Author Topic: AMX Tube Products  (Read 679484 times)

Offline AMXTube

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AMX Integrated Tube Amp
« Reply #4320 on: Apr 17, 2006 at 11:27 PM »
Andrew,
It's an SE BMW? That that is exitting!

Andrew, do you have the intstrument to tune a FM tuner? Also do you have the time?

By the way tuloy parin yung dream tube equalizer parin ko ha? Wala palang pambayad sa iyo kaya hindi ako maka deposit. Just let the design brew in you mind first. Mas maganda paghinog na o baka hinog na? I am begining to be an equalizer balik believer again because when ever I used my vintage Sansui's triple tone control, I get to ballance the sound to my liking. Almost all engineers who did the mixing from the different recordings have different taste also. This difference will not be as obvious without your tube amps. "kasalanan mo pa pala!" Very un-audiophile ba or another falacy that audiophile don't use equalizer?

The baby beamer is about ready. I am just deciding the tube rectifier after definetly rejecting the SS recti in this setup. Got some nOS potato masher 5R4 and comparing it with 5U4G and 5V4. The 5V4 has a really soft turn on as it is indirectly heated. This is good for the power tubes and will prevent cathode stripping. Sonically the Sovtek 5U4G sounds better. At 4.5 watts per channel it is a sweetie. The downside is you need an efficient horn loaded system,if ever you want it loud, but it delivers deep bass through my focal bookshelf at a lesser volume. I designed this amp to be used as an all around daily music listening pleasure thing. I did not think of loud, but good and sweet. Soft but can go down to 30hz. My RTA just showed this baby could go deep.I enjoyed my Audiophile Voices CD #4 track 1. Selena Jones, "you dont bring me flowers" could really get down low and deep. It is a no=none sense amp. You just have to use it for what it is made for. Cool is the word. Coming very soon.
driven by a passion for music

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4321 on: Apr 18, 2006 at 09:48 AM »
amxtube,

a 4.5w flea amp that can go deep........... :o.  this is very interesting and i am sure this is worth the wait.  let us know when it is ready for audition.

congrats in advance.  ;)

« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2006 at 09:50 AM by jetok »

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #4322 on: Apr 18, 2006 at 10:46 AM »
amxtube,

a 4.5w flea amp that can go deep........... :o.  this is very interesting and i am sure this is worth the wait.  let us know when it is ready for audition.

congrats in advance.  ;)

hmmmmmm....... ano na naman yan balak mo?:D

Offline ianmorales

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Virus stricken!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4323 on: Apr 19, 2006 at 01:02 AM »
Sir andrew,  I have an amx el 84 integrated amp,  and i have a yamaha pre-amp. Is it okey to connect the pre-amp to the integrated amp?  I will use the pre-amp for my turntable as a phono stage.

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4324 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 01:41 AM »

hmmmmmm....... ano na naman yan balak mo?:D

gusto ko ng different flavor.  :D

Offline j_albert22

• DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
« Reply #4325 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 08:32 AM »
gusto ko ng different flavor.  :D

di ba bago lang yong isa mo ;D tapos may gusto agad na iba...........iba talaga ang paldo....... yong isang paldo nanahimik na.......................
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2006 at 02:17 PM by j_albert22 »

Offline AMXTube

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4326 on: Apr 20, 2006 at 11:22 AM »
Sir andrew,  I have an amx el 84 integrated amp,  and i have a yamaha pre-amp. Is it okey to connect the pre-amp to the integrated amp?  I will use the pre-amp for my turntable as a phono stage.

You probably have a rec. out in your Yamaha. You can tap off from there and connect it to your integrated amp. In that way you bypass the other circuits inside he Yamaha. Or you may just connect the output of your Yamaha  Preamp and connect it to your tube amp. Adjust the volume control of the power amp in such a manner that even you go all the way up with your Yamaha, you do not overdrive the tube amp, or else you will be in for lots of nasty distortion. happy listening! Thank you for asking.
driven by a passion for music

Offline Calvin Tan

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: AMX Tube Products
« Reply #4327 on: Apr 22, 2006 at 09:23 PM »
Bought AMX tube int amp. KT66.

