Author Topic: AMX Tube Products  (Read 680489 times)

Offline ccc

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AMX Tube Products
« Reply #4380 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 01:53 PM »
If you are that interested, then we will build one so you can listen. We will let you know when it is up, i am sure you will like it.

I would be interested to audition it as well.  Kindly let me know when its done.

Offline AMXTube

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4381 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 05:39 PM »

I would be interested to audition it as well.  Kindly let me know when its done.

Thanks for your interest. Production is starting next week and will be available mid october.
driven by a passion for music

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #4382 on: Sep 22, 2006 at 11:21 AM »
Likewise Sir Andrew, when would you have an available 6v6 PP based integrated amp in your store? ;)

Offline shogunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4383 on: Oct 07, 2006 at 01:55 AM »
Kindly recommend AMX tube for fostex FE167e custom speaker (preferred laidback sounding).thanks

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4384 on: Oct 07, 2006 at 09:45 PM »
FE167 is quite sensitive, particularly when its horn loaded. AMX has a very good sounding SEEL34, 6 watts per channel in triode, and 10 watts in Ultratriode connection. Or you may audition our 807SE amp. If you intend to listen more in the foreground/background way then I can recommend the EL84 SE, like what I use at home, it has 4 watts per channel in Ultra Triode Connection and drives a 5 inch Foster (makers of Fostex, i was told) full range mounted in a tapered quarter wave tube horn. Lots of bass for 4 watts and very warm sound. I can listen to it all day long. Great with clasical and jazz vocals. Arias sound great too.

Offline shogunn

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4385 on: Oct 08, 2006 at 01:39 AM »
FE167 is quite sensitive, particularly when its horn loaded. AMX has a very good sounding SEEL34, 6 watts per channel in triode, and 10 watts in Ultratriode connection. Or you may audition our 807SE amp. If you intend to listen more in the foreground/background way then I can recommend the EL84 SE, like what I use at home, it has 4 watts per channel in Ultra Triode Connection and drives a 5 inch Foster (makers of Fostex, i was told) full range mounted in a tapered quarter wave tube horn. Lots of bass for 4 watts and very warm sound. I can listen to it all day long. Great with clasical and jazz vocals. Arias sound great too.

Thank you so much for your time & effort answering my concern.Sir, kindly PM me for the price each tube you mentioned.Thank you again

SE el34/6watts
807SE
EL84 SE/4watts

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4386 on: Oct 21, 2006 at 07:32 AM »
Shogun
I sent you a PM thanks

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4387 on: Oct 21, 2006 at 07:42 AM »
The New AMX preamp  with remote volume control is in production now and will be out soon. Three models will be available,one  passive line stage, an active preamp with built in MM phono stage and  an active line stage only version. PM me for the price and details. I remember someone has been waiting for this .

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4388 on: Oct 22, 2006 at 05:18 PM »
The New AMX preamp  with remote volume control is in production now and will be out soon. Three models will be available,one  passive line stage, an active preamp with built in MM phono stage and  an active line stage only version. PM me for the price and details. I remember someone has been waiting for this .

it keeps getting better and better  :)

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4389 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 02:31 PM »
Congrats sa new products ng AMX!!

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4390 on: Oct 25, 2006 at 02:44 PM »
Details on the passive linestage? please.

Is this based on TVC?

Thank you.

Offline gobledgeek

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4391 on: Oct 26, 2006 at 10:14 PM »
i did pm..please send me the details thru pm.
tnx

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4392 on: Oct 27, 2006 at 01:46 AM »
Details on the passive linestage? please.

Is this based on TVC?

Thank you.
What is TVC? Pls. fill me in>

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4393 on: Oct 27, 2006 at 09:58 AM »
What is TVC? Pls. fill me in>

TVC: Transformer Volume Control. Instead of relying on resistive potentiometers, this type uses a transformer to attenuate the signal. A potentiometer, even a fancy stepped one, will attenuate the signal by turning most of it into heat and passing on the rest. A transformer on the other hand will not waste any energy, except for some minor losses. The voltage will be lowered, but it will be traded for current. Basically, this means that the impedance match between source and power amp will be improved, instead of worsened, as long as you attenuate the signal. And in almost all cases the signal will be attenuated, making this a solution that has some serious theoretical advantages over the classic resistive passive preamp.

