Author Topic: Complaints on Toys for the Audio Boys  (Read 9181 times)

Offline RacksRUs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Complaints on Toys for the Audio Boys
« on: Apr 24, 2012 at 04:55 PM »
Dami na ako naririnig na complaints sa shop na ito, specifically pag nag pa consign ka ng item. A pdvd member recently had his items consigned, A trodt pre-amp to be specific. Ang siste nung tinatanong na nya kung nabenta na yung pre-amp, sabi ng owner ng shop (Richard) eh nakuha na pero trade-in lang sa cayin pre-amp. The PDVD member was promised na ibibigay yung payment sa kanyang Trodt pre-amp once nabenta yung Cayin. Weeks passed hangang sa nag followup na si PDVD member kasi nabalitaan lang nya sa ibang tao pa na nabenta na daw yung Cayin together with his consigned power cord. Eto masaklap, instead na 12k yung makukubra nya eh binigyan lang sya ng 5k kasi daw kulang pa yung binayad ng kumuha ng Cayin.

This is not the first time na ginawa sa kanya ito, wherein nabenta na yung item pero hindi nireremit at mukhang pinapa-ikot pa yung pera  >:( . Also there are reports na nabenta yung consigned item at a higher price pero i dedeclare ng may ari na puhunan lang binigay or worst less than the asking price para magmukhang hindi sya kumita para abutan mo pa.

I heard gawain talaga ito ng owner, kaya sa mga merong bad experience sa shop na ito its ok to post it here para maging warning sa mga members na gusto magpa consign.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012 at 04:55 PM by RacksRUs »

Offline carlos888

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Complaints on Toys for the Audio Boys
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012 at 10:41 PM »
Let me answer in behalf of my friend (Richard of toys for the audio boys). For the longest time i have been consigning items with his shop, never had i encountered such problems with him. To think my items are not on the cheap side. Why do i consign my items w/ him? Because i still have control on my items if ever an offer comes up for my stuff. Richard takes time to inform me and whatever decision i make, he respects it. That is why im very confident to recommend him to some of my friends who consigned their items there and so far none have complained w/ regards to their transactions w/ Richard after he was able to sell them.

Since the poster already named the shop and the owner, i would like to request the poster to identify the mentioned owner of the Trodt pre-amp. Because Richards name and shop is being put in a bad light, his accusations are misleading, misinterpreting and malicious. There are two sides in every story and hearsays are not all true. W/c the poster claim he have been hearing. Thus he is not present during the said transaction.

I just want to clarify to everybody to keep an open mind. Always remember that individual items are sold differently. Some will be sold quick others may not be. Brand is an important selling factor. Non moving items are not Richards fault. Whenever a buyer comes to a shop, it is always sure he already knows what he wants to buy. But still Richard tries to suggest and persuade buyers to offer various items. And if there are no offers for a consigned item, Richard always consults the owner if he wants other options like swapping or lay away. With such effort on Richard's part, is it wrong if he puts a little extra on the asking price of the consigned item? After all its his store, he pays the rent, pays for the dues. And in consigning we get a free exposure to a multitude of buyer that comes to his store everyday and no consigning fee is being charged to the owner of the item. Even if the item sits in his rack for a long time, occupying valuable space that he can use for his own item.

It is the responsibility of the owner of the consigned item, to keep track of his gears. This is what i have been doing for 8years now. And no such incident had ever happened between our transactions.

And these are not all hearsay, only facts.

Hana ML, Fidelity Research, Technics Sp-20, EAR-Yoshino, Plinius, Audience and WE cables.

Offline ilongranger

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012 at 11:42 AM »
Would just like to make some clarifications. I am the owner of the said pre amp and power cord. Richard has been open to me about the transaction. He did ask my permission to swap the trodt w the cayin and I agreed to the transaction even if I had prospective buyers because I want him to earn more. He did inform me about the staggard payment and I agreed to it. I've known him since the store is located in star mall and has consigned lots of items with him. I guess this is just some misunderstanding.
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline jjlovemusic

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Breaking dawn... time to enjoy the movie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012 at 12:41 PM »
Dami na ako naririnig na complaints sa shop na ito, specifically pag nag pa consign ka ng item. A pdvd member recently had his items consigned, A trodt pre-amp to be specific. Ang siste nung tinatanong na nya kung nabenta na yung pre-amp, sabi ng owner ng shop (Richard) eh nakuha na pero trade-in lang sa cayin pre-amp. The PDVD member was promised na ibibigay yung payment sa kanyang Trodt pre-amp once nabenta yung Cayin. Weeks passed hangang sa nag followup na si PDVD member kasi nabalitaan lang nya sa ibang tao pa na nabenta na daw yung Cayin together with his consigned power cord. Eto masaklap, instead na 12k yung makukubra nya eh binigyan lang sya ng 5k kasi daw kulang pa yung binayad ng kumuha ng Cayin.

This is not the first time na ginawa sa kanya ito, wherein nabenta na yung item pero hindi nireremit at mukhang pinapa-ikot pa yung pera  >:( . Also there are reports na nabenta yung consigned item at a higher price pero i dedeclare ng may ari na puhunan lang binigay or worst less than the asking price para magmukhang hindi sya kumita para abutan mo pa.

I heard gawain talaga ito ng owner, kaya sa mga merong bad experience sa shop na ito its ok to post it here para maging warning sa mga members na gusto magpa consign.

You can click "report to moderator"  ;D
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you

Offline xtian_lugz

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • OB-one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012 at 01:08 PM »
There are many of us NEVER encountered any problems with Richard.. I've known him for years now and consigned all of my gears to him and also bought most of my stuff in his shop.. Also there are countless high end pieces that are being consigned/sold sa shop nya. The owners will not entrust their expensive gears kay Richard IF there was a problem with him.
In God we trust!

