Author Topic: AMX Tube Products  (Read 680395 times)

Offline bobmy12003

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AMX Tube Products
« Reply #4350 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 04:44 PM »
Hi all pinodvd members,

My name is bob from malaysia, and im new to this forum, hope I am welcome here.

Last year I came across this website www.amxtubeaudio.com and really interested to know more about their products. but the website tells nothing just a few pictures of the product.

I wrote an email to Mr. Andrew and asked him about PSE KT88 , also I asked him to quote the price which he did
and he also send me the specification for the model (thanks) but I never got the shipping cost. I checked my old email and found out that it was due to my fault, didnt gave him my full address in Malaysia.(my apologize to Mr. Andrew)
And a few days ago again I stumbled upon this forum and was surprised because AMX has so many followers here, which is good. In Malaysia there are a few tube builders but tube gear didnt go down well to the masses, maybe because of the higher price here. And those who own tube gears are only a few.

Im interested to know about AMX PSE KT88 soundwise and constructionwise maybe I will make a purchase, so if any pinodvd members can share the experienced of listening and owning the model please share.

From what Mr Andrew told me it can build either tube regulated or SS regulated which is very nice.(I always go for tube regulated) I already have two push pull KT88 amp, so Im thinking of getting one single ended KT88 just to change the taste. With my push pull I listen mostly to rock but single ended maybe I can use for voice and acoustic music.

Actually I have a few alternatives from Europe and the U.S but the shipping cost surely is killing me and Im going  only for KT88/6550 design because I already have many in my stock. Go to other tubes surely will cost me more.
Of course the best single ended is from triode, but a good design pentode/tetrode also can sound nice I believe.

To Mr Andrews,  I am sorry for it took me so long to write back to you because of my work commitment and really hope to hear from you again. (I just wrote to you yesterday, and fowarded all previous emails in case you couldnt recall)

Thanks and regards

bob

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4351 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 06:32 PM »
Hi all pinodvd members,

My name is bob from malaysia, and im new to this forum, hope I am welcome here.

Last year I came across this website www.amxtubeaudio.com and really interested to know more about their products. but the website tells nothing just a few pictures of the product.

I wrote an email to Mr. Andrew and asked him about PSE KT88 , also I asked him to quote the price which he did
and he also send me the specification for the model (thanks) but I never got the shipping cost. I checked my old email and found out that it was due to my fault, didnt gave him my full address in Malaysia.(my apologize to Mr. Andrew)
And a few days ago again I stumbled upon this forum and was surprised because AMX has so many followers here, which is good. In Malaysia there are a few tube builders but tube gear didnt go down well to the masses, maybe because of the higher price here. And those who own tube gears are only a few.

Im interested to know about AMX PSE KT88 soundwise and constructionwise maybe I will make a purchase, so if any pinodvd members can share the experienced of listening and owning the model please share.

From what Mr Andrew told me it can build either tube regulated or SS regulated which is very nice.(I always go for tube regulated) I already have two push pull KT88 amp, so Im thinking of getting one single ended KT88 just to change the taste. With my push pull I listen mostly to rock but single ended maybe I can use for voice and acoustic music.

Actually I have a few alternatives from Europe and the U.S but the shipping cost surely is killing me and Im going  only for KT88/6550 design because I already have many in my stock. Go to other tubes surely will cost me more.
Of course the best single ended is from triode, but a good design pentode/tetrode also can sound nice I believe.

To Mr Andrews,  I am sorry for it took me so long to write back to you because of my work commitment and really hope to hear from you again. (I just wrote to you yesterday, and fowarded all previous emails in case you couldnt recall)

Thanks and regards

bob

hi bob,

welcome to pinoydvd!

try to pm superman, i believe he used to own one.  if you will browse this thread (though quite long) you will see a partial list of amx amp owners.  not to mention the owners outside of this forum.  i myself is an owner of a custom-made AMX EL34 PP amp to taylor-fit my preference and it's still with me since 2003.  i'm sure andrew will attend to your queries.  good luck!
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2006 at 06:39 PM by jetok »

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4352 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 09:25 PM »
Hey bobmy12003,  let me join jetok in welcoming you in this site/thread!!!  your knowledge, expriences, inquiries and others are very much welcome here.

as what jetok mentioned, you can see how long this thread is (i guess this is the longest in the site) and still growing due to the popularity of the tube products and of course due to the professionalism of the founder/designer himself, Mr. Andrew Sevilla.  Very personalized an d generous in providing answers to your queries.