IMO sounds better than the EL34 they have there. (might be the tubes??)  For comparison ...
The bass is more defined, the voice clarity is better, the highs were not ear-piercing painful, more melodic for female vocals. Overall, a better choice for me.

A word of warning though, the default setup they had there was Alon speakers ?? ... which is a little low on bass.
Those who own MAs or other bass strong speakers would be adviced to plug the port holes for their speakers to minimize boomy sounds.

I'm now happy listening to more melodic music.

Thanks to AMX Audio

Offline markmlists

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4328 on: Apr 22, 2006 at 10:26 PM »
Congratulations!

Bought AMX tube int amp. KT66.

IMO sounds better than the EL34 they have there. (might be the tubes??)  For comparison ...
The bass is more defined, the voice clarity is better, the highs were not ear-piercing painful, more melodic for female vocals. Overall, a better choice for me.

A word of warning though, the default setup they had there was Alon speakers ?? ... which is a little low on bass.
Those who own MAs or other bass strong speakers would be adviced to plug the port holes for their speakers to minimize boomy sounds.

I'm now happy listening to more melodic music.

Thanks to AMX Audio

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4329 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 03:40 PM »
The baby beamer is about ready. I am just deciding the tube rectifier after definetly rejecting the SS recti in this setup. Got some nOS potato masher 5R4 and comparing it with 5U4G and 5V4. The 5V4 has a really soft turn on as it is indirectly heated. This is good for the power tubes and will prevent cathode stripping. Sonically the Sovtek 5U4G sounds better. At 4.5 watts per channel it is a sweetie. The downside is you need an efficient horn loaded system,if ever you want it loud, but it delivers deep bass through my focal bookshelf at a lesser volume. I designed this amp to be used as an all around daily music listening pleasure thing. I did not think of loud, but good and sweet. Soft but can go down to 30hz. My RTA just showed this baby could go deep.I enjoyed my Audiophile Voices CD #4 track 1. Selena Jones, "you dont bring me flowers" could really get down low and deep. It is a no=none sense amp. You just have to use it for what it is made for. Cool is the word. Coming very soon.

Uy new baby coming hehehehehe...

keep us update sir.

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4330 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 03:44 PM »
di ba bago lang yong isa mo ;D tapos may gusto agad na iba...........iba talaga ang paldo....... yong isang paldo nanahimik na.......................

Musta speaker hunting mo?

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4331 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 04:02 PM »
new amps, i'm sure they will sond great or better than before  ;D

OT: those looking for speakers for their low powered tube amps i have one for sale.

Offline j_albert22

• DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
« Reply #4332 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 06:35 PM »
Musta speaker hunting mo?

alaws pa pero parang amp muna hanap ko  ;)

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4333 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 07:45 PM »
alaws pa pero parang amp muna hanap ko  ;)

aha! huli ka........amp na pala ang hinahanap mo ngayon!  ano gusto mo PP or SET?  ;D  punta ka sa bahay at baka makita mo ang hinahanap mo.  ;D

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
« Reply #4334 on: Apr 24, 2006 at 09:44 PM »
WARNING  :o :o :o :o

Sige punta na j-albert sa bahay at baka nandun ang solution sa iyong problema.  ;D ;D ;D

Bihira lang mang imbita yan kaya samantalahin mo na.   ;) :D :)

Offline s2kov

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4335 on: Apr 25, 2006 at 02:21 PM »
kakainggit kayo, kumpleto sa amp! ;D

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4336 on: Apr 27, 2006 at 11:48 PM »
sir AMX kayo rin po ba yun may ari ng kinetic audio? Im a big fan, I purchased your kinetic pre amp for my professional audio in the 90's sa phasetron.

sir favor po pde maka hingi ng price list ng amx tube amp (pre and power). salamat po!   
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4337 on: May 05, 2006 at 03:22 PM »
sir AMX kayo rin po ba yun may ari ng kinetic audio? Im a big fan, I purchased your kinetic pre amp for my professional audio in the 90's sa phasetron.

sir favor po pde maka hingi ng price list ng amx tube amp (pre and power). salamat po!   