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012 at 02:10 PM »
let's be careful in posting items, both buyers and sellers are equal members of this forum.  also, let's always get both sides of the story, need to do extended verification.  pag-email kasi, minsan one sided lang ang communication.  just sharing my thought. ;)

Offline RacksRUs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012 at 08:57 AM »

Offline RacksRUs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012 at 08:59 AM »
There are many of us NEVER encountered any problems with Richard.. I've known him for years now and consigned all of my gears to him and also bought most of my stuff in his shop.. Also there are countless high end pieces that are being consigned/sold sa shop nya. The owners will not entrust their expensive gears kay Richard IF there was a problem with him.

member with credibility issue does not count as well  ;D

Offline musika

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Absolute sounds
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012 at 02:06 PM »
how about ilongranger  ;D

Offline RacksRUs

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012 at 03:15 PM »
how about ilongranger  ;D

He's not saying the truth  ;D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012 at 03:16 PM by RacksRUs »

Offline ilongranger

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012 at 01:29 PM »
He's not saying the truth  ;D
I think you have some personal grudges with Richard. Why don't you share your experiences with him not some hearsay. I don't know you and don't intend to. Pls be careful in making false accusations.
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012 at 01:34 PM »
I think you have some personal grudges with Richard. Why don't you share your experiences with him not some hearsay. I don't know you and don't intend to. Pls be careful in making false accusations.

::) Try this one sir!  ::)

You can click "report to moderator"  ;D

;)
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you

Offline kefq

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • DVD Guru
  • Ethical Hacker
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 81
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012 at 02:01 PM »
I have known ilongranger, mabait na tao yan . Saka galante  ;D

Offline ilongranger

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012 at 05:51 PM »
I have known ilongranger, mabait na tao yan . Saka galante  ;D
Tnx dex. Don't know why I got drag into this.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012 at 06:01 PM by ilongranger »
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012 at 06:59 PM »
member with credibility issue does not count as well  ;D

How about you? Do u consider urself credible?

+1  :)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012 at 07:25 PM »

We have common friends, one of them, my bro-in-law, though we haven't met personally. He's highly recommended and a very super duper helpful person. I can very well vouch for master gilbert.

Offline ferdinand

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • DVD Guru
  • Trust is my virtue-enjoy life !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012 at 08:13 PM »
We have common friends, one of them, my bro-in-law, though we haven't met personally. He's highly recommended and a very super duper helpful person. I can very well vouch for master gilbert.
Plus 1 ako dyan, Ilongranger is a compassionate person, alam ko story nun, as a member of pdvd napakadaling kausap nyan kahit alam nyang lugi sya sa transaction basta hingi ka ng favor ang sasabihin nya 'SIGE NA NGA'  :D :D :D :D

btw, I didn't know Richard personally, but a lot of my friends here in pdvd recommend him as a good
person to transact.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012 at 08:23 PM by ferdinand »

Offline ilongranger

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012 at 08:43 PM »
Tnx bro. Kita din tayo one of these days
Jbl Hartsfield
Emt 930 st
Marantz 8b
Marantz 7c
Jadis JP80mc
Jps labs

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012 at 11:17 PM »
Who da f@c|< is the TS?!  :P

Offline delinsk

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012 at 05:21 PM »
i am the owner of the cayin and when i suggested the trade after bringing the item for audition, he advised me that he will informed first the owner (ilongranger). after a day or two, he give me the go signal and brought with me the cayin to his shop. few days had passed, maybe out of courtesy, he advised me that my cayin was sold already which i  think im out of it anyway. when i jokingly asked him if the transaction make him happy meaning did he earned something of the deal, his reply was; "wala gusto ko lang mabenta na ung item staggered pa ang payment eh pumayag naman ang owner!"

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012 at 05:42 PM by delinsk »

Offline kefq

• DVD Guru
  • Ethical Hacker
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012 at 10:06 AM »
Atleast clear na

deslink traded his cayin preamp to ilongrangers sub 8k trodt preamp thru Toys 4 Audio Boys (Richard)

Richard sold the cayin thru staggered payment to pay ilongranger

Also there are reports na nabenta yung consigned item at a higher price pero i dedeclare ng may ari na puhunan lang binigay or worst less than the asking price para magmukhang hindi sya kumita para abutan mo pa

when i jokingly asked him if the transaction make him happy meaning did he earned something of the deal, his reply was; "wala gusto ko lang mabenta na ung item staggered pa ang payment eh pumayag naman ang owner!"

Cguro naman kumita si Richard kahit papaano because of the Cayin to Trodt ratio  ;)

Offline delinsk

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012 at 07:18 PM »
richard has his reasonable ways in dealing with his friends who consigned items in his shop and buyers-only alike. his lose-some-winsome attitude, make him survived in the business. this man, values friendship than business in his dealings. for me, it is his best asset as well as his marketing strategy that is best applicable in this kind of business where his target market are hobbyist. i knew it because i've been there when times get tough for him to survive. had he been employing business-straight attitude, he would have in the same league with the others in the business or otherwise.

Offline kefq

• DVD Guru
  • Ethical Hacker
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2012 at 03:40 PM »
richard has his reasonable ways in dealing with his friends who consigned items in his shop and buyers-only alike. his lose-some-winsome attitude, make him survived in the business. this man, values friendship than business in his dealings. for me, it is his best asset as well as his marketing strategy that is best applicable in this kind of business where his target market are hobbyist. i knew it because i've been there when times get tough for him to survive. had he been employing business-straight attitude, he would have in the same league with the others in the business or otherwise.

+1

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2012 at 05:44 PM »
locking this thread.