Author Topic: Measy X5 (RTD 1186) Full 3D HD Player  (Read 90238 times)

Offline rigiboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Measy X5 (RTD 1186) Full 3D HD Player
« Reply #90 on: Nov 20, 2012 at 05:19 PM »
A few more questions:

Where did you format the hard drive?

What do you use to transfer the file?

What is your firmware version?

Is the nmt connected to a router?

Hi sir. Here are the details:

Where did you format the hard drive? The drive came with the player which was preloaded. I haven't formatted it yet. don't know what sir gary used to format it.

What do you use to transfer the file? I use a to PC transfer files. When I use the NMT to move files, it confirms the command but it doesn't do the job. The files I intend to move don't get moved. I even lost several newly downloaded files using the built in move command.   

What is your firmware version? v2.04

Is the nmt connected to a router? yes.

Now, I can't download anymore. It accepts my new torrents but doesn't download. The speed is stuck at 0.0kbps. I checked my connection using the built-in browser eh may net naman.

haay. sana may makatulong.

Tapos when I turn it off, nawawala ung torrent file na pinasok ko sa bt downloader.

I usually download movies that are around 3gb to 11gb.

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Nov 20, 2012 at 07:47 PM »
Hi sir. Here are the details:

Where did you format the hard drive? The drive came with the player which was preloaded. I haven't formatted it yet. don't know what sir gary used to format it.

What do you use to transfer the file? I use a to PC transfer files. When I use the NMT to move files, it confirms the command but it doesn't do the job. The files I intend to move don't get moved. I even lost several newly downloaded files using the built in move command.   

What is your firmware version? v2.04

Is the nmt connected to a router? yes.

Now, I can't download anymore. It accepts my new torrents but doesn't download. The speed is stuck at 0.0kbps. I checked my connection using the built-in browser eh may net naman.

haay. sana may makatulong.

Tapos when I turn it off, nawawala ung torrent file na pinasok ko sa bt downloader.

I usually download movies that are around 3gb to 11gb.

I'll check on this...
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2012 at 08:43 PM by garfield03 »

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Nov 20, 2012 at 07:48 PM »
whats the current price for this player?
thanks

PM sent

Offline rhizom3

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Nov 22, 2012 at 06:22 PM »
Can you also PM me the current price for Measy X5?  Thank you!

Offline rigiboy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 08:45 AM »
I'll check on this...

Updated my firmware to v2.1 but same problem pa din.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #95 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 08:53 AM »
Updated my firmware to v2.1 but same problem pa din.

Bro try to download smaller sized avi files muna like 700MB.  Kasi maski sa PC ko when downloading torrents that are HD may cap sya sa speed and minsan di nagdodownload.  If smaller avi files ok naman.

Those same files ba ok to download using your PC?

Offline roygee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Nov 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM »
sirs,

does the measy x5 has an eject function for external drives?

Offline rigiboy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Dec 03, 2012 at 05:06 PM »
Bro try to download smaller sized avi files muna like 700MB.  Kasi maski sa PC ko when downloading torrents that are HD may cap sya sa speed and minsan di nagdodownload.  If smaller avi files ok naman.

Those same files ba ok to download using your PC?

Ok sir, I will try your suggestion.

But if this is the case, disappointing naman kasi ibig sabihin you can't download HD movies via your HD player. Strange.

I downloaded using a PC and the torrent / downloaded files are ok.

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #98 on: Dec 06, 2012 at 08:18 AM »
Measy X5's USB 3.0 refers to a slave port, it means the disk  will be seen as a drive from your computer if plugged. so its good for transferring from your PC to the Measy X5 at USB 3.0 speeds.

It does not have an USB 3.0 host port, AFAIK

so di pala pwede e connect ang USB 3.0 sa external drive. is there a gain in playback stability when using USB 3.0?

OT, how about the competitors sir toys4geeks, may USB 3.0 host na sila?