IIsa lang sila sir.

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Triode Junkie...It's MUSIC not HIFI!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4338 on: May 18, 2006 at 06:54 AM »
Mga bro' nasa int. amp hunting ako and I've heard some amps with chinese-built tubes....eh medyo hindi ko gusto iyong mga humm & hiss ng mga ito @ zero load, may pagka-prominent din ang distortion @ higher load.  Lately, I've seen this AMX int. amps and curious ako sa KT88 model...How much is the model kung meron sa inyo nakakaalam and ano ang performance nito kung meron din sa inyong nakarinig na?   Kase I specifically don't like an amp that humm or hiss even @ low or zero load.  Any idea and I might go over to the shop later para i-audition itong AMX.  Nasa deciding stage pa ako kung tube amp or going into Roksan Kandy MK-III/L.III Int. Amp (SS amp originally UK-Made).  Actually, iyong kaibigan kong Emirati (from Dubai) ay ini-head-to-head matchup namin sa Saudi iyong Roksan MK-III sa isang chinese-built tube amp na hiniram niya from somebody, pero nilamon ng MK-III iyong tube amp in terms of signal reproduction and cyrstal clear sound with lot of punch.  Ang nagmukhang tunog SS ay iyong chinese-built tube amp (kulang sa bass, muddy ang mids, though ok naman ang highs) na sinubukan namin at ang nag-tunog  tube ay iyong MK-III.

Ito lang kase ang sa tingin ko (ref to SS technology) ang MK-III/L.III na talagang match sa original UK-built  MA S6 speakers ko, but I want to settle for a tube amp.  At kung maka-experience ako ng isang de-tubo na kayang gawin iyong narinig ko sa MK-III, I'll go for that tube amp.  Well of course, ayoko rin naman ng tube amp na sobrang mahal kase like Audio Research...hats off ako doon pero it costs some SR19K (multiplied by Php14).

Hope to hear a feedback from you guys about AMX amps.  Salamat.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006 at 06:57 AM by Signal2Noise »
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline docsialu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • with no power, comes no responsibility
  • Liked:
« Reply #4339 on: May 18, 2006 at 02:25 PM »
gud pm, have a b2 and ra01 combo ryt now, would like to try on amps from amx, which ones are a match for my b2, ung entry level lang sana that would sound better than the ra01, i mostly listen to female jazz vocals, tnx

Offline boomjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4340 on: May 18, 2006 at 04:57 PM »
Mga bro' nasa int. amp hunting ako and I've heard some amps with chinese-built tubes....eh medyo hindi ko gusto iyong mga humm & hiss ng mga ito @ zero load, may pagka-prominent din ang distortion @ higher load.  Lately, I've seen this AMX int. amps and curious ako sa KT88 model...How much is the model kung meron sa inyo nakakaalam and ano ang performance nito kung meron din sa inyong nakarinig na?   Kase I specifically don't like an amp that humm or hiss even @ low or zero load.  Any idea and I might go over to the shop later para i-audition itong AMX.  Nasa deciding stage pa ako kung tube amp or going into Roksan Kandy MK-III/L.III Int. Amp (SS amp originally UK-Made).  Actually, iyong kaibigan kong Emirati (from Dubai) ay ini-head-to-head matchup namin sa Saudi iyong Roksan MK-III sa isang chinese-built tube amp na hiniram niya from somebody, pero nilamon ng MK-III iyong tube amp in terms of signal reproduction and cyrstal clear sound with lot of punch.  Ang nagmukhang tunog SS ay iyong chinese-built tube amp (kulang sa bass, muddy ang mids, though ok naman ang highs) na sinubukan namin at ang nag-tunog  tube ay iyong MK-III.

