Author Topic: AMX Tube Products  (Read 679631 times)

Offline AMXTube

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AMX Tube Products
« Reply #4770 on: Dec 12, 2008 at 06:08 AM »
congrats on your new website!

*pls correct sonatina el84 info
SONATINA EL84

Power Output:
12 watts RMS per channel

Configuration:
Single Ended Ultra Linear Triode

Tube Compliments:
2pcs 300B, 2pcs 12AX7,
1pc 6SN7, 1pc 5AR

Thanks Oweidah for pointing to us the error, baka na pagod na ang website developer, I am sure he will make the corrections, he is not done with it yet. More improvements to come pa. Thanks again
driven by a passion for music

Offline vwbeetle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4771 on: Dec 12, 2008 at 06:09 PM »
@AMX- hi, i was wondering if its possible to have my el34 int. amp. modified by adding more line inputs? thanks

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #4772 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 03:55 PM »
@AMX- hi, i was wondering if its possible to have my el34 int. amp. modified by adding more line inputs? thanks

I'm sure they can do it! I saw one of their modified old models.
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline sgxp

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4773 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 05:57 PM »
Got an AMX phono preamp.  From a certain point in my room, w/c unfortunately is the ergonomically best location for my components, it is capturing broadcast from a particular radio station.  Is there a problem with the preamp?  What can I do to minimize this?
gumby>h80>mod. ip360 / yggy>joti>mod. hd650

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4774 on: Dec 16, 2008 at 10:21 PM »
Got an AMX phono preamp.  From a certain point in my room, w/c unfortunately is the ergonomically best location for my components, it is capturing broadcast from a particular radio station.  Is there a problem with the preamp?  What can I do to minimize this?
Please check out your Turntables interconnect cables,  get dual shielded types. The ones with aluminum foil shield (RF Shield) and copper braid( Low Freq EMI). Use also a good power line filter that has true earth grounding. Sometimes using Ac Isolation transformers will remove the RFI. Sometimes not using the Ac Outlet ground will remove  RFI as experienced by another customer who lives in high rise condo. what happened was the Ac ground of the outlet served as an antenna. Another trick is to install a ferrite ring on your interconnect and AC power cord. Sometimes the RF1 comes in through the tone arm wirings. If your location is very near the radio station tower, then you need to use Balanced CMRR (Common Mode Rejection) phono preamps, just like the preamps in a Radio Station.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4775 on: Dec 18, 2008 at 10:22 PM »
Allow me to thank you all my customers and supporters for patronizing AMX tube audio products and services. We appreciate your business and we will continue to strive to give better products and services that will make the pinoy truly proud. I would like also to thank this forum PINOYDVD and all its administrators a heartfelt thanks for your support to us. From me and all my staff at KINETIC AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES we wish you all A BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! May God bless you all and keep you all the days of your lives!! MERRY CHRISTMAS :D
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2008 at 10:24 PM by AMXTube »

Offline docsialu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • with no power, comes no responsibility
  • Liked:
« Reply #4776 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 02:08 PM »
Allow me to thank you all my customers and supporters for patronizing AMX tube audio products and services. We appreciate your business and we will continue to strive to give better products and services that will make the pinoy truly proud. I would like also to thank this forum PINOYDVD and all its administrators a heartfelt thanks for your support to us. From me and all my staff at KINETIC AUDIO TECHNOLOGIES we wish you all A BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! May God bless you all and keep you all the days of your lives!! MERRY CHRISTMAS :D

Thank you amx, for providing the Filipino audio consumers with an alternative to the overpriced tube products in the markets.  Your products are top notch and you provide excellent after sales service.

All the best for you next year and continue to surprise us with your great creations.

Docsialu

Offline Mr.H

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4777 on: Dec 24, 2008 at 12:42 PM »

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!
PMC / SVS PB-12 / Paradigm / Rotel RSX / Vincent CDT/Castle Power LC /Mr.H PowerCords / Emotiva XP-5

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4778 on: Dec 25, 2008 at 05:57 PM »
Thank you amx, for providing the Filipino audio consumers with an alternative to the overpriced tube products in the markets.  Your products are top notch and you provide excellent after sales service.