AMX here is known for its value for money thing.  Quality sound at a friendly price...no arms length deals.

Good luck on your search for audio nirvana... we hope that you find that in an AMX equipment.

Cheers! :)
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4353 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 02:35 AM »

I don't know if Mr. Andrew will kill me for saying this but here goes. he started his electronics experience back when dinasaurs still roam the earth. He has been tinkering with tube amps when most of your parents were not married yet. Plus, an electronic engineer will still be another electronic engineer unless . . . .  he has a different set of musical ears to tweak what ever can be squeezed out of certain set limits. I will always remember him saying "the best sound system is go to a good concert hall and listen to the music".  So I guess his standards for designing the amps and speakers for that matter is his recollection of how the real instruments and voice sounded. A God blessed set of ears and techinical knowhow and experience will definitely set some very good standard to start with. I recently listened to some of the very cheap speakers available here (about $100 worth) tweaked by Mr. Andrew and . . . . am not going to waste my money on some of the expensive ones from europe and america if that level of standard were set. A few level standard higher, he has these speakers which were awsome for the price range (about $400). I am still saving money for a tube equalizer and I am sure its going to be one high end sound I can get from it. Maybe a trip to the Philippines can be a fulfilling leasure trip to listen to them amps and speakers. Nothing beats a system that can touch ones senses. Oh by the way, I have only an el84 and it always brings me to nirvana.

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4354 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 02:47 AM »
By the way Bob,
Ask any questions reguarding amplifyers and speakers and he has the background to tell you about it. I tried once asking him " why did minimalist design came about and reguarded the equalizers as a mortal sin for audiophile?" You will be amazed to find out that it was more of marketing reasons. Now if Andrew can share his answer about this question, I am sure he can do a better job. Aren't you guys also interest in knowing why we have this wrong mind set that to have equalizers are a NO NO for audiophiles?

Offline RU9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4355 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 07:52 AM »
Aren't you guys also interest in knowing why we have this wrong mind set that to have equalizers are a NO NO for audiophiles?

Hi, you have the same thinking as REG (www.regonaudio.com). He says that in order to some all the upgrades and the tweaking, add adigital equalizer.

This is one of his emails on the subject.

<[email protected]>

Since we have quite a few new people, it occurred to me that it
might be useful to have a quick summary of the overall picture as I
see about sound in rooms and EQ and so on. Details are on
www.regonaudio.com but in quick form, my personal view:

The sound of an audio system is Predominately determined by the time
windowed frequency response. Barring gross distortions(amp clipping
and so on), the overall sound is almost entirely described by
knowinG how much energy in each frequency arrives as a function of
time.

In the lower frequencies(below around 300 Hz) the room contribution
and the direct sound of the speaker are essentially treated by the
ear/brain as a unity. If this region is made RTA (steady state)
flat, it sounds right. Further up, there is a gradual increase in
emphasis on direct arrival,although the room sound still counts.

A good summary of why one might come to believe this picture is
given in www.gradient.fi , the design white paper(note especially
page 3).

Much of what is wrong with audio systems in rooms can be fixed by EQ-
-in the bass essentially ALL that is wrong can be so fixed. Higher
up, life is not so simple since the ear/brain begins to hear the
direct arrival, then the early reflections, then the "room sound" as
a whole in separate and different ways. The best hope is to get rid
of as much of the room sound and the early reflections as possible
in the higher frequencies.

Most speaker/room combinations do not do all that well. But a good
speaker and careful placement can get one surprisingly close. Have a
look at the Harbeth M40 graph in my photo gallery here. One might
like to EQ out a little of the extra "warmth" and I usually add a
subwoofer to pull up the deep bass slightly, but overall, it shows
signs of working! So do some of the other speakers measured on
www.regonaudio.com at least with a little judicious EQ.

So there is the "big picture" as I see it. This message is really
for new people only. Everything in it is old hat to those who have
been around a while!

REG

PS New people: I really really recommend a very careful reading of
the design brief on www.gradient.fi
especially the part (page 3) about how people could essentially not
tell the output of an anechoically-played flat speaker from the
source being played, that the differences were very small. This fact
is a profound truth.

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4356 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 08:45 AM »
Let me illustrate (how I understand the process):

Bad-sounding old BNS Quintetspeaker

In-room frequency response of the BNS Quintet speaker.

With EQUALIZER, corrected in-room frequency response of the BNS Quintet speaker.

Much flatter result, means better sounding.  The equaliser just corrects the bad effects of the room environment.

