Author Topic: AMX Tube Products  (Read 679989 times)

Offline deng8

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AMX Tube Products
« Reply #4590 on: May 28, 2008 at 10:41 PM »
just got my KT88 SIngle ended tube amp at Kinetic audio the other day

i never expected that i would actually be getting an amplifier that same day.  ive auditioned and auditioned and visited a lot of stores and those AMX tube amps performed more than i expected! And way better than the more expensive ones!

Good Price, friendly and knowledgeable sales People (and when i say this with an emphasis on real assistance, they never get tired of waiting - and pretty honest on what they say!).

Definitely, you get your hard-earned money's worth!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
( And yes, you can swipe the amps with your credit cards   )

Hats Off to your AMX amps Andrew! Thanks to you and RJ
Will definitely get another tube amp in the near future

Sir Andrew, can you please pm the price and complete specification of this model amplifier including the type of vacuum tube used and its function. Medyo newbie po kasi ako sa tube gear.

TIA,
jun

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #4591 on: May 29, 2008 at 07:04 AM »
ako din sir pa pm price and specs.

thanks!
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline mike288

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4592 on: May 31, 2008 at 02:21 AM »
heist just bought a pair of focal chorus floorstanders!!!!  ;D

one word sir andrew SWEEEEEETNEEESSS!  ;D ;D

thanks for pat coil sir!

Offline Heist

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4593 on: Jun 01, 2008 at 01:53 AM »
really sweet!!! warmth of tubes + euro floorstanders = great sound  ;D just the perfect sound i was looking for thanks again  ;D ;)

Offline A.Chua

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4594 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:30 PM »
Hi,
What's the difference between a tube buffer and tube pre-amp?

Offline AMXTube

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4595 on: Jun 08, 2008 at 03:31 PM »
Hi,
What's the difference between a tube buffer and tube pre-amp?

Generically the same, but function wise different. A buffer only practically speaking isolates a source say a cd player from the amplifier. Thes is usually done by presenting a high impedance to the source, and presenting a low impedance to the following stage which could be  a pre-amp or an integrated amplifier. Usually the gain is unity or less than unity. It somehow preserves the source impedance by means of not loading it. The Pre-amp in most common terms has a function of increasing the gain of the source like a CD player to level enough to drive the power amplifier which has higher drive requirement than the source like a CD player can deliver. Pre amps usually have a buffering effect already built in by design. It usually has a high input impedance ( 500,000 ohms), thereby preserving the CD players source impedance, increases gain from anywhere between 10 to 27db, and driving the load with a low impedance sometimes as low as 100 ohms.I hope my explanation satisfies your query. Glad to be of help then.
driven by a passion for music

Offline omeldoc

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4596 on: Jun 08, 2008 at 09:10 PM »
good day sir, would like to ask a newbie question. if i have a cd player, an AVR(marantz), and wharfedale diamond 9.2 (power handling 20-100W, impedance= 6 ohms, sensitivity 86db, freq range=45-24khz), and would like to have a taste of the tube sound without changing much of my gears, what's my best bet?
a tube buffer? a pre-amp? or integrated amp na lang, using the analog outs of my cd player (keeping the digital out going to the marantz), the lipat-lipat na lang ng speaker connection?
your suggestions, recommended gear (and price of course) would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Offline sanabagan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4597 on: Jun 08, 2008 at 10:13 PM »
forgot to add, tube power amp? bale pre-amp na ang marantz. thanks again

Offline bz

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4598 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 04:00 PM »
good day sir, would like to ask a newbie question. if i have a cd player, an AVR(marantz), and wharfedale diamond 9.2 (power handling 20-100W, impedance= 6 ohms, sensitivity 86db, freq range=45-24khz), and would like to have a taste of the tube sound without changing much of my gears, what's my best bet?
a tube buffer? a pre-amp? or integrated amp na lang, using the analog outs of my cd player (keeping the digital out going to the marantz), the lipat-lipat na lang ng speaker connection?
your suggestions, recommended gear (and price of course) would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Suggest ko after getting some answers, bring your cdplayer,favorite cds,  speakers and wires to Robinsons and spent your time there by switching from one to another amp available for sale there. Nakapagpili ka na nag enjoy ka pa.
Another thing, we can also listen to your set up and enjoy it with you.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4599 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 09:13 PM »
I assume that what you want is to experience tube sound for music. Tube HT is also excellent even only 2.1. It is less distracting IMHO. Connecting the analog output of a CD player to a tube preamp and connecting it back to your Marantz  amp will be the most economical way and without the hustles of having to switch speaker from one amp to another. The contribution of the preamp is substantial but to some not enough. Ideally I would go for integrated tube amplifier. But I see that your loudspeaker system is only 86dB so you will need about 50 watts per channel at least.