Offline new tube

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4394 on: Oct 27, 2006 at 10:18 PM »
Hi I'm new here. Am now the proud owner of the first amx el34pp amp 50-watt with tone control cooly coined as the Acoustica Forte model courtesy of the man himself, Mr Andrew S.

I used to have an el34 35 watts about 6 mos ago but somehow something was lacking cos it was driving Dynaudio speakers with low sensitivity. Mr Andrew suggested I try out his new model the next day and asked me to bring my bookshelf speakers.

To make the long story short, the Dynes are now singing and this brings me to higher level of musical experience! (Watch out! Symptoms of upgraditis on the onset!)

Am sure many audiophile purists will scoff at a tube amp with tone controls. ;) Be that as it may to each his own! What matters is the music! Thanks to the man!

By the way, Mr Andrew what will be a suggested upgrade for this unit? (Eto na nga...upgraditis!)

Happy to be "hear!"

new tube

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4395 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 08:39 PM »
TVC: Transformer Volume Control. Instead of relying on resistive potentiometers, this type uses a transformer to attenuate the signal. A potentiometer, even a fancy stepped one, will attenuate the signal by turning most of it into heat and passing on the rest. A transformer on the other hand will not waste any energy, except for some minor losses. The voltage will be lowered, but it will be traded for current. Basically, this means that the impedance match between source and power amp will be improved, instead of worsened, as long as you attenuate the signal. And in almost all cases the signal will be attenuated, making this a solution that has some serious theoretical advantages over the classic resistive passive preamp.

Oh thanks for info. In tech parlance we call it "inductive attenuator".Be that as it may, the remote volume control is motorized resistive alps not TVC. A motor is attached to the alsp v.c. and motor is controlled via infrared. To do this with TVC will take 24 relays clicking in and out, or a really big stepper motor, but the 24-36 relays will be workable, that means I will need a 24-36 channel IR encoder or maybe a sequencer controlled by the toggle. This is major project, but doable,if time permits.

Offline ianmorales

• Collector
  • Virus stricken!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4396 on: Oct 28, 2006 at 10:17 PM »
Hi I'm new here. Am now the proud owner of the first amx el34pp amp 50-watt with tone control cooly coined as the Acoustica Forte model courtesy of the man himself, Mr Andrew S.

I used to have an el34 35 watts about 6 mos ago but somehow something was lacking cos it was driving Dynaudio speakers with low sensitivity. Mr Andrew suggested I try out his new model the next day and asked me to bring my bookshelf speakers.

To make the long story short, the Dynes are now singing and this brings me to higher level of musical experience! (Watch out! Symptoms of upgraditis on the onset!)

Am sure many audiophile purists will scoff at a tube amp with tone controls. ;) Be that as it may to each his own! What matters is the music! Thanks to the man!

By the way, Mr Andrew what will be a suggested upgrade for this unit? (Eto na nga...upgraditis!)

Happy to be "hear!"

new tube

Bro, Enjoy on your new toy!

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4397 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 09:28 AM »
Oh thanks for info. In tech parlance we call it "inductive attenuator".Be that as it may, the remote volume control is motorized resistive alps not TVC.

Hi Andrew,

Just to make sure , this is what i was referring to:

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/django_e.html
http://www.promitheusaudio.com/tvc.htm
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/musicfirst2/tap.html

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4398 on: Oct 30, 2006 at 11:41 PM »

Bro, Enjoy on your new toy!
good for "itis" virgin coconut oil. kidding aside, oil caps from jensen will be a great upgrade, serious upgrade!

Offline new tube

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4399 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 10:16 PM »
Tried VCO, but the itch is still there!  ;D Just curious though. What will these jensen oil caps do? Make the amp sound warmer, lusher, louder, etc??? What would be est cost?

