Author Topic: 3D MEDIA PLAYER NECESSARY?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline ultimax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
3D MEDIA PLAYER NECESSARY?
« on: May 09, 2012 at 03:20 PM »
Hi Guys! Maybe some of you could explain to me the importance of buying or upgrading to a 3D media player. I just recently bought a 50" panasonic plasma 3d ST series with 2 pairs of active shutter glasses as freebies. The first thing that entered my mind was to upgrade my existing sidewinder 2 to sw 3 just because the latter features 3d. I bought the SW3 for 5.5k and very excited to test it on my new plasma but the SW3 won't start >:( so I decided to return it the next day and got my refund. I went home, connect back my SW2 to the plasma and decided to test a 3d media file (IMAX under the sea 3d). I wore the 3d glasses and Lo and behold it works and looks fantastic ;D! Is it because the Panasonic has some kind of decoding chip to handle 3d media files? Does it mean that any regular media player is enough to watch 3d media files on a 3d flat screen? What is the advantage of using a "3D" media player if a regular one does the job? Maybe I am missing something here.  ???I appreciate any opinion technical or otherwise. Thanks?

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Re: 3D MEDIA PLAYER NECESSARY?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012 at 03:49 PM »
Hi Guys! Maybe some of you could explain to me the importance of buying or upgrading to a 3D media player. I just recently bought a 50" panasonic plasma 3d ST series with 2 pairs of active shutter glasses as freebies. The first thing that entered my mind was to upgrade my existing sidewinder 2 to sw 3 just because the latter features 3d. I bought the SW3 for 5.5k and very excited to test it on my new plasma but the SW3 won't start >:( so I decided to return it the next day and got my refund. I went home, connect back my SW2 to the plasma and decided to test a 3d media file (IMAX under the sea 3d). I wore the 3d glasses and Lo and behold it works and looks fantastic ;D! Is it because the Panasonic has some kind of decoding chip to handle 3d media files? Does it mean that any regular media player is enough to watch 3d media files on a 3d flat screen? What is the advantage of using a "3D" media player if a regular one does the job? Maybe I am missing something here.  ???I appreciate any opinion technical or otherwise. Thanks?

If you are going to play MKV 3D "side by side" or "Top and Bottom" files any media player that support MKV files(or whatevet video file it is) would do. You just set your 3D HDTV to "auto detect 3D" at siya na bahala magproprocess nung "side by side" or "top and bottom" video file. Pero when it comes to playing bluray 3D iso files or frame packed 3D files you will need the so called "3D" media players like those based on Realtek 1186 chips...

Offline ultimax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012 at 03:55 PM »
If you are going to play MKV 3D "side by side" or "Top and Bottom" files any media player that support MKV files(or whatevet video file it is) would do. You just set your 3D HDTV to "auto detect 3D" at siya na bahala magproprocess nung "side by side" or "top and bottom" video file. Pero when it comes to playing bluray 3D iso files or frame packed 3D files you will need the so called "3D" media players like those based on Realtek 1186 chips...

Nicely explained and much appreciated. Now I can sleep well at night. :)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 03:26 AM »
Nicely explained and much appreciated. Now I can sleep well at night. :)

if your TV also has no 3D conversions but are 3D capable, ask your NMT player provider if it can do 2D/3D conversion and show you how, some have multiple depth settings so such capable players convert 2D movies to 3D.

HTH
toy