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4357 on: Jul 01, 2006 at 08:27 AM »
I say amen to that RU9. Thanks for that extra readings.

What we have to tackle the issue now on why the mass majority of audiophile went minimalist ( no tone control)? I just hope Andrew has the time to contribute cause I will never have the right to explain nor do I have the right words to explain it. Andrew hellllllllllppppppp!

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Only Taxpayer's should Vote !
  • Liked:
« Reply #4358 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 01:02 PM »
can you compare the AMX PP 6550 with Cayin A-50T ?   Di naman ganun kalayo pricing ng Cayin, pero EL34 tubes lang gamit nung A-50T nila.   
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2006 at 01:02 PM by Le_Stat »
Only tax payer's should vote !

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4359 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 06:58 PM »
Le_Stat, Mahirap i compare  yan kung iba iba ang speakers at cable mo. Siguro pagmay speakers ka na i home autdition yung dalawa para makita ang diperensya. Pakinggan mo kung alin ang mas gusto mo.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4360 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 07:14 PM »
le_stat, good luck on your amx amp, cdp and speaker purchase! :D :D :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4361 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 11:11 PM »
le_stat, good luck on your amx amp, cdp and speaker purchase! :D :D :D

salamat sa pagbati.   

The problem is not all stores have all the brands of tube amps as well as the speakers.  Since wala pa akong unit kahit isa, I cannot borrow either an amp or a speaker and test if it sounds good or not.   If I would go to an entry level amp, then later on andyan ang tinatawag ninyo na sars.  I would prefer to go to the mid end and forget about sars.  This is the reason why i went for tubes instead of receivers coz receivers are always upgrading and changing technology. 

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4362 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 09:44 AM »
punta ka dito sa Davao, will let you listen, hehehe!!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline bobmy12003

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4363 on: Jul 05, 2006 at 10:34 PM »
Hi all pinoydvd members

Mr andrew is building my amp now PSE KT88/6550, and after many emails exchanging, so far I can say Im very satisfied
with the service he gave and from what he twrote to me the amp will be very nice indeed specificationwise.
If there are any members interested about this amp please contact him, who knows maybe a few of us will own this amp
and it is great to exchange any ideas and experiences later on.
I think thats what a forum like this should play where owners can exchange their experinces on improving the quality.

Regards

Bob

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #4364 on: Jul 06, 2006 at 01:55 PM »
Hi all pinoydvd members

Mr andrew is building my amp now PSE KT88/6550, and after many emails exchanging, so far I can say Im very satisfied
with the service he gave and from what he twrote to me the amp will be very nice indeed specificationwise.
If there are any members interested about this amp please contact him, who knows maybe a few of us will own this amp
and it is great to exchange any ideas and experiences later on.
I think thats what a forum like this should play where owners can exchange their experinces on improving the quality.

Regards

Bob

hi sir.... how much does it cost? thanks  :)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4365 on: Jul 06, 2006 at 02:49 PM »
The problem is not all stores have all the brands of tube amps as well as the speakers.  Since wala pa akong unit kahit isa, I cannot borrow either an amp or a speaker and test if it sounds good or not.   If I would go to an entry level amp, then later on andyan ang tinatawag ninyo na sars.  I would prefer to go to the mid end and forget about sars.  This is the reason why i went for tubes instead of receivers coz receivers are always upgrading and changing technology. 
Le_Stat,
I think you have too many variables to choose from and you might end up with just going arround in circles. I guess, what you should do first is decide which to buy first the speakers or the amp. from there then look for the matching amp or speakers. Baka parang chicken or the egg yan. For me, speakers are easier to find and match unless you are using Single Ended Triode of 2 to 3 watts. The problem now is what is mid end speakers? Is it the cost or the sound. As sound is very subjective, I would suggest find out what is your budget for the speakers first. Then look for the best speakers YOU heard then amps will be easier to match. Andrew can even help you match it for your speakers unless you bought some speakers that have already been used by other AMX users. If I were you, wait for the new version of AMX towers. I don't know if he will retweak it or not but try listenting to them first. For the price, they are veryvery good to my ears. If it does not match your taste Andrew can also tweak it for your satisfaction or match your room( a very critical aspect to consider). My thinking and approach towards this is like choosing to buy a Ferrarri or buying an old cheap Ford Mustang with value for money as an objective. Tweak the old Mustang and it will outperform the Ferrarri at a fraction of a price. Will you dare tweak a ferrari? NO WAY!! My friend changed his clutch and cost him 150,000 pesos just for the clutch without the labor. Tweak pa kaya? But if performance and value for money is not your objective but shear bragging rights then spend on the Ferrari. 

