would want to talk to the "buyer" before he buys because he would normally discuss several options, and in fact, give you free lecture...in my experience, he has asked me what tubes i want, if new production or NOS, if i want premium parts or not...hope this clears it out...thanks!

paging amxtube...member here requesting for AMX catalog...thanks!

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4219 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 09:12 AM »
Sir hans, Do you have an idea if how much is the AE evo1? Medyo busy lang sa work kaya no time to go to spectra to ask the price.

Thanks sir!

12k plus ata at Spectra.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4220 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 09:30 AM »
thanx alot sirs!!! hope to see the "light" at the end of the audio tunnel :)
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2005 at 09:32 AM by oweidah »

Offline kid

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #4221 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 09:54 AM »
oweidah,

Its not yet the right time to upgrade your newly acquired AMX amp.... listen to it first....

Offline saki

• Apprentice
  • enjoy & reellaaxxxxxxsssh!!!
  • Liked:
Re: setting the sub xover frequency
« Reply #4222 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 10:15 AM »
12, 500 to be exact my friend just bought one pair last thursday.

please help me guys, i just started setting up my HT june 2004, it was a denon avr1604 and a set of def tech cinema pro80, just this november i replaced my avr with hk avr335. my problem is, am still confused in the setting of my sub's crossover frequency, i set my avr335 crossover to 60hz since it's the freq range of pro monitor80 and i dont have problem with it's sounds, my question is, in what xover freq should i set my pro sub 150hz or 40hz to produce a much blended bass?  another thing where can i buy those test cd's/dvd's?  thanks!
saki

Online bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4223 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 10:22 AM »
OT:

Try setting the sub's Xover higher than the receiver's. Para alang butas.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4224 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 11:02 AM »
oweidah,
Its not yet the right time to upgrade your newly acquired AMX amp.... listen to it first....
sir punk-kid...hindi pa p0 ako tubero. medyo tumitindi lang ang curiosity kasi sa tag-lamig nakaka-miss yung heater sa room ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2005 at 11:03 AM by oweidah »

Offline kid

• DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #4225 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 02:08 PM »
kala ko kasi nangangati ka ng mag-upgrade  ;D research ka muna bro... pwede ka din mag-attend sa mga listening sessions  ;)

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4226 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
kala ko kasi nangangati ka ng mag-upgrade ;D research ka muna bro... pwede ka din mag-attend sa mga listening sessions ;)
kating-kati @@n@@ na pero ayoko kamutin baka ma-impeksion lead to sars:)
yup research & audition... listening sessions...hmmmmm ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2005 at 03:00 PM by oweidah »

Offline kid

• DVD Guru
  • Certified Kwela Boys
  • Liked:
« Reply #4227 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 03:21 PM »
audition?  ??? ng speaker ba  ;D alam ko match ang EL84 sa toooot speaker  :o  ;D

break-in mo muna yang amp mo then palitan ng tooot caps... then tooot parts  ;D ;D

Offline arizton

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4228 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 08:18 PM »
hi,

need help guys, i wanted to build an audio system using amx tube & from what i read from this thread el34 is great for rock which is btw my type of music. my prob is anong speakers ang maganda sa el34? right now im eyeing 3 floorstander b4, m34 & concept 6 ano po kaya ang maganda sa rock rockan ung bang pag sunalang ko si lenny kravitz @ disturb e parang nasa harap ako ng concert nila? ;D yung pwede din po sa rap pala ( ung maganda ang base  8)

tia mga sir

ariz

Offline AMXTube

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4229 on: Nov 29, 2005 at 11:06 PM »
pare, thanks! had it mixed up...key here is for the buyer to have a talk with andrew before he/she buys...1st step maybe is to research on preferred amp, then maybe audition similar amps or similar sounding amps...thanks atty! :D

it is available...that's the reason why andrew would want to talk to the "buyer" before he buys because he would normally discuss several options, and in fact, give you free lecture...in my experience, he has asked me what tubes i want, if new production or NOS, if i want premium parts or not...hope this clears it out...thanks!

paging amxtube...member here requesting for AMX catalog...thanks!

We have tried to simplify the product line. So all our regular models  use high quality premium  parts ( not boutique parts like Cerafines, Auricaps etc.), to mention we use  Illinois caps, Svetlana tubes, Matshucrapa , Spragues, JJ, Nichicons and rubycons for caps. Matshusita high quality pots etc. All our transformers however, output and power use only high quality silicon cores, interleaved windings one of the worlds best copper wire, from virgin ores, wound in house  with our very specific specifications. Our amps will not sound good without it. So we try to put the quality  where it will  most count.  When anyone desires  expensive boutique parts, NOS tubes, he has to make an order for it because most likely it will be very expensive, and majority cannot afford it. That is the reason we came out with our regular models . Even other brands dont use this boutique parts as standards due to price constraints.
Just tell me what you desire and we will roll it up for you, with pleasure. Price listing will be difficult as the prices for these boutique parts vary with availability, but are always expensive, like 50 US for a 12AX7 RCA black plates, 100 US for one Amperex bugle boy EL84. My suggestion is you get our standard units, then upgrade. Mind you, that you will need a critical mass of upgrades to really notice any further  improvement.
driven by a passion for music