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4400 on: Nov 03, 2006 at 10:18 AM »
Tried VCO, but the itch is still there!  ;D Just curious though. What will these jensen oil caps do? Make the amp sound warmer, lusher, louder, etc??? What would be est cost?
Adavtage numero uno, astig and amp mo, you can brag about it, and next yes warmer, and richer in harmonics sound, is the claim of those who upgrade to oil caps.
 I think the upgrade for you amp will need 8pcs of .22 uf copper foil in oil signal caps, and 2pcs. 50uf/515v oil type power supply filter cap. Prepare to invest around 10-12K if you are that serious. NOS El34, Mullard or better yet Philips orig will be another way to upgrade some more and you will have to invest say an additional of 20k for the NOS tubes. But frankly with this amount maybe the better way is to upgrade to higher model loudspeaker system first, where bang for buck you will realize a better sound and louder too if you desire to experience more live sound decibels.

Offline Alcohol Jan

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4401 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 01:09 PM »
excuse me but what are the amx tube choices for  dynaudio speakers? The one i am eyeing is ar 86db

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4402 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 09:55 PM »
excuse me but what are the amx tube choices for  dynaudio speakers? The one i am eyeing is ar 86db
Dynaudio speakers are kinda hard to drive. I suggest the Forte KT88 which is rated at 75 watts rms per channel.

Offline new tube

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4403 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 11:17 PM »
Mr Andrew: Thanks for the advise re speaker upgrade. For sure I'll also take your advise re oil caps in the near future. Itch-itch, scratch-scratch!  ;) As regards the bookshelf Dynes that I've been using so far the 50watt push-pull amp has been adequate enough.

By the way, can we expect to see some AMX amps in the upcoming audio show at Mandarin this weekend?

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4404 on: Nov 10, 2006 at 05:22 PM »
Mr Andrew: Thanks for the advise re speaker upgrade. For sure I'll also take your advise re oil caps in the near future. Itch-itch, scratch-scratch!  ;) As regards the bookshelf Dynes that I've been using so far the 50watt push-pull amp has been adequate enough.

By the way, can we expect to see some AMX amps in the upcoming audio show at Mandarin this weekend?

Much regret but I will not be at the exhibit this year. There is a conflict in my schedule due to a previous speaking engagement  out of town. I am very sorry that I will not be exhibiting. However all the new models may be auditioned at the shop starting today, and more models will be added by Monday. Again I will miss the show and the friends. Allow me to thank all those who supported AMX and are still supporting today. Thanks a lot guys! You keep me going.

ANDREW

Offline watson's box

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4405 on: Nov 22, 2006 at 09:29 PM »
hi, im just new in this tube amp thing and i was wondering if make tube headphone amps that can also act as pre amps? maybe just a small one and an entry level perhaps. saw some expensive ones online, i doubt if they sell it here and im quite on a budget..i dont really know anything about tubes except that im sure it will improve my audio listening experience. thanks a bunch!

Offline eXg

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Deserve the Best!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4406 on: Nov 24, 2006 at 03:05 AM »
hi, im just new in this tube amp thing and i was wondering if make tube headphone amps that can also act as pre amps? maybe just a small one and an entry level perhaps. saw some expensive ones online, i doubt if they sell it here and im quite on a budget..i dont really know anything about tubes except that im sure it will improve my audio listening experience. thanks a bunch!

good idea.  preferrably OTL's -- if that is something doable.

Offline macmac09

• Collector
  • newbie forever
  • Liked:
« Reply #4407 on: Nov 28, 2006 at 07:10 PM »
what integrated amp can you recommend for my monitor audio rs1? source ko po is turtable. pls pm me na lang pati price. tnx

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4408 on: Nov 29, 2006 at 08:42 AM »
i suggest since the RS1 are small monitors, bring them over to their shop so you could personally audition their amps and choose the one which will suit your taste, just my 2-cents, thanks! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4409 on: Jan 12, 2007 at 10:14 PM »
went to the Phasetron shop and there was none of the new units left for me to compared it with a 300B. What could be the reason why the new PP units were selling like hotcakes? THe price and sound? Does this mean the PP outperform the 300B? Any comments out there? What's your comment Mr. Genius Andrew?