All the best for you next year and continue to surprise us with your great creations.

Docsialu
Thank you for your confidence doc! A very prosperous new year to you and your loved ones!

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4779 on: Dec 25, 2008 at 06:00 PM »
Thank you for your greetings and best wishes, Mr H! A very prosperous new year to you and your loved ones. :)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #4780 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 10:46 AM »
Happy New Year sir Andrew!!!

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4781 on: Jan 07, 2009 at 09:35 PM »
Happy new year din po!

Offline watson's box

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4782 on: Jan 08, 2009 at 06:37 PM »
hi, im a newbie in terms of tube amps but i would want to eventually have a tube setup in my place since i know that they sound really nice from the auditions i had before. What amp can you recomend?  :)

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4783 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 10:01 AM »
Hi sir. Please pm me the prices and pics of your tube amps. budget is P12k to P20k. please include pics, cash price and cc prices. sir oweidah recommended you just now.

speakers im using : altec lansing 619-8a
power amp im using : altec lansing 1269

classical music lang palagi ang listen kow.

thanks!

Offline docsialu

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4784 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 03:46 PM »
Sir ivann,

You have a very sensitive pair of drivers, I think that has a sensitivity of about 100db/1w/1m.  You are very lucky to have them and i suggest you go ahead with single ended triodes.  Not everyone can opt for set because of sensitivity issues.  Go for 2a3 or 300b.

Btw can you please post pictures of your altec speakers. It is suppose to be a duplex speaker? Is yours in an open baffle configuration? Congrats on your speakers, altecs are very nice and sought after.  Are they vintage alnicos?

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4785 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 04:00 PM »
hi sir docsialu

these are not the actual pics. i havent taken a photo of it pa. i had a custom case made for it since i got it ng walang speaker casing. its big talaga..

actually im not really well versed to the speakers that we have. my dad was the one that bought it before together with altec power amp.

configuration ko right now:

CD Player ----> Altec 1269 power amp -----> altec 619-8a speakers.

yup duplex speaker siya sir.

gusto ko sana mapaganda ang audio setup namin na ito. yung for HT ko kasi ibang setup na naka all yamaha.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #4786 on: Jan 11, 2009 at 09:15 PM »
hi sir docsialu

these are not the actual pics. i havent taken a photo of it pa. i had a custom case made for it since i got it ng walang speaker casing. its big talaga..

actually im not really well versed to the speakers that we have. my dad was the one that bought it before together with altec power amp.

configuration ko right now:

CD Player ----> Altec 1269 power amp -----> altec 619-8a speakers.

yup duplex speaker siya sir.

gusto ko sana mapaganda ang audio setup namin na ito. yung for HT ko kasi ibang setup na naka all yamaha.

nice altecs sir ivann

@100db sensitivity gogogo tubes! ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #4787 on: Jan 16, 2009 at 08:19 PM »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4788 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 03:22 PM »
Hi sir. Please pm me the prices and pics of your tube amps. budget is P12k to P20k. please include pics, cash price and cc prices. sir oweidah recommended you just now.

thanks!
Sent you an email. AMX

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4789 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 03:24 PM »

Hi Superman, thanks for the pix. Good shot.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4790 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 03:35 PM »

thanks!
Sir oweidah, thank you very much for recommending me! I appreciate it very much.

