Author Topic: HT PC setup???  (Read 881 times)

Offline jcarlos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HT PC setup???
« on: Jun 21, 2012 at 01:19 PM »
Hi,

I want to know how to connect 5.1 speakers to pc? Can I do it without an A/V receiver? If I need one can you tell me a budget receiver with dts and dolby support.  I only plan to connect my PC with hdmi, TV with hdmi and speakers with the A/V receiver.  (I don't have any blu-ray player and game consoles). I'm planning to buy a mirage nanosat speakers soon.

thanks

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: HT PC setup???
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM »
You need an A/V receiver to make use of the Mirage Nanosat package. You can get one for around 10-15k.

If you get an A/V receiver with HDMI ports, you'll connect the HTPC to the A/V receiver via HDMI cable. Then A/V receiver to TV via HDMI cable again. This will carry both video and audio signals already.

If you get an A/V receiver without HDMI, you'll connect the HTPC to the TV via HDMI. For the audio, you'll use an optical cable to connect the HTPC to the A/V receiver. With this set-up, you won't be able to play the latest DTS-HD and TrueHD sound formats.

If you're going to use this set-up for DVDs only, then you're good with the latter. If you're planning to get a bluray drive for your PC, then I would recommend going for the first option to take advantage of HD audio.

HTH! :)

Offline jcarlos

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2012 at 05:54 PM »
Thanks for replying.
Can you recommend a budget receiver with hdmi, dts and dolby support too. :)

Offline joko11

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2012 at 07:14 PM »
Thanks for replying.
Can you recommend a budget receiver with hdmi, dts and dolby support too. :)
there a lots of budget recievers at marketplace.
pick up one then google for specs.
avr with hdmi supports are common nowadays.you wont have a hardtime looking for what you need
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline jcarlos

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 01:07 PM »
Someone just lent me his AVR but without hdmi, but it only includes optical and co-axial. Is there any other way to  play the latest DTS-HD and TrueHD sound while using an AVR without hdmi. Is there other way like buying video converters? 

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #5 on: Jun 24, 2012 at 01:33 PM »
Someone just lent me his AVR but without hdmi, but it only includes optical and co-axial. Is there any other way to  play the latest DTS-HD and TrueHD sound while using an AVR without hdmi. Is there other way like buying video converters?  

There are other ways, but it's probably not worth the effort. The easiest way is to use an analog connection, if you really want to do this.
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2012 at 01:34 PM by Stagea »