Author Topic: Measy X5 (RTD 1186) Full 3D HD Player  (Read 90136 times)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: Measy X5 (RTD 1186) Full 3D HD Player
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23, 2012 at 02:36 AM »
I wonder if it truly does support 4k resolutions.

I like the dual-OS feature.

http://www.measy.com.cn/product/showproduct41_en.htm

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2012 at 04:31 PM »
New FW for this X5. You can switch ON/OFF the boot-up of Android. Also, comes with Movie Jukebox Support.

Good day!

And for the Realtek 1185 and 1186 models, we've released a new FW, and ir can support Yet Another Movie Jukebox now, please check and download the new FW for X5(RTD1186) model first:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w5wggc

Please download from the link and test.

For the Yet Another Movie Jukebox use manual, please check the website:
http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/MovieJukebox
http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/Installation

« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2012 at 04:33 PM by garfield03 »

Offline sonfc

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2012 at 10:14 AM »
Sir question lang. When I recently used my X5 there is a monotone sound coming from the TV. The NMT is connected to the tv via hdmi cable and to my receiver via optical. The sound coming from the receiver is normal. I eliminated the sound coming from the tv by choosing analogue in the sound option of the hdmi. THanks

Offline dreidrei

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2012 at 09:12 PM »
Sir I wanti to know if this NMT can convert regular 2d movies into 3d

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 08:17 PM »
Sir I wanti to know if this NMT can convert regular 2d movies into 3d

Sorry this nmt capable play 3D files. It doesn't convert 2D to 3D. I think some 3D LED/LCD TV is capable of doing that. No NMT yet is capable of that function.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2012 at 08:23 PM »
. No NMT yet is capable of that function.

tama si garfield03, leave the conversion sa TV if meron ka.

pero merong ding NMT that can do 2D/3D conversion, but NOT without a price(may penalty i mean), while may 3 levels of 3D pa nga pero may downside, which i will not discuss here, but you can PM me and i'll talk based on experience. in short -- check carefully when you see the promise of 2D/3D conversion
If I may recommend - simply exclude the 2D/3D converter feature when selecting NMTs but if you really want the feature -- check mo muna if you will really like the results ng 2D/3D converter standalones.
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2012 at 08:31 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline GLC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2012 at 04:08 PM »
Tanung ko lang kung compatible ba yun Sata 3 na HDD at hanggang ilang TB ang kaya ng measy x5
A lie is a great story that is ruined with the truth- Barney Stinson

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2012 at 09:52 PM »
Sorry this nmt capable play 3D files. It doesn't convert 2D to 3D. I think some 3D LED/LCD TV is capable of doing that. No NMT yet is capable of that function.

No offense meant sir Gary but the Measy X5 I bought from you months ago had a "3D simulation" in the menu during playback. Tried it and it converts 2D to 3D.. Of course, it can also play 3D sbs, top/bottom and 3D BD iso..
Columbia

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #9 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 02:29 AM »
Does it support BD Menus?

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 04:00 AM »
Does it support BD Menus?

I think BD Menus now come standard feature with Realtek 1186. I was pleasantly surprised my ISO displayed with a prompt: to(PLay without Navigation,Play with navigation etc)
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012 at 04:01 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Columbia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2012 at 09:57 AM »
I just got hold of Men In Black 3 3D Bd iso (don't ask me how), a whopping 44.2 Gig file, and it play
flawlessly on my X5. it automatically renders it as 3D..
Columbia

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 06:29 AM »
Just got my X5 yesterday.  Very nice classy aluminum finish.  And has 4 USB 2.0 ports!!!  It also has a USB 3.0 port for fast transfer of files from PC to the internal HDD.  The remote has backlight which is a very good feature for watching in dark HT rooms.  The display in front of the player shows the movie time.  It has a LAN port at the back so streaming from your network is possible. 

Playability

So far I have tested 3D BD ISOs (Men in Black 3 and The Avengers) and they played flawlessly as if it was a BD played in a BD player sans the menus.

I also tried my 3D SBS movies and they are being rendered much much better (just like in 3D BDs) than just playing the files in an ordinary non3D media player and letting the TV do the SBS 3D conversion.

I had a problem though playing Dreamworks Spooky Stories.  It is a 16GB non3D 1080p movie with a DTSHD MA audio track.  It stuttered continuously.  :-\  Played this in my HTPC running on XBMC and had no problems with it.

In the Settings Menu, there is an option to play BD Menu (YES/NO).  Tried both but when playing 3D BD ISO files, it goes straight to the movie. 

I have yet to test the LAN (network) capabilities of this player.  There is also an option for BT download which I haven't tested yet.