Offline sonnysin168

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4791 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 07:37 PM »
Hi! I recently went to Kinetic Audio and had the opportunity to hear one of the tube integrated being used. I developed an interest in owning an integrated tube amp. Can any of you guys recommend the best one for my set-up? I'm currently using a pair of 90's KEF Q90 floorstander (sensitivity is 89db, 8 ohm). The player is a Marantz DV6001 dvd audio/video/sacd unit. Thanks.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #4792 on: Jan 18, 2009 at 08:30 PM »
Sir oweidah, thank you very much for recommending me! I appreciate it very much.

ur welcome sir andrew! i'm also a proud owner of an amx el34 power amp (from sir Han$/henry) :)

Offline camoteque

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4793 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 09:44 PM »
Hi! I recently went to Kinetic Audio and had the opportunity to hear one of the tube integrated being used. I developed an interest in owning an integrated tube amp. Can any of you guys recommend the best one for my set-up? I'm currently using a pair of 90's KEF Q90 floorstander (sensitivity is 89db, 8 ohm). The player is a Marantz DV6001 dvd audio/video/sacd unit. Thanks.

you need a minimum of 16 watts to get the best out of your speakers. ofcourse, depending on how large your room is. just my 2cents :)

larry

Offline docsialu

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4794 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 01:16 AM »
you need a minimum of 16 watts to get the best out of your speakers. ofcourse, depending on how large your room is. just my 2cents :)

larry

Hi sir larry, i still dream of your horn speakers, hehe, ot, i agree with mr camoteque, but i believe if you listen to fast paced music you need more powerful amps, push pull perhaps, and more than 35 watts/channel

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4795 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 01:09 PM »
Thanks for your suggestions/recommendations. I have to add that the room size is approximately 3.00m x 6.00m, I listened mostly to blues, some rock, pop, jazz and sparingly classical (Mozart). Also, if I ever did buy a tube integrated amp, I also plan to use my Mordaunt-Short MS 20i Pearl speakers (sensitivity 89db, 8 ohms) as an alternate. The MS is currently located at our living room (approx. 4.00m x 4.00m).

I read that single-ended amps sound better than push pull but the former have less powerful output. I'm leaning towards a push pull 50w or 75w but the thought that single ended sounds better is giving me second thoughts.

Can you please make additional recommendations? Thanks a lot.

Offline camoteque

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4796 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 05:19 PM »
medyo ot na ito. my suggestion is if you really like se - buy an amx se amp and then complement it with a high sensitivity speaker. otherwise, you may just get frustrated and go and sell either the se amp you will buy or your current low sensitivity speaker if these two are matched. you should decide where you want to go.

low sensitivity speakers require high power.
high sensitivity speakers need only a few watts of amp power.

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4797 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 05:44 PM »
Thanks for your forthright answer Camotheque. Maybe the push pull amp is more suited to me since the two mentioned speakers have sort of attachment to me.

Offline AMXTube

• Collector
  • I am back!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4798 on: Jan 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM »
A note about  sensitivity of loudspeaker systems: All manufacturers give out the sensitivity of their loudspeakers, like for example: 89dB 1 watt 1 meter, which means that if you pump in 1 watt into the loudspeaker the SPL or sound pressure level will be 89dB if you are 1 meter away from it. Without considering room reflections the level will drop by 6dB every time you move away at double the distance, so 2 meters away the sound pressure level (SPL) will be 83dB/ Fine, but the problem is very few would give you the max SPL rating of their loudspeakers before it goes into breakup or its woofers bottom out. Theoretically you need to double your power to get a 3dB SPL increase, and 3db spl increase is not perceived to be twice as loud by the human ear. The sensitivity of our ears is not linear but logarithmic. The other point I would like to make is that loudspeakers have what you call power compression points. So no matter how high you drive the loudspeaker (more power) it fails to play any louder it just goes into burning mode.. So what am I driving at, if you desire or love to play loud music (loud is beautiful, i like to play loud and feel the musical presence at times) make sure that your loudspeaker can really play loud. The watts rating don't tell you. It only tells you how much power it can soak before it becomes a burnt offering. Look for the MAXIMUM SPL RATING. Cheers!

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4799 on: Jan 21, 2009 at 09:40 AM »
Thanks for the very enlightening note. Sana we'll be able to meet personally Sir Andrew. Saka, if I may ask, when do you usually go to Kinetic Audio? I'd like to know more about your products, baka makabili din ako tube integrated. Thanks again
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2009 at 03:42 PM by sonnysin168 »