Author Topic: Help setting up Technics SL-23  (Read 4454 times)

Offline carrierodriguez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help setting up Technics SL-23
« on: May 06, 2012 at 10:24 PM »

Hello there!! I found my dad's old vinyl record collection so now I wanna buy a second hand turntable and set it up to start my own vinyl collection and enjoy the music! :)
So... since I'm a newb I'd like to hear your suggestions on how to set up the hardware.. I'm thinking of purchasing a Technics SL-23 :)

I would also love it if you guys could also give some suggestions on how or what hardware to get for the output.. amp/pre-amp/receiver/speaker...

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Help setting up Technics SL-23
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012 at 10:42 PM »

for simple & cheaper route to enjoy the music, I suggest match it with vintage amp/stereo receiver and speakers.  ;D  :D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline carrierodriguez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012 at 11:27 PM »

for simple & cheaper route to enjoy the music, I suggest match it with vintage amp/stereo receiver and speakers.  ;D  :D

yeah? would you know the best places to get these units?? I only know of Raon but sometimes they don't have them/

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012 at 07:10 AM »
yeah? would you know the best places to get these units?? I only know of Raon but sometimes they don't have them/

Here at the PinoyDVD marketplace. :)

Offline ramble_on

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012 at 09:37 AM »
another option would be the surplus section sa pier

Offline carrierodriguez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012 at 02:35 PM »
another option would be the surplus section sa pier

Pier?

Offline Fernan19

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Collector
  • Dreams Never End
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012 at 02:49 PM »
mga surplus electronics bro na pwede ka buy sa pier...i think from japan

happy hunting
Marantz PM6006
Marantz CD6006
B&W 685 S2
Technics SL1200
Pioneer SA 7800ii

Offline Schrodinger's cat

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012 at 03:19 PM »
It looks like you already have vinyls, and you're about to get the Technics SL-23 turntable. What you need now are: an amplifier (with a phonostage), a pair of speakers, and cables to connect them with. if you want to keep things simple and affordable, you can get a vintage receiver or integrated amp and 2nd hand speakers for that vintage sound.

The 'pier' mentioned is at South Harbor, Manila, near Manila Cathedral or Manila Hotel. You can find many surplus items there. But if you don't choose carefully you may end up with junk. Not guaranteed, but maybe it's better if you can monitor the pdvd marketplace, a lot of good deals there from reputable members. Really no need to spend a lot to enjoy the music. Good luck!

Offline carrierodriguez

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012 at 08:53 PM »
It looks like you already have vinyls, and you're about to get the Technics SL-23 turntable. What you need now are: an amplifier (with a phonostage), a pair of speakers, and cables to connect them with. if you want to keep things simple and affordable, you can get a vintage receiver or integrated amp and 2nd hand speakers for that vintage sound.

The 'pier' mentioned is at South Harbor, Manila, near Manila Cathedral or Manila Hotel. You can find many surplus items there. But if you don't choose carefully you may end up with junk. Not guaranteed, but maybe it's better if you can monitor the pdvd marketplace, a lot of good deals there from reputable members. Really no need to spend a lot to enjoy the music. Good luck!

Wow! thanks a lot! that's just the kind of info I was looking for!  ;D and yes, I do have vinyl records but I'm always looking for stores around manila that sell current LPs :)