Author Topic: Home theater 25k budget  (Read 3424 times)

Offline lexingtonngo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Home theater 25k budget
« on: May 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM »
Any suggestions for a 25k home theater budget?

Planning to get an Onkyo HT3405..is it worth it?

Just for watching movies.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Home theater 25k budget
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012 at 04:29 PM »

Is this your budget for the whole thing? (Speakers, Receivers, SUbwoofers, LCD TV, etc etc..)
Walang Setup

Offline lexingtonngo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012 at 04:39 PM »
Is this your budget for the whole thing? (Speakers, Receivers, SUbwoofers, LCD TV, etc etc..)

Speaker..receiver and subs only

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012 at 04:50 PM »
audition mo muna before deciding. :)
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline robot.sonic

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012 at 04:56 PM »
ganyan din original na plan ko. mag htib. limited din budget e. pero i was convinced not to go thru that route. pag htib DAW kasi you'll have a hard time changing gears.

kaya ang meron ako ngayon ay dalawang bookshelf speaker lang. wala nga akong home theater pero enjoy naman sa audio. Mag dadagdag na lang ako ng pakonti konti ng gears pag magka pera para mabuo ko yung HT dream ko.

Masaya din mag dagdag ng pakonti konti lang. ma feel mo yung effect ng dinagdag mo.

BTW, gaano kalaki yung space mo?

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012 at 05:34 PM »

as much as you want to go the better route kung talagang may budget limitations ka, you just can not go further, HT is a journey and the journey goes with your buying capability, kung tlagang 25K lang muna, best option talaga ang HTIB, during my starting days, Im fond of Pioneer HTIBs, good enough sound quality for starters but being an Onyo user currently, IM sure Onkyo HTIBs would be a very good choice, if yuo do not see yourself getting extra funding of say another 25K in the next 8 to 12 months, just get the HTIB and enjoy the start of your journey. If you think you can afford to save 25K more for the next 4 to 6 months, then forget about the craving for now, start saving and be patient and get a set up better than an HTIB wiht your 50K
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012 at 06:01 PM »

Offline lexingtonngo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM »
I should have save up nlng before and get an onkyo htib....currently using lg ht805pm for optical only...

Offline lexingtonngo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012 at 11:55 PM »
as much as you want to go the better route kung talagang may budget limitations ka, you just can not go further, HT is a journey and the journey goes with your buying capability, kung tlagang 25K lang muna, best option talaga ang HTIB, during my starting days, Im fond of Pioneer HTIBs, good enough sound quality for starters but being an Onyo user currently, IM sure Onkyo HTIBs would be a very good choice, if yuo do not see yourself getting extra funding of say another 25K in the next 8 to 12 months, just get the HTIB and enjoy the start of your journey. If you think you can afford to save 25K more for the next 4 to 6 months, then forget about the craving for now, start saving and be patient and get a set up better than an HTIB wiht your 50K

Thanks bro...actually un dn naisp ko knna...ipon ipon pa ako and get a better set up...im choosing between HK/JBL or onkyo...

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM »
seperates bro
used onkyo htib almost 2months o wala pa ata then switch imediately
Love me or hate me.....

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012 at 02:14 AM »
ganyan din original na plan ko. mag htib. limited din budget e. pero i was convinced not to go thru that route. pag htib DAW kasi you'll have a hard time changing gears.

kaya ang meron ako ngayon ay dalawang bookshelf speaker lang. wala nga akong home theater pero enjoy naman sa audio. Mag dadagdag na lang ako ng pakonti konti ng gears pag magka pera para mabuo ko yung HT dream ko.

Masaya din mag dagdag ng pakonti konti lang. ma feel mo yung effect ng dinagdag mo.

BTW, gaano kalaki yung space mo?

+1

Tama si brader tirso.

seperates bro
used onkyo htib almost 2months o wala pa ata then switch imediately

Take if from the experince of rbrader derick.  ;D ;D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012 at 05:39 AM »
Unfortunately for you, you already know about separates so getting an HTIB will force you to endure a long period of craving befor your next "big" upgrade.  If you think you won't be able to endure the long "painful" period, I suggest then you get a partial HT with separates and upgrade as your budget permits. 

Here is the sequence I would do:  1) entry level 5.1 AVR + good front + DVD player (P25k); 2) good center (P15k-20k); 3) subwoofer (P25k); 4) surround + BD player (P25k); 5) AVR upgrade (P30k + sales of 5.1 AVR);

Please note that it is possible that an HTIB will sound better until you get to Step 3 however the more frequent upgrades will help you keep the "sars" in check, and I think will get you closer to your final goal sooner and at a lower cost. 

You might also consider getting the who shebang on credit but personally I do not recommend this.

Have fun.
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012 at 07:07 AM »

My opinion:

You can get an AVR and a pair of speakers for 25k. When the budget allows, spend the extra money for a sub. It's your choice if you want to progress from there. Quality matters more than quantity in most cases.

Offline DTNS

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012 at 09:39 AM »
just curious, what CAN one buy with strictly a 25k budget aside from the Onkyo HT-S3400 HTIB? the way I see it, you can only get a super budget receiver like a pioneer 521, and a pair of surround speakers for the front. you can also go for Daiichi floorstanders like the Euros 6BL, if you're not snobbish about buying local brands.
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM »
AVR about 2 or 3 generations back can cost as low as P10k.  A pair of pre-loved RTi A3s are sold for as low as P12k.  If you go for a slightly lower bracket of speakers you may even squeeze in a sub or a center speaker.   
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2012 at 02:07 PM »
i dont think you can get a home theater set up that can satisfy you at the cost of 25K other than HTIB, going the separates way would only allow you to get a receiver and left and right speaker perhaps but is it considered a home theater set up? if you want to enjoy movie watching there must be a front, left and right and suround speakers and subwoofer but if you find just the front and center satisfying enough, then good for you as starter

Receiver - maybe there are decent ones at 10K brand new kahit mababang modelo lang, i wouldnt get old models especially yung matagal na talaga, may risk na sa sira, pag nangyari yun, lalong nakakapanghinayang ang pera.

Wharfedale 10.1 - around 5.5 to 6k yata
Wharfedale 10CS - around 4.5 to 5 yata
Wharfedale 10DFS - around 4.5K yata
US Audio subwoofer - alam ko merong 7K

if you add up the above more than 25K na wala pang dvd player
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM »
Used stuff sir sa budget nio.

Onkyo 30x + wharfs siguro pasok.

Impt sa una, HDMI, HD codecs, enough juice para sa speakers, at least 5.1.

After that, SARS takes over..... Upgradatitis...

Kahit anu pang gear yan, sooner or later, the upgrade itch will happen...

Will you scratch it? :D :D :D
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline Chorus

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • DVD Addict
  • Reading is Learning
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM »
Used stuff sir sa budget nio.

Onkyo 30x + wharfs siguro pasok.

Impt sa una, HDMI, HD codecs, enough juice para sa speakers, at least 5.1.

After that, SARS takes over..... Upgradatitis...

Kahit anu pang gear yan, sooner or later, the upgrade itch will happen...

Will you scratch it? :D :D :D

Tama  ;D

Offline merdenoms

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • good music is felt not heard
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
intay ka nalang ng second hand wharfs just what like i did....

got my diamond 10.1 and 10cs for only 8500php then bili ka ng pioneer ampli for 10k then save some money bili ka ng rear for 2k then ipon ka nalang ulit for subs