It has a dual OS feature and can download Android Apps and has a Web browser.  Since I haven't tried hooking it up to a network with internet, I have not tried these as well.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 06:32 AM »
New FW for this X5. You can switch ON/OFF the boot-up of Android. Also, comes with Movie Jukebox Support.

Good day!

And for the Realtek 1185 and 1186 models, we've released a new FW, and ir can support Yet Another Movie Jukebox now, please check and download the new FW for X5(RTD1186) model first:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/w5wggc

Please download from the link and test.

For the Yet Another Movie Jukebox use manual, please check the website:
http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/MovieJukebox
http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/Installation

Is the latest firmware 2.09? I cannot download your file from the link as it is already expired.

Offline Columbia

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 07:02 AM »
@nerveblocker:
        Try this link. http://www.w2comp.com/news.asp?menuid=11248&supmenuid=11146
Columbia

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 09:26 AM »
@nerveblocker:
        Try this link. http://www.w2comp.com/news.asp?menuid=11248&supmenuid=11146

Sir I have already installed the firmware version 2.09 which says it supports movie jukebox.  After rebooting, I found a Jukebox option in the main menu but doesn't do anything even when I have installed YAMJ in my HDD.

Tried installing YAMJ using these instructions:  Step by Step Install of Movie Jukebox which was pretty straightforward. I scanned my external HDD where I saved the index.htm and it was there.  But on starting Measy, I found a folder named (Jukebox) which just contained my thumbnail pics and other files but it isn't the YAMJ Jukebox that I was expecting.   :-\  Guess it needs improvement on this aspect. 

No offense meant sir Gary but the Measy X5 I bought from you months ago had a "3D simulation" in the menu during playback. Tried it and it converts 2D to 3D.. Of course, it can also play 3D sbs, top/bottom and 3D BD iso..

I confirmed this and it has the option "3D Simulation".  When you click it, it adds depth to the movie but not as good as SBS MKVs or 3D BD ISOs.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012 at 09:42 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 09:39 AM »
I tried the Xtreamer USB WIFI dongle and it works with the X5. Was able to do internet browsing by using the Measy wireless keyboard and mouse.  The browser is basic just like in Android mobile phones but don't expect much as scrolling up and down is not possible.  Still looking for the browser options but haven't found any yet.

It can stream my pictures with music background thru Wifi.  No slideshow option.  Haven't tried video streaming yet.
« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012 at 09:45 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #17 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 10:04 AM »
Nice!!! Congrats Doc Mel. Mukhang enjoy na enjoy kayo sa 3D :)

Tanong ko lang sir Mel kung pinapadaan nyo ba ng AV receiver yung X5 or straight sa TV?

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM »
Nice!!! Congrats Doc Mel. Mukhang enjoy na enjoy kayo sa 3D :)

Tanong ko lang sir Mel kung pinapadaan nyo ba ng AV receiver yung X5 or straight sa TV?

Bro Louie, straight lang po sa TV.  I do not have a setup in the bedroom as my wife doesn't like BOOM BOOM POW.  ;D 

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #19 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 11:30 AM »
Bro Louie, straight lang po sa TV.  I do not have a setup in the bedroom as my wife doesn't like BOOM BOOM POW.  ;D

Hehehe... Ok Doc Mel, thanks.

BTW nakakaaddik talaga yung 3D, baka mamaya 3D PJ na targetin mo Doc Mel ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM »
Hehehe... Ok Doc Mel, thanks.

BTW nakakaaddik talaga yung 3D, baka mamaya 3D PJ na targetin mo Doc Mel ;D

Bago 3D PJ eh 3D receiver muna.   :o Magastos!  Isipin ko muna.  Ok pa naman ako sa plasma eh.  ;D

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2012 at 04:28 PM »
sir supported ba ng x5 ang torrent download?
may sample screen caps ka sir ng interface nya while navigating movies, music etc..? wala ako mahanap sa net.

thanks!
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2012 at 04:40 PM by stockHT »
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 30, 2012 at 04:44 PM »
Any reviews from those who bought this NMT?

My brother's Xtreamer Sidewinder is dying already... and I'm trying to decide which NMT to get for him.