Offline Le_Stat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4366 on: Jul 09, 2006 at 12:01 PM »
@bz :  Very true.  Mid end meaning in terms of brand and performance.   Bang for the buck that you almost forget the upgrade itch because of satisfaction received. 

Im still currently auditioning some tubes, and also looking into SS and hybrid.  Since im still new, i'd like to look at my options.  Im the kind of buy who reads first the manual before plunging and plugging the new toy.  But yeah, this is a long process which I also enjoy.  I learn a lot of things everyday.

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4367 on: Jul 09, 2006 at 02:24 PM »
That's good! The joy of research for what is best for you. What I did before was to go to CCP and listen to some actual concerts from any symphyony group. Go listen to some bands you like and try to memorize the sounds also. The band using electronics wont get you much because electronics from guitar can sound so different that there might not be any standard. IN CCP at least you will get to listen how each instruments really sound like. You are not going to get an exact replica of the sound of the instruments but at least you ears can be trained to find out which system will sound closser.  This is one way to check it, analytically but on the other hand some system may not sound the same as the real instruments but it gets you heart pumping and dancing mood going. This system might be what you want also. Better if you can get a system that can be analytically correct and yet get your mood going.

Offline bobmy12003

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4368 on: Aug 14, 2006 at 09:41 PM »
AMX PSE KT88/6550

I have been listening to this amplifier for a week now. It is KT88 run in triode parallel SE and was design and built by Mr. Andrew Sevilla from AMX Tubeaudio.
It is cheap but the built is nice and a whooping 31kg in weight.(I wont tell the cost of the amp here, anybody interested can contact Mr. Andrew)
In stock form the AMX sound very nice, the clarity, imaging and big sound stage. Compare to my push pull KT88 the AMX is better in bass. Driving a Fostex FE206E blh the bass from the AMX goes very low and solid unlike my push pull that a bit woolly.I run the AMX using EH5U4GB,Chinese 6SN7 and  Chinese KT88. I will let the AMX amp run for a few weeks with this tubes and maybe started a tube rolling after that. I will try any pentode or tetrode in it, EL34, 6550, KT88 and KT90. I really looking forward to try EL34 in this amp because from what I heard EL34 is better compare to 6550/KT88 in single ended.
What I like most about this amp is when listening to low volume level, it didnt lose it it sparkle and the bass note is still can be feel and heard.
It is indeed a very nice amp for the price, and with a few better components and better tubes no doubt it will be at its best. 
I'll listen to this amp in stock form for a few months and maybe a little component upgrade later. Maybe a better coupling caps and better resistor in signal line will improve the sound. For now I just want to enjoy the music.
To Mr. Andrew, any suggestion for the upgrade?

Regards

Bob

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4369 on: Aug 15, 2006 at 09:45 PM »
Hello Bob,

I am glad you liked the amp. My suggested upgrade with the most effect, worth all the money: use 6sn7 RCA, next sylvania will be a good choice too, or GE if you can find. For power tubes 6550 tungsol sounds great, the actual tube I used when we tested the amp in the lab. For electrolytic caps of course you can upgrade from atomlytic and JJ to ELNA cerafine or Black gates. For resistors carbon comp AB sounds great but at the expense of higher noise level.

Enjoy your music!

Andrew
driven by a passion for music

Offline bobmy12003

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4370 on: Aug 15, 2006 at 10:25 PM »
Hi Andrew

Thanks for the post
I'll try with the 6SN7 Sylvania and RCA, 6550 Tung Sol, I also have a quad of Svet 6550C and Svet KT88
I'll try with all those.
How about the coupling caps?..Any suggestion?.

By the way the amp is getting better, and I noticed too that it is at its best after 30-40 mins of running

Regards

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4371 on: Aug 16, 2006 at 10:15 PM »
Auricap is popular but very expensive. I have tried it but it seems that the change is minimal, meaning not drastic. But it made a difference.

Offline iamlet

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4372 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 02:20 PM »
what amx tube amp ang babagay sa wharfedale diamond 9.1?

sorry if i missed it reading through the entire thread.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4373 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 10:53 PM »
what amx tube amp ang babagay sa wharfedale diamond 9.1?

sorry if i missed it reading through the entire thread.