Offline omeldoc

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4600 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 05:22 AM »
I assume that what you want is to experience tube sound for music. Tube HT is also excellent even only 2.1. It is less distracting IMHO. Connecting the analog output of a CD player to a tube preamp and connecting it back to your Marantz  amp will be the most economical way and without the hustles of having to switch speaker from one amp to another. The contribution of the preamp is substantial but to some not enough. Ideally I would go for integrated tube amplifier. But I see that your loudspeaker system is only 86dB so you will need about 50 watts per channel at least.

can you PM me for your available pre-amps and their prices? i'm too afraid to ask about the 50 watt integrated  :-[ thanks sir.

sir bz...sure!

Offline highwayman

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4601 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 07:44 PM »
sir what would be the sonic difference between a tube rectified amp and a SS rectified tube amp?

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #4602 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 08:00 PM »
just got my KT88 SIngle ended tube amp at Kinetic audio the other day

i never expected that i would actually be getting an amplifier that same day.  ive auditioned and auditioned and visited a lot of stores and those AMX tube amps performed more than i expected! And way better than the more expensive ones!

Good Price, friendly and knowledgeable sales People (and when i say this with an emphasis on real assistance, they never get tired of waiting - and pretty honest on what they say!).

Definitely, you get your hard-earned money's worth!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
( And yes, you can swipe the amps with your credit cards  ;D )

Hats Off to your AMX amps Andrew! Thanks to you and RJ
Will definitely get another tube amp in the near future

Congrats sir! How much is this amp? What are the specs? power ratings? What speaker do you pair with this? Do they offer 0 interest for credit card purchase?
ahhh...upgrade itch.. :-\
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2008 at 08:06 PM by cire2008 »
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4603 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 08:50 PM »
For price and specs: email me please: [email protected], be glad to help.

Offline masterjericho

• Collector
  • kung gusto, me paraan. kung ayaw, me dahilan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4604 on: Jun 17, 2008 at 06:39 PM »
hi sir,

sorry for the newbie question...

for example, one of the tube get busted, or err both of them get busted... hehe

is it ok if or can i replace them with a different kind of tube? (ex. like kt88 and etc)

will the design of the amp depends on the tube u will use ( well i think, definitely  ;) )

thanks.
yam440
wharf 8' & 9'
velo cht12r
amxtube pre amp
bada pwr amp

Offline STRIKER

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4605 on: Jun 18, 2008 at 08:27 PM »
Sir AMX sent you an e-mail

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4606 on: Jun 20, 2008 at 07:16 AM »
hi sir,

sorry for the newbie question...

for example, one of the tube get busted, or err both of them get busted... hehe

is it ok if or can i replace them with a different kind of tube? (ex. like kt88 and etc)

will the design of the amp depends on the tube u will use ( well i think, definitely  ;) )

I am sorry, but one cannot replace an El84 with a Kt88 without changing a lot of things. El84 is a miniature 9 pin tube, and a Kt88 is an octal/8pin tube. You will need to change the sockets, thus rewire the amplifier. Secondly, the KT88 has a higher power rating than an EL84, therefore the output transformer and the power transformer will likewise be changed, and they will be physically larger in dimensions, so you will need a bigger chassis. It is practically building a new one. I hope I have clearly explained it. Thank you for your question striker!

thanks.

Offline omeldoc

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4607 on: Jun 20, 2008 at 08:52 AM »
good day sir. PM'd and e-mailed you regarding quotations. to date i have not received any. thanks po.

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #4608 on: Jun 20, 2008 at 09:05 AM »
sent e-mail aswell!  ;D

thanks!
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4609 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 10:21 AM »
Good day! May I ask for the new landline number of Kinetic at Robinson's? Thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline dana

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #4610 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 01:49 PM »
Good day! May I ask for the new landline number of Kinetic at Robinson's? Thanks!

try this:
710-3432 :)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4611 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 04:17 PM »
thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline omeldoc

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4612 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 05:52 AM »
For price and specs: email me please: [email protected], be glad to help.

???

Offline jaklord

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4613 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 07:25 AM »
please pm prices of amx tube amp. thanks!