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #99 on: Dec 06, 2012 at 09:11 AM »
so di pala pwede e connect ang USB 3.0 sa external drive. is there a gain in playback stability when using USB 3.0?

Same question regarding playback stability using 3.0

By the way, the egreat r6s does have a usb 3.0 host port, networked na rin sya, plus 3d compatibility.
It was a super tight race between this and the measy x5, but based on all the research, testimonial gathering and budget constraints i have, i feel that the egreat r6s is my personal choice for the price range. Getting my unit later from toys4geeks.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #100 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 07:18 AM »
By the way, the egreat r6s does have a usb 3.0 host port, networked na rin sya, plus 3d compatibility.
It was a super tight race between this and the measy x5, but based on all the research, testimonial gathering and budget constraints i have, i feel that the egreat r6s is my personal choice for the price range. Getting my unit later from toys4geeks.

Hmm...

The 3.0 host port is practically useless as a network shared drive since the eGreat can only do 100 Mbps and not gigabit ethernet.  If I had a USB 3.0 drive and I needed to transfer files, I would skip the middleman with the slow ethernet port and just connect to the source. :)

Also, there should be no improvement in PQ or AQ as the bandwidth needed for DTS-MA/Dolby TrueHD and 1080p can be run through USB 2.0 without any problems. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The X5 has more I/O ports, an hd tray, backlit remote and gigabit ethernet for just a fraction more than the eGreat R6S.  It can also work well as a good enclosure/NAS due to faster throughput c/o the gigabit eth and USB 3.0 output port.

Assuming firmware and build quality for both are equal (I have no idea as I don't have both), I would say the X5 would be way ahead of the R6S.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 07:57 AM »
To those who have actually used the Measy X5 as Full 3D Bluray player.

If the same Full 3D-Bluray rip contains both 3D and 2D version, can you switch between 3D and 2D through the Measy Controls or through the 3DTV?  Syempre 3D is not for everybody and if you have like 10 people watching and only 2 sets of 3D glasses, the option to switch to 2D would be convenient.

Sa PC kasi like TMT5, you just tick the 3D/2D tab to select the mode.

Im going to ask the same question sa Egreat 1186 thread.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2012 at 08:13 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline roygee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 08:12 AM »
hi sirs,

is there a shop or store kung saan pwede mag-demo ng Measy X5?

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #103 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
To those who have actually used the Measy X5 as Full 3D Bluray player.

If the same Full 3D-Bluray rip contains both 3D and 2D version, can you switch between 3D and 2D through the Measy Controls or through the 3DTV?  Syempre 3D is not for everybody and if you have like 10 people watching and only 2 sets of 3D glasses, the option to switch to 2D would be convenient.

Sa PC kasi like TMT5, you just tick the 3D/2D tab to select the mode.

Im going to ask the same question sa Egreat 1186 thread.

I had a copy of Abe Lincoln 3D blu ray iso and when I play it thru Measy, it automatically renders it as 3D. But I can "switch" off the 3D thru Measy's menu button..
Columbia

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 10:06 AM »
And it switches to a beautiful full quality Bluray 2D rendition and not a washed out 2D image? 

Thanks!

I had a copy of Abe Lincoln 3D blu ray iso and when I play it thru Measy, it automatically renders it as 3D. But I can "switch" off the 3D thru Measy's menu button..

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
« Reply #105 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 01:05 PM »
And it switches to a beautiful full quality Bluray 2D rendition and not a washed out 2D image? 

Thanks!
yup.. the 2D version is much like a BD copy. (I also tested it on other 3D BD iso, Kylie Minogue Aphrodite 3D concert, The Avengers, Underworld Awakening, etc..)
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2012 at 01:06 PM by columbia »
Columbia

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #106 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 01:14 PM »

Thanks!