I am not quite familiar with the complete specs of your spkr. Would you know the sensitivity?It means dB SPL at 1 watt at 1 meter. In plain language it is how loud the speaker will sound with 1 watt input when you are standing a meter away. To give you a run through, our smallest push pull amp is 12 to 15 watts rMS per channel, the next is VIvace at 25 watts rms per channel, followed by Forte at 60 watts rms per channel. The lower the sensitivity of your loudspeaker the higher should be the power output of the amplifier, unless you listen at very low levels and listen to it in fairly small rooms. The type of music will also matter, solos and small groups will sound more intimate in small low powered SE amps, while big bands will demand higher power. I do not know what type music you usually listen to, but this will be a fai guide to follow. We also have a 300B SE 12 watts max, and an 807 SE 12-15 watts per channel. If you want separates we have a 50 watts per channel el34 amp, and a line preamo to go with it. You may audition this amps at Phasetron, Makati. If your loudspeaker is not too heavy, bring them over and audition it with the amps of you choice. Bring your fav CD or records.Do not forget to ask for discount when uou pay cash! Very important.

Offline vwbeetle

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: AMX Integrated Tube Amp
« Reply #4374 on: Sep 11, 2006 at 11:29 AM »
A couple of times though, I ve built tube headphone amps.

hello. tried a search but thats the only post i found about HP amps.

do you sell tube HP amps at your store? or ar they order basis? if so, how much please?
thanks.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
Re: AMX Integrated Tube Amp
« Reply #4375 on: Sep 13, 2006 at 09:57 PM »
hello. tried a search but thats the only post i found about HP amps.

do you sell tube HP amps at your store? or ar they order basis? if so, how much please?
thanks.

Yes we do sell tube headphone amps.At the moment it is on order basis . Tube compliments are 6BM8 Nos Japanese, 2 pcs. and SS rectified normally but also available tube rectified. Three line inputs. Price is P8,000.00 only for SS rectified and 9,500.00 for tube rectified.  It has Class A single ended, transformer coupled topology.

Offline vwbeetle

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4376 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 04:08 PM »
thanks for the reply. went to your shop the other day and was told it indeed is order basis. am very interested, but wish i could audition a sample. do you have a sample i can listen to?

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4377 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 08:08 PM »
thanks for the reply. went to your shop the other day and was told it indeed is order basis. am very interested, but wish i could audition a sample. do you have a sample i can listen to?

If you are that interested, then we will build one so you can listen. We will let you know when it is up, i am sure you will like it.

Offline sentinel808

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4378 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 01:22 PM »
AMX Forte KT90

I purchased this amp a couple of weeks ago from Phasetron. Your staff was very helpful and answered alot of my questions during the numerous times i visited your shop. From the beginning the AMX Forte was the int. Amp I wanted. I had a chance to talk to you, but i never got the chance to introduce myself. I was the one inquiring if the Forte could run my Magnepan Mg12 at 4ohms. You asked me about the sensitivity since I was so concerned that the MG12 needed at minimum 100watts/channel. You assured me as long that the speaker sensitivity was 85db and above the Forte could power it easily. Mr. Sevilla you know your equipment well, you were right.

I now enjoy countless hours listening to my music collection all over again as my system made me hear things I never noticed before. I used to use a solid state amp with my MG12 before and it never sounded as good as the AMX Forte. As for the next step, please guide me  in the future when its time for to upgrade or modify the AMX Forte. I'm sure it has alot of potential.

For my next purchase I am interested in investing in a AMX Tube Buffer Stage for my CD player. Would this complement my AMX Forte, or should I just go with an outboard D/A converter, or leave it the way it is. What AMX Tube Buffer Stage design would you prefer for the AMX Forte? Pls. PM me the details.

One day I could finally shake the hand of the man who designed my AMX Forte KT90, your personnel told me your usually at the Glorietta shop before closing hours. Thankyou for your countless designs and innovations, more power, watts, rms, sales to Phasetron.  :)

Best Regards,

Jojo

BTW the salesperson told me that this was the only Amx Forte KT90 sold by Phasetron, is it a one off? :D

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4379 on: Sep 18, 2006 at 08:55 PM »
Thank you for the purchase and I am just as glad that you are enjoying the amp. The AMX forte comes in different version, KT90 which you got and 6550 version. The 6550 was bought by a foreigner who brought the amp overseas. They have practically the same circuit but the KT90 is tops. They share the same chassis and design. No its not a one off, where making a couple of them again, one 6550 and another KT90. Enjoy the music and again thank you very much for the support and encouragement. :D