Appreciate hearing from you guys.

thanks,

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 12:52 AM »
@never

sir yung movie scraping, gumagawa ba sya ng sariling folder for image and info or:

1. If the movies are inside their own folder d:/TheAvengers/avengers.mkv , the cover images and info from scrape are inside d:\TheAvengers

2. If the movie is not in a folder d:\avengers.mkv, the cover images wiill on the root of d:\
OR it will create a folder and every cover images and info will be neatly tucked in that folder?

thanks!
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 08:40 AM »
@never

sir yung movie scraping, gumagawa ba sya ng sariling folder for image and info or:

1. If the movies are inside their own folder d:/TheAvengers/avengers.mkv , the cover images and info from scrape are inside d:\TheAvengers

2. If the movie is not in a folder d:\avengers.mkv, the cover images wiill on the root of d:\
OR it will create a folder and every cover images and info will be neatly tucked in that folder?

thanks!

I have updated my firmware to the latest 2.09 which supports Media Jukebox but as I have tried YAMJ and installed it just like what I do in Mede8er, it was disappointing.  I have also googled it but haven't found any answer yet.  Maybe in the next upgrade. 

All of my folders have all the info needed including thumbnails, fanart and movie info as I use them in XBMC but the Measy doesn't use them like in my HTPC.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 08:45 AM »
Any reviews from those who bought this NMT?

My brother's Xtreamer Sidewinder is dying already... and I'm trying to decide which NMT to get for him.

Appreciate hearing from you guys.

thanks,

nbc

My primary reason for buying this media player is for the playability of 3D movies either in the form of ISO or SBS MKVs and it delivered well in this aspect.  The SAMBA networking aspect is also commendable as I have tried this via WiIFi. 

The Media Jukebox doesn't work and needs improvement.  Haven't tried the BT download feature yet.  But specs says it supports this.
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2012 at 08:48 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #26 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 08:51 AM »
My primary reason for buying is media player is for the playability of 3D movies either in the form of ISO or SBS MKVs and it delivered in this aspect.  The SAMBA networking aspect is also commendable as I have tried this via WiIFi. 

The Media Jukebox doesn't work and needs improvement.  Haven't tried the BT download feature yet.  But specs says it supports this.

doc,

does a SBS movie file requires a 3D capable NMT player when played through a 3D monitor? i'm playing SBS mkv on a pch a-100 through an AVR then to a 3D pj. it worked well but far less quality than bluray. just want to know if there will be more pop when using a 3D capable NMT player.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 10:32 AM »
doc,

does a SBS movie file requires a 3D capable NMT player when played through a 3D monitor? i'm playing SBS mkv on a pch a-100 through an AVR then to a 3D pj. it worked well but far less quality than bluray. just want to know if there will be more pop when using a 3D capable NMT player.

Before I was playing 3D SBS via XBMC and let my 3D HDTV do the conversion.  The rendition wasn't as great compared to a 3D BD.  When wearing my 3D glasses, the edges of the TV wasn't well defined parang dumodoble that I have to watch at the center of the screen.  Another problem is that sometimes the video reverts back to 2D in that I have to reactivate the 3D button in my TV remote.  Hassle nga and nakakatamad manood with all the nuisances. 

This player renders SBS movies like 3D BDs.  Syempre not the same quality but the rendition is the same. Parang BD vs MKV.  The edges of your TV is well defined just like when playing 3D BDs. When you play the 3D movie, you have the option if the player will convert the movie to 3D or you can use the TV conversion.  Didn't find any difference actually in the final converted PQ.  The advantage of having the player convert the SBS is that after stopping the movie and when you view your files again,  it automatically goes back to normal as compared to the TV doing the conversion in that when you stop the movie, naka 3D mode parin sya parang magnified ang words and then you have to convert it back to 2D or wait for the TV to detect na hindi na 3D ang material.  Do I make sense?  ;D ;D ;D

Before parang gusto ko ng burahin mga 3D SBS after watching 3D BDs but after playing them in this player.  I'm definitely keeping them.  ;D

With this player pwede ng 3D SBS.  No need to store 3D BD ISOs that take up a lot of HDD space.  ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2012 at 10:40 AM by nerveblocker »

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #28 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 10:38 AM »
Doc,

Thanks for sharing...

BTW, tanung ko na rin, responsive ba yung remote nang Measy x5? or walang lag yung remote command? did you encounter any non mkv files like MP4, AVI, etc.?

I'm thinking of getting this unit kasi.

Thanks.
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 01, 2012 at 10:45 AM »
Doc,

Thanks for sharing...

BTW, tanung ko na rin, responsive ba yung remote nang Measy x5? or walang lag yung remote command? did you encounter any non mkv files like MP4, AVI, etc.?

I'm thinking of getting this unit kasi.

Thanks.

Parang wala naman akong lag na notice unless may nakaharang between the remote and the player.   :)  I tried MP4, WMV files streamed via Wifi from my local network.  Ayus naman.

Ok ang remote kasi backlit. 

You can check this link for the features of the Measy X5.