AFAIK, its the same thing when you have a 3D ISO and plays on a 2D display,  most 1186 based NMTs switches to 3D to 2D if display is 2D.

hitting the  info button -- says its 1920x1080 so i assume its full HD on 2D that you are watching.  To add, If you have a 2D movies, and you want to show it in (simulated)3D, you can adjust the 3D depth for  simulated 3D output in the menu settings. .

I think the race in 1186 is the BD Menu Navigation  in 3D materials,
toy

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 01:17 PM »
Awesome!  Two more questions please,

1. Does the Measy X5 support DTS-HDMA and TrueHD?
2. Probably a dumb question but anyway, are all 3D-Bluray actually 3D+2D, or only those with +2D can be played in 2D as well?

Thank you.

yup.. the 2D version is much like a BD copy.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2012 at 01:23 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 01:22 PM »
Which means I can connect the Measy X5 to both the 2DTV V20 and 3DTV VT30 and be able to play a Full 3D-Bluray?  That's an enormous SPACE SAVER...hehehe

Is it even possible for Realtek to implement Full BD Nav? If they can do that and the A400 cannot, that's a huge reversal at a much lower price.

AFAIK, its the same thing when you have a 3D ISO and plays on a 2D display,  most 1186 based NMTs switches to 3D to 2D if display is 2D.

I think the race in 1186 is the BD Menu Navigation  in 3D materials,

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 04:24 PM »
good news ito bro alan. isang file nalang ang e store sa hdd, full 3D BD. FTW :)

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Dec 07, 2012 at 07:03 PM »
hi sirs,

is there a shop or store kung saan pwede mag-demo ng Measy X5?

PM sent...

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 05:51 AM »
Hmm...

The 3.0 host port is practically useless as a network shared drive since the eGreat can only do 100 Mbps and not gigabit ethernet.  If I had a USB 3.0 drive and I needed to transfer files, I would skip the middleman with the slow ethernet port and just connect to the source. :)

Also, there should be no improvement in PQ or AQ as the bandwidth needed for DTS-MA/Dolby TrueHD and 1080p can be run through USB 2.0 without any problems. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The X5 has more I/O ports, an hd tray, backlit remote and gigabit ethernet for just a fraction more than the eGreat R6S.  It can also work well as a good enclosure/NAS due to faster throughput c/o the gigabit eth and USB 3.0 output port.

Assuming firmware and build quality for both are equal (I have no idea as I don't have both), I would say the X5 would be way ahead of the R6S.

A few hours after pasting this comment, it got me thinking real hard and...

I ended up buying 2 X5's the following day.  :P

One is connected to an AVR while the other is connected to a tv and to an HTiB via optical.  The one connected to the avr is doing just fine.  It is definitely better than all the other nmt's I've tried.  BD-ISO's played flawlessly and the ones with menus worked great, too.  Gigabit ethernet is always great to have and the extra USB ports are definitely most welcome.

The one connected to the HTiB seemed really sluggish, it seems to boot much more slowly too.  In fact, the browser and Android apps never seem to want to run.  I have a feeling it's because of the extra optical connection to the HTiB.  It moves much faster when I put the HDMI setting to LPCM and the SPDIF setting to LPCM as well.

When I put the SPDIF setting to RAW (HDMI set to LPCM to save bandwidth) and the surround setting to 5.1, the player stalls and you would have to stop the video file from playing.  When I put the SPDIF setting to LPCM, it works fine but can obviously only output in stereo.  I am now trying different combinations/solutions to see how to output DTS via optical to the LG HTiB.  I will also try different firmwares to see if there is one which actually already solves this. 