Ito lang kase ang sa tingin ko (ref to SS technology) ang MK-III/L.III na talagang match sa original UK-built  MA S6 speakers ko, but I want to settle for a tube amp.  At kung maka-experience ako ng isang de-tubo na kayang gawin iyong narinig ko sa MK-III, I'll go for that tube amp.  Well of course, ayoko rin naman ng tube amp na sobrang mahal kase like Audio Research...hats off ako doon pero it costs some SR19K (multiplied by Php14).

ygpm

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4341 on: May 18, 2006 at 10:58 PM »

Nothing is imposible with AMX. Kung hindi mo gusto and tunog pa tweak mo sa AMX. I think they are more will to do that. I can tweak my heart and wallet out with AMX. You are starting right by following your ears. Hope when you hear the AMX you like baka your heart will follow. ENJOY shopping!

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4342 on: May 18, 2006 at 11:02 PM »
gud pm, have a b2 and ra01 combo ryt now, would like to try on amps from amx, which ones are a match for my b2, ung entry level lang sana that would sound better than the ra01, i mostly listen to female jazz vocals, tnx
Sorry but which b2 and ra01 are you reffering to?

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #4343 on: May 22, 2006 at 12:21 PM »
b2 - might be Monitor Audio and ra01 might be Rotel Integ Amp RA-01
Assuming on the above equipment, replacing your RA-01 should be EL-34 based Amp since MA-B2 is quite hard to drive (IMHO)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006 at 12:24 PM by odyopayl »
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
« Reply #4344 on: May 22, 2006 at 06:27 PM »
Sorry but which b2 and ra01 are you reffering to?

AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS
Sir try to call us
NEW HERE IN THIS PLACE?
just want to let you know that the location of the store is @ 50D TIMOG AVENUE. QUEZON CITY
FEEL FREE TO DROP BY VISIT THE PLACE

or call us 3743620

TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE!!!   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE   TO HEAR IS TO BELIEVE
THE BETTER SOUND FOR BUDGETED PRICE

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4345 on: May 22, 2006 at 09:33 PM »
b2 - might be Monitor Audio and ra01 might be Rotel Integ Amp RA-01
Assuming on the above equipment, replacing your RA-01 should be EL-34 based Amp since MA-B2 is quite hard to drive (IMHO)
Well ok. If that's the case then try comparing the b2(if I am not mistaken that's the model) in Phasetron with their AMX speakers. I heard it there and tried a little bit of ABing it and guess what? Maybe my ears are gone but the AMX speakers are not far from the b2. the AMX has a natural double bass. I heard it only using Jazz music. You guys better go there and check it out to prove me wrong. The only variables that may cause the discrepancies is that maybe the b2 is not match with the amps? or the CD players?

Offline docsialu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • with no power, comes no responsibility
  • Liked:
« Reply #4346 on: Jun 01, 2006 at 06:48 PM »
tnx, yes i mean monitor audio B2, so i presume the el-34 is the tube? so which
model of el34 based tube amp would i need to check out? would this be good for
listening to vocal jazz music? tnx a lot

Offline Calvin Tan

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4347 on: Jun 05, 2006 at 03:09 AM »
Kase I specifically don't like an amp that humm or hiss even @ low or zero load. 

Got AMX KT66 weeks ago. Definitely zero hiss at pause mode sa CD player. Excellent for vocals IMO.

Compared them side by side with EL34 and KT88, and another one (forgot model).
KT66 plays them a bit more melodic (IMO), but this is just my taste. Yours might differ.

Offline Voltraizer

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4348 on: Jun 05, 2006 at 07:06 AM »
Quote from: Signal2Noise
Kasi I specifically don't like an amp that humm or hiss @ low or zero load.
Hope to hear a feedback from you guys about AMX amps. Salamat.

I once had a AMX- KT-88 Int  SEP. Wala rin akong naring na hiss or humm.
Ganun din yun AMX Contodo preamp ko ngayon na kinabit ko sa ibang power amp. Wala rin hiss and hummm.
Better is to audition and listen sa shop. Maraming model to choose from. Quality -wise,Reasonable pa ang mga prices .
technics sl1200ltd gold,,Passlabs X250.5,dynaudio C1, rogue  super99,charisma audio ref1 mc 

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #4349 on: Jun 17, 2006 at 09:45 AM »

Sir Andrew...is your baby beamer already available? Is it now in your shop?
Any new creations from your lab,maybe u want to update us?

Thanks, best regards