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4614 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 09:47 PM »
Sorry, prices are currently under review. The only price we can quote you are the ones on stock in our store, If I remember right we have the following on stock:

Forte 6550/ 60 watts per channel
Forte EL34/50 watts per channel
Integra EL34/ 35 watts per channel
Minima EL34 Push Pull Class A/ 25 watts per channel
Sonatina EL84 Push Pull 15 watts per channel
ARIA 6L6GC/EL34 SE 10 watts per channel

In order to give the lowest and most accurate price, we now refrain from giving a quote unless the product is manufactured and on stock. Prices of materials are quite volatile these days, with prices of steel plates and copper magnet wires changing on a daily basis so we are always on the look out for best prices we can get from our suppliers. For this reason we refuse to issue price list, so we will not be compromised with too high a price or loosing prices. For prices of the above listed equipment please call 7103432 or 6874805. A cash discount is given to pinoy dvd members as usual. We beg your understanding on the matter that we cannot issue today any price list for your perusal.

Offline geko

• Collector
  • buti na lang wala akong pera...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4615 on: Jul 11, 2008 at 06:47 PM »
hello, andrew.  where can i bring my PP 6v6 for much needed TLC?  thanks.  :) 
just an ordinary music enthusiast.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4616 on: Jul 14, 2008 at 09:26 PM »
hello, andrew.  where can i bring my PP 6v6 for much needed TLC?  thanks.  :) 
Hello, long time since I heard from you. You can bring your 6V6 to my shop, Kinetic Audio, 2nd floor forum Robinsons Mall EDSA corner Pioneer Mandaluyong. Its open till 9pm, Edwin is there daily except Thursday. Land line is 7103432.

Offline geko

• Collector
  • buti na lang wala akong pera...
  • Liked:
« Reply #4617 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 12:24 AM »
Hello, long time since I heard from you. You can bring your 6V6 to my shop, Kinetic Audio, 2nd floor forum Robinsons Mall EDSA corner Pioneer Mandaluyong. Its open till 9pm, Edwin is there daily except Thursday. Land line is 7103432.

hi, andrew!  yup.  it's been awhile.  i just got back to visiting the forum after the revamp.  i'm glad to see old names still active.

sigue, will drop by your shop in robinson in the very near future.  most likely on a weekend.   :)
just an ordinary music enthusiast.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4618 on: Jul 23, 2008 at 08:56 PM »
sir regarding your allegro 60 watts el34, how many el34 tubes per channel is being utilized?  kasi ive asked someone na if you use only 2 power tubes per channel, baka daw  1 year pa lang pundido na ang tubes? is it true? wat determines the amount of watts ba in an amp?

tnx sir
Hindi naman ganoon 1 year out na. That is an uninformed opinion. EL34 can take the full dissipation and play for 5,000 hours according to manufacturers. Check your tube manual and you will not have to guess. 60 watts is normal for El34 in 20%-30% UL connected with 480 volts HT and -37v grid bias, with 3.5k plate-plate impedance (EICO HF60 Mono Block). Now with about 430v HT and -48v grid bias 40% ul tap at 4.5 to 6k plate to plate impedance then the output will be around 30-35 watts (ST70). If you connect the Tubes in pentode mode and have a 750V HT and about 400v screen voltage and -35volts grid bias with plate-to-plate load impedance then you can get a power output of 100 watts! This is according to Philips tube manual or Telefunken or Mullard. I believe the new issues are very similar. Output is determined by the tubes operating points. In class A single ended you are using up the tube to the max but your output is only 10 watts. At 60 watts of allegro the current is set only at 45ma to 60ma per tube as against a single ended EL34 that operates at 90ma, which is double, yet with only 10 watts output. I hope i was of help. Thank you for your question. Next question please.

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4619 on: Jul 24, 2008 at 06:08 AM »
Hindi naman ganoon 1 year out na. That is an uninformed opinion. EL34 can take the full dissipation and play for 5,000 hours according to manufacturers. Check your tube manual and you will not have to guess. 60 watts is normal for El34 in 20%-30% UL connected with 480 volts HT and -37v grid bias, with 3.5k plate-plate impedance (EICO HF60 Mono Block). Now with about 430v HT and -48v grid bias 40% ul tap at 4.5 to 6k plate to plate impedance then the output will be around 30-35 watts (ST70). If you connect the Tubes in pentode mode and have a 750V HT and about 400v screen voltage and -35volts grid bias with plate-to-plate load impedance then you can get a power output of 100 watts! This is according to Philips tube manual or Telefunken or Mullard. I believe the new issues are very similar. Output is determined by the tubes operating points. In class A single ended you are using up the tube to the max but your output is only 10 watts. At 60 watts of allegro the current is set only at 45ma to 60ma per tube as against a single ended EL34 that operates at 90ma, which is double, yet with only 10 watts output. I hope i was of help. Thank you for your question. Next question please.

Any news on the EL156 SET?  ;D