Any insight from the other users would definitely be appreciated as well.  :D

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 07:06 AM »
hey guys regarding the issue of "hanging" or movie-stoppping, i just experienced it today. first with a 720p movie stopped at 5 mins, then went back to the folder, hit play stopped again at 5 mins. then i tired it again it went through but stopped at 30 or 35 mins. I tested 1080p movie and it happened more than 5 or 6 times before i was able to finish the movie (the 1080p movie is 2 hours and 5 minutes long) tinyaga ko lang ganda kasi nung palabas!

i tired 3D as well and the stop/hang still manifested.

btw using 1TB portable external HD.
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 07:39 AM »
hey guys regarding the issue of "hanging" or movie-stoppping, i just experienced it today. first with a 720p movie stopped at 5 mins, then went back to the folder, hit play stopped again at 5 mins. then i tired it again it went through but stopped at 30 or 35 mins. I tested 1080p movie and it happened more than 5 or 6 times before i was able to finish the movie (the 1080p movie is 2 hours and 5 minutes long) tinyaga ko lang ganda kasi nung palabas!

i tired 3D as well and the stop/hang still manifested.

btw using 1TB portable external HD.

Hmm...  Does it hang when you use a powered external HD?  Also, does it hang when you use an internal HD?

Btw, I just realized my X5's were still on 2.06 firmware.  :P

I will upgrade tomorrow (busy day today) and will check if the issues are still there. I think the reason why the other player was stalling was because of the optical connection.  I think there were fixes on the later fw to address concerns with audio.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 08:15 AM »
Probably a dumb question but anyway, are all 3D-Bluray actually 3D+2D, or only those with +2D can be played in 2D as well?

Most 3D bluray can be played in 2D but there are 3D movies that can't be palyed in 2D mode. 
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #115 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 08:28 AM »
Most 3D bluray can be played in 2D but there are 3D movies that can't be palyed in 2D mode.
elms pwede
sa measy x5(1185 chipset)

lahat ng 3d na nacopy ko lahat play nya... kapag naghanap ng 3d glasses etc at nadetect na 2d ung display
punta lang ako sa menu - setting iturn off ko ung BD 2.0 navigation
pinaglalaruan ko lang ung settings na un and iplay nya ung 3d

naiinis kasi ako dati hindi ko maplay ung captain america na 3d.iso mo

ioff ko lang ung bd navigation
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 08:46 AM »
elms pwede

lahat ng 3d na nacopy ko lahat play nya... kapag naghanap ng 3d glasses etc at nadetect na 2d ung display

how's the quality of the 2D movie, same ng mga 2d ISO's?

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 08:54 AM »
elms pwede

Puwede siya pero may mga 3D bluray kasi na  walang option na 2D as in 3D only check mo yung shrek walang 2D yan di mo puwede play as in 2D only.  >:D >:D

Eto link sa youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmqgPLjSRXo

Yah same lang pero pag nasanay ka na ng 3D mas maganda naka 3D siya.  ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012 at 08:55 AM by xrampage »
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 09:14 AM »
Based on what Ive read and comparative shots between 2D-In-3D-Bluray and plain 2D Bluray, not necessarily the same especially the color saturation..BUT...it probably won't be a big deal because a movie is a fast moving sequence of frames as opposed to stationary frame - so I would guess na no big deal.  I was just looking at the comparison screenshots of the latest Resident Evil series (when TF will that series end? - havent even watched a single Resident Evil movie-  hehehe) and the 3D Left-Eye Frame (the frame that plays under 2D mode) looks certainly brighter than the 2D release.

Even amongst Full BD (2D) releases, sometimes iba-iba ang video bitrates so a certain release (CEE, US, EU, Asia, Japan for instance), may look better than another release of the same title...BUT..again no big deal in my opinion basta taken from the same Master source.  Usual exception are the Russian BDs..they usually suck.  :)

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012 at 09:17 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Dec 09, 2012 at 09:20 AM »

Yah same lang pero pag nasanay ka na ng 3D mas maganda naka 3D siya.  ;) ;) ;)

as long as it works and the quality is almost 2DBD ISO-like, okay na ako. just want to keep 1 copy of the movie in my hdd. also,

interested sa 2D option as my kids and friends watch movies at home but i only have 4 ea 3D glasses, so kawawa ang walang glasses :D kaya 2D nalang panoorin para fair
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2012 at 09:26